SAUSAGE AND MUSHROOM STUFFING
This is a quick and easy stuffing recipe to prepare when in a pinch. Much of the seasoning comes from the herb stuffing mix, but the sage sausage and fresh veggies amp up the flavor. We really liked the addition of mushrooms. They give a nice texture to the dish. Butter helps with moisture and adds its wonderful flavor. Slightly...
Provided by Paula Mullins
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 1. Crumble and brown sausage.
- 2. Saute onions and celery until soft, then add mushrooms for approximately 2 minutes. Drain all grease.
- 3. In a large bowl, add stuffing mix, browned sausage, onions, mushrooms, and celery.
- 4. Slowly sprinkle seasonings while stirring until well blended.
- 5. Add broth, stir until well blended then drizzle butter while stirring.
- 6. Pour into a casserole dish. Bake in a covered dish at 350° for 35 minutes.
- 7. This may also be stuffed into your turkey by spooning it in the cavity loosely then pinning the bird to hold the stuffing. Bake according to directions on turkey.
SAUSAGE AND MUSHROOM STUFFING
- Heat the broth, black pepper, celery and onion in a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Stir in the mushrooms. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the stuffing and sausage to the saucepan and mix lightly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 194.4 calories, Carbohydrate 23.8 g, Cholesterol 17.3 mg, Fat 7.6 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 7.9 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 867.3 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
APPLE, SAUSAGE, BACON, AND MUSHROOM STUFFING
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a large baking dish.
- Place the beef, sausage, and bacon in a large skillet over medium heat. Mix in the onion, celery, and mushrooms. Season with parsley, sage, and thyme. Cook and stir until meats are evenly browned. Mix in apples and water chestnuts, and continue cooking 5 minutes. Drain grease.
- Mix butter, broth, soup, and applesauce into skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Gently fold in the bread cubes until evenly moist. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake covered 45 minutes. Uncover, and continue baking 15 minutes, until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 304.7 calories, Carbohydrate 28.8 g, Cholesterol 41.4 mg, Fat 15.6 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 12.5 g, SaturatedFat 6.3 g, Sodium 883.3 mg, Sugar 6.8 g
SKILLET STUFFING WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND WILD MUSHROOMS
Thanksgiving stuffing in less than an hour? Believe it. The Parmesan in this Italian-inspired version makes it extra creamy and flavorful. Cooking and baking the stuffing in the same skillet saves time and cuts down on dishes.
Provided by Anna Stockwell
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Toast bread on a rimmed baking sheet until dry, about 10 minutes. Let cool. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a 12" cast-iron skillet over medium-high. Add sausage and cook, breaking into pieces with a spatula, until browned, about 7 minutes. Add onion, mushrooms, and sage and cook, stirring occasionally, until well browned, 8-10 minutes. Add wine and cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced by half. Let cool slightly.
- Whisk eggs, broth, cheese, mustard, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add sausage mixture, reserving skillet, and bread and toss to combine. Let sit 5 minutes, toss again, then pack back into skillet.
- Bake stuffing until lightly browned on top and cooked through, about 20 minutes.
SAUSAGE AND MUSHROOM STUFFING
- Break up sausage and place in fairly deep skillet. Cook, stirring to break up lumps, until meat has lost raw look.
- Trim tough membranes from gizzard, liver and heart. Chop soft parts fine. There should be 1/3 to 1/2 cup. Add to sausage. Add onions and garlic. Cook, stirring, until onions are wilted. Stir in marjoram. Cook about 2 minutes.
- Add celery and mushrooms. Cook, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand briefly. Add bread crumbs and eggs and stir to blend. Add parsley, salt and a generous grinding of pepper. There should be about 6 cups.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 469, UnsaturatedFat 14 grams, Carbohydrate 36 grams, Fat 24 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 28 grams, SaturatedFat 7 grams, Sodium 926 milligrams, Sugar 7 grams, TransFat 0 grams
SAUSAGE MUSHROOM DRESSING
To go with your turkey entree, how about serving Sausage Mushroom Dressing? The recipe comes from Mary Coleman of Norwood, Massachusetts. "My children and guests almost pass over the turkey in favor of this savory dressing each holiday," Mary notes.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 2 casseroles (12-16 servings each).
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Reserve 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute the mushrooms, onion, celery and garlic in the drippings and butter until tender. Stir in the sage, salt and pepper., In several large bowls, combine the mushroom mixture, bread cubes, sausage, broth and bacon; toss to coat. , Transfer to two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 222 calories, Fat 12g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 21mg cholesterol, Sodium 517mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
MUSHROOM AND SAUSAGE STUFFING
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Coat a large wide pot with olive oil and toss in the celery and onions. Season with salt and cook the veggies over medium-high heat until soft and very aromatic, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the sausage and cook, breaking it into really small pieces with a metal spoon or spatula, until it's really brown and yummy, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Add the white wine and cook until it has evaporated by half. (The mix will be pretty soupy, and that's okay.)
