SALMON SPINACH QUICHE
This salmon spinach quiche uses canned salmon for the easiest lunch, brunch or dinner recipe! Use a store-bought pie crust for an even quicker meal.
Provided by Katherine | Love In My Oven
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and grease the pie plate with butter or non-stick cooking spray and press the store-bought pie crust or homemade pie crust into the bottom of the pie plate. Prick the pie crust with a fork a few times.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet on the stove over medium heat, for 1 minute. Add the onion and sauté for 3-5 minutes, or until the onion turns translucent. Add the minced garlic and sauté for an additional minute, before adding the spinach to the skillet and stirring just until wilted. Remove the skillet from heat.
- Scatter 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese on the bottom of the pie crust. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and cream. Add the drained salmon, skillet spinach mixture, remaining mozzarella, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the pie crust, and place in the oven for 50-55 minutes, or until the quiche no longer jiggles when you give it a slight shake.* Remove and allow the quiche to cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving with a sprinkle of fresh dill.
RECIPE SPINACH AND SALMON QUICHE
- Prepare the quiche doughCook the spinach for 15 minutes in a pot of salted water. Drain well.In another pot, cook the salmon in simmering water for about 5 minutes, then drain and crumble into pieces or flakes.These three steps can all be done in advance Roll the dough out and transfer it to your tart pan. Prick with a fork and cover with dried kernels or nuts to prevent the dough from deforming while cooking. Pre-bake the dough for 8 to 10 minutes. Take the dough out of the oven and remove the kernels.Spread the spinach into the pan (make sure it's well drained, if you need to you can press the spinach against a colander with your hands) then add the crumbled salmon on top of the spinach.In a separate bowl, add the eggs, cream, salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg. Mix well. Pour the mixture over the tart and sprinkle with grated cheese.Bake in the oven at 400°F (200°C) for about 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts :
SALMON AND SPINACH QUICHE
- 1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F/Gas 6). Roll out and line a 25 cm (10 inch) fluted loose-based tart tin with the pastry. Blind bake the pastry shell, then remove it from the oven. Reduce the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). 2. Put the spinach into a sieve and squeeze out the water. Transfer the spinach to a bowl and combine with the salmon and eggs. Beat in the cream, then season with salt and pepper and a pinch of nutmeg. Pour into the pastry shell and bake for 30 minutes, or until the filling is just set. Leave in the tin for 5 minutes before serving.
SPINACH AND SALMON QUICHE
- Unroll pie crust into 9" pie pan, flute edges. Prick bottom lightly with a fork and freeze crust 10 minutes.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat 1 Tbsp oil over medium high-heat until shimmering but not smoking. Season fish with salt and pepper, sauté with skin side up until it releases easily from the pan (about 5 minutes). Cool completely and cut into 1" chunks.
- Put a baking sheet in the oven, preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat remaining oil; sauté onion until softened(about 5 minutes).
- Add spinach, cooking until just wilted (1-2 minutes) and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs with milk and 3/4 cup of cheese. Season with 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Spread onion and spinach mixture in the bottom of the crust; pour in egg mixture.
- Top with chunks of salmon and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake on preheated sheet pan until filling is just set and pastry is golden about 25 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 354.1, Fat 22.8, SaturatedFat 6.4, Cholesterol 154.9, Sodium 770.8, Carbohydrate 16.8, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 1.8, Protein 19.9
SMOKED SALMON QUICHE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Press pie crust pastry into a pie dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly golden, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Arrange salmon into the baked pie crust to cover evenly. Spread cream cheese over over salmon layer using your hands. Sprinkle dill over cream cheese layer.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together in a bowl; pour over cream cheese layer just below crust edge. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over egg layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until quiche is set and middle has risen, 40 to 50 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 362.8 calories, Carbohydrate 13 g, Cholesterol 231.8 mg, Fat 24.8 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 21.7 g, SaturatedFat 10.7 g, Sodium 663.7 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
SALMON AND SPINACH QUICHE
- Bake pie crust in a 9" deep dish pie pan according to package directions. Turn oven temperature to 400F. Sprinkle salmon, spinach, onion, red pepper and tomatoes in pie shell. Break half of Boursin cheese into small pieces and sprinkle into pie shell. Whisk remaining Boursin cheese with eggs until well combined. Add milk, salt and pepper to egg mixture and combine well. Pour egg mixture into pie shell. Bake for 45 minutes, or until center jiggles slightly. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
SALMON & SPINACH QUICHE
A slightly different version of my basic quiche recipe; I just altered the ingredients for a relative who's got a lot of food allergies. This is just a simple quiche that doesn't require a lot of pre-cooked veggies or overly-fancy spices. I use lox pieces in mine, and they actually stay firm in this dish, instead of "flaking" too much like usual raw salmon! It's great cold too, and can easily be prepared ahead of time and warmed up later. Hope you'll try it! :)
Provided by Maura666
Categories Savory Pies
Yield 1 quiche, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Prepare pie shell according to instructions, if required.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Sprinkle lox in an even layer on the bottom of pie shell.
- Beat eggs, gradually adding milk.
- Add spinach, garlic, mustard, oregano, pepper, nutmeg, onion/chives, and half of the cheese.
- Stir well.
- Pour egg mixture into pie crust.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350* for 45-55 minutes, or until quiche is completely firm.
