ORANGE HERB ROASTED CHICKEN
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Pour the chicken broth into a small roasting pan, and set aside.
- Loosen the skin from the breasts and thighs of the chicken. Stuff the butter pieces evenly underneath the skin of the chicken, and place into the roasting pan. Squeeze the orange halves over the chicken, and stuff the orange halves into the chicken cavity. Tie the legs together with kitchen twine. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper to taste, then rub in the minced garlic. Drizzle the melted butter all over the chicken, then lay the herb sprigs onto the breast and around the legs.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil, and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Uncover and baste the chicken with the pan juices. Continue cooking until the chicken is no longer pink, or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh reads 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), 1 to 2 hours. Baste the chicken every 10 to 15 minutes after you uncover it. Once cooked, allow the chicken to rest out of the oven for 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 705 calories, Carbohydrate 8.8 g, Cholesterol 263.4 mg, Fat 53.5 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 46.7 g, SaturatedFat 25.8 g, Sodium 379.5 mg
LEMON-GINGER CHICKEN WITH ROASTED ROOT VEGETABLES
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Whisk first 6 ingredients in small bowl. Rinse chickens inside and out; pat dry. Rub oil mixture in cavities and over outside of chickens. Tie legs together with string to hold shape. Tuck wing tips under. Place chickens on rack set in large roasting pan. Roast chickens until juices run clear when thigh is pierced or until thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh registers 180°F, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Transfer chickens to platter. Pour pan juices into medium bowl; spoon off fat and discard. Drizzle juices over chickens. Surround chickens with Roasted Root Vegetables. Sprinkle vegetables with parsley.
ROAST CHICKEN WITH ORANGE, LEMON & GINGER
Ginger arrived in Italy with Arabic traders or North African Jewish immigrants, so it's likely that this is a Sicilian or Livornese recipe. From "Cucina Ebraica" by Joyce Goldstein.
Provided by Chef Kate
Categories Whole Chicken
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat an oven to 400°F
- Cut the lemon into quarters.
- Rub the outside of the chicken with one of the lemon quarters then discard.
- In a small bowl, stir together the lemon and orange zests and 1 tablespoon of the grated ginger.
- Rub this mixture evenly in the cavity and put the lemon and orange quarters inside the bird.
- Place the chicken on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
- In the now-empty small bowl, combine the melted olive oil, lemon and orange juices, honey, and the remaining 2 tablespoons ginger and mix well.
- Place the chicken in the oven on its side and roast about ten minutes; turn on its other side and roast ten minutes more.
- Turn oven down to 350°F and turn chicken so it is roasting breast side up and roast till done--about another 40 minutesuntil the juices run clear when the thigh is pierced with a knife, about 1 hour.
- Baste with the citrus juice mixture at least 4 times during cooking.
- Transfer to a serving platter and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Variation: Use 4 tablespoons pomegranate juice in place of the lemon juice.
SEPHARDIC ROAST CHICKEN WITH ORANGE, LEMON, AND GINGER
"Ginger adds a distinctive flavor to this roast chicken. The history of ginger in Jewish cooking began when it arrived in Italy with Sephardic Jewish emigrants from North Africa around 200 B.C." From a Shop Rite calendar for Passover. I would season chicken with garlic powder as well as salt and pepper but the recipe doesn't call for garlic.
Provided by Oolala
Categories Whole Chicken
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Grate zest from 1 orange and from only 1 of the lemons and reserve it.
- Cut the zested lemon into quarters and rub the outside of the chicken with the lemon quarters and discard them.
- Cut the zested orange into quarters and also cut the other lemon into quarters and reserve them.
- In a small bowl, stir together lemon and orange zests and 1 tablespoons of the grated ginger and rub this mixture evenly inside cavity of the chicken.
- Put the orange and remaining lemon quarters inside body and neck of the chicken and season chicken all over with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken on a rack set in a shallow roasting pan.
- In a small bowl stir together margarine or oil, citrus juices, honey, and remaining 2 tablespoons of grated ginger.
- Place chicken on the middle rack of the oven and roast for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until a meat thermometer inserted in the fleshy part of thigh registers 170 degrees F. and juices run clear.
- Baste with the citrus juice mixture at least 4 times during roasting.
- *If chicken is browning too quickly, tent with foil.
- Transfer to a platter and let rest for 10-15 minutes before carving chicken.
- Garnish with orange sections.
ROAST CHICKEN WITH ORANGE, LEMON, AND GINGER
- Preheat an oven to 350ºF.
