SAUSAGE MUSHROOM PIE
A ready-to-bake pie shell speeds along the preparation of this delicious, hearty brunch dish. It's really satisfying during the cold winter months.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6-8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spinach and mushrooms. Combine eggs and mozzarella cheese; fold into sausage mixture. Spoon into pastry shell. , Cover and bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled quiche in plastic and foil. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap quiche; reheat in oven until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts :
SAUSAGE & MUSHROOM POT PIES
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and cook for 5 mins until softened, then push to one side. Squeeze the meat from the sausages and roll into balls. Add to the pan and fry for 5 mins until golden. Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 mins more until softened.
- Season, then stir in the mustard, crème fraîche and 4 tbsp water. Bubble for 2 mins, then remove from the heat and scatter in the parsley.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Transfer sausage mixture to 2 small pie dishes or 1 large baking dish. Toss the ciabatta in the remaining oil, scatter over the top of the pies and bake for 20 mins until golden and bubbling.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 757 calories, Fat 53 grams fat, SaturatedFat 20 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 40 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 9 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 29 grams protein, Sodium 4.5 milligram of sodium
UPSIDE-DOWN SAUSAGE AND MUSHROOM PIZZA
Provided by Robin Miller : Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and cook for 3 minutes, or until browned and cooked through, breaking up the meat as it cooks with a wooden spoon. Add onion and mushrooms and cook 2 minutes, until soft. Add pasta sauce, pizza sauce and olives and bring to a simmer, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer sauce to the bottom of a 13 by 9-inch baking dish. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and oil until blended. Whisk in flour and salt until well blended. Pour mixture over sauce in pan. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
SUNNY'S EASY SAUSAGE AND MUSHROOM RIGATONI PIE
- For the sauce. In a pan with straight sides on medium heat, add the olive oil and sausage. Crumble the sausage into bits, not boulders, and cook until browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the sausage with a slotted spoon to a plate, leaving the fat in the pan. Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook until wilted and darkened, 6 to 8 minutes. Season with pepper and remove from the heat. Add the sausage back to the pan along with the pasta sauce and stir.
- For the pasta: Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the rigatoni to the boiling water and cook until very al dente. Drain and spread out on a cooling rack to prevent sticking. Let cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add the rigatoni to a bowl and sprinkle with the Parmesan and parsley. Gently toss with your hands.
- Coat the inside bottom and sides of a springform pan with cooking spray. Begin lining the rigatoni on end (vertically) around the edge of the pan, creating a border. Pack the pasta pieces tightly, but not so tight that the holes in the rigatoni close. Toss the remaining rigatoni in the sauce, then pour into the center of the pan. Gently press the mixture to level it off.
- For the topping: Arrange the provolone slices in an overlapping spiral to cover the pasta mixture, then top with the mozzarella. Gently press everything down with your hands. Bake until the top is bubbly and golden around the edges, 30 to 35 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before releasing the springform. Serve topped with Parmesan, parsley and basil.
MUSHROOM, LEEK, AND SAUSAGE POT PIE
- Roll out each puff pastry sheet to an even thickness. Cut two 8-inch rounds from each sheet using a sharp knife.
- Line bottom and sides of two 8-inch pie tins with pastry rounds. Reserve 2 pastry rounds for tops of pies. Place pie tins and tops on a baking sheet; transfer to the refrigerator.
- Cook and stir sausage in a skillet over medium heat until browned, about 5 minutes. Drain excess grease. Add butter, carrots, leek, and garlic; cook and stir until leek softens, about 5 minutes.
- Stir mushrooms into the skillet; cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in flour for 1 minute. Pour in vegetable broth slowly; add Dijon mustard, cayenne pepper, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Divide sausage mixture evenly between the pie tins. Cover with pastry tops.
- Whisk egg and water together in a small bowl to make egg wash. Brush egg wash over pastry tops.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 35 minutes. Cool briefly before slicing, about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 622.7 calories, Carbohydrate 49.6 g, Cholesterol 80.9 mg, Fat 41.9 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 13.1 g, SaturatedFat 13 g, Sodium 600.4 mg, Sugar 4.6 g
SAUSAGE MUSHROOM QUICHE
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Prepare the mushrooms by snipping off the stems. Cut in half if large.
