MAPLE-ROASTED CARROT SALAD
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Trim and scrub the carrots. If the carrots are more than 1 inch in diameter, cut them in half lengthwise. Cut the carrots in large diagonal slices 1 inch wide × 2 inches long (they will shrink when they roast) and place in a medium bowl with 1/4 cup of olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Toss well and transfer to two sheet pans. (If you use just one, they¿ll steam instead of roasting.) Roast for 20 minutes, tossing once, until the carrots are tender. Transfer all the carrots to one of the sheet pans, add the maple syrup, toss, and roast for 10 to 15 minutes, until the edges are caramelized. Watch them carefully! Toss with a metal spatula and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cranberries and orange juice in a small saucepan, bring to a simmer, then set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Whisk in 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Place the arugula in a large bowl and add the carrots, cranberries (with their liquid), goat cheese, almonds, and the vinaigrette. Toss with large spoons, sprinkle with salt, and serve at room temperature.
ROASTED CARROT SALAD
Inspired by an incredibly popular salad sold in a local award winning market here in Woodstock, VT. Since they don't give out the recipe, I had to figure it out on my own. But I (and others) believe that my version is infinitely better, and I'm sure you will agree. This light, fresh and healthy salad is perfect for summer days and presents well for BBQ's, potlucks, and dinner parties alike and it is guaranteed to impress and get rave reviews every time.
Provided by Morgan
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Combine the carrots, almonds, and garlic in a mixing bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Spread out onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake the carrots in the preheated oven until soft and the edges turn brown, about 30 minutes. Remove and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once cool, return the carrots to the mixing bowl, and drizzle with honey and vinegar; toss until coated. Add the cranberries and blue cheese; toss again until evenly mixed. Combine with the arugula and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 294.6 calories, Carbohydrate 23.8 g, Cholesterol 14.1 mg, Fat 19.7 g, Fiber 5.5 g, Protein 7.6 g, SaturatedFat 5.2 g, Sodium 370.3 mg, Sugar 13.1 g
ROASTED CARROT SALAD
Found online; posting for safe keeping...Mix in arugula as needed per serving, as it will become wilted if allowed to sit in the carrot mixture too long. (Time it takes for carrots to cool to room temperature not included in prep/cook times)
Provided by AZPARZYCH
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Combine the carrots, almonds, and garlic in a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle with the olive oil, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread out onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake the carrots in the preheated oven until soft and the edges turn brown, about 30 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once cool, return the carrots to the mixing bowl, and drizzle with honey and vinegar; toss until coated.
- Add the cranberries and blue cheese; toss again until evenly mixed. Combine with the arugula and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 269.9, Fat 19.3, SaturatedFat 5.2, Cholesterol 14.2, Sodium 371.1, Carbohydrate 19.1, Fiber 5.7, Sugar 8.9, Protein 7.6
THE WHOLE CARROT SALAD
Here is a salad I have been making for a few years. I love having raw and roasted versions of the same vegetable together in a dish and wanted to make the humble carrot stand out by utilizing the green carrot tops. Carrot tops are bitter, but by blanching them, you can coax out a more mellow flavor. Swirling with Greek yogurt really rounds out the dish. I make this with Lebanese spices, crunchy seeds and the refreshing surprise of orange blossom vinaigrette. The whole salad is a hearty and gorgeous wild ride for your mouth.
Provided by Next Iron Chef All Star: Elizabeth Falkner
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 34
- For the carrots and lentils: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice half the carrots into thin slices with a mandoline. Reserve in cold water and keep refrigerated.
- Cut the remaining carrots into bite-size pieces or halve them lengthwise and toss with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil along with the cumin, coriander and fennel seeds, 1/4 teaspoon each of the Aleppo Urfa chile, 1 teaspoon salt and a little black pepper. Transfer to a baking sheet and cover. Roast for 20 minutes. Remove the lid and continue to roast until browned, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Cook the red onion with the remaining tablespoon olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the lentils, thyme sprigs and 2 cups water. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes on a simmer, adding more water as necessary. Season with freshly ground pepper, the remaining teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon each Aleppo and Urfa chile. Set aside.
