RED SNAPPER WITH LEMON BUTTER
- Roll the fish lightly in flour mixed with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in skillet; cook fish until brown on both sides (3 minutes per side).
- Remove fish to platter and keep warm.
- To skillet add butter and lemon; allow to simmer 1 minute.
- Pour over the fish.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
RED SNAPPER WITH SHERRY BEURRE BLANC
- In a small saucepan cook the Sherry, the shallot, the white wine, the vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste over moderately high heat until the liquid is reduced to about 2 tablespoons, remove the pan from the heat, and whisk in the butter, 1 piece at a time, adding each new piece before the previous one has melted completely. (The sauce should not get hot enough to liquefy. It should be the consistency of thin hollandaise.)
- On a foil-covered broiler pan broil the fillets under a preheated broiler about 4 inches from the heat for 4 to 5 minutes, or until they just flake, divide them between 2 plates, and spoon the sauce over them.
POTATO CRUSTED SNAPPER IN BEURRE BLANC SAUCE
- Using a Chinese or a regular mandoline, finely julienne the potatoes, and immediately put them into cold water and rinse thoroughly. Repeat 2 or 3 more times, or until water is clear. (The purpose of this is to rinse all the starches and sugars so potatoes do not burn when cooking). Drain water from potatoes and towel dry thoroughly. In a mixing bowl, add potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Add about 1/2 cup of the warm clarified butter, or enough to coat.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Season snapper well with salt and pepper. Take julienned potaotes and put a thin layer on the top side of the fish only. In a large saute pan heat about 1/4-inch of clarified butter over medium-high heat. Carefully lay fillets in pan, potato side down, and pan-fry until potatoes are golden brown. Turn fish over and finish cooking in pan in the oven. Place 1 fillet on each of 4 dinner plates. Top with Beurre Blanc Sauce and garnish with lemon herbs.
- Heat cream in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat until reduced to 3/4 cup. Reserve. In a large skillet, reduce wine, peppercorns, lemon juice, and shallots over high heat until almost dry (only a little liquid remains). Add reduced cream, whipping constantly. Remove from heat, and slowly whip in butter until thickened and smooth. Serve over snapper.
BAKED RED SNAPPER WITH SHRIMP AND MUSHROOMS
This recipe for red snapper and shrimp is truly delicious and easy to prepare. Everyone that has tried it has raved over it, even the kids. Serve over rice or angel hair pasta.
Provided by RFalgout
Categories Snapper Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt butter for cream sauce in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook and stir until vegetables soften and onion turns translucent, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Whisk flour and Creole seasoning into onion mixture to make a paste. Slowly add half-and-half, whisking constantly. Whisk in sherry, lemon juice, basil, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Add mozzarella; stir until melted and combined.
- Lightly season snapper and shrimp on both sides with seafood seasoning. Arrange snapper in a single layer in the prepared baking dish. Top with shrimp and mushrooms. Pour cream sauce over top. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven until fish flakes easily with a fork and shrimp are bright pink on the outside and the meat is opaque, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 373.4 calories, Carbohydrate 8 g, Cholesterol 208.1 mg, Fat 15.5 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 47.9 g, SaturatedFat 8.6 g, Sodium 618 mg, Sugar 1.3 g
GRILLED SNAPPER WITH LEMON BASIL BEURRE BLANC
- Puree basil leaves and heavy cream in a blender and reserve. In a medium saucepan, bring wine, vinegar, lemon juice and minced onion to a simmer, uncovered. When liquid has been reduced down to 1/4 its original volume (about 5-10 minutes), turn off heat and whisk in the cream/basil mixture, being sure to spoon in all basil shreds.
- Add butter to mixture one tablespoon at a time, whisking continuously, until all is used. Return pot to low heat for a few seconds, if necessary, so last butter pats melt. Strain sauce, and add salt to taste. Set aside.
- Prepare a grill. Grill fish 8 minutes per side, until skin is crispy. Lift meat from bones and place on plates. Drizzle with beurre blanc and serve.
SAUTEED RED SNAPPER FILLETS WITH LEMON ASPARAGUS PURéE
- Cut tips off 12 asparagus spears and reserve. Cut all spears into 1/2-inch pieces and cook in a saucepan of salted boiling water until tender, about 6 minutes. Transfer cooked asparagus with a slotted spoon to a blender and purée with 1 cup cooking liquid, reserving remaining cooking liquid in pan. Keep purée warm in a small saucepan.
- Have ready a bowl of ice and cold water. Return reserved cooking liquid to a boil and blanch reserved asparagus tips until just tender, about 3 minutes. Drain tips and immediately transfer to ice water to stop cooking. Drain tips and reserve for garnish.
- Scrub potato and cut lengthwise into four 1/2-inch-thick slices. In saucepan cook potato slices in salted boiling water to cover until tender, about 5 minutes, and transfer with a slotted spoon to a bowl. Keep potatoes warm, covered.
- Pat snapper dry and season with salt and pepper. In a large non-stick skillet heat oil over moderate heat until hot but not smoking and cook fish, skin sides down, about 3 minutes, or until skin is golden brown. Turn fish over and cook 2 minutes more, or until just cooked through.
- Whisk lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste into asparagus purée. Spoon some sauce onto 4 plates and top each portion with a potato slice and a fish fillet. Garnish fish with asparagus tips and serve remaining sauce on side.
WHITE SNAPPER TERRINE WITH BEURRE BLANC
Canada's Bonnie Stern's 1984 Cuisineart Cookbook. Looks beautiful and tastes wonderful. Very mild, even people who don't like fish will be won over by its delicate flavor. Serve hot with the sauce of cold with a flavored mayo.
