SPICY TOMATO SOUP
- Drain 1 can tomatoes, discarding juice, then purée with remaining can tomatoes (including juice) in a blender.
- Cook onion, garlic, chile, and ginger in oil in a 4- to 5-quart heavy nonreactive pot over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until onion is softened, about 8 minutes. Add cumin and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in puréed tomatoes, broth, 1 tablespoon sugar, and 2 teaspoons salt and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes. Working in 3 or 4 batches, blend soup in blender until smooth (use caution when blending hot liquids). Transfer soup as blended to a sieve set over a large bowl and force through sieve, discarding seeds.
- Stir in sugar and salt to taste. Reheat in cleaned saucepan if necessary.
SPICY TOMATO SOUP
- In food processor combine tomatoes, scallions, jalapeno, juice of the lime, and red peppers. Process until smooth. Season with salt, pepper and a dash of Tabasco pepper sauce to taste. Chill and serve.
- PEELED TOMATOES
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Using a paring knife make an X on the bottom of each tomato. Lower tomatoes into boiling water for 30 to 45 seconds. Remove tomatoes to a bowl of ice water to stop cooking process. Tomatoes can now be peeled with fingers
SPICY TOMATO SOUP
- Heat olive oil in a deep saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until onions are soft and translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add salt, pepper, cilantro stems, and jalapeno.
- Strain tomatoes and add juice to saucepan. Seed tomatoes, chop coarsely, and add to saucepan. Add 2 cups water and stir to combine. Simmer for about 30 minutes. Add lime juice and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Divide among 4 soup bowls and serve with a dollop of sour cream.
SPICY TOMATO SOUP
This recipe has been in my family for as long as I can remember. Ever since I was a kid, I can remember my Mother's Tomato Soup on those cold winter's nights while sitting on the poarch on one of the cattle stations, listening to the quiet chatter of the stockmen preparing for an early start on Monday morning. Sunday evening was one of the few times of the week that we could have my Mum to ourselves. The rest of the week was rather busy with early morning starts and busy evenings perparing the bread dough, biscuits and cakes for breakfast and morning teas.
Provided by Chrissyo
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Slice tomatoes, onion and carrot.
- Melt butter in a medium size saucepan.
- Add the onion and carrot, cover, and allow to soften for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the plain flour, add tomatoes, stock or water, bay leaf, sugar, mace or nutmeg and seasoning.
- Stir until boiling, simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Rub soup through sieve, pour back into rinsed saucepan, and reheat.
- Adjust seasoning, and thicken slightly if necessary with a teaspoon or more of arrowroot blended with a tablespoon of cold water.
- Reboil to cook the arrowroot if used to thicken the soup.
- Add cream if used.
- If cream is added do not boil the soup.
- If required, a teaspoon of tomato paste may be added to the tomato soup for extra colour and flavour.
- Serve with crusty bread, the kind that you have to break apart with your hands.
- Feel free to dip your chunks of bread into the soup.
SPICY TOMATO SOUP
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onions and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent and very tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and their juices, plus the water, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the flavors have melded, about 30 minutes. (If you're in a hurry, you can skip the simmer time -- just add a bit less water.)
- Add the basil, season with salt and pepper, remove from the heat, and let cool briefly, about 5 minutes.
- Set a fine-mesh strainer over a large, heatproof bowl.
- Using a blender, purée the soup in batches until smooth, removing the small cap from the blender lid (the pour lid) and covering the space with a kitchen towel (this allows steam from the hot soup to escape and prevents the blender lid from popping off).
- Pour the blended soup through the strainer, pressing on the solids with a rubber spatula or ladle; discard the solids. Taste the soup and season with additional salt and pepper as needed.
- Return the soup to the saucepan and reheat on medium low until hot.
- If you choose, serve topped with a tablespoon of crème fraîche.
SPICY FRESH TOMATO SOUP
I attempted to make spicy tomato sauce out of fresh tomatoes and this soup is the result. We think it is a winner. If you simmer this for an additional 45 minutes, not covered, you will get a thick spicy sauce. This soup tastes great frozen and reheated.
