SCALLOPS WITH WILTED SPINACH AND ARUGULA
- Heat a large straight-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle scallops with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in skillet. Arrange scallops in skillet, and cook on 1 side until golden brown, about 7 minutes. Flip, and cook until scallops are opaque, 30 to 45 seconds. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Reduce heat to medium, and add remaining tablespoon oil to skillet. Add garlic, and cook for 15 seconds. Add spinach, arugula, red-pepper flakes, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cook, tossing greens often, until just wilted, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a platter, top with scallops, and serve immediately.
SCALLOPS WITH ARUGULA, LENTILS, AND BUTTER BEANS
- Toss scallops, olive oil, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl until scallops are completely coated.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over high heat. Cook scallops in hot skillet until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Reduce heat to medium and transfer scallops to a bowl.
- Cook and stir garlic in the same skillet until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add butter beans, lemon juice, and Italian seasoning; cook and stir until beans are slightly golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir cooked lentils and arugula into skillet; cook and stir until arugula begins to wilt, about 30 seconds.
- Pour any accumulated scallop juices from the bowl over arugula; stir scallops into lentil mixture and cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Season with salt and black pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 361.1 calories, Carbohydrate 32.8 g, Cholesterol 68.5 mg, Fat 8.2 g, Fiber 9 g, Protein 39.5 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 631.4 mg, Sugar 2.5 g
SCALLOPS WITH WILTED SPINACH
Two of my favorite foods are bacon and seafood. In this dish, I get them together with white wine, shallots and baby spinach. Serve with bread to soak up the tasty broth. -Deborah Williams, Peoria, Arizona
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 2 tablespoons. Wipe skillet clean if necessary., Pat scallops dry with paper towels. In same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon drippings over medium-high heat. Add scallops; cook until golden brown and firm, 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan; keep warm., Heat remaining drippings in same pan over medium-high heat. Add shallots; cook and stir until tender, 2-3 minutes. Add wine; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Add spinach; cook and stir until wilted, 1-2 minutes. Stir in bacon. Serve with scallops.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 247 calories, Fat 11g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 56mg cholesterol, Sodium 964mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 26g protein.
GLAZED SEA SCALLOPS WITH WILTED NAPA CABBAGE SLAW
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, sesame oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a bowl toss cabbage, carrot, and scallion with 2 tablespoons soy sauce mixture.
- Remove tough muscles from side of each scallop if necessary. Pat scallops dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. In a heavy non-stick skillet just large enough to hold scallops in one layer, heat remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and sauté scallops until golden and cooked through, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer scallops to a bowl. Add remaining soy sauce mixture to skillet and boil until reduced to a glaze. Add glaze to scallops and toss to coat well. Keep scallops warm.
- Add slaw to skillet and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, just until cabbage is wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Season slaw with salt and pepper.
- Serve slaw topped with scallops and garnished with scallion greens.
SCALLOPS WITH ARUGULA
- Rinse scallops, pat dry and set aside.
- Slice peppers lengthwise inot 1/2 inch wide strips.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Stir fry the sweet pepper strips and garlic for 4-5 minutes or until just tender.
- Add arugula; stir fry for 30 seconds or until just wilted.
- Divide vegetable mixture among 4 dinner plates. Cover; keep warm.
- To the same skillet, add cream and tomato paste.
- Bring mixture to a boil and add scallops.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until scallops are opaque.
- Remove scallops with a slotted spoon; arrange alongside vegetables.
- Return cream mixture to boiling; cook for 1 minute or until mixture is slightly thickened, stirring briskly with a whisk.
- Add lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Spoon cream mixture over scallops.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 291.8, Fat 18.1, SaturatedFat 10.7, Cholesterol 93.5, Sodium 451.5, Carbohydrate 12.1, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 5.3, Protein 21.6
More about "scallops with wilted spinach and arugula recipes"
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS WITH BACON AND SPINACH RECIPE
SCALLOPS WITH WILTED FENNEL & SPINACH - READY SET EAT
SCALLOPS OVER WILTED SPINACH PARMESAN RISOTTO
SCALLOPS WITH WILTED SPINACH AND ARUGULA
DINNER TONIGHT: SEARED SCALLOPS WITH SPINACH AND ARUGULA
SCALLOPS WITH WILTED SPINACH AND ARUGULA - BIGOVEN.COM
BEST SCALLOPS WITH WILTED FENNEL & SPINACH RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
SCALLOPS WITH WILTED SPINACH AND ARUGULA RECIPE | RECIPE
INDULGE & ENJOY: SCALLOPS WITH WILTED SPINACH AND ARUGULA
SCALLOPS WITH WILTED SPINACH AND ARUGULA - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
SCALLOPS WITH WILTED SPINACH AND ARUGULA #WEEKDAYSUPPER
SCALLOPS WITH WILTED SPINACH AND ARUGULA RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH INDIAN SPINACH RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
SCALLOPS WITH WILTED SPINACH AND ARUGULA RECIPE
SCALLOPS AND SPINACH WITH