SAVORY BREAD PUDDING
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, toss the bread cubes with melted butter and chopped savory. Transfer to a baking sheet and toast until crispy and golden, about 30 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Break up sausage into silver-dollar-sized pieces and add to skillet; cook thoroughly about 10 minutes. Transfer sausage to a large bowl and let cool.
- Add remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil to skillet. Add leeks and mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until all the liquid has been absorbed, about 10 minutes. Stir in apple and transfer mixture to bowl with sausage; let cool.
- Brush a 9-inch square baking dish with olive oil. Add bread cubes to bowl with sausage and leek mixture; toss to combine and transfer to baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cream, eggs, vinegar, 3/4 cup cheese, 1 tablespoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, and the persillade; pour over bread mixture. Cover baking dish tightly with parchment paper-lined aluminum foil and transfer to oven. Bake until a paring knife inserted into the center of the pudding comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Uncover and sprinkle pudding with remaining 3/4 cup cheese. Preheat the broiler; broil pudding until golden, about 3 minutes. Cut into squares and serve garnished with truffles if desired.
SAVORY BREAD PUDDING
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add sausage and cook until well-browned. Add onions, bell peppers, and green onions and saute until soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Add chicken broth and cook, stirring, for one minute. Remove skillet from heat.
- Place bread cubes in large mixing bowl. Add milk and half and half and stir. Allow to set until milk is completely absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- Add onion, peppers, and sausage mixture to bread. Fold in beaten eggs, cheeses, and seasonings. Spoon mixture into buttered 9 x 13" casserole. Can be made ahead and refrigerated overnight at this point. Remove from frig and allow to warm up on counter for 30 minutes before baking. Cover with foil and bake for 50 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 20 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees. Spread sour cream over top of casserole and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered for additional 15 minutes, or until browned on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1392.2, Fat 62.1, SaturatedFat 29.2, Cholesterol 323.7, Sodium 2441.2, Carbohydrate 141.9, Fiber 6.1, Sugar 8.3, Protein 66.3
GARLIC AND HERB BREAD PUDDING
A savory bread pudding that can be served as a side for soups or grilled meat. Use good bread that is a day old; try rosemary focaccia or sourdough. Published in Cooking Light magazine, October 2001.
Provided by swissms
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pour boiling water into a bowl. Place sun-dried tomatoes into the boiling water; cover and let stand 10 minutes or until tender. Drain well; finely chop.
- Heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic; cook for 1 minuted, stirring constantly. Combine the milk and eggs in a bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in tomatoes, garlic, half of mozzarella cheese, half of Parmesan cheese, basil, salt and pepper.
- Place bread in a shallow 1 1/2-quart casserole coated with cooking spray. Pour milk mixture over bread, gently stirring to coat. Let mixture stand 15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan. Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
SARAH'S SAVOURY BREAD AND CHEESE PUDDING
A savory pudding made with sliced white bread, eggs, Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses, and anything else you may want to chuck in!! This is a very nice light dish. Ideal as an evening meal, or even a breakfast with a difference! Optional: Add grilled chopped bacon, mushrooms, ham, tomato, or anything else you can think of!
Provided by Sarah Jayne Davies
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Make 2 cheese sandwiches by placing cheese slice between 2 bread slices and pressing together. Cut each sandwich into 4 triangles and arrange in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Mix together beaten eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour mixture over sandwiches and sprinkle with grated cheese. (Note: Vary amounts if needed; sandwiches do not need to be totally covered in egg mixture, but egg should soak in and leave a little in the bottom of the dish.)
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown, checking frequently.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 380.3 calories, Carbohydrate 27.3 g, Cholesterol 228 mg, Fat 19.9 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 22.5 g, SaturatedFat 10.2 g, Sodium 783.9 mg, Sugar 3.5 g
SAVORY HERB BREAD PUDDING
This vegan bread pudding is a perfect base for Thanksgiving-y things or when you want a change from traditional mashed potatoes.
Provided by Isa Chandra Moskowitz
Yield Serves 4 to 6
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (205ºC). Lightly grease a 10-inch (25 cm) square baking dish.
- Preheat a 6-quart (5.7 L) pot over medium heat. Sauté the onion and celery in the olive oil with a pinch of salt until onion is lightly browned, about 7 minutes. Stir in the onion powder, sage, thyme, rosemary, 1 teaspoon salt, and several dashes of pepper and turn off the heat.