Provided by FrackFamily5 CA->CT
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir until fragrant but not brown, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, wine, water, basil, tomato paste, sugar, pepper flakes, oregano, salt, and pepper. Cover, bring to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and puree soup with an immersion blender until smooth, or blend in batches in a blender. Return to the heat, stir in Parmesan cheese, and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes more. Serve immediately.
People also searched
More about "spicy tomato soup recipes"
SPICY TOMATO SOUP - PINCH OF NOM
2020-09-10 · Add the onion, celery and garlic to a large saucepan. Spray with low calorie cooking spray and gently fry over a medium heat for 10 minutes until the onions have …
- Add the onion, celery and garlic to a large saucepan. Spray with low calorie cooking spray and gently fry over a medium heat for 10 minutes until the onions have softened.
CAJUN SPICY TOMATO SOUP | SOUP FOR MARDI GRAS! | PASTRY ...
2019-02-20 · Add the chopped vegetables and spices (cajun seasoning, sweet and hot paprika, salt and pepper) and cook over medium heat until the vegetables are …
- Add the chopped vegetables and spices (cajun seasoning, sweet and hot paprika, salt and pepper) and cook over medium heat until the vegetables are softened but not browned.
- Add both cans of tomatoes and the liquid (stock or water). Bring to a boil, choppping up the tomatoes as the soup heats.
- Stir in the red wine vinegar and the sugar. Taste and adjust the seasonings, adding more spices, salt and/or pepper if you think the soup needs it.
SPICY TOMATO SOUP RECIPE - CHOWHOUND
2010-11-30 · 1 Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onions and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions …
- Add the onions and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent and very tender, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the flavors have melded, about 30 minutes.
BARBARA LYNCH'S SPICY TOMATO SOUP RECIPE ON FOOD52
2013-01-02 · Directions Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onions and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring occasionally, …
10 BEST SPICY TOMATO SOUP WITH FRESH TOMATOES RECIPES | YUMMLY
2021-08-23 · Spicy Tomato Soup with Fresh Tomatoes Recipes 33,386 Recipes. Last updated Aug 23, 2021. This search takes into account your taste preferences. 33,386 suggested recipes. Smokey Tomato Soup with Chickpeas KitchenAid. chickpeas, fresh lemon juice, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, vegetable broth and 7 more. Taco Soup …
QUICK AND SPICY TOMATO SOUP RECIPE | GIADA DE LAURENTIIS ...
2015-05-23 · Warm the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, onion, and garlic and saute until soft, about 2 minutes. Add the jar of marinara …
10 BEST SPICE UP TOMATO SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
Creamy Tomato Soup Recipe, How to make Tomato Soup Jolly Homemade Recipes By Jolly Naidu. tomatoes, black pepper, bay leaf, croutons, cream, water, butter and 7 more.
See details »
SPICY INDIAN TOMATO SOUP - THE FIERY VEGETARIAN
2019-11-22 · Instructions Add the chopped tomatoes and onion to your blender with the canned tomatoes and blend everything well. Get out your frying pan and heat the oil at a medium-high temperature. …
- Add the chopped tomatoes and onion to your blender with the canned tomatoes and blend everything well.
- Get out your frying pan and heat the oil at a medium-high temperature. When the oil is hot, add the cumin seeds and cardamom. When the cumin start to sizzle and darken (but don’t let them darken too much - black burnt cumin seeds are very bitter), add the crushed garlic and grated ginger.
- It’s super unscientific but sniff the cooking aroma and when the raw or uncooked smell of the garlic goes away, add the pureed tomatoes and onion. Stir quickly to avoid spattering unless you love scrubbing the back-splash after every meal.
- Turn down the heat to medium and simmer for two minutes, stirring just enough to avoid those apocalyptic bursts.
