ROASTED GARLIC AND BEET SOUP
Beets may take a while to roast, but it's worth the wait. (For a tasty side dish, saute the green tops.) Garlic and leeks add delicious flavor and dimension to this soup.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 4 cups
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Drizzle beets with olive oil and roast in parchment-lined foil until tender, about 1 hour. Meanwhile, drizzle garlic cloves with oil and roast in separate foil packet, about 30 minutes. Unwrap beets, let cool, peel, and quarter. Squeeze garlic from skin. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add leek and cook, stirring, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add beets and garlic, thyme, bay leaf, and 3 cups water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, 5 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Let cool slightly, then puree in a blender until smooth. Stir in lemon juice and adjust seasoning to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 130 g, Fat 9 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 1 g
ROASTED GARLIC SOUP
Four entire bulbs of garlic, roasted to sweetness, and incorporated in a creamy soup. You can stop at the puree stage, and refrigerate for up to one day before adding the cream and lemon juice.
Provided by Marian
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Cut off top 1/4 inch of each garlic head. Place in a small, shallow baking dish. Drizzle olive oil over. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) until golden, about 1 hour. Cool slightly. Press individual garlic cloves between thumb and finger to release. Chop garlic.
- Melt butter or margarine in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, leeks, and onion; saute until onion is translucent, about 8 minutes. Add flour and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in hot broth and sherry. Simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Puree soup in batches in a blender or food processor.
- Return soup to saucepan, and add cream. Simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes. Add lemon juice to taste. Season with salt and white pepper. Ladle into bowls. Garnish with chives.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 727.9 calories, Carbohydrate 48.8 g, Cholesterol 127.3 mg, Fat 54.9 g, Fiber 3.7 g, Protein 12.7 g, SaturatedFat 27 g, Sodium 936.8 mg, Sugar 6.2 g
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss whole garlic cloves, potato, onion, sage, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and a pinch of pepper in a large ovenproof skillet. Cover, and transfer to oven. Roast, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the garnish: Put remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and the sliced garlic into a small skillet. Cook over low heat, swirling skillet occasionally, until garlic is browned but not burned, about 20 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer garlic slices to paper towels to drain.
- Remove skillet from oven, and stir in 1/3 cup water. Cover, and return to oven; roast until potato is deep golden brown and garlic and onion are very soft, about 20 minutes. Transfer garlic cloves to a plate, and let cool slightly. Squeeze garlic from skins into skillet; discard skins.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add sherry, and cook, stirring to scrape up browned bits, 1 minute. Add stock and 1/2 cup water, and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat, and let cool slightly.
- Puree vegetable mixture in a blender in batches. Press through a fine sieve into a medium saucepan. Heat over low heat; stir in lemon juice, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Divide soup among 6 bowls, and garnish with toasted baguette slices, fried garlic, and chives.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 212 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 581 g
ROASTED BEETS AND GARLIC
You can roast more than one color of beets, such as golden and red at the same time. Just remember to wrap each color individually in foil to prevent them from bleeding into each other. From Canadian Living Magazine.
Provided by daisygrl64
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- remove outer skin layer from garlic heads.
- wrap garlic and beets in foil or place in covered casserole dish.
- roast in 375*F-190*C oven until tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
- let cool enough to handle.
- peel beets, cut into wedges.
- set garlic and beets aside.
- meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium heat, cook tarragon, salt and pepper stirring for 2 minutes.
- add beets and garlic, toss gently to coat.
- heat through about 2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 111.4, Fat 3.8, SaturatedFat 0.5, Sodium 209.1, Carbohydrate 18.1, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 6.3, Protein 3.5
GARLICKY OVEN-ROASTED BEETS
I came up with this randomly one Monday afternoon. Roasted beets are excellent atop a salad of spinach, fruit, and goat cheese.
Provided by Kristin Licavoli
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C). Line a shallow baking dish with foil.
- Trim and discard beet greens and cut off bottoms. Place beets top-side up in the prepared baking dish.
- Combine olive oil, garlic, balsamic vinegar, thyme, and honey in a bowl; spoon over beets. Drizzle honey over top.
- Roast in the preheated oven until tender and caramelized, 50 to 60 minutes. Remove from the oven and peel when cool enough to handle.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 163.2 calories, Carbohydrate 26.7 g, Fat 5.5 g, Fiber 7.1 g, Protein 4.2 g, SaturatedFat 0.8 g, Sodium 195 mg, Sugar 18.9 g
ROASTED BEETS & GARLIC
This recipe from Canadian Living magazine has been in my "recipes to try file" since Nov 2003. I finally did so last night & wish I had done so much sooner. Its so easy & the flavour combination is so good!
Provided by CountryLady
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Separate garlic cloves from head & peel.
- Place garlic & beets in a sheet of aluminum foil that has been lightly spritzed with cooking spray; roast in preheated 375F oven until tender, about 1 1/2 hours or 1 hour for smaller beets.
- Let beets cool enough to handle & cut into wedges; set garlic & beets aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook tarragon, salt & pepper, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Add beets & garlic; toss gently to coat & heat through, about 2 minutes.
