ROASTED SWEET POTATO AND GINGER SOUP
There are some flavors that beg to be paired, and sweet potatoes and ginger are in that category. This smooth, puréed soup is rich and comforting, ideal for fall evenings.
Provided by Art Smith
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Poke the sweet potatoes with a fork, wrap in aluminum foil, and bake in the oven for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half and scrape out the flesh. Heat the oil over medium heat in a large Dutch oven or heavy soup pot.
- Add the onions and ginger, and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Add the jalapeño, coriander, and nutmeg and cook for 3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the roasted sweet potato flesh and stock to the pot. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and purée with a handheld immersion blender or food processor until smooth. Season with salt.
- Divide the soup among 6 serving bowls and sprinkle with the green onions.
ROASTED GARLIC AND SWEET POTATO SOUP
"My garden produced a bumper crop of sweet potatoes and I created this soup to help use them up," says Kathy Rairigh from Milford, Indiana. You'll love the creamy texture and flavors of garlic and thyme.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic bulb (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off bulb; brush with 1/2 teaspoon oil. Wrap in heavy-duty foil., Place sweet potatoes and onions in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with remaining oil; toss to coat. , Bake garlic and vegetables at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until tender. Cool for 10-15 minutes., Place 1-1/2 cups broth, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper in a blender. Squeeze softened garlic into mixture; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a large saucepan. , In batches, process the sweet potatoes, onions and remaining broth until smooth; add to garlic mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 109 calories, Fat 2g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 440mg sodium, Carbohydrate 21g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
ROASTED SWEET POTATO & CARROT SOUP
This silky smooth, super versatile vegetarian soup is perfect for a dinner party starter, everyday dinner or warming lunch. Plus it's two of your five-a-day
Provided by Chelsie Collins
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Soup, Starter, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/ gas 7 and put 500g chunked sweet potatoes and 300g chunked carrots into a large roasting tin, drizzled with 2 tbsp olive oil and plenty of seasoning.
- Roast the vegetables in the oven for 25-30 mins or until caramelised and tender.
- Meanwhile, put the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil in a large deep saucepan and fry 2 finely chopped onions over a medium-low heat for about 10 mins until softened.
- Add 2 crushed garlic cloves and stir for 1 min before adding 1l vegetable stock. Simmer for 5-10 mins until the onions are very soft, then set aside.
- Once the roasted vegetables are done, leave to cool a little, then transfer to the saucepan and use a hand blender to process until smooth. Stir in 100ml crème fraîche, a little more seasoning and reheat until hot.
- Serve in bowls topped with a swirl of crème fraîche and a good grinding of black pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 419 calories, Fat 19 grams fat, SaturatedFat 8 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 45 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 27 grams sugar, Fiber 10 grams fiber, Protein 11 grams protein, Sodium 0.9 milligram of sodium
ROCKIN CARROT, SWEET POTATO, AND GINGER SOUP
I made this soup up when my Dad was recovering from cancer. He couldn't chew very well but wanted taste. This is the perfect remedy for what ails ya.
Provided by LIANNASR
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat butter and bacon grease in a large pot over medium heat; cook and stir carrots and onion in the melted butter-bacon grease mixture until onion is translucent, 5 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add 1/2 the thyme to carrot-onion mixture; cook and stir until thyme is fragrant, 10 to 15 seconds.
- Stir chicken stock, sweet potato, ginger paste, remaining thyme, salt, and pepper into carrot-onion mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until sweet potato is soft and flavors of soup have blended, 15 to 20 minutes. Mix orange juice, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, and cinnamon into soup.
- Puree soup using a hand blender until smooth; mix in more chicken stock to reach desired consistency. Stir half-and-half into soup.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 93.3 calories, Carbohydrate 15.7 g, Cholesterol 7.2 mg, Fat 3.2 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 1.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 281.4 mg, Sugar 5.5 g
SWEET POTATO & GINGER SOUP
This is a recreation of a soup I was served at a wonderful restaurant in downtown Greensboro, NC. The sweetness of the sweet potatoes combined with the fragrant ginger, earthy cumin, and spicy cayenne give this soup a deep flavor with multiple levels of warmth. If an immersion blender is not available, soup maybe be blended in a regular blender in small batches.
Provided by Jim Grant
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oil in a heavy stock pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute until garlic begins to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir vegetable broth, sweet potatoes, ginger, cilantro, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and ground black pepper into onion mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are soft, about 30 minutes.