SPICY TOMATO SOUP - BLOGTASTIC FOOD
2018-09-12 · Add the stock and tomato puree to the pot, stir well and then bring to a boil. As soon as the mixture starts boiling, bring the heat down to gently simmer the soup. Simmer for another 5-10 …
- Get a pot over medium heat, add a dash of olive oil and start frying off the onions, garlic, chilli and celery for a few minutes. Add the tomatoes and keep frying for another 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the ingredients from the pot to a blender (do not discard the pot). Also add 3 quarters of your basil too (leave the rest for garnish). Add a splash of the stock just to help the ingredients blend together well. Blend until smooth, then transfer the mixture back to the pot.
- Add the stock and tomato puree to the pot, stir well and then bring to a boil. As soon as the mixture starts boiling, bring the heat down to gently simmer the soup.
- Simmer for another 5-10 minutes, stirring halfway through. Stirring the soup just ensures that it doesn't start sticking and/or burning at the bottom of the pot. If there are any foamy bits floating at the top, just use a large spoon to skim it off.
SPICY TOMATO CHOCOLATE SOUP – THE TRAVEL BITE
2020-09-07 · Heat oil and butter in a stock pot over medium high heat until butter melts. Add onion and sauté until translucent, approx. 5 mins. Add garlic, carrots, celery and sun dried tomatoes. Season …
- Add onion and sauté until translucent, approx. 5 mins. Add garlic, carrots, celery and sun dried tomatoes.
- Season with salt, pepper, harissa, paprika, cumin and coriander. Saute for a couple of minute to toast spices and soften vegetables.
- Add wine and continue cooking on high until all of the liquid has evaporated. Add tomatoes and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 45 mins or until the vegetables are tender.
HEALTHY TOMATO SOUP RECIPE - SPICY, VEGAN OR BOTH - IT'S ...
2019-10-22 · Slice the spring onions and add them to a suitably sized saucepan with the olive oil and some coriander stalks. Add the crushed garlic and cook for a few minutes. Then add the drained …
- Slice the spring onions and add them to a suitably sized saucepan with the olive oil and some coriander stalks.
- Then add the drained roasted peppers, the canned tomatoes and the rice. Add 750ml of hot water and season to taste with some salt and pepper. If you wish to make a spicy tomato soup then add the ½ sliced red jalapeno.
SPICY TOMATO VEGETABLE SOUP - HEALTHY CANNING
2016-10-21 · Recipe source. Spicy Tomato Vegetable Soup. So Easy to Preserve: Canning Vegetables. 2005. National Center for Home Food Processing and Preservation and the Cooperative Extension Service, University of Georgia, Athens. (Video). Modifications: added replacement suggestion of tinned, diced tomato…
SPICY TOMATO SOUP WITH RED LENTILS - THE LAST FOOD BLOG
2015-09-17 · Step by step instructions. Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the chopped onion, celery and carrot and cook until soft. Add the spices, herbs, garlic and the tomato puree (paste) and cook for …
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.Add the chopped onion, celery and carrot and cook for 10 minutes. Stir the vegetables occasionally.
- Add 2 cloves of minced garlic, ¼ teaspoon of dried red chilli flakes, ⅛ teaspoon of cayenne pepper, ½ a teaspoon of dried oregano, 1 level teaspoon of ground cumin and the chopped coriander (cilantro) stems to the onion mixture and stir well.Cook for a minute then add a heaped tablespoon of tomato puree and stir it into the vegetables.
- Now pour in the chopped tomatoes and the vegetable stock and stir well, then add the lentils to the pan. Stir well again.Add the bay leaf and season with the salt and black pepper.Simmer for 20 minutes or until the red lentils are cooked.Stir in the chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves now.You can now blend the soup if you wish. I use a handheld blender to blend the soup.Serve with a dollop of yoghurt and a scatter of chopped coriander(cilantro) leaves.