- Cut the lemon into quarters. Rub the outside of the chicken with one of the lemon quarters, then discard. In a small bowl, stir together the lemon and orange zests and 1 tablespoon of the grated ginger. Rub this mixture evenly in the cavity. Put the lemon and orange quarters inside the bird. Place the chicken on a rack in a roasting pan. Sprinkle it with salt and pepper. In the now-empty small bowl, combine the melted margarine or olive oil, lemon and orange juices, honey, and the remaining 2 tablespoons ginger. Mix well.
- Place the chicken in the oven and roast, basting with the citrus juice mixture at least 4 times during cooking, until the juices run clear when the thigh is pierced with a knife, about 1 hour.
- Transfer to a serving platter and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes. Carve the chicken. Garnish with orange sections.
- Variation: Use 4 tablespoons pomegranate juice in place of the lemon juice.
More about "roast chicken with orange lemon and ginger recipes"
CITRUS-AND-GINGER-ROASTED CHICKEN RECIPE - ANN WITHEY ...
4/5 Total Time 1 hr 50 minsServings 4
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Finely grate the zest of 1 lemon and 1 orange. Quarter the zested lemon and orange. Set the chicken on a rack in a roasting pan. In a small bowl, combine the citrus zests with 1 tablespoon of the ginger. Generously season the cavity of the chicken with salt and pepper and all of the zest mixture. Stuff as many lemon and orange quarters inside the chicken as will fit.
- Juice the remaining 2 lemons and 1 orange. In a small bowl, mix the citrus juice with the remaining 2 tablespoons of ginger, the olive oil and the honey. Brush the chicken with the juice mixture and roast, basting with the juice every 20 minutes, for 1 1/4 hours, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of a thigh registers 165°. If the skin browns too quickly, cover the chicken with foil.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and let rest for 15 minutes. Pour the pan juices into a glass measuring cup and skim off the fat. Remove the chicken skin and discard, carve the meat and transfer to plates. Serve with the pan juices.
ROASTED CHICKEN WITH WHOLE LEMON AND GINGER
4/5 (1)Category Main DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 45 mins
ROAST CHICKEN WITH GINGER MAYONNAISE - LOVEFOOD.COM
ROASTED CHICKENS WITH LEMON AND ORANGE RECIPE - …
5/5 Total Time 1 hr 30 minsServings 8
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Season the chickens all over with salt and pepper. Stuff each chicken with a lemon and orange half, 2 garlic cloves and 2 sprigs each of rosemary and thyme. Tie the legs together with kitchen string. Set the chickens in a large roasting pan and tuck the remaining garlic cloves and rosemary and thyme sprigs between the legs.
- Roast the chickens for about 1 1/4 hours, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of a thigh registers 165°. Let the chickens rest for 10 minutes before carving.
CITRUS ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE | GARLIC LEMON ROAST CHICKEN
Reviews 1Servings 4Cuisine AmericanCategory Dinner
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Remove the giblets from the cavity and throw away. Remove any other packing materials. Rise the chicken in cold water - both outside and inside the cavity. Pat dry with a paper towel. Generously season the inside of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Slice one lemon and one orange in half, and squeeze the juice from one half of the lemon and one half of the orange. Remove any seeds and pour into a small bowl. Stir in the olive oil, finely chopped garlic, half of the oregano, and half of the basil. You will use this mixture to baste the chicken.
- Loosely chop the remaining lemon and orange. Stuff the chicken with the loosely chopped garlic and the chopped lemon and orange. Tie the chicken legs together to help hold the citrus in place. You can use butchers twine, or you can fold up aluminum foil and wrap it around the legs and twist together.
- Place the chicken breast side up on a roasting pan. In a small bowl, stir together the butter and the remaining oregano and basil. Rub the seasoned butter all over the chicken and then sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Brush some of the lemon and orange juice mixture over the chicken. Once the oven is preheated, place the chicken on a middle rack.
ORANGE GINGER GRILLED CHICKEN - THE ROASTED ROOT
4.2/5 (6)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 252 per serving
- Add all ingredients for the marinade to a blender and blend until completely smooth. Place the chicken thighs in a sealable bag or container. Pour the marinade over the chicken, seal the bag and wriggle it around to ensure all of the thighs are well-coated in marinade. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes, up to 24 hours.
- When you’re ready to cook, fire up the grill! If your grill has a temperature gauge, set it to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken on the grill skin side down, cover, and cook 10 minutes. Flip and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Increase the grill heat to 400 degrees F. Cook another 5 minutes per side, or until the skin is charred and crispy and the chicken is cooked through (chicken is cooked when it reaches 165 degrees F).
