A HOMEMADE SAN FRANCISCO TREAT: CHICKEN VERMICELLI RICE
Years ago, I came up with my clone of a dish my children really enjoyed. I wanted to use the freshest ingredients that I usually have on hand. Many years later, I find myself still making it. If serving a beef dish, substitute chicken bouillon with beef bouillon. Angel hair pasta can be broken into small pieces in place of vermicelli.
Provided by SHORECOOK
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook rice and vermicelli in hot butter until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Pour water over the rice mixture. Stir chicken bouillon, parsley, garlic powder, and onion powder into the water; bring to a boil, place a cover on the saucepan, reduce heat to low, and cook until the water has absorbed into the rice and pasta, about 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 223.5 calories, Carbohydrate 42.4 g, Cholesterol 7.8 mg, Fat 3.6 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 4.5 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 310.7 mg, Sugar 0.6 g
SAN FRANCISCO RICE
- Combine the seasoning mix ingredients throughly in a small bowl.
- Makes 3 tablespoons plus 3/4 teaspoon.
- Heat oil in a 12 inch skillet over high heat until very hot, about 4 minutes.
- Add the rice, spaghetti,onion,celery,butter,and, 2 tablespoons of the seasoning mix.
- Stir well and cook, shaking the pan and stirring occasionally, until the rice and spaghetti are golden brown, about 6 minutes.
- Add the sesame seeds and the remaining seasoning mix.
- Stir well and cook 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the rice and spaghetti are brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley and chicken broth and water, cover the skillet, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let the skillet sit, covered for 8 minutes.
- This is a great side dish to accompany almost any kind of meat, poultry or fish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 471.9, Fat 9.6, SaturatedFat 2.4, Cholesterol 5.1, Sodium 964.8, Carbohydrate 83, Fiber 5.6, Sugar 4.4, Protein 13.7
SAN FRANCISCO PILAF
- Combine the chicken broth, butter, salt and pepper in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer, cover, then hold at a low simmer over medium-low heat.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat in a high-sided, lidded saute pan. Add the vermicelli and cook, stirring constantly, until golden brown all over, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring, until the grains turn from pale white to bright white, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Carefully pour the simmering broth mixture over the rice and vermicelli. Scrape down the sides of the pan, making sure that all of the rice is submerged in broth. Bring to a low simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Remove the lid and continue cooking until all of the liquid is absorbed, about 5 more minutes.
- Add the parsley and fluff the pilaf with a fork. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving dish and serve hot.
CALIFORNIA-STYLE SPANISH RICE
Back in the 1920s, my great-aunt Mable lived with her four children in an old World War I army tent. She had to be creative in her cooking, and this was one dish she relied on.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8-10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. In the drippings, saute onion until tender. Remove and set aside. , In a small skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add rice; cook and stir until golden brown. Reduce heat; stir in broth. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in the bacon, onion, peppers and tomatoes. Cover and simmer 25-30 minutes longer or until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 170 calories, Fat 8g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 6mg cholesterol, Sodium 291mg sodium, Carbohydrate 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
SAN FRANCISCO CHICKEN
This will be one of your favorite dishes to serve your family or guests. Double the sauce ingredients if you want to serve it over rice. Simple to make and so delicious!
Provided by Marie
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Brown chicken breasts in a small amount of oil.
- Remove from pan and add garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar and 1 cup of the chicken broth.
- Stir to mix and return chicken to pan and cover.
- Simmer until the chicken is done (about 15 minutes).
- Remove chicken from pan and add remaining half cup of broth which has been mixed with cornstarch.