- Combine the bread with the sausage mixture in a large bowl. Toss in the walnuts and sage and pour about half the chicken stock into the bowl. Using your hands, work to combine everything well -- really get in there and squish it up; it's fun! Add the remaining stock as needed to create a really moist mix. Taste and season with salt, if needed.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9-by-13-inch baking dish and cover with foil. Bake until the stuffing is hot all the way through, about 30 minutes, then remove the foil and bake to brown the top, another 15 minutes.
TRADITIONAL SAUSAGE-MUSHROOM TURKEY STUFFING
My mother-in-law was famous for her wonderful turkey stuffing, which my husband always looked forward to at holiday time. When my in-laws moved to California, he was bemoaning that he wouldn't have that stuffing anymore! I asked my mother-in-law how she made it, but she didn't have it written down, and told me "a handful of this" and a "handful of that". Needless to say, when I attempted to recreate it, it was a disaster. I started building a recipe from scratch, and ended up incorporating mushrooms, which I love. Ultimately, my husband ending up preferring my stuffing! As they say, necessity is the mother of invention!
Provided by JackieOhNo
Yield 8 cups
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Pan fry sausage over medium-high heat until crumbled and cooked well. Set aside.
- In large fry pan, melt butter. Add celery, onion, and mushrooms. Saute until soft. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Cook down until about 1/3 of the liquid remains.
- In large bowl, toss bread cubes with poultry seasoning, thyme, salt, and pepper. Add sausage and drippings to bowl and stir. Add vegetables and broth mixture to bowl and stir. Add egg and mix until fully combined. Mixture should be moist and bind together easily. (If not, add more chicken broth.).
- Stuff neck and body cavities of turkey, or spoon into a greased 2-quart casserole and cover with foil. Truss turkey and roast as usual or, if baking, add casserole to oven about 30 minutes end of turkey roasting time and let bake for 45 minutes. I have also successfully made stuffing balls with this recipe, rolling the stuffing mixture into balls (I got about 15 of them), placing them on a greased, foil-lined baking sheet and baking in a 350-degree oven for about 25 minutes. They were moist and delicious!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 685, Fat 28.9, SaturatedFat 13, Cholesterol 107, Sodium 1185.9, Carbohydrate 76.4, Fiber 4.6, Sugar 8.7, Protein 28.7
SHIITAKE-MUSHROOM STUFFING AND SAUSAGE STUFFING
The base for these stuffings is the same, making it easy to serve both vegetarian and meat versions (for a full batch of meat stuffing, use an additional 1 1/2 pounds of sausage). This can accompany our Spice-Rubbed Roast Turkey.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large straight-sided skillet over medium heat. Add onions, leeks, celery, and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent and tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to a plate, and let stand until cool, about 5 minutes.
- If making sausage stuffing: Return skillet to medium heat, and add remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Stir in sausage, and cook, breaking into small pieces, until browned, about 9 minutes. Remove from skillet using a slotted spoon, and transfer to paper-towel-lined plates. Let drain.
- Combine onion-mushroom mixture, bread, apricots, sage, and thyme in a large bowl. Just before baking, pour stock and melted butter over top of mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- To make sausage stuffing: Transfer 5 cups stuffing to another large bowl, and mix in sausage.
- Let stuffings stand for 10 minutes, allowing bread to soak up liquid.
- To cook mushroom stuffing: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place stuffing in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, and bake until top is crisp and stuffing is heated through, 50 to 55 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- To cook sausage stuffing, follow directions for stuffing spice-rubbed roast turkey (recipe above), or preheat oven to 375, transfer stuffing to a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, and bake until top is crisp and stuffing is heated through, 45 to 50 minutes. Serve warm.
More about "sausage and mushroom stuffing recipes"
SAUSAGE MUSHROOM THANKSGIVING STUFFING - A SPICY …
5/5 (13)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory Side DishCalories 360 per serving
- Cut the bread loaf into 3/4-inch cubes and lay them out so they dry out a little. (This can be done several days ahead.)
- Place a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the butter and pork sausage. Break the sausage into small pieces with a wooden spoon and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the onions and celery. Cook for a couple minutes, then stir in the mushrooms. Sauté until the sausage is cooked through and the mushrooms are soft, about 5 more minutes. Stir in the fresh chopped herbs, then turn off the heat.
THE BEST STUFFING RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN | FOOD …
5/5 (3)Author Food Network KitchenServings 8-10Category Side-Dish
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon and breaking up any clumps, until browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer the sausage with a slotted spoon to a large bowl.