EATALY CLASS: SICILIAN ROASTED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH ORANGE ...
Category MeatTotal Time 1 hrEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
- In a small bowl, combine lemon and orange zest, 1 tablespoon grated ginger, and garlic. Stuff the citrus/ginger mixture between the chicken skin and meat on each thigh. Salt and pepper the outside of the chicken.
- To make the marinade, whisk together the olive oil, lemon and orange juice and honey in a small bowl.
- In a hot, oven-proof skillet large enough to hold all the chicken in a single layer, place the chicken thighs skin down and cook over medium high heat until golden. Turn and brown the other side. Remove the chicken from the pan. Line the pan with the lemon and orange slices. Return the chicken to the pan on the bed of citrus. The citrus slices will be used as garnish at the end. Brush a little marinade over the chicken.
- Place the skillet in a preheated oven at 350 degrees. Baste with the citrus marinade every 15 minutes. Cook the chicken until the juices run clear when the meat is pierced with a knife, approximately 45 minutes.
ROASTED ORANGE CHICKEN - WHOLE KITCHEN SINK
Servings 4Total Time 1 hr 45 minsEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
ROASTED LEMON AND GINGER CHICKEN - FOOD WINE AND LOVE
Cuisine MediterraneanTotal Time 1 hr 45 minsCategory ChickenCalories 332 per serving
- Preheat your oven to 425 and prepare a roasting pan with a rack if desired as it will make your life a lot easier when you remove the chicken from the pan. I also like to use parchment paper on my pan for an easier clean up.
- If you have not already done this, remove the giblets and prep your chicken as indicated above (rinse etc).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the grated ginger, lemon juice, olive oil and desired seasonings. Then brush this mixture over the chicken. Some folks like to also apply some under the skin and also inside of the chicken.
ROAST CHICKEN WITH ORANGE & GINGER RECIPE | DRIZZLE AND DIP
Reviews 10Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Make the stock and then add the orange juice, zest, garlic and ginger and mix. Pour this over and into the cavity of the chicken. Season the bird well with salt and white pepper and place in a smallish roasting tin with sides (it should fit fairly snugly) and roast for 45 minutes.
- Toss the orange wedges in olive oil, some salt and pepper and place in a single layer on a baking tray. Sprinkle over a little ground ginger and brown sugar.
- At 45 minutes, remove the chicken from the oven and baste it with the juices and then return it to roast with the tray of oranges for a further 45 minutes and until it’s golden brown all over. You may need to give it another baste. You may also need to loosely cover the bird with a piece of foil if it is over-browning. This will all depend on your oven.
ROAST CHICKEN WITH CARAMELISED ORANGE AND GINGER RECIPE
Is Accessible For Free TrueEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
ROAST CHICKEN WITH LEMON, GARLIC AND GINGER – COOKING 4 ...
Cuisine InternationalCategory Meat DishesServings 4
RECIPE: ORANGE GINGER ROASTED CHICKEN - THE ATLANTIC
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
GINGER CITRUS ROAST CHICKEN | PALEO LEAP
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
WEIGHT WATCHERS ORANGE CHICKEN RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ...
ORANGE CHICKEN USING MARMALADE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
ROAST CHICKEN WITH ORANGE, LEMON & GINGER RECIPE
LEMON ORANGE ROASTED CHICKEN - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
ROAST CHICKEN WITH ORANGE LEMON AND GINGER RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make lemon and ginger roasted chicken?Finely grate the zest of 1 lemon and 1 orange. Quarter the zested lemon and orange. Set the chicken on a rack in a roasting pan. In a small bowl, combine the citrus zests with 1 tablespoon of the ginger. Generously season the cavity of the chicken with salt and pepper and all of the zest mixture.
How long to Cook Ginger and olive oil chicken?Mix the olive oil, ground ginger and paprika together with salt and pepper, and brush over the chicken skin. Put the lemon in the cavity of the chicken and place the bird in a roasting tin. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes per kilogram (2.2 pounds), plus 20 minutes (about 1.5 hours in total) until the chicken is cooked through.
How to cook lemon and orange chicken in oven?Preheat the oven to 425°. Season the chickens all over with salt and pepper. Stuff each chicken with a lemon and orange half, 2 garlic cloves and 2 sprigs each of rosemary and thyme. Tie the legs together with kitchen string.
What's the best way to roast an orange herb chicken?Tie the legs together with kitchen twine. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper to taste, then rub in the minced garlic. Drizzle the melted butter all over the chicken, then lay the herb sprigs onto the breast and around the legs.