ROASTED GARLIC AND SHALLOT SOUP
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine unpeeled garlic heads and unpeeled shallots in large bowl, pour the olive oil over them and toss to coat. Season generously with salt and pepper and place them in a single layer in a baking dish along with any oil remaining in bowl. Cover with foil and bake 35 minutes. If shallots are soft by then, remove them. Bake them a little longer if necessary. Continue baking the garlic another 30 minutes or so until it is soft. Allow garlic and shallots to cool.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a heavy three- to four-quart saucepan. Add onions and cook gently for 15 minutes. Do not allow to brown. Add peeled, unroasted shallots and peeled garlic cloves. Cook over low heat 10 minutes longer. Add potatoes, about 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste, the chicken stock, cream and thyme. Cover and cook about 40 minutes, until potatoes are very soft.
- Peel roasted shallots. Cut roasted garlic heads in half horizontally and squeeze in a potato ricer or by hand to extract the soft pulp. Add garlic pulp and shallots to saucepan and cook 10 minutes longer.
- Puree the soup in a blender or food processor. Season to taste with salt and pepper and, if desired, adjust the consistency of the soup with some additional stock, cream or milk or water. Reheat before serving.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 386, UnsaturatedFat 12 grams, Carbohydrate 35 grams, Fat 25 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 8 grams, SaturatedFat 12 grams, Sodium 743 milligrams, Sugar 8 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "roasted garlic and beet soup recipes"
ROASTED BEET SOUP WITH GOAT CHEESE RECIPE
BEET SOUP | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
ROASTED BEET AND GARLIC SOUP | POPSUGAR FOOD
Cuisine North AmericanCategory Cream, Soups/StewsHome Country USTotal Time 50 mins
RECIPETHING - ROASTED GARLIC AND BEET SOUP
ROASTED VEGETABLE BORSCHT SOUP • THE CRUMBY KITCHEN
CREAMY ROASTED GOLDEN BEET SOUP WITH DILL YOGURT SAUCE (VEGAN)
ROASTED GARLIC BEETROOT SOUP - SEARCHING FOR SPICE
ROASTED BEET AND GARLIC SOUP RECIPE – ZEST AND HARMONY …
MIDWINTER RECIPE: ROASTED BEET SOUP WITH FENNEL AND ORANGE
TOP 40 VEGAN ROASTED BEET SOUP VERY VEGAN RECIPES
ROASTED SQUASH AND GARLIC SOUP WITH BEET SPLASH
ROASTED GARLIC AND BEET SOUP - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
ROASTED GARLIC AND BEET SOUP - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
ROASTED GARLIC AND BEET SOUP FOOD- WIKIFOODHUB
ROASTED BEET AND GARLIC SOUP TO WARD OFF THE VAMPIRES!
ROASTED GARLIC AND BEET SOUP RECIPE | RECIPE | BEET SOUP, BEET …
ROASTED BEET SOUP | SO DELICIOUS
ROASTED BEET SOUP [VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE] - ONE GREEN PLANET
COLD BEET SOUP WITH YOGURT - END OF THE FORK
ROASTED BEET SOUP RECIPE - SOFABFOOD COMFORT FOOD
GOLDEN ROASTED BEET & GARLIC SOUP | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY …
ROASTED GARLIC AND BEET SOUP | BEET SOUP, ROASTED GARLIC, BEETS
ROASTED GARLIC AND BEETROOT SOUP - PINCH OF NOM
ROASTED BEETS WITH ROASTED GARLIC VINAIGRETTE
ROASTED GARLIC AND BEET SOUP | BEET SOUP, BEET SOUP RECIPES, …
BEET SOUP (SMOOTH AND VELVETY) | DOWNSHIFTOLOGY
CREAMY ROASTED BEET SOUP (VEGAN) - CROWDED KITCHEN
BEET SALAD SOUR CREAM - RECIPES - COOKS.COM
ROASTED BEETS AND GARLIC | CANADIAN LIVING
ROASTED GARLIC AND BEET SOUP RECIPE (USES NO MEAT BROTHS!)
ROASTED BEET & GOAT CHEESE SOUP RECIPE - THE INSPIRED HOME
VEGAN BEET CARROT GINGER SOUP RECIPE – GARLIC HEAD
CREAMY ROASTED BEET SOUP (VEGAN) - CROWDED KITCHEN
ROASTED BEETS AND GARLIC RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
ROASTED RED BEET SOUP - SAVOR THE BEST
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook potatoes and beets for Soup?Place the potatoes and beets into a baking dish, and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil; season with salt and black pepper. Roast in the preheated oven until tender, about 1 hour; allow to cool. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat, and stir in the celery, onion, and garlic.
How to cook garlic and beets in the oven?Place garlic & beets in a sheet of aluminum foil that has been lightly spritzed with cooking spray; roast in preheated 375F oven until tender, about 1 1/2 hours or 1 hour for smaller beets. Let beets cool enough to handle & cut into wedges; set garlic & beets aside.
What does roasted red beet soup taste like?Roasted red beet soup is a fusion of complex flavors, both sweet and savory, turned into smooth and velvety deliciousness. Roasted beets give this soup a deep, rich flavor, while sweet apple, onion and fennel add that special touch. This roasted beet soup recipe is so simple to make and can be a stand-alone meal or a yummy starter to a main course.
How long to cook potatoes and beets in the oven?2 h 10 m. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Place the potatoes and beets into a baking dish, and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil; season with salt and black pepper. Roast in the preheated oven until tender, about 1 hour; allow to cool.