- Remove stock pot from heat and blend soup with an immersion blender until smooth. Season with salt and ground black pepper as necessary. Serve with a dollop of sour cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 226.2 calories, Carbohydrate 34.5 g, Cholesterol 6.3 mg, Fat 8.5 g, Fiber 5.2 g, Protein 3.6 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 336.8 mg, Sugar 8.4 g
BAKED SWEET POTATOES WITH GINGER AND HONEY
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, toss together the sweet potatoes, honey, ginger, walnut oil, cardamom, and pepper. Transfer to a large cast iron frying pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Stir the potatoes to expose the pieces from the bottom of the pan. Bake for another 20 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are tender and caramelized on the outside.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 162.4 calories, Carbohydrate 34.9 g, Fat 2.3 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 1.9 g, SaturatedFat 0.2 g, Sodium 63.2 mg, Sugar 16.4 g
CREAMY SWEET POTATO WITH GINGER SOUP
A pureed vegetable soup can be an impressive, easy and affordable first course for an elegant dinner, or even a light dinner on its own with salad and bread.
Provided by USA WEEKEND columnist Pam Anderson
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large, deep saute pan until shimmering.
- Add sweet potatoes, then onion; saute, stirring very little at first, then more frequently, until vegetables start to turn golden brown, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add butter, sugar and garlic; continue cooking until all vegetables are a rich spotty caramel color, about 10 minutes longer.
- Add ginger, nutmeg and cayenne pepper; continue to saute until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute longer.
- Add broth; bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, until sweet potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender or traditional blender, puree until very smooth, 30 seconds to 1 minute. (If using a traditional blender, vent it either by removing the lid's pop-out center or by lifting one edge of the lid. Drape the blender canister with a kitchen towel. To 'clean' the canister, pour in a little half-and-half, blend briefly, then add to the soup.)
- Return to pan (or a soup pot); add enough half-and-half so the mixture is souplike, yet thick enough to float garnish. Taste, and add salt and pepper if needed. Heat through, ladle into bowls, garnish and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 194.3 calories, Carbohydrate 22 g, Cholesterol 37.7 mg, Fat 10.7 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 3.6 g, SaturatedFat 4.8 g, Sodium 90.7 mg, Sugar 4.7 g
ROASTED RED PEPPER AND SWEET POTATO SOUP (GLUTEN-FREE)
If you like curry, you can add some curry powder to spice it up! You can also add some minced garlic and/or ginger when you sauté the onion. For more healthy gluten-free, pesco-vegetarian recipes, please visit my blog, www.InnerHarmonyNutrition.com.
Provided by InnerHarmonyNutriti
Categories Free Of...
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Roast bell peppers. For instructions on how to roast peppers, please Google.
- Peel the roasted peppers and slice them into strips. Set aside.
- Heat butter or olive oil in a soup pan and sauté the chopped onion until it becomes translucent.
- Add pepper strips and diced potatoes.
- Add vegetable stock or water & soup base enough to barely cover the vegetables.
- Cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Purée the soup using a blender or hand blender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Infuse love and serve!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 152.5, Fat 3.1, SaturatedFat 1.9, Cholesterol 7.6, Sodium 91.2, Carbohydrate 29, Fiber 5.1, Sugar 8.4, Protein 2.7
GINGER AND CURRY SWEET POTATO SOUP
This super simple soup packs amazing flavor and takes almost no time to make. I discovered it when I had a leftover can of sweet potato puree after Thanksgiving.
Provided by Fancy Pants
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in sweet potato puree and 1/2 cup chicken broth. Whisk in remaining broth, ginger, curry paste, and white pepper slowly. Cook and stir until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low; whisk in yogurt. Cook and stir until yogurt is heated through, 3 to 5 minutes more. Pour into a bowl; garnish with goat cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 267 calories, Carbohydrate 30.8 g, Cholesterol 38 mg, Fat 14.3 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 4.6 g, SaturatedFat 8.7 g, Sodium 597.3 mg, Sugar 7.9 g
More about "roasted sweet potato and ginger soup recipes"
CARNATION® | SWEET POTATO, PEAR AND GINGER SOUP
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
VEGAN SWEET POTATO SOUP RECIPE WITH CARROT AND …
VEGAN EASY ROASTED SWEET POTATO GINGER SOUP RECIPE
5/5 (1)Total Time 45 minsServings 4Calories 113 per serving
- While oven is preheating, peel and dice sweet potatoes (they cook quicker and blend easier this way). Then pour a tablespoon or so of olive oil onto diced sweet potatoes and rub them to make sure they are coated evenly with olive oil. Then set them to bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
- When sweet potatoes are baked, add them to a blender, along with coconut milk, vegetable stock, turmeric, cayenne pepper and ginger and blend well till creamy.