- For the seeds: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Toss the pumpkin and sunflower seeds together with the olive oil on a baking sheet and toast them, raking every 5 minutes, for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Dry roast the sesame seeds either in the oven or on the stovetop until toasted. Add the cumin and fennel seeds and toss to combine. Turn off the heat.
- Mix all the seeds together with the Aleppo and Urfa and a little salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- For the pesto and yogurt: Blanch the carrot top leaves, garlic and parsley in boiling water until brightened in color, about 1 minute. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Combine the blanched carrot tops, garlic and parsley with the olive oil, a pinch of salt and 1/2 cup reserved toasted seeds in a blender. Swirl the pesto with the Greek yogurt and set aside until ready to use.
- For the vinaigrette: Add the olive oil, sherry vinegar, honey, orange flower water if using, salt, pepper to taste and tangerine juice and zest. Blend until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- For serving: Drain the raw carrots well and toss with about a third of the vinaigrette in a bowl and set aside. Toss the roasted carrots with about another third of the vinaigrette. Toss the lentils with the remaining third of the vinaigrette.
- Set a large spoonful of the lentils in the bottom of a large serving bowl. Set a large spoonful of the pesto-yogurt mixture on one side. Pile the roasted carrots over the rest of the lentils. Top the roasted carrots with the dressed raw carrots. Sprinkle more of the roasted seeds on top and serve. Repeat to make more bowls.
ROASTED CARROT NICOISE
A healthy, easy, and super simple dinner, this vegetarian take on the classic Niçoise salad keeps the green beans, cherry tomatoes, olives, capers, and perfect hard-cooked egg but swaps the standard tuna for roasted carrots. It also makes a great office lunch to prep ahead on Sunday and enjoy throughout the week.
Provided by Shira Bocar
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 400°F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss carrots with 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast, flipping once, until caramelized, about 25 minutes. Add capers to sheet, toss, and roast until capers just burst, about 5 minutes more.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook beans in batches until just tender, about 3 minutes; transfer to a plate. Add eggs to pot and boil 6 minutes; transfer to an ice bath, then peel and halve. Whisk together vinegar and mustard, then whisk in remaining 1/4 cup oil in a steady stream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Season romaine with salt and pepper; toss with three-quarters of dressing. Divide among 4 bowls; top with carrots, eggs, beans, tomatoes, and olives. Serve, drizzled with more dressing.
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER SALAD RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: cauliflower, large carrots, ground cumin, paprika, kosher salt, black pepper, olive oil, medium red onion, fresh italian parsley, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, water, olive oil, kosher salt, pepper
Provided by Kiano Moju
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, carrots, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper and olive oil. Toss until well-coated.
- Spread the vegetables on the baking sheet in a single layer and roast for 20-25 minutes, until the carrots are tender.
- Make the dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together the tahini, garlic, lemon juice, and water. While whisking, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until the dressing is emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the onion and parsley. Add the roasted cauliflower and carrots, and toss well.
- Drizzle the salad with the dressing, then serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 305 calories, Carbohydrate 17 grams, Fat 25 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 6 grams, Sugar 5 grams
LUDO LEFEBVRE'S ROASTED-CARROT SALAD
At Petit Trois, the tiny restaurant in Los Angeles where the chef Ludo Lefebvre serves bistro classics to the film industry and food-obsessed, this salad serves as an appetizer. But it works just as well spread across a platter as a light dinner or lunch, and pairs well with a fresh baguette and a glass of chilled red wine. Toasting the cumin for the carrots and the crème fraîche is very important, but don't worry if you can't find all the herbs for the garnish. Just one or two will bring pleasure.
Provided by Sam Sifton
Categories dinner, lunch, main course, side dish
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 24
- Preheat oven to 400. Toast the cumin for both the carrots and the crème fraîche in a small pan set over medium heat until it becomes aromatic. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Place carrots, bay leaf, split head of garlic, thyme and olive oil into a bowl, and mix them together. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon cumin over the carrots, and mix again.
- Tip the carrot mixture onto a sheet pan, and spread evenly into one layer, then season with salt and pepper and place in oven. Roast until the carrots are soft and beginning to caramelize, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Remove carrots from oven, discard aromatics and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette. Combine blood-orange juice, vinegar, sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl, and whisk to incorporate. Slowly add the olive oil while continuing to whisk, until the dressing is emulsified. Add the carrots to the bowl, and toss to combine.