- (CAUTION: Cooking time may vary, depending on how new your oven is! I have an ancient electric one from the 70's, and usually start"babysitting" quiche after the first 30 minutes are up. If it doesn't wiggle AT ALL when you pull out the oven rack to check,) When cooked, remove from oven and let quiche cool for 10-15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 175.7, Fat 10.4, SaturatedFat 3.9, Cholesterol 115.1, Sodium 513.2, Carbohydrate 11, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 2.6, Protein 9.3
Meet the Cook: This recipe came to me from my mother - it's the kind you request after just one bite! Unlike some quiches, it's also hearty enough that it appeals equally to both woman and men. Cooking is something that I've always liked. I pore over cookbooks the way other people read novels! In addition, I collect antique kitchen utensils. My husband and I have one son, 12. -Deanna Baldwin, Bermuda Dunes, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. , In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Sprinkle cheese in the crust; top with salmon and onion. , In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and salt; pour over salmon mixture. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 448 calories, Fat 29g fat (15g saturated fat), Cholesterol 219mg cholesterol, Sodium 610mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 26g protein.
SALMON & WATERCRESS QUICHE
- First, make the pastry. Sift the flour and salt together into a food processor or a large bowl if you want to make it by hand. Pulse or rub in the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add enough water to make the dough come together, then wrap well and chill in the fridge for 10-15 mins.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface until just thinner than a £1 coin then line a 26cm tart tin - don't trim off the excess pastry just yet though, as it will shrink a little when it cooks.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Remove the pastry case from the fridge and line with baking parchment. Fill with baking beans, then bake blind for 20 mins. Remove beans and paper then cook for 5 mins more until pale golden. Turn down the oven to 160C/140C fan/ gas 3. Trim the edges of the pastry case with a sharp serrated knife.
- Arrange the watercress and salmon in the bottom of the pastry case. Whisk the dill, eggs, milk and cream and season well. Pour over the salmon and watercress then bake for 30-40 mins, or until set with a slight wobble in the centre. Serve warm, or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 538 calories, Fat 37 grams fat, SaturatedFat 20 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 36 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 2 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 17 grams protein, Sodium 2.21 milligram of sodium
More about "salmon spinach quiche recipes"
QUICHE SALMON SPINACH | FRYHEALTHY | AIR FRYER RECIPES FOR ...
SMOKED SALMON AND SPINACH QUICHE - BEEYONDCEREAL
SALMON QUICHE - FRUGAL MOM EH!
SALMON, SPINACH & FETA QUICHE - THE TASTE KITCHEN
CRUSTLESS SALMON SPINACH QUICHE - LYNN'S KITCHEN ADVENTURES
10+ SEAFOOD QUICHES FOR FANCY BREAKFASTS | ALLRECIPES
SMOKED SALMON AND SPINACH QUICHE- THE BOSSY KITCHEN
EASY SALMON QUICHE WITH SPINACH - RECIPE BY BLACKBERRY BABE
SPINACH AND SALMON QUICHE - KOWALSKI'S MARKETS
SALMON AND SPINACH QUICHE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SPINACH AND SALMON QUICHE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CRUSTLESS QUICHE WITH SALMON AND SPINACH - THE PETITE …
SALMON AND SPINACH QUICHE RECIPE | BETTER TOGETHER BC
SALMON QUICHE WITH SPINACH, DILL, AND MOZZARELLA - 31 DAILY
SALMON & SPINACH QUICHE RECIPE - FOODZESTY
CRUSTLESS MUSHROOM, SPINACH SALMON QUICHE - BIGOVEN.COM
SALMON AND SPINACH QUICHE - NEW WORLD
LOW FODMAP SALMON SPINACH QUICHE - KARLIJN'S KITCHEN
FRENCH SALMON & SPINACH QUICHE - ANNA IN THE KITCHEN
SALMON AND BROCCOLI QUICHE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
SMOKED SALMON AND SPINACH QUICHE - JMORE
DAIRY-FREE SALMON AND SPINACH QUICHE RECIPE | FOODACIOUSLY
SMOKED SALMON AND SPINACH CRUSTLESS QUICHE - MEAL GARDEN
21 BEST SALMON QUICHE RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
10 BEST SMOKED SALMON QUICHE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SMOKED SALMON AND SPINACH QUICHE | BLUE FLAME KITCHEN
MINI SMOKED SALMON SPINACH QUICHES - SEAFOOD EXPERTS
CRUSTLESS SALMON QUICHE - DIVALICIOUS RECIPES
DUALIT RECIPE | SALMON AND SPINACH QUICHE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is in a salmon and spinach quiche?This salmon spinach quiche is composed of eggs, a whole can of salmon, spinach, half n’ half cream, and CHEESE! (Yay, cheese)! I made my own pie crust, but you can easily use a store-bought pie crust as well. How long does it take to make a salmon and spinach quiche?
How do you make a spinach and salmon pie?Place in bottom of shell along with salmon. Add spinach to skillet, saute for 3-5 minutes until wilted and reduced. Add cooked spinach to pie shell. In a mixing bowl, add eggs, cottage cheese, oregano, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Stir lightly to combine, then add to pie shell. Top mixture in pie shell with parmesan cheese.
How do you cook a crustless quiche?Fold in the spinach leaves and chopped salmon and lightly combine all the ingredients. Pour the mixture over the onions, distributing evenly the spinach and salmon. Transfer the crustless quiche to the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes. The quiche will be fully cooked when both edges and surface are lightly brown.
How to make the best spinach and salmon salad?In a bowl, with the help of a fork beat the eggs lightly with the milk, crème fraîche, parmesan cheese, ½ teaspoon of sea salt, and ½ teaspoon of pepper (or to taste). Fold in the spinach leaves and chopped salmon and lightly combine all the ingredients. Pour the mixture over the onions, distributing evenly the spinach and salmon.