SAUTEED SCALLOPS WITH MUSTARD
Quick, easy and tasty. Can be used as an appetizer for 6 to 12 or a starter course for 6 or a meal for 2. Recipe says 4. Try this with a good spicy gewurztiaminer (what a mouthful just to say it) wine. Excellent.
Provided by Tebo3759
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Cook scallops 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Saute spinach 1 minute and season to taste.
- Add cream, mustard and curry.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Add scallops to warm.
- Serve in a soup bowl.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 190, Fat 15.7, SaturatedFat 6.2, Cholesterol 45.7, Sodium 156.9, Carbohydrate 3.7, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 0.3, Protein 9.4
SAUTEED SEA SCALLOPS WITH MUSTARD SAUCE
- Remove tough muscle from side of each scallop if necessary. Pat scallops dry and season with salt and pepper. In a 10-to 12-inch non-stick skillet heat oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and sauté scallops 1 to 2 minutes on each side (depending on size), or until golden and just cooked through. Transfer scallops with tongs to a plate and keep warm, covered loosely.
- In oil remaining in skillet cook shallot over moderate heat, stirring, until softened. Add wine and boil, scraping up brown bits, 1 minute. Stir in water and mustard and simmer until reduced to about 1/4 cup. Add butter and swirl skillet, returning skillet to heat as necessary, until butter is just incorporated into sauce. Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Spoon sauce onto a small platter or 2 plates. Top sauce with scallops and sprinkle with scallion. Serve scallops with caraway rice cakes.
SAUTEED SCALLOPS WITH WITH LEMON-MUSTARD SAUCE
- Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper; dust with flour. Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Add scallops; sauté until brown and just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Remove skillet from heat. Using tongs, transfer scallops to platter. Add butter, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons water and mustard to skillet and scrape up browned bits. Place skillet over medium-low heat. Whisk until sauce simmers and thickens, about 2 minutes. Season sauce with salt and pepper; spoon over scallops.
Sea scallops and bay scallops differ in size and sweetness. They also cook a little differently. I love a good hard sear on a sea scallop, a little crust, and a splash of wine in the butter at the end to provide a silky acidity against the sweet of the meat. For the tiny, sweet bay scallop, though, I prefer a gentle butter bath. Whichever you cook, be very careful not to overcook. Indeed, there is almost no such thing as an undercooked scallop.
Provided by Sam Sifton
Categories seafood, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place a large sauté pan or skillet over medium-high heat, and add to it 3 tablespoons of the butter. When it has melted and started to foam, place the scallops in the pan in a single layer, and season with a pinch or two of salt.
- Cook scallops without moving until the bottoms are golden brown, approximately 2 to 3 minutes, then turn them over, add the wine and cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 158, UnsaturatedFat 3 grams, Carbohydrate 4 grams, Fat 9 grams, Protein 14 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Sodium 446 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams, TransFat 0 grams
A very simple recipe for how delicious it is! Just crush the garlic with the side of a chef's knife blade instead of chopping it, and using whole sprigs of rosemary allows them to be easily removed before serving.
Provided by Pati
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In a medium size saucepan melt butter over medium-high heat. Add crushed garlic and whole sprigs of rosemary to the saucepan. Add scallops, cook for 2 minutes on each side (or until desired consistency). Remove the garlic and rosemary from pan. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 408.6 calories, Carbohydrate 6.5 g, Cholesterol 135.9 mg, Fat 24.8 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 38.5 g, SaturatedFat 14.8 g, Sodium 529.6 mg
I found this in our local paper years ago. It is very easy to put together and can easily be doubled or tripled. It would make a nice first course or, coupled with some pasta or rice, a nice and light dinner.
Provided by Normaone
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Rinse, drain and pat dry scallops.
- Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Add scallops and saute 1 minute.
- Transfer scallops to a dish.
- Add sherry to skillet and cook 30 seconds to reduce liquid.
- Stir in mustard and cream.
- Return scallops to skillet.
- Cook until scallops are heated through, about 30 seconds.
- Season with salt& pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 315.1, Fat 4.8, SaturatedFat 1.9, Cholesterol 66.5, Sodium 536.8, Carbohydrate 10, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 1.8, Protein 29.8
SAUTéED SCALLOPS WITH MUSHROOMS & SPINACH SAUCE
- Melt a knob of butter in a frying pan. Once sizzling, add the mushrooms and fry for just a min or two before adding the spinach. Cook on a high heat for about 1 min, allowing the leaves to wilt and soften. Drain the leaves and mushrooms in a sieve or small colander set over a bowl, pressing them gently in the sieve to release the juices (the juices will provide the base for the sauce, so don't discard them). Keep warm to one side.
