10 BEST WAYS TO USE RIGATONI
Looking for an easy dinner? Try one of these amazing rigatoni recipes! From spicy sausage to Greek pasta to tomato cream, the whole family will happily devour these meals.
Provided by insanelygood
Categories Recipe Roundup
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Select your favorite recipe.
- Organize all the required ingredients.
- Prep a rigatoni recipe in 30 minutes or less!
Nutrition Facts :
RIGATONI ALLA CASALINGA
This hearty and satisfying rigatoni with lamb, white beans and tomatoes is a simple, home-style Italian dish. Serve with a side salad, garlic bread and a cold pino grigio wine. From the R.S.V.P. section of an April 1989 issue of Bon Appetit. It was requested from Rao's Italian Restaurant in Houston, Texas.
Provided by Leslie in Texas
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and saute 2 minutes;transfer garlic to small bowl, using slotted spoon.
- Add lamb to pan in batches and brown well, about 10 minutes;return garlic to pan.
- Add wine and bring to boil, scraping up any browned bits.
- Add tomatoes with juices and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until lamb is tender, breaking up tomatoes with spoon, about 30 minutes.
- (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring sauce to simmer before continuing.).
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking; drain well.
- Mix pasta, beans arugala, and salt and pepper to taste into sauce and stir to heat through.
- Transfer to large bowl and serve with cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 925.2, Fat 43.7, SaturatedFat 17.3, Cholesterol 182.4, Sodium 135.8, Carbohydrate 78, Fiber 9.1, Sugar 7.3, Protein 46.9
RIGATONI ALLA SICILIANA
- Trim eggplant and cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- In a large skillet, cook eggplant and garlic in oil for 7 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomatoes and break up with a wooden spoon.
- Add oregano, salt and red pepper flakes.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While sauce is simmering, cook pasta following package directions.
- Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Toss drained pasta with sauce.
- Add reserved pasta water, in 1/4 cup increments, until desired consistency is reached.
- Stir in cheese, allow to melt slightly and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 460.4, Fat 14.7, SaturatedFat 4.3, Cholesterol 78.6, Sodium 906.3, Carbohydrate 67, Fiber 7.8, Sugar 7.5, Protein 17.2
RIGATONI ALLA ZOZZONA
Rigatoni alla zozzona combines the ingredients of the four pasta dishes for which Romans are famous: amatriciana, cacio e pepe, carbonara and gricia. While many Italian meals are typically the result of simple flavors - "neat" preparations where only a few ingredients shine - rigatoni alla zozzona (which translates to "a big mess") is more of a kitchen sink approach, marrying the ingredients of the four pastas (tomato sauce, black pepper, egg yolks, cheese and guanciale) with sausage. Rigatoni's sturdy tube shape provides the perfect vehicle to carry - and stand up to - the many components of the sauce.
Provided by Anna Francese Gass
Categories pastas, main course
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Once the water comes to a boil, cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente. Reserve ¼ cup of pasta water, then drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce: Add the olive oil to a deep, large skillet and heat over medium-low. Add the guanciale in an even layer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the fat renders and the strips start to crisp, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove guanciale to a small dish and set aside. Transfer the pan drippings to a small bowl, leaving about 1 tablespoon in the skillet.
- Increase heat to medium-high and stir the onion into the pan drippings, allowing it to soften, about 1 minute. Add the sausage and 1 teaspoon salt and break up the meat into small pieces. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sausage has browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste, then the cherry tomatoes. Decrease heat to medium and stir in the wine. Cover the sauce with a lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and, using the back of a spoon, break up the tomatoes and incorporate them into the sauce. Allow the sauce to cook, uncovered, for 5 more minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg yolks, ¼ cup cheese, the pepper and 1 tablespoon of the reserved guanciale drippings.
- Add the pasta and guanciale to the simmering sauce and stir to coat.
- Stir 2 tablespoons of the pasta water into the egg mixture. Turn off the heat and stir the egg mixture into the pasta until coated and glossy, adding 2 tablespoons more pasta water if needed. Transfer the pasta to a serving dish and top with additional cheese, if desired.
RIGATONI ALLA GENOVESE
I have no idea why this amazingly flavorful Genovese-style meat sauce isn't way more popular than it is. It's quite simply one of the best pasta sauces you'll ever taste, thanks to a very slow cooking process, and massive amounts of onions.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook pancetta until most of fat is rendered out, about 6 minutes. Remove cooked pancetta with a slotted spoon and save.
- Raise heat to high and transfer meat to the pot. Season with salt. Cook and stir until liquid releases from beef and begins to evaporate, and meat browns, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-high. Add celery, carrots, reserved cooked pancetta, salt and pepper. Cook and stir about 5 minutes. Add a heaping tablespoon of tomato paste, bay leaf, and white wine. Cook and stir, scraping up the brownings from the bottom of the pan, 2 to 3 minutes. Add sliced onions. Reduce heat to medium. Cover pot and cook 30 minutes without stirring. After 30 minutes, stir onions and meat until well mixed. Cover again, and cook another 30 minutes. Stir.
