CHEESE, HAM & PEA RISOTTO
A simple and hearty weeknight risotto the whole family will love - the stock is added in one go and stirring kept to a minimum so you can multi-task
Provided by Katy Greenwood
Categories Dinner, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole dish and cook the onion for 5 mins over a medium heat to soften. Stir in the garlic and the risotto rice, and cook for another 30 secs-1 min. Pour in the stock and bring to the boil, then cover and cook for about 15 mins on a medium heat, stirring every so often. The rice should be almost done.
- Add the peas, ham, mustard and cheeses to the pan, and cook for another few mins until the rice is just right and the cheese melted. Season and serve topped with a handful of the pea shoots and a little extra cheese, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 599 calories, Fat 22 grams fat, SaturatedFat 11 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 72 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 8 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 25 grams protein, Sodium 2.6 milligram of sodium
HAM, PEA AND PARMESAN RISOTTO
Very tasty and fresh risotto recipe for kids and adults, a great "comfort food" dish but nice enough for a dinner party. My 18 month old loves it! The addition of the lemon zest keeps it light instead of stodgy, so don't skip it! You can substitute a splash of lemon juice if you have no fresh lemons on hand. Ham can also be substited for bacon, canadian bacon, or my personal fav, cubed pancetta. You can also add a clove of chopped or minced garlic in with the onion step, but I find there are enough flavors going on it doesnt really need it.
Provided by JockysGirl
Yield 8 as a side or appetizer, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 1. Sautee onion in butter until translucent but not brown.
- 2. Add pancetta if uncooked halfway through onion cooking (if using cooked ham or pancetta, you will add near the end).
- 3. After pancetta is cooked, add rice and stir constantly until it soaks up the butter and pancetta drippings (about 30 seconds).
- 4. Add white wine and let rice absorb until only a small amount of liquid is left.
- 5. Add chicken stock about 100-200 ml at a time. Give the rice a stir and wait for it to absorb almost all the liquid before adding more. Keep stock warm if possible.
- 6. As you add the last batch of chicken stock, add peas and let them heat in the liquid as it cooks off. If you are using cooked ham, add it now too.
- 7. Once rice has absorbed all the liquid, add parmesan cheese and fold inches I like to add enough cheese that when you stir it, you can see the melted cheese stretch between the rice.
- 8. Finish with lemon zest and stir in gently.
- 9. Serve with crusty bread and salad.
RISOTTO WITH PESTO AND PEAS
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Make the broth: Bring 6 cups water and 1 teaspoon salt to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the leeks and cook until tender, 3 to 4 minutes; remove with a slotted spoon to a bowl. Adjust the heat to keep the broth at a gentle simmer.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon butter in a wide saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the rice and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add the wine and cook, stirring, until almost evaporated, about 1 more minute.
- Add 2 cups of the hot leek broth to the rice; cook, stirring occasionally, until almost absorbed, about 6 minutes (adjust the heat to keep the risotto at a simmer). Add 1 more cup broth and cook, stirring, until almost absorbed, about 5 more minutes. Add the leeks, peas and 1 more cup broth and cook, stirring, until almost absorbed, about 5 more minutes. Taste the rice: If it is not fully cooked, add a little more broth and continue to cook, stirring, until al dente.
- Stir in the ham and remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Remove from the heat; stir in 2/3 cup pesto, the mozzarella and Parmesan. Season with salt. Divide among bowls and top with the remaining pesto.
LEMON RISOTTO WITH PEAS
Lemon adds a refreshing taste to this lovely risotto dish that's perfect for spring. Sue Dannahower of Fort Pierce, Florida sent us this easy side that's festively sprinkled with baby peas.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a small saucepan, heat broth and keep warm. In a large nonstick skillet, saute shallots in butter for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add the rice, thyme and pepper; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Stir in wine and lemon juice. Cook and stir until all of the liquid is absorbed. , Stir in heated broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow liquid to absorb between additions. Cook just until risotto is creamy and rice is almost tender. Total cooking time is about 20 minutes. Add the peas, cheese and lemon zest; cook and stir until heated through. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 207 calories, Fat 3g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 8mg cholesterol, Sodium 440mg sodium, Carbohydrate 35g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
EASY RISOTTO WITH BACON & PEAS
Not one for risotto purists - this simple recipe has just a few ingredients and the stock is added all in one go.
Provided by Mary Cadogan
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Finely chop 1 onion. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil and a knob of butter in a pan, add the onions and fry until lightly browned (about 7 minutes).
- Add 6 chopped rashers streaky bacon and fry for a further 5 minutes, until it starts to crisp.
- Add 300g risotto rice and 1l hot vegetable stock, and bring to the boil. Stir well, then reduce the heat and cook, covered, for 15-20 minutes until the rice is almost tender.
- Stir in 100g frozen peas, add a little salt and pepper and cook for a further 3 minutes, until the peas are cooked.