- Make the cumin crème fraîche. Combine the crème fraîche, lemon juice and remaining toasted cumin in a mixing bowl, and stir to combine. Thin the mixture slightly with a few tablespoons of water. Add a pinch of salt.
- Assemble the salad on a large serving plate. Put the crème fraîche in the center of the plate, and using the back of a spoon, spread it evenly across the bottom. Arrange the carrots on top of the crème fraîche. Sprinkle the onion and the nuts on top of the carrots, then add the supremes of blood orange. Sprinkle the herbs across the top of the salad, and finish with a pinch or two of salt. Make a mess when serving, so that everyone gets plenty of crème fraîche along with the vegetables.
ROASTED BEET AND CARROT SALAD
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss beets and carrots with 1 1/2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast until tender, 25 to 30 minutes, tossing halfway through. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, vinegar, tarragon, and 1 1/2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, toss endives with half the dressing, then transfer to a serving platter. Toss beets and carrots with remaining dressing and add to platter. Top with goat cheese and pecans before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 378 g, Fat 23 g, Fiber 12 g, Protein 12 g, SaturatedFat 6 g
WARM ROASTED CARROT AND BARLEY SALAD
There is something very exciting about transforming a simple bunch of carrots into a deeply flavorful and satisfying weeknight meal. Carrots are given a lot of love here: Leaving the skin on adds texture, slicing them into thin batons ensures that they cook quickly and evenly, and drizzling them with honey right out of the oven amplifies their natural sweetness. A sprinkle of lemon zest adds brightness. Ras el hanout, a North African spice blend, means "head of the shop" in Arabic as it was often one of the best mixes a vendor had to offer. Its fragrant blend of coriander, cumin, ginger, clove and turmeric brings warmth and richness to the tahini. The perfect chew of pearl barley is so gratifying in this dish, but for even more flavor, cook your barley in stock.
Provided by Hetty McKinnon
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat oven to 425 degrees and place a rack on the lowest shelf. In a medium saucepan, combine barley with 4 cups water; season with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until tender, about 20 to 25 minutes. If the barley hasn't absorbed all of the water, drain off the excess.
- Meanwhile, place the carrots on a sheet pan, drizzle with the olive oil and toss to coat, spreading into an even layer. Season with salt and pepper. Place on the bottom oven rack and roast until tender and starting to turn golden, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, toss and return to the oven for 5 to 7 minutes until completely tender.
- While the carrots roast, make the dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together the tahini, lemon juice, ras el hanout, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add 3 to 4 tablespoons water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until it is smooth and has a pourable consistency.
- When the carrots are ready, remove them from the oven, drizzle with honey and sprinkle with lemon zest. Season with a pinch of salt and toss to coat.
- In a serving bowl, combine the carrots with the barley, arugula and parsley. Drizzle with the spiced tahini and sprinkle with almonds.
ROASTED CARROT, ROCKET & LENTIL SALAD
A vibrant and substantial salad for two that's rich in calcium, fibre and 4 of your 5-a-day. With toasted cumin, honey and mustard it's rich in flavour too!
Provided by Sophie Godwin - Cookery writer
Categories Lunch, Side dish, Starter
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6. Toss the carrots in 1 tbsp oil, the cumin seeds and some seasoning. Spread out on a baking tray and roast for 30-35 mins until soft and charred around the edges.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the remaining oil, the lemon zest and juice, honey and mustard. Once the carrots are cooked, stir through all the remaining ingredients, then toss through the dressing to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 596 calories, Fat 35 grams fat, SaturatedFat 8 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 40 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 14 grams sugar, Fiber 18 grams fiber, Protein 22 grams protein, Sodium 2.1 milligram of sodium
ROASTED CARROT AND BEET SALAD WITH FETA
- Stir cumin seeds in a small dry skillet over medium heat until fragrant, 3-4 minutes. Let cool. Finely grind in a spice mill.