- Heat the oil in a separate clean frying pan. When very hot, add the scallops. Sauté for a couple of mins without disturbing them at all, then add a knob of butter to the pan. Turn the scallops, season with salt and pepper, then baste with the sizzling butter. Continue to cook for a further couple of mins until the scallops are ready.
- While sautéing the scallops, return the saved spinach juices to the pan the spinach and mushrooms were cooked in, then whisk in the remaining knob of butter to create the sauce. Season with salt and pepper and a grating of nutmeg.
- Now finish in style: Arrange spinach and mushrooms on plates or in bowls, sit the scallops on top, then spoon the nutmeg spinach sauce around.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 264 calories, Fat 18 grams fat, SaturatedFat 9 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 2 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 1 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 25 grams protein, Sodium 1.59 milligram of sodium
SAUTEED VENISON CHOPS WITH COGNAC MUSTARD GLAZE
- Season the chops slightly with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a frying pan and saute the chops until rare or medium rare. Remove and keep them warm in a low oven.
- Deglaze the frying pan with the Cognac and stock. Add the mustard and thyme leaves and cook over high heat a minute or two until sauce is slightly thickened. Add any juices from the chops. Correct seasoning.
- Spoon some sauce over each chop and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 241, UnsaturatedFat 4 grams, Carbohydrate 2 grams, Fat 8 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 31 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 450 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 0 grams
More about "sauteed scallops with mustard recipes"
SAUTEED SEA SCALLOPS WITH MUSTARD SAUCE — THE MUSTARD SEED ...
Email [email protected]Phone (607) 379-4882Location 408 Lakeshore Drive Canandaigua, NY 14424 USA
PIERRE FRANEY - RECIPES - SAUTEED SCALLOPS WITH SNOW PEAS
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH MUSTARD GREENS AND ... - RECIPE CRITIQUE
SAUTEED SCALLOPS WITH WHITE WINE REDUCTION RECIPE ...
SAUTEED SEA SCALLOPS WITH MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE | YUMMLY ...
SAUTéED SCALLOPS WITH WHITE WINE REDUCTION RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHEESY TARRAGON BAY SCALLOPS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
SAUTéED MAINE SCALLOPS WITH LEMON-MUSTARD SAUCE – DOWNEAST ...
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH MUSTARD-CAPER SAUCE RECIPE ...
LINDARAXA: SAUTEED SCALLOPS IN MUSTARD SAUCE | SAUTEED ...
MAPLE MUSTARD SCALLOPS | RUSSELL HOBBS
SAUTEED SCALLOPS - PREPPY KITCHEN
SAUTEED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON-MUSTARD SAUCE
LEMON BUTTER SAUTEED SCALLOPS (DONE IN 10 ... - RASA MALAYSIA
SAUTEED SCALLOPS RECIPE - TO SIMPLY INSPIRE
SAUTEED SEA SCALLOPS WITH MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
SAUTEED SCALLOPS WITH MUSTARD RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE ...
SAUTEED SCALLOPS WITH WITH LEMON MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE
SAUCE FOR SCALLOPS - THERESCIPES.INFO
SAUTéED SCALLOPS WITH TUSCAN BEANS - CHALLENGE DAIRY
SAUTEED SCALLOPS WITH MUSTARD RECIPE - GENIUS KITCHEN ...
SCALLOPS IN CREAM AND MUSTARD SAUCE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #appetizers #lunch #main-dish #seafood #easy #dinner-party #holiday-event #stove-top #dietary #scallops #shellfish #equipment
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best scallop recipe?Lemon butter sauteed scallops is one of the best scallop recipes, with lemon butter sauce, garlic and bay scallops. Learn how to cook scallops with this easy 10 minutes recipe on skillet. I love scallops and have many scallop recipes on my site.
How to cook scallops with lemon butter sauce?Lemon butter sauteed scallops is one of the best scallop recipes, with lemon butter sauce, garlic and bay scallops. Learn how to cook scallops with this easy 10 minutes recipe on skillet. Heat up a skillet with the melted butter. Saute the garlic by stirring with spatula a few times. Add the bay scallops, stir and saute.
How to cook scallops in a skillet?Learn how to cook scallops with this easy 10 minutes recipe on skillet. Heat up a skillet with the melted butter. Saute the garlic by stirring with spatula a few times. Add the bay scallops, stir and saute. Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
How much butter do you put in a scallop salad?Ingredients 1 3 tablespoons unsalted butter 2 1 pound sea scallops, patted dry 3 Kosher salt, to taste 4 1 tablespoon dry white vermouth or white wine 5 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley, for garnish More ...