SPICY TOMATO AND CHICKPEA SOUP RECIPE | THE HUNGRY HUTCH
2020-03-31 · Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add the tomatoes, chickpeas, and water to the saucepan; bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes. Taste and adjust for seasoning. Ladle the soup …
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, Italian seasoning, salt, red pepper flakes, and black pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions have softened and start to turn translucent, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
- Add the tomatoes, chickpeas, and water to the saucepan; bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes. Taste and adjust for seasoning. Ladle the soup into bowls, drizzle with some olive oil, and sprinkle with some red pepper flakes, if desired.
SPICY TOMATO SOUP MASALA | INDIAN | VEGETARIAN | RECIPE
How to Make Spicy Tomato Soup Masala. Mix all the ingredients. Heat ghee, add ingredients and roast on low flame till crisp and golden. It should give off a strong spicy aroma. Cool. Pound to a coarse …
- Cool. , Pound to a coarse powder, either using a mortar and pestle or dry grind in a mixie , Use as required. , ,.
7 FOOD IDEAS | FOOD, RECIPES, TOMATO SOUP RECIPES
See more ideas about food, recipes, tomato soup recipes. Nov 17, 2017 - Explore Jyoti Deshpande Namjoshi's board "Food" on Pinterest. See more ideas about food, recipes, tomato soup recipes. Pinterest. Today. Explore. When the auto-complete results are available, use the up and down arrows to review and Enter to select. Touch device users can explore by touch or with swipe gestures. Log in ...
SPICY TOMATO SOUP, CREAMY TOMATO SOUP RECIPE
2020-11-03 · A tangy soup that is aromatic and spicy. Tomatoes introduce tartness to the soup, while blended carrots add thickness, making it a filling meal. Milk is added to balance the tanginess of the tomatoes and lemon juice. Plenty of pepper, chillies and garlic enhance the spice quotient. It is perfect if you want something light and tickles your taste buds- the spicy tomato soup, is thoroughly ...
SPICY TOMATO SOUP RECIPE WITH CHIPOTLE - OLIVEMAGAZINE
2020-02-10 · Put the tomatoes, tomato purée, garlic and ginger in a blender or food processor with the stock and whizz until smooth. Pour into a large pan and add the chipotle, ¾ of the coriander, green pepper, most of the chilli and seasoning. Bring to a simmer and cook on a medium heat for 10 minutes, then add the rice and cook for another 10-15 minutes or until the rice is tender. Add a little water ...
SPICY + CREAMY TOMATO SOUP AND GRILLED CHEESE - THE …
In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat. Add the crushed chili flake and paprika. Make sure it doesn’t burn. Add tomatoes, basil, sugar, oregano, salt and pepper.
SPICED TOMATO SOUP RECIPE - BBC FOOD
For the soup, heat the olive oil in a frying pan until hot and fry the onions for 2-3 minutes, or until just softened. Add the garlic, chillies, tomato paste and tomatoes and fry for another 2-3...
SPICY TOMATO SOUP RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
Slowly add chicken broth, 1 cup at a time, stirring continuously and allowing sauce to thicken slightly. Continue adding broth until all is incorporated and thickened. Begin adding the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes, stirring continuously, allowing mixture to thicken. Season with hot sauce, honey, dill weed, pepper, chili powder.
SPICY TOMATO SOUP | BBC GOOD FOOD
Fry the chopped onion and bacon if using in a small knob of butter/oil for about 5 mins STEP 2 Add cubed potato and quatered tomatoes, sugar and water simmer gently with the lid on a pan until potato is well cooked. Allow to cool slightly
See details »
28 SERIOUSLY SPICY SOUP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
2021-07-26 · This spicy tomato, spinach, and lentil soup is seasoned with cardamom, cumin, cayenne pepper, and curry powder. It's bursting with flavor and hearty enough for colder days. Blend the soup until smooth or you can leave it chunky for a more rustic feel.
See details »
60-minutes-or-less time-to-make course main-ingredient cuisine preparation occasion south-west-pacific low-protein healthy soups-stews vegetables australian vegetarian stove-top dietary low-sodium low-cholesterol low-calorie comfort-food low-carb healthy-2 low-in-something taste-mood equipment