- Bring to a boil to thicken sauce and return chicken to the pan, coating it well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 324.6, Fat 14, SaturatedFat 4, Cholesterol 92.8, Sodium 1387.6, Carbohydrate 14, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 10.6, Protein 34.1
More about "san francisco rice recipes"
BOHEMIAN SAN FRANCISCO: ITS RESTAURANTS AND THEIR MOST FAMOUS …
Reviews 27Format PaperbackAuthor Clarence E. Edwords
SUPER SAN FRANCISCO RECIPES: A COMPLETE COOKBOOK OF SF BAY …
Reviews 1Format PaperbackAuthor Julia Chiles
SAN FRANCISCO RICE RECIPE | RECIPELAND
4.3/5 (2)Total Time 50 minsServings 4Calories 389 per serving
10 BEST SAN FRANCISCO CHICKEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHICKEN FRIED RICE DELIVERY IN SAN FRANCISCO - ORDER CHICKEN FRIED …
RECIPE: SAN FRANCISCO RICE
TOP 44 SAN FRANCISCO CUISINE RECIPES
SAN FRANCISCO RICE RECIPE - COOKING INDEX
SAN FRANCISCO RICE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
SAN FRANCISCO RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SFR - SAN FRANCISCO RICE
SAN FRANCISCO TO RICE UNIVERSITY - 10 WAYS TO TRAVEL VIA TRAIN, AND …
ASTRAY RECIPES: SAN FRANCISCO RICE
RICE PAPER SCISSORS, SAN FRANCISCO - NORTH OF PANHANDLE/NOPA ...
SAN FRANCISCO RICE SALAD | COOKING MAMAS
SAN FRANCISCO RICE SALAD - BRAVABOD
SAN FRANCISCO RICE - AMERICANRECIPES.EU
SAN FRANCISCO RICE - CHAMPSDIET.COM
SAN FRANCISCO RICE - BIGOVEN.COM
COPYCAT BEEF RICE-A-RONI, THE SAN FRANCISCO TREAT
SAN FRANCISCO RICE - COMPLETERECIPES.COM
SAN FRANCISCO STYLE CIOPPINO RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
THE EASIEST FRIED BROWN RICE - MY SAN FRANCISCO KITCHEN
SAN FRANCISCO - COOKIDOO® – THE OFFICIAL THERMOMIX® RECIPE …
RICE VERMICELLI PILAF (RICE-A-RONI SAN FRANCISCO TREAT COPYCAT)
RICE DELIVERY IN SAN FRANCISCO - ORDER RICE NEAR ME | UBER EATS
FORBIDDEN RICE PILAF — LARA'S SAN FRANCISCO KITCHEN
SAN FRANCISCO RECIPE | ETSY
SPANISH-STYLE RICE-A-RONI, THE SAN FRANCISCO TREAT
RICE GARDEN, SAN FRANCISCO - LAKESHORE - RESTAURANT REVIEWS
SAN FRANCISCO RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
ST. PATRICK’S DAY RICE KRISPIES TREATS RECIPE
WORLD BEST SEA FOOD RECIPES: SAN FRANCISCO RICE
SAN FRANCISCO TO RICE LAKE FROM $171 BY PLANE, SHUTTLE | ROME2RIO
RECIPES > RICE > HOW TO MAKE SAN FRANCISCO RICE
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #side-dishes #rice #easy #dietary #pasta-rice-and-grains
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make fried rice with fideo?~ Step 1. In a wide-bottomed 3 1/2-quart chef's pan with straight, deep sides (or a 10" skillet with a tight-fitting lid), melt 3 tablespoons butter over low heat. Add and stir in the 1/2 cup rice and 1/2 cup fideo. Increase heat to medium- medium-high.
How do you cook rice and vermicelli in a pan?Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook rice and vermicelli in hot butter until browned, about 3 minutes. Pour water over the rice mixture.
How to cook rice in a pan with butter?Place rice in a medium bowl and rinse with hot tap water until water runs clear, about 30 seconds. Cover rice completely with fresh hot tap water and set aside for 10 minutes. Drain rice thoroughly in a fine-mesh strainer; discard soaking water. Melt butter in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat.
What is the best way to cook rice and pasta?Pour water over the rice mixture. Stir chicken bouillon, parsley, garlic powder, and onion powder into the water; bring to a boil, place a cover on the saucepan, reduce heat to low, and cook until the water has absorbed into the rice and pasta, about 25 minutes.