Provided by Ambervim
Categories Very Low Carbs
Yield 8-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter 9x5 inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper and butter the paper.
- Chop pistachio nuts and reserve.
- Cut fish into 1 inch cubes. Pat dry if needed. Add to food processor and process with 8 to 12 pulses until the fish is finely chopped. Add Cognac and egg whites and puree it all.
- With machine running, add cream slowly through feed tube. Scrape down sides once or twice. Do not overprocess. Add salt, pepper, ginger and nutmeg. Process until blended.
- Add nuts and truffles with spatula, gently.
- Transfer mix to prepared pan and cover with a piece of buttered parchment.
- Place in a larger pan filled with boiling water that comes halfway up the sides of the pan.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until mousse mix fells firm to the touch.
- Rest 5 minutes.
- Prepare Beurre Blanc by placing stock and tarragon in a small saucepan and cook on high until reduced to about 2 tablespoons.
- Add whipping cream and reduce again to about 1/2 cup. Add butter and cook until melted.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Add any liquid on top of terrine to the Beurre Blanc.
- Before inverting onto a serving platter.
- To serve, place a circle of the sauce on each plate. Cut a slice of terrine and place in the center of the plate.
- Place a dab of caviar on each slice and garnish with parley and tomato rose.
- If serving cold, refrigerate before turning out of pan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 540.7, Fat 45.4, SaturatedFat 25.5, Cholesterol 207.9, Sodium 765.1, Carbohydrate 5.6, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 1.3, Protein 28.8
RED SNAPPER WITH GARLIC-LEMON-DILL BUTTER
Robust ocean fish seeks tangy, buttery garnish for epicurean adventure. This garnish works well on most types of fish, but it was hatched using red snapper because I had a lemon and a single sprig of dill that needed to be used and the red snapper was the best looking fresh fish in the case. I've done Alaskan sockeye salmon the same way to good effect. Pairs well with pasta or rice, shown with my go-to Fettuccine with Sweet Pepper-Cayenne Sauce from this site, and fresh vegetables.
Provided by canesmojo
Categories Snapper Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place red snapper filets on the prepared baking sheet, skin side down.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat and saute garlic in the melted butter until softened, about 3 minutes. Squeeze lemon juice on top, straining out the seeds.
- Brush the snapper liberally with garlic butter mixture, coating both pieces and season with salt and pepper of desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven until fish is opaque and firm to the touch, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 380.6 calories, Carbohydrate 1 g, Cholesterol 127.8 mg, Fat 20.3 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 46.3 g, SaturatedFat 11.6 g, Sodium 222.7 mg
More about "red snapper with sherry beurre blanc recipes"
PAN SEARED RED SNAPPER WITH BEURRE BLANC RECIPE
HOW TO COOK RED SNAPPER (7 AMAZING “DO IT YOURSELF” …
10 BEST RED SNAPPER FILLET RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST PAN SEARED RED SNAPPER RECIPES - YUMMLY
LEMON BEURRE BLANC SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BAKED RED SNAPPER WITH GARLIC AND HERBS RECIPE - THE …
RED SNAPPER WITH SHERRY BEURRE BLANC - BIGOVEN
Reviews 1Servings 1Cuisine AmericanCategory Main Dish
COST GRILLED RED SNAPPER WITH BEURRE BLANC RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
EASY SALT CRUSTED RED SNAPPER WITH WHITE WINE BEURRE BLANC
RED SNAPPER IN WHITE WINE BEURRE BLANC – WILDSIDE …
PAN-SEARED RED SNAPPER WITH LEMON BUTTER - THE BUTCHER SHOP, INC.
RED SNAPPER BEURRE BLANC - CHEFNIKKI.NET
WELOVEGOD.ORG - SHARE YOUR RECIPE! - RED SNAPPER WITH SHERRY …
RED SNAPPER WITH SHERRY BEURRE BLANC FOOD- WIKIFOODHUB
PAN SEARED RED SNAPPER - CUSTOM CULINARY
LEMON RED SNAPPER WITH HERBED BUTTER RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PAN-FRIED RED SNAPPER - HELL'S KITCHEN RECIPES
ASTRAY RECIPES: GRILLED RED SNAPPER WITH BEURRE BLANC
GRILLED RED SNAPPER WITH BEURRE BLANC - BIGOVEN.COM
10+ RED SNAPPER RECIPES TO MAKE AT HOME | MYRECIPES
BRONZED YELLOWTAIL SNAPPER WITH CITRUS BEURRE BLANC SAUCE
BAKED RED SNAPPER - SHERRY BABY RECIPES
GRILLED RED SNAPPER WITH BEURRE BLANC RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
RED SNAPPER RECIPES: SHERRY'S RED SNAPPER WITH SALSA
CITRUS-CILANTRO BEURRE BLANC (ON RED SNAPPER) - GODDESS COOKS
2 BAKED RED SNAPPER RECIPES - FISHBASICS
RED SNAPPER WITH SHERRY BEURRE BLANC RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
SALT CRUSTED RED SNAPPER WITH BEURRE BLANC | RECIPE | SEAFOOD …
GRILLED PACIFIC SNAPPER DISH - ADRIANA'S BEST RECIPES
ASTRAY RECIPES: RED SNAPPER WITH SHERRY BEURRE BLANC
BEST RED SNAPPER WITH LEMON BEURRE BLANC & ASPARAGUS RECIPES
RED SNAPPER, WHITE-MISO BROWN BUTTER – FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN
You'll also love