ROASTED RHUBARB COMPOTE
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Cut 3 rhubarb stalks into 1/4-inch pieces. Transfer to a small baking dish and toss with 1/2 cup sugar and a pinch of salt. Roast at 350 degrees F until soft, about 25 minutes. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract. Serve over ice cream or pound cake.
Simple is best. Two ingredients can produce a lovely dessert. Serve this compote on its own or with whipped cream or ice cream. You can also use it on pancakes, crepes, or toast.
Provided by Buckwheat Queen
Categories 100+ Everyday Cooking Recipes Vegan Side Dishes
Number Of Ingredients 2
- Place rhubarb pieces into a medium pot and sprinkle with sugar. Stir well to make sure rhubarb is completely covered with sugar. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes, stirring once, so natural juices will be released.
- Bring rhubarb mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring often. Turn down heat and simmer until soft, about 10 minutes. Serve compote warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 57.3 calories, Carbohydrate 14.4 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 0.4 g, Sodium 1.7 mg, Sugar 13 g
RHUBARB CHERRY COMPOTE
This can be a make ahead or chill for an hour recipe. It is from the Canadian Living May 2007 issue.
Provided by Chef at Heart
Yield 1 cup
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In a saucepan bring all ingredients to a boil over med-high heat stirring often.
- Reduce heat cover and simmer 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove lid and simmer until rhubarb breaks down (about 3 minutes) could be less if using frozen.
- Remove to bowl and refrigerate 1 hour or up to 2 days.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 311.7, Fat 0.5, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 4.9, Carbohydrate 79.2, Fiber 5.3, Sugar 70, Protein 2.6
ROASTED RHUBARB-AND-SOUR-CHERRY COMPOTE
This intensely sweet-tart condiment is as versatile as it is vivacious. Sour cherries pack a punch, and keep their color when roasted with rhubarb and a splash of orange juice. Use it as a topper on a bowl of morning yogurt, as a sweet-tart mixer to your evening cocktail, and everything in between.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Seasonal Recipes Spring Recipes
Yield Makes about 2 Cups
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss rhubarb and cherries with orange zest and juice, sugar, salt, vinegar, and cardamom. Spread mixture in a single layer in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish or a 9-by-12 1/2-inch rimmed baking sheet (quarter sheet pan). Roast until softened and juicy, about 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Using a spatula, carefully transfer rhubarb and cherries to a shallow dish. Pour juices from baking dish into a small saucepan; boil until reduced and thickened slightly, about 2 minutes. Pour over rhubarb. Serve warm or at room temperature, or refrigerate in an airtight container up to 1 week.
ROASTED RHUBARB-AND-CHERRY GIMLET
Meet your new favorite aperitif for spring. Shake up an icy and refreshing mix of puréed rhubarb-cherry compote, gin, fresh lime juice, and seltzer.
Provided by Sarah Carey
Categories Food & Cooking Drink Recipes Cocktail Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Blend rhubarb-cherry mixture and syrup in a blender until smooth (you should have about 1/2 cup). Working in two batches, combine rhubarb purée, lime juice, and gin in a cocktail shaker then fill with ice. Shake until cold, about 10 seconds. Divide among 4 lowball or rocks glasses filled with ice; top with seltzer and lime wheels.
Provided by Mary Cech
Categories Sauce Dessert Low Fat Quick & Easy Lemon Spring Vegan Rhubarb Simmer Bon Appétit Fat Free Vegetarian Pescatarian Dairy Free Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free Kosher
Yield Makes about 3 cups
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Combine all ingredients in heavy large saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rhubarb is tender, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes. Transfer rhubarb mixture to bowl. Cover and chill until cold, about 2 hours. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
BAKED RHUBARB COMPOTE WITH FRESH STRAWBERRIES
Provided by Florence Fabricant
Categories weekday, dessert
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter an eight-inch square baking dish.
- Mix the rhubarb with the sugar and cinnamon. Spread in the baking dish, cover and bake 20 minutes. Allow to cool about 30 minutes, then fold in the strawberries. Serve warm or cold with whipped cream or ice cream.
HONEY ROASTED RHUBARB COMPOTE
Make and share this Honey Roasted Rhubarb Compote recipe from Food.com.
Provided by YummySmellsca
Yield 2 cups, 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Combine rhubarb, OJ, honey and sugar in a pie dish.
- Roast for 1 hour, until rhubarb collapses and OJ is reduced.
- Cool 15 minutes, then stir in vanilla and serve or store.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 205.7, Fat 0.7, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 11.7, Carbohydrate 50.6, Fiber 4.6, Sugar 40.3, Protein 2.9
More about "roasted rhubarb and sour cherry compote recipes"
SOUR CHERRY-RHUBARB CRISP - THREE MANY COOKS
RHUBARB COMPOTE | RICARDO
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB COMPOTE RECIPE OLD WORLD RECIPE …
ROASTED RHUBARB COMPOTE FOR BLUE BUNNY® VANILLA ICE …
DARK CHERRY-CRANBERRY COMPOTE FOR …
RHUBARB CHERRY COMPOTE | CANADIAN LIVING
RECIPE: ROASTED RHUBARB AND ORANGE COMPOTE - THE SECRET SPATULA
ROASTED STRAWBERRY RHUBARB COMPOTE - TRUE NORTH KITCHEN
RHUBARB COMPOTE RECIPE - THE BERKSHIRES FARM TABLE COOKBOOK
RHUBARB AND CHERRY COMPOTE RECIPE
ROASTED STRAWBERRY AND RHUBARB COMPOTE RECIPE - RUNAMOK
ROASTED RHUBARB-AND-SOUR-CHERRY COMPOTE | RECIPE
ROASTED RHUBARB COMPOTE - GREATIST
ROASTED RHUBARB-AND-SOUR-CHERRY COMPOTE - NEWSBREAK
ROASTED RHUBARB-AND-SOUR-CHERRY COMPOTE | RECIPE IN 2021
RECIPE: ROASTED RHUBARD "COMPOTE" - DIDN'T I JUST FEED YOU
ROASTED RHUBARB AND CHERRY GIMLET FOOD- WIKIFOODHUB
RED WINE ROASTED-RHUBARB COMPOTE RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
CHERRY, RHUBARB AND GINGER COMPOTE | EASY WHOLESOME
CHERRY RHUBARB COMPOTE | URBNSPICE
SOUR CHERRY COMPOTE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
RHUBARB BERRY COMPOTE RECIPE - JESSIE SHEEHAN BAKES
ROASTED STRAWBERRY RHUBARB AND YOGURT PARFAITS
BALSAMIC CHERRY COMPOTE - BEYOND SWEET AND SAVORY
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB COMPOTE RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
RECIPE - ROASTED RHUBARB COMPOTE
ROASTED RHUBARB-AND-SOUR-CHERRY COMPOTE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
ROASTED RHUBARB-AND-SOUR-CHERRY COMPOTE | EYDIE ANN | COPY …
RHUBARB COMPOTE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
A ROASTED-RHUBARB COMPOTE FOR ALL OCCASIONS - SERIOUS EATS
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
BAKED RHUBARB COMPOTE WITH CRèME FRAîCHE RECIPE - ALICE …
CHARRED RHUBARB COMPOTE | SAVEUR
BRANDIED CHERRY RHUBARB SAUCE - SUMPTUOUS SPOONFULS
ROASTED STRAWBERRY-RHUBARB TART WITH MASCARPONE CREAM - SAVEUR
ROASTED STRAWBERRY RHUBARB COMPOTE - FAMILYSTYLE FOOD
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love