- Put the bread cubes in a large mixing bowl. Add the cooked vegetable mixture and toss to thoroughly coat. Pour in the vegetable broth, ½ cup (120 ml) at a time, mixing well after each addition. The bread should be moist but not soggy, so you may not need to add all the broth.
- Transfer the stuffing mixture to the prepared casserole dish. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool a bit before serving.
SAVORY BREAD PUDDING WITH ASPARAGUS, GRUYèRE, AND FINES HERBES
- Place bread on 2 large baking sheets. Let stand uncovered overnight to dry out.
- Cook asparagus in medium pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain. Rinse under cold running water to cool. Drain well.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in large bowl. Mix cheeses and herbs in medium bowl. Place half of bread in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Sprinkle with half of asparagus, then half of cheese mixture. Pour half of egg mixture over. Repeat with remaining bread, asparagus, cheese mixture, and egg mixture. Let stand 20 minutes, pressing with spatula to submerge bread pieces.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake bread pudding until brown and puffed, about 45 minutes. Cool 10 minutes.
More about "savory bread pudding with roasted shallots pecans and herbs recipes"
5-INGREDIENT SAVORY BREAD PUDDING | BREAKFAST BREAD …
SAVORY BREAD PUDDING - GREAT FOR LEFTOVERS | GREEDY …
SAVORY BREAD PUDDING - HAM & CHEESE | THE WORKTOP
SAVORY BREAD PUDDING – RANTS RAVES AND RECIPES
SAVORY SAUSAGE AND CHEDDAR BREAD PUDDING - ONCE …
SAVOURY BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH …
SAVORY BREAD PUDDING WITH APPLES, SAUSAGE & PECANS
HAM AND CHEESE SAVORY BREAD PUDDING - THIS SILLY …
SAVORY BREAD PUDDING - FOOD FOLKS AND FUN
SAVORY BREAD PUDDING WITH MUSHROOMS AND PARMESAN …
SAVORY SPINACH AND CHEESE BREAD PUDDING RECIPE
8 SAVORY BREAD PUDDINGS THAT MAKE GREAT USE OF STALE …
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
BREAD PUDDING RECIPE [VIDEO] - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
RECIPE: SAVORY BREAD PUDDING WITH SPINACH, CHèVRE, SMOKED HAM …
47 SAVORY BREAD PUDDINGS IDEAS - PINTEREST
SAVORY BREAD PUDDING WITH WHATEVER YOU HAVE - FOOD WASTE FEAST
SAVORY LEEK BREAD PUDDING WITH GRUYERE AND THYME - FEASTING AT …
SAVORY BREAD & BUTTER PUDDING - THE PIONEER WOMAN
SAVORY BREAD PUDDING WITH SPINACH & MUSHROOMS RECIPE
CHEESY SAVORY BREAD PUDDING - A COMMUNAL TABLE
SAVORY BREAD PUDDING - THE NOSHERY
SAVOURY BREAD PUDDING | RICARDO
SAVORY BREAD PUDDING - EDIBLE COMMUNITIES
BEST SAVORY BREAD PUDDING RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
NOBODY PUTS BREAD PUDDING IN A CORNER: SAVORY RECIPES YOU'LL
SAVORY BREAD PUDDING - EATING SOULS
SAVORY STUFFING BREAD PUDDING - ANDREW ZIMMERN
SAVORY BREAD PUDDING | FOODBYMARIA RECIPES
SWEET AND SAVORY CROCK POT BREAKFAST BREAD PUDDING
SAVORY BREAD PUDDING - KING ARTHUR BAKING
SAVORY BREAD PUDDING | HOLLAND HOUSE
SAVORY BREAD PUDDING WITH CHEDDAR - CABOT CREAMERY
BUTTER PECAN BREAD PUDDING - DELICIOUSLY SEASONED
SAVORY SAUSAGE BREAD PUDDING WITH ROASTED BUTTERNUT
SAVORY VEGETABLE BREAD PUDDING - TASTE LOVE AND NOURISH
SAVORY BREAD PUDDING WITH ROASTED SHALLOTS, PECANS, AND HERBS
You'll also love