CHINESE SWEET POTATO AND GINGER SOUP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
RECIPE: SWEET POTATO SOUP WITH MISO AND GINGER - KITCHN
ROASTED GINGERED SWEET POTATOES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
KITCHEN WINDOW RECIPE: GINGERY ROASTED BEET AND SWEET POTATO …
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND SWEET POTATO SOUP - THE CHUNKY …
ROASTED SWEET POTATO, GINGER AND CINNAMON …
SWEET POTATO SOUP RECIPE - MEANINGFUL EATS
SWEET POTATO SOUP (EASY RECIPE!) - NO SPOON NECESSARY
SWEET POTATO AND GINGER DESSERT SOUP (番薯糖水) - WOK & KIN
ROASTED SWEET POTATO SOUP | CANADIAN LIVING
ROASTED SWEET POTATO SOUP WITH GINGER & LIME - EARTHY FEAST
ROASTED SWEET POTATO AND GINGER SOUP | MG UNITED
SWEET POTATO, CARROT AND GINGER SOUP - LIFESTYLE FOOD & NUTRITION
ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH GINGER, CUMIN AND CORIANDER
WARMING SWEET POTATO AND GINGER SOUP RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
CREAM OF SWEET POTATO, GINGER AND RUM SOUP | RICARDO
SWEET POTATO AND GINGER SOUP | CANADIAN GOODNESS | RECIPE IN …
SAVORY VEGETARIAN ROASTED SWEET POTATO SOUP RECIPE - EAT SIMPLE …
GINGER AND SWEET POTATO SOUP - HONEST COOKING - RECIPES
ROASTED SWEET POTATO SOUP RECIPE | CRATE & BARREL
ROASTED SWEET POTATO SOUP - A CLASSIC TWIST
SWEET POTATO, GINGER AND ORANGE SOUP | NIGELLA'S RECIPES
HEALTHY ROASTED PUMPKIN AND SWEET POTATO SOUP RECIPE
ROASTED GARLIC-GINGER SWEET POTATO SOUP - CHATELAINE
ROASTED SWEET POTATO & GINGER SOUP - ADRE'S KITCHEN
BEETS AND SWEET POTATO RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
ROASTED SWEET POTATO GINGER SOUP – AMANDA LOVE
ROASTED CARROT, SWEET POTATO AND GINGER SOUP | RECIPE - PINTEREST
ROASTED SWEET POTATO SOUP WITH ORANGE AND GINGER - CITYLINE
ROASTED SWEET POTATO SOUP (SO COZY!) - BUTTER BE READY
RECIPE - ROASTED SWEET POTATO & GINGER SOUP - LCBO
ROASTED CARROT, SWEET POTATO AND GINGER SOUP - CHOOSING …
ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH GARLIC AND GINGER - SARAH'S CUCINA BELLA
SWEET POTATO SOUP - SILKY GINGER SWEET POTATO SOUP
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook roasted carrot sweet potato and ginger soup?This hearty roasted carrot, sweet potato and ginger soup is healthy and will keep you full! Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a pan with parchment paper. Chop your sweet potatoes and carrots into medium sized cubes and place spread out of your pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes until tender. Heat vegetable oil in a large pot on medium heat.
What is the best way to make sweet potato soup?The sweetness of the sweet potatoes combined with the fragrant ginger, earthy cumin, and spicy cayenne give this soup a deep flavor with multiple levels of warmth. If an immersion blender is not available, soup maybe be blended in a regular blender in small batches. Heat oil in a heavy stock pot over medium-high heat.
What goes well with sweet potatoes and Ginger?There are some flavors that beg to be paired, and sweet potatoes and ginger are in that category. This smooth, puréed soup is rich and comforting, ideal for fall evenings. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Poke the sweet potatoes with a fork, wrap in aluminum foil, and bake in the oven for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature.
How to cook sweet potatoes on the stove with garlic?Add garlic and saute until garlic begins to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir vegetable broth, sweet potatoes, ginger, cilantro, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and ground black pepper into onion mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are soft, about 30 minutes.