- Serve sprinkled with freshly grated parmesan and freshly ground black pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 396 calories, Fat 11 grams fat, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 64 grams carbohydrates, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 14 grams protein, Sodium 1.88 milligram of sodium
CHICKEN RISOTTO WITH PEAS AND PARMA HAM
A new risotto I made last night. It's a classic recipe, but I didn't follow a book as I wanted to experiment with it. Came out rather nice, even if I do say so myself! Use any cured ham if you prefer - Serrano or Prosciutto would be equally good. I prefer to use the super-fine sheets, because they crisp up nicely.
Provided by Snowbunny Andorra
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat the butter and half the oil in a large pan. Add the chicken and heat until just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, put the stock and water in a pan and bring to a simmer with the lid on.
- Remove the chicken and set aside, then add the remaining oil to the pan. Cook the onion and garlic over a low-medium heat until soft, then add the rice to the pan.
- Heat for a few minutes, stirring until the rice is coated in the oil.
- Add the wine and cook until it has all been absorbed, then add a ladle of the stock/water. Stir until it has all been absorbed and repeat until the rice is cooked to your liking (you may not need all the stock mix).
- Meanwhile, heat a dry frying pan and add the sheets of ham. Cook, turning occasionally, until nicely crisp, then cut roughly.
- Add in the peas and chicken and stir until heated through.
- Mix in the sage, most of the parmesan and about half of the ham.
- Season to taste then serve, topping each individual serving with a little of the reserved parmesan and crispy ham.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 826.8, Fat 30, SaturatedFat 10.5, Cholesterol 78.8, Sodium 471.5, Carbohydrate 98.2, Fiber 5.7, Sugar 7.6, Protein 29.7
More about "risotto with peas and ham recipes"
CROCK POT HAM AND PEA RISOTTO RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
3.8/5 (22)Total Time 2 hrs 15 minsCategory Dinner, EntreeCalories 221 per serving
HAM AND PEA RISOTTO - JAMES MARTIN CHEF
PEA RISOTTO RECIPE - RAYMOND BLANC OBE
PEA AND HAM RISOTTO RECIPE | OLIVEMAGAZINE
HAM, PEA AND PARMESAN RISOTTO RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
MICROWAVE RISOTTO WITH HAM, PEAS AND CHEESE RECIPE
BAKED RISOTTO WITH HAM | LINDA'S BEST RECIPES
PEA RISOTTO WITH CRISPY HAM - DOCUMENTING MY DINNER
ITALIAN PEA AND HAM RISOTTO RECIPE - COOKITSIMPLY.COM
Cuisine ItalianCategory Rice RecipesServings 4Calories 574 per serving
MICROWAVE RISOTTO WITH HAM, PEAS AND CHEESE RECIPE
RISOTTO WITH HAM AND PEAS - BIGOVEN.COM
RISOTTO WITH PEAS AND HAM | RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK RECIPES, RISOTTO ...
HAM, PEA, LEEK AND TARRAGON RISOTTO | COOK WITH M&S
RISOTTO WITH SPRING PEAS, HAM & FONTINA | ITALIAN FOOD FOREVER
RISOTTO WITH PEAS AND HAM – RECIPES NETWORK
RISOTTO WITH HAM AND PEAS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
MUSHROOM PEA RISOTTO | CLASSIC ITALIAN DISH
HAM NOODLES AND PEAS RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
RISOTTO WITH FETA, HAM, PEAS AND CARROTS - THYME FOR COOKING
MICROWAVE PEA AND HAM RISOTTO RECIPE - THE TELEGRAPH
RISOTTO RECIPE WITH HAM, PEAS, FETA AND TARRAGON - UMAMI GIRL
ITALIAN EASY: RISOTTO WITH SPRING PEAS, HAM, AND FONTINA
RISOTTO WITH SPRING PEAS, HAM, AND FONTINA CHEESE RECIPE
RISOTTO WITH HAM AND SNAP PEAS RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
HAM RISOTTO WITH SUGAR SNAP PEAS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
HAM, PEA AND PARMESAN RISOTTO RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PEA AND BACON RISOTTO - SUSTAINABLE COOKS
OVEN-BAKED RISOTTO WITH HAM, LEEKS, AND PEAS | SOUTHERN LIVING
PEA AND HAM RISOTTO RECIPE - MY HOME SELECTION
RECIPES | PAMPERED CHEF US SITE
HAM, PEA AND ONION RISOTTO • FAMILY AROUND THE TABLE
EASY RISOTTO WITH HAM RECIPE - PERFECTLY YUMMYLICIOUS!
RICE WITH PARMA HAM AND PEAS - THE REAL ITALIAN FOOD
RISOTTO WITH PEAS AND HAM - 27 WAYS TO COOK WITH RICE
SUGAR SNAP PEA AND HAM RISOTTO - MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
PEA, ASPARAGUS & HAM RISOTTO RECIPE TO MAKE TONIGHT
PEA AND HAM CREAM CHEESE RISOTTO | ASDA GOOD LIVING
HAM & PARMESAN RISOTTO (INSTANT POT OR STOVE TOP)
You'll also love