- Crumble the sausage in a large skillet, add the mushrooms, cook on medium-high heat until the meat and mushrooms are lightly browned and all the liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated. Drain off the grease. Add the parsley.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, adding the cream, cheese and salt. Pour into the mushroom/sausage mixture; blending well. Pour mixture into the pie shell.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until crust is well browned and the filling is set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 612.1 calories, Carbohydrate 20.6 g, Cholesterol 166.7 mg, Fat 50.3 g, Fiber 2.8 g, Protein 19.9 g, SaturatedFat 18.6 g, Sodium 1101.3 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
SAUSAGE MUSHROOM QUICHE
"I created this tasty pie to get our family to eat a filling breakfast," explains Shirley Biel of Tallahassee, Florida. A prepared pastry crust, Italian sausage and vegetables make this all-in-one meal a great way to start any day.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large bowl, combine the sausage, cheese, mushrooms, green pepper and onion; sprinkle into pastry shell. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, cream, mustard, salt and pepper; pour over sausage mixture., Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts :
More about "sausage mushroom pie recipes"
SAUSAGE AND MUSHROOM PIE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
Servings 6Total Time 2 hrs
SAUSAGE AND MUSHROOM PIE | THE SALTY POT
Cuisine North AmericanTotal Time 1 hrCategory DINNERCalories 440 per serving
- While the potatoes are boiling, open the crescent rolls, and fit the crescent pieces into a greased 9" pie plate. Squish the seams together to form one large crust and using a fork, prick the crust all over.
SAUSAGE AND MUSHROOM POT PIE - CHATELAINE
CHICKEN , SAUSAGE, AND MUSHROOM POT PIE | TASTY KITCHEN: A …
SAUSAGE AND MUSHROOMS RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
SAUSAGE PIE WITH CELERY AND MUSHROOMS RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
SAUSAGE MUSHROOM QUICHE - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS
SAUSAGE PIE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
SAUSAGE MUSHROOM PIE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF …
SAUSAGE AND MUSHROOM PIE - COOKEATSHARE
POTATO AND SAUSAGE PIE RECIPE - COOKIST
MUSHROOM AND SAUSAGE POT PIE WITH BISCUIT TOPPING
MUSHROOM AND SAUSAGE PIE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
SPINACH, SAUSAGE, MUSHROOM, CHEESE QUICHE - BELLY LAUGH LIVING
SAUSAGE AND MUSHROOM PASTA IS A SIMPLE RECIPE FOR A SPECIAL MEAL.
SAUSAGE, SPINACH & MUSHROOM PIE | RUSTIC PLATE
CHICKEN, SAUSAGE, AND MUSHROOM POT PIE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
SAUSAGE GALETTE (CARAMELIZED ONION AND MUSHROOM SAVORY …
10 BEST SAUSAGE MUSHROOM CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SAUSAGE AND MASH PIE RECIPE | VEGAN IN LOVE
SAUSAGE MUSHROOM PIE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
SAUSAGE AND MUSHROOM POT PIE - CHATELAINE | RECIPE | POT PIE, …
SAUSAGE-MUSHROOM PIE RECIPE | PEARL VALLEY CHEESE
SAUSAGE MUSHROOM PIZZA RECIPE - LIFEMADEDELICIOUS.CA
SAUSAGE & MASH PIE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
SAUSAGE MUSHROOM PIZZA RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
DEEP DISH SAUSAGE AND MUSHROOM PIE RECIPE | MINNESOTA MONTHLY
SAUSAGE COTTAGE PIE RECIPE BY PAUL GAYLER - THE SPRUCE EATS
SAUSAGE KALE AND MUSHROOM POT PIE | OLIVE & MANGO
CHICKEN, SAUSAGE AND MUSHROOM PIE - LAVENDER AND LOVAGE
SAUSAGE SHEPHERD’S PIE - RICARDO
SAUSAGE MUSHROOM PIE | RECIPE | STUFFED MUSHROOMS, MUSHROOM …
VEGETARIAN SAUSAGE PIE (PUFF PASTRY) - EVERYDAY HEALTHY RECIPES
1-DISH SAUSAGE & MUSHROOM PIZZA BAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SAUSAGE MUSHROOM PIE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
SAUSAGE STUFFED MUSHROOMS - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
SAUSAGE PEPPER MUSHROOM SPAGHETTI PIE - THE GOLD LINING GIRL
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook sausage and mushrooms in the oven?Heat oven to 400°F (425°F for all other pan types). In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add sausage, and cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink. Using slotted spoon, transfer to small bowl. Add mushrooms to drippings in skillet; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened and browned.
What is the best way to cook a Pork Sausage Pie?Spread over sausage meat and press lightly. Spread mashed potatoes over vegetables. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 45 minutes or until pie is golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
How long to bake a mushroom pie?In a large bowl, beat the eggs, adding the cream, cheese and salt. Pour into the mushroom/sausage mixture; blending well. Pour mixture into the pie shell. Step 4 Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until crust is well browned and the filling is set.
How to cook Italian sausage for pastry?Directions. In a large bowl, combine the sausage, cheese, mushrooms, green pepper and onion; sprinkle into pastry shell. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, cream, mustard, salt and pepper; pour over sausage mixture. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.