FLOUNDER WITH BROWN BUTTER, LEMON AND TARRAGON
The flatfish family is comprised of numerous popular fish, including sole, halibut and flounder. But all the various boneless fillets are relatively interchangeable and can be prepared in more or less the same way, adjusting cooking time according to size. These pan-cooked fillets are quick, simple and elegant.
Provided by David Tanis
Categories dinner, quick, weekday, seafood, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Put flour in a low bowl or pie plate and stir in a generous amount of salt and pepper and a pinch of cayenne.
- Place a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and tilt pan to coat bottom.
- Season the fillets lightly with salt and pepper. Dip each fillet quickly into flour mixture, shaking off excess flour.
- Lay fillets in skillet in one layer. Cook for about 2 minutes per side, until golden. Transfer cooked fish to a warm platter.
- Leave the heat at medium-high and add cold butter. Let butter sizzle until foamy and brown, but do not let it burn. Add lemon juice, parsley and chopped tarragon and swirl to incorporate.
- Spoon butter sauce over fish. Garnish with a few tarragon leaves and serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 364, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 25 grams, Fat 16 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 28 grams, SaturatedFat 7 grams, Sodium 591 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams, TransFat 0 grams
Ramp season is long awaited and often fleeting, so when they are finally available at the farmers' market we find ourselves buying as many ramps as we can and preserving them in different ways for the months to come. This butter is one of our favorite preparations. Blanching the ramps first helps to soften their often sharp flavor and extends their freezer life. The ways to use this delectable butter are endless, but some of our favorites are melting a slice on grilled steak, stuffing it into a baked potato or slathering it on fresh corn.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 10 to 12 servings (10 ounces)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil over high heat; prepare a large bowl of ice water. Add the ramps to the boiling water and stir to submerge. Let cook until wilted and dark green, about 1 minute. Immediately transfer to the ice water with tongs and swirl around until completely cooled. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Roughly chop the ramps and transfer to a food processor (see Cook's Note). Pulse the ramps until they are finely chopped, about 8 pulses. Add the butter, lemon zest, 1 teaspoon salt and the crushed red pepper flakes if using. Process, scraping down the sides halfway through, until the butter is dark green and everything is well combined, about 2 minutes.
- There are several ways to store the ramp butter. You can transfer it to an airtight container and refrigerate it for up to 7 days. You can also transfer the butter to a piece of plastic wrap and roll it into a log, tying off the ends to fully enclose it. Freeze the log for up to 3 months, slicing off pats of butter and re-wrapping whenever you want some.
Make and share this Flounder Saute recipe from Food.com.
Provided by bramble
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oil in non-stick skillet.
- Cook onion until translucent.
- Add pepper and tomatoes.
- Cover and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Add capers, olives, parsley.
- Put flounder fillet on top and spoon some juices over it.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer about 5 minutes, until done.
LEMON SAUTEED FLOUNDER
Make and share this Lemon Sauteed Flounder recipe from Food.com.
Provided by chia2160
Categories Lactose Free
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- mix breadcrumbs with salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- dredge flounder in crumbs, shake off excess.
- heat oil in saute pan, add fillets and saute until browned, aprox 2-3 mins per side.
- remove to a plate and keep warm.
- add wine, garlic, lemon juice, orange juice and rind, boil to thicken, 1-2 minutes.
- add scallions, remove from heat and swirl in butter.
- serve over fish,.
- garnish with chives.
FLOUNDER WITH HERB BLOSSOM BUTTER
Herb blossom butter sounds fancy, but it's really just a prettier, more floral, summery version of herb butter, perfect with any white-fleshed fish, salmon or trout. If you have no access to flowering herbs, simply use chives, thyme and dill instead to make a plain herb butter. Look for herb blossoms at farmers markets or buy a couple of blooming potted herb plants, or ask a friend with a vegetable garden. Edible flowers and all sorts of herb blossoms are also available online.
Provided by David Tanis
Categories dinner, seafood, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Make the herb blossom butter: Put butter in a bowl. Add chives, chive blossoms, dill, thyme blossoms, mustard blossoms if using, Dijon mustard, whole-grain mustard, lemon zest and lemon juice. Add a big pinch of salt and black pepper. Mix well with a fork until well combined. With wet hands, form butter into a log shape, then wrap and chill. Bring to cool room temperature to serve.
- Prepare the fish: Put flour in a low bowl or pie plate and season with salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Season fish on both sides with salt and pepper. Dip each fillet in seasoned flour on both sides, shaking off excess, and transfer to a large plate.
- Put 2 large skillets over medium-high heat and film bottoms with oil. When oil is hot, carefully place 2 fillets in each pan. (Alternatively, work in batches with 1 pan.)
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until fish is nicely browned on one side. Flip fillets with a spatula and cook for 2 minutes more, until fish flakes easily when probed.
- Transfer fish to warm platter or individual warmed plates. With a paring knife, cut herb butter into 8 thin slices and lay 2 slices atop each fillet. Sprinkle with extra herb blossoms, if you wish, and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 502, UnsaturatedFat 14 grams, Carbohydrate 25 grams, Fat 34 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 25 grams, SaturatedFat 16 grams, Sodium 567 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams, TransFat 1 gram
SAUTEED SOLE OR FLOUNDER
Make and share this Sauteed Sole or Flounder recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Bev I Am
Categories Very Low Carbs
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet until hot.
