RUSTIC NUT BARS
These cookies were amazing. They are a nut lovers dream come true! We made these for Christmas 2005 and they went over very well.
Provided by Kozmic Blues
Categories Bar Cookie
Yield 64 bars, 64 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees F and place oven rack in the middle position.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut the chilled butter into the flour mixture.
- Continue this process with the butter until all the butter is gone and the flour-mixture looks like a coarse meal in pea-sized butter lumps.
- Add the egg to the flour.
- Mix dough using a rubber spatula or (clean) hands until butter and egg are incorporated efficiently.
- Place the dough in a 13"x9" buttered glass baking dish.
- Press the dough evenly on bottom. Do not press up the sides of the dish.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove, allow to cool for 40 minutes and set aside.
- ** (optional) Meanwhile, reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Place the almonds and hazelnuts in a shallow baking dish and roast in the oven from 8-10 minutes.
- Remove, and increase the oven temperature back to 375 degrees F. **(optional).
- In a medium sized sauce pan, bring the honey, brown sugar and salt to a small boil over a medium heat.
- Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Then boil, without stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add butter and cream and continue to boil for one minute, allowing the butter to melt. Remove from heat and add all of the nuts to the syrup, coating thoroughly.
- Spread nut mixture over the cookie crust. Place baking dish back in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the top has carmelized and bubbled.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in refrigerator for an hour.
- Cut and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 117.7, Fat 7.5, SaturatedFat 2.7, Cholesterol 12.5, Sodium 49.8, Carbohydrate 11.7, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 6.6, Protein 2
RUSTIC NUT BARS
- Make crust:
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 375°F. Butter a 13- by 9-inch baking pan (2 inches deep) and line with 2 crisscrossed sheets of foil, leaving a 2-inch overhang on all sides. Butter foil.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, then blend in butter with your fingertips or a pastry blender (or pulse in a food processor) until mixture resembles coarse meal with pea-size butter lumps. Add egg and stir with a fork (or pulse) until a ball begins to form.
- Turn out dough onto a work surface and divide into 4 portions. With heel of your hand, smear each portion once or twice in a forward motion. Gather dough together with scraper.
- Press dough evenly onto bottom (but not up sides) of baking pan and bake until edges are golden and begin to pull away from sides of pan, 15 to 25 minutes. Cool in pan on a rack, about 40 minutes.
- Make topping:
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Toast almonds and hazelnuts on separate sides of a shallow baking pan until fragrant and golden on the inside, 8 to 10 minutes. Rub hazelnuts in a kitchen towel to remove any loose skins (some skins may remain).
- Increase oven temperature to 375°F.
- Bring honey, brown sugar, and salt to a boil in a 3- to 4-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved, then boil, without stirring, 2 minutes. Add butter and cream and boil, stirring, 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in all nuts until coated.
- Spread mixture evenly over crust and bake until topping is caramelized and bubbling, 15 to 25 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a rack. Lift dessert out of pan using foil overhang and cut into 64 bars. Peel bars from foil.
RUSTIC NUT BARS
My friends love crunching into these chewy, gooey bars that have a crust like shortbread and a wildly nutty topping. -Barbara Driscoll, West Allis, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 3 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with foil, letting ends extend over sides by 1 in. Grease foil with 1 tablespoon butter., In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in the remaining butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in egg until blended (mixture will be dry). Press firmly onto bottom of prepared pan. , Bake 18-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack., In a large heavy saucepan, combine honey, brown sugar and salt; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently to dissolve sugar. Boil 2 minutes without stirring. Stir in butter and cream; return to a boil. Cook and stir 1 minute or until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in nuts. Spread over crust., Bake 15-20 minutes or until topping is bubbly. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Lifting with foil, remove from pan. Discard foil; cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 199 calories, Fat 13g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 21mg cholesterol, Sodium 157mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
More about "rustic nut bars recipes"
RUSTIC NUT BARS | RECIPE | DESSERTS, CARAMEL DESSERTS ...
4.8/5 (15)Estimated Reading Time 5 minsServings 36Total Time 55 mins
RUSTIC NUT BARS - COMPLETERECIPES.COM
RUSTIC NUT BARS | RECIPE | FALL DESSERTS, DESSERTS, BAKING
10 BEST HEALTHY NUT BARS RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOLIDAY COOKIE FACE-OFF: RUSTIC NUT BARS - ABC NEWS
RUSTIC NUT BARS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
RUSTIC NUT BARS | BECKIES KITCHEN
RUSTIC NUT BARS RECIPES
RUSTIC NUT BARS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - FOOD NEWS
RUSTIC NUT BARS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
RUSTIC NUT BARS RECIPE
RUSTIC NUT BARS RECIPE - GENIUS KITCHEN | BARS RECIPES ...
10 BEST HOMEMADE NUT BARS RECIPES | YUMMLY
COOKING WITH ELISE – RUSTIC NUT BARS
RUSTIC NUT BAR RECIPES
RUSTIC NUT BARS RECIPE RECIPE
You'll also love