- Add the wine to the skillet and cook until almost all the liquid has evaporated, scraping up any browned bits, about 2 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of the butter to the skillet, and then add the mushrooms. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and some pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms brown and have cooked down to about half their original volume, about 5 minutes. Transfer the mushrooms with a slotted spoon to the bowl with the sausage.
- Melt the remaining 7 tablespoons butter in the skillet. Then add the celery, onions, sage and thyme and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the broth and bring to a simmer.
CHEF ANNE BURRELL’S SAUSAGE AND MUSHROOM STUFFING | …
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
APPLE SAUSAGE STUFFING WITH MUSHROOMS AND FRESH HERBS
4.8/5 (5)Total Time 2 hrs 30 minsCategory ThanksgivingCalories 344 per serving
- Toast bread on a baking sheet for 15 minutes, then remove. Toast pecans in oven for about 7 minutes.
- In large mixing bowl, combine bread, dried thyme, rubbed sage, and salt and pepper. Add pecans and mix gently.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat and add onions, celery, and mushrooms. Sauté until slightly tender. Add fresh parsley, sage, thyme, and rosemary and cook for another minute.
A CLASSIC SAUSAGE AND MUSHROOM STUFFING RECIPE - FOOD REPUBLIC
Servings 8Estimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
HERBED BREAD STUFFING WITH MUSHROOMS & SAUSAGE RECIPE ...
5/5 (21)Calories 208 per serving See details »
SAUSAGE AND MUSHROOM STUFFING RECIPE - SHE WEARS MANY HATS
4.4/5 (42)Category RecipesServings 12Total Time 1 hr 20 mins See details »
THE BEST STUFFING RECIPE EVER · ERICA'S RECIPES SAUSAGE ...
4.9/5 (20)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory Side DishCalories 445 per serving See details »
SAUSAGE AND MUSHROOM STUFFING RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (2)Calories 187 per servingServings 12
- Remove casings from sausage. Cook the sausage in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Place sausage in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, and mushrooms; cover and cook 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in thyme and the next 4 ingredients (thyme through pepper). Add the onion mixture, bread, and parsley to sausage; toss gently to combine. Add Homemade Turkey Stock, and stir until moist.
MAKE AHEAD THANKSGIVING MUSHROOM SAUSAGE STUFFING - KROLL ...
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 12 hrs 55 minsCategory Side Dish
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add celery and onions; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sauté until vegetables are soft, about 5-7 minutes. Scrape into very large bowl.
- Add 1 Tbsp. oil to same skillet. Add mushrooms; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sauté until mushrooms brown and liquid evaporates, about 4-5 minutes. Scrape mushrooms into bowl with celery.
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp. oil and sausage to same skillet. Sauté until brown and cooked through, about 8 minutes; add to bowl with vegetables.
MUSHROOM/SAUSAGE STUFFING RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (8)Total Time 20 minsCategory VegetableCalories 445 per serving See details »
POTATOES STUFFED WITH SAUSAGE AND MUSHROOMS - LIDIA
See details »
SAUSAGE AND MUSHROOM STUFFINS - OLIVIA’S CROUTONS COMPANY INC
See details »
GLUTEN FREE THANKSGIVING! SAUSAGE AND MUSHROOM STUFFING ...
See details »
HOLIDAY STUFFING WITH MUSHROOMS AND SAUSAGE - ROMBAUER ...
See details »
STUFFING IS THE SUPERIOR THANKSGIVING SIDE DISH, SO HERE'S ...
See details »
TRADITIONAL MUSHROOM STUFFING – FAR WEST FUNGI
See details »
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make sausage mushroom turkey stuffing?In large bowl, toss bread cubes with poultry seasoning, thyme, salt, and pepper. Add sausage and drippings to bowl and stir. Add vegetables and broth mixture to bowl and stir. Add egg and mix until fully combined. Mixture should be moist and bind together easily. (If not, add more chicken broth.).
What kind of sausage do you use for stuffing?Pork sausage – Use ground Italian sausage or pork breakfast sausage. Button mushrooms – You can use any variety of mushrooms you like! Butter – Because all good stuffing recipes need a little butter. Or a lot. Sweet onion – I like sweet onions, but you can select any onion variety you prefer.
How to cook mushrooms in a skillet with sausage?Season with 1 teaspoon salt and some pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms brown and have cooked down to about half their original volume, about 5 minutes. Transfer the mushrooms with a slotted spoon to the bowl with the sausage. Melt the remaining 7 tablespoons butter in the skillet.
How long to cook potatoes with sausage and mushrooms?Cook, stirring to break up the sausage, until the sausage is no longer pink, about 5 to 6 minutes. Add the mushrooms, and season all with the remaining teaspoon of salt. Cook and stir until the mushrooms and chopped potato are just tender, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from heat, and scrape into a large bowl to cool slightly, about 5 minutes.