- Dip the fish first in buttermilk, then in the flour, shaking to remove excess flour.
- Sauté fish for 2-3 minutes per side, depending on thickness of fish.
- Remove fish from the pan, drain on paper toweling or a paper bag.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
- With Browned Butter and Almonds: After the fish is cooked through, place on a hot serving dish and keep warm. Clean out the pan and add about 3 TBSP butter. Cook the butter over medium heat until it is lightly browned, adding 2 TBSP slivered almonds just as the color of the butter is turning. Pour the browned butter and almonds over the fish.
- With Herbs and Butter: Follow directions above, but adding chopped chives and parsley (or chopped sweet marjoram or chirvil) to the butter. Sauté the herbs with the butter for 30 seconds. Pour the herb butter over the fish before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 291.4, Fat 17.5, SaturatedFat 6.6, Cholesterol 104.6, Sodium 199.2, Protein 32.2
EASY, EXCELLENT BAKED FLOUNDER
This is a great recipe for a night when you're feeling lazy - only a few ingredients, nothing to chop, easy cleanup, and very yummy! My husband announced the fish was 'excellent,' and he's not usually one to rave about food.
Provided by ahnjy
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Rinse flounder fillets, pat dry, and place on the baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk butter and wine together in a bowl; pour over flounder. Sprinkle each fillet with bread crumbs and then paprika.
- Bake in the preheated oven until flounder flakes easily with a fork, 25 to 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 237.9 calories, Carbohydrate 4.3 g, Cholesterol 90.7 mg, Fat 13.3 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 22.3 g, SaturatedFat 7.7 g, Sodium 313.8 mg, Sugar 0.5 g
More about "sauteed flounder with seasoned brown butter recipes"
WHAT TO EAT: SAUTéED FLOUNDER IN BROWNED BUTTER
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
PAN-FRIED FLOUNDER WITH BROWN BUTTER RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
FLOUNDER WITH BROWN BUTTER, GARLIC & LEMON - MY …
GARLIC BUTTER FLOUNDER - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
GARLIC AND DILL BAKED FLOUNDER RECIPE IN BROWN BUTTER - | RECIPE ...
SAUTEED FISH IN BUTTER - THERESCIPES.INFO
SAUTéED FLOUNDER WITH FRESH HERBS RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
PAN SEARED FLOUNDER WITH FRIED ROSEMARY AND GARLIC RECIPE
BROWNED BUTTER FLOUNDER WITH LEMON SNAP PEAS RECIPE
FLOUNDER IN BROWN BUTTER AND MARSALA - CHEF PHILI CUISINE
HOW TO COOK FLOUNDER FILET IN A PAN | LIVESTRONG
PAN-FRIED FLOUNDER WITH LEMON BUTTER SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
THE BEST WAY TO COOK FLOUNDER [10 DELICIOUS FLOUNDER …
SAUTEED HADDOCK FILLET RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
SAUTEED FLOUNDER OR TILAPIA WITH LEMON-BUTTER SAUCE JUST LIKE
BAKED STUFFED FLOUNDER RECIPE | ALTON BROWN | COOKING CHANNEL
BAKED FLOUNDER WITH HERB-CAPER BUTTER RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SAUTEED FLOUNDER - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
FLOUNDER RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
BAKED FLOUNDER WITH LEMON AND BUTTER RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BAKED FLOUNDER WITH SEASONED LEMON BUTTER | SHELLFISH RECIPES, …
LEMON BUTTER FLOUNDER RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SAUTEED FLOUNDER AND SPICY REMOULADE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BAKED FLOUNDER WITH LEMON-GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE RECIPE - FEATURE …
SAUTéED FLOUNDER WITH CRISPY RYE CRUST | THE CITY COOK, INC.
A DELICATE TREATMENT FOR A JUST-AS-DELICATE FISH ... - THE NEW YORK …
FLOUNDER WITH LEMON BUTTER SAUCE RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
BAKED FLOUNDER WITH LEMON GARLIC BUTTER - RANTS FROM MY CRAZY …
RECIPE: SAUTéED FLOUNDER WITH BABY ROOT VEGETABLES & BROWN …
SAUTéED FLOUNDER WITH GREEN BEANS AND POTATOES RECIPE
SAUTEED FLOUNDER RECIPES - FOOD NEWS - FOODNEWSNEWS.COM
RESTAURANT QUALITY SAGE BROWN BUTTER SAUCE RECIPE
SAUTEED FLOUNDER WITH ORANGE-SHALLOT SAUCE RECIPE - EATINGWELL
10 BEST PAN FRIED FLOUNDER FILLET RECIPES | YUMMLY
RECIPE: ROASTED FLOUNDER | SALT WATER SPORTSMAN
FLOUNDER MEUNIERE - CHATTAVORE | RECIPE | FLOUNDER RECIPES, …
FLOUNDER IN BUTTER - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love