- Reduce heat to low and cook uncovered 8 to 10 hours, stirring occasionally. Skim off fat as mixture cooks. If sauce seems to reduce too much, add water or broth as needed to maintain a sauce-like consistency. Cook until beef and onions seem to melt into each other.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook rigatoni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until just barely al dente, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain.
- Add rigatoni to the sauce and cook until heated through. Serve topped with a pinch of marjoram and freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 891.2 calories, Carbohydrate 116.8 g, Cholesterol 79.9 mg, Fat 29.5 g, Fiber 10.1 g, Protein 38.9 g, SaturatedFat 10.3 g, Sodium 1022.2 mg, Sugar 19.2 g
RIGATONI AL SEGRETO (RIGATONI WITH SECRET SAUCE)
This Rigatoni al Segreto recipe was the most closely guarded secret at Gino's, one of New York City's most famous Italian restaurants. When it closed, the recipe got out. But I think the amount of butter was way too low. So here's my version.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat olive oil in saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions, salt. Cook until no longer white and starting to turn translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic; cook about 1 minute. Add chili flakes and blended tomato sauce. Bring to a simmer; adjust heat to medium to medium-low. Simmer gently, stirring occasionally, for 45 to 60 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook rigatoni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes (5 minutes from doneness).
- Add about 2/3 of the basil to the sauce. Stir in butter. When butter melts, add cheese in 3 increments.
- Drain pasta; transfer to sauce. Stir until rigatoni are evenly coated with sauce. Serve sprinkled with the remaining basil and a dusting of grated cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 595.9 calories, Carbohydrate 57.9 g, Cholesterol 48.1 mg, Fat 33 g, Fiber 4.5 g, Protein 17.7 g, SaturatedFat 12.9 g, Sodium 1431.4 mg, Sugar 3.8 g
More about "rigatoni alla casalinga recipes"
RIGATONI ALL'AMATRICIANA - IN EMILY'S KITCHEN
RIGATONI ALLA BUTTERA: COWBOY-STYLE RIGATONI - THE TASTE EDIT
RECIPE RIGATONI 'ALLA NORMA' - DORCHESTER COLLECTION
TUTTO ITALIA RISTORANTE’S RIGATONI BOLOGNESE COPYCAT RECIPE
RATATOUILLE RIGATONI | RICARDO
RIGATONI ALLA PANNA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ROMAN-STYLE RIGATONI ALLA GRICIA RECIPE - FOOD REPUBLIC
RIGATONI ALLA PIZZAIOLA - COOKING WITH NONNA
RIGATONI ALLA SILANA | TRADITIONAL PASTA FROM CALABRIA, ITALY
RIGATONI ALLA NORMA - LIDIA
RIGATONI PASTA ALLA NORMA, A SICILIAN CLASSIC - THE PASTA …
RIGATONI ALLA NORMA RECIPE | DRIZZLE AND DIP
RIGATONI ALLA GRICIA RECIPE | PEOPLE.COM
RIGATONI ALL’AMATRICIANA | MUTTI
BEST RIGATONI ALLA MATRICIANA RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
PASTA ALLA ZOZZONA (RIGATONI WITH SAUSAGE, GUANCIALE, AND EGG …
PASTA ALLA CASALINGA - BOSSKITCHEN.COM
RIGATONI ALL' AMATRICIANA - 2 SISTERS RECIPES BY ANNA AND LIZ
RIGATONI ALLA VODKA | RICARDO
RIGATONI ALLA PANNA RECIPE - MARCIA KIESEL | FOOD & WINE
RIGATONI: ALL BEST IDEAS FOR EVERY TASTE - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
RIGATONI ALLA CAPRESE - COOKING WITH NONNA
RIGATONI ALL'AMATRICIANA - SEARCHING FOR ITALY RECIPE - PASTA.COM
RIGATONI ALLA CARBONARA – THE PASTA QUEEN
RIGATONI - GIALLOZAFFERANO ITALIAN RECIPES
RIGATONI ALL'AMATRICIANA RECIPE | GOURMET TRAVELLER
SAUSAGE RIGATONI ALLA ZOZZONA. – THE PASTA PROJECT
RIGATONI ALLA CARBONARA - CREATIVE LIFE OF A GLAM WIFE
RIGATONI ALLA BOSCAIOLA (WOODSMAN-STYLE RIGATONI) — …
RIGATONI AMATRICIANA RECIPE | EATINGWELL
RIGATONI CAMPAGNOLO - ITALIAN FOOD FOREVER
RIGATONI ALLA GRECIA | THE CITY COOK, INC.
RIGATONI ALL'AMATRICIANA RECIPE - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
RIGATONI WITH NEAPOLITAN RAGù RECIPE - GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS
RIGATONI ALL'AMATRICIANA RECIPE - MARIO BATALI | FOOD & WINE
FEMALE FOODIE | LIFE'S TOO SHORT TO EAT BAD FOOD
BAKED RIGATONI - THE SEASONED MOM
RIGATONI ALLA CAPRESE - EVERYBODYLOVESITALIAN.COM
RECIPE: RIGATONI ALLA BOLOGNESE | VANCOUVER SUN
You'll also love