- Whisk cumin, lemon juice, vinegar, and Dijon mustard in a medium bowl. Gradually whisk in 1/2 cup oil, then mint. Season vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
- Cook carrots in a large pot of boiling salted water for 1 minute; using a slotted spoon, transfer carrots to a bowl. Add beets to same pot of boiling water and cook until just tender, 20-25 minutes. Drain. Let stand at room temperature to cool slightly, about 15 minutes. Peel and trim beets; halve lengthwise. DO AHEAD: Vinaigrette and vegetables can be made 1 day ahead. Cover separately; chill. Return vinaigrette to room temperature and whisk before using.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Season carrots with salt and pepper. Toss with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Arrange on half of a large rimmed baking sheet. Place beets in same bowl; season with salt and pepper and toss with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Arrange in single layer opposite carrots on same baking sheet. Roast vegetables, turning once, until slightly charred and just tender, about 15 minutes.
- Place carrots, 1/2 cup parsley leaves, and feta in a medium bowl; drizzle 1/4 cup vinaigrette over and toss to coat. Arrange carrot mixture on a small platter. Place beets in another medium bowl. Add 2 tablespoons vinaigrette; toss to coat. Tuck beets in among carrots. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup parsley leaves over. Drizzle with remaining dressing.
More about "roasted carrot salad recipes"
ROASTED CARROT SALAD - TASTE OF NOVA SCOTIA
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
ROASTED CARROT SALAD | SCHNUCKS
Servings 6Total Time 40 minsCategory Budget FriendlyCalories 323 per serving
MASALA LENTIL SALAD WITH CUMIN ROASTED CARROTS - COOKIE AND KATE
BEST ROSEMARY-ROASTED CARROT SALAD RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE …
ROASTED BEET AND CARROT PANZANELLA SALAD WITH BAKED LEMON RICOTTA
MOB — ROASTED CARROT AND DATE SALAD
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | MAPLE-ROASTED CARROT SALAD | RECIPES
ROASTED CARROT SALAD RECIPE - INSPIRED BY CHARM
ROASTED CARROT SALAD RECIPE - COOK.ME RECIPES
ROASTED CARROT SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
QUICK AND EASY ROASTED CARROTS
12 ROASTED CARROT RECIPES WITH TONS OF FLAVOR | ALLRECIPES
ROASTED MOROCCAN SALAD WITH CARROTS RECIPE - TOM …
ROASTED-CARROT SALAD WITH PEANUT-SESAME MOLE RECIPE
ROASTED CARROT AND GRAIN SALAD | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES | TESCO REAL …
ROASTED CARROT, PARSNIP AND LENTIL SALAD - EAT WELL NZ
ARUGULA AND ROASTED CARROT SALAD - AHEAD OF THYME
ROASTED CARROT SALAD | DINNER RECIPES | WOMAN & HOME
LIDIA BASTIANICH'S ROASTED SQUASH AND CARROT SALAD RECIPE
ROASTED & RAW CARROT SALAD WITH AVOCADO - COOKIE AND KATE
BEHOLD: THE PRETTIEST ROASTED CARROT SALAD EVER - KITCHN
RECIPE: ROASTED CARROT SALAD — 3TEN — A LIFESTYLE BLOG
ROASTED CARROT SALAD WITH GREEN GODDESS DRESSING
BEST HONEY ROASTED CARROT SALAD RECIPE - PANTSDOWNAPRONSON
MOROCCAN CARROT SALAD | VEGETABLES RECIPES - JAMIE OLIVER
ROASTED CARROT + AVOCADO SALAD RECIPE - UNPEELED JOURNAL
ROASTED RAINBOW CARROTS WITH PEARL COUSCOUS - THE DEVIL WEARS …
INA GARTEN'S MAPLE-ROASTED CARROT SALAD RECIPE - OPRAH.COM
ROASTED CHICKPEA & CARROT SALAD RECIPE | HELLOFRESH
CHARRED, OVEN-ROASTED CARROT SALAD WITH FETA CHEESE RECIPE
CREAMY BALSAMIC CARROT SALAD - FUELED NATURALLY
ROASTED CARROT AND FETA SALAD - BUDGET BYTES
CRISPY BEET AND MOZZARELLA SALAD - THERESCIPES.INFO
ROASTED CARROT AND RED QUINOA SALAD RECIPE | FOOD & WINE
NEW YORK TIMES ROASTED CARROTS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
ROASTED CARROT HUMMUS
CARROT SALAD RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
#weeknight #60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #lunch #salads #vegetables #dinner-party #dietary #low-carb #low-in-something #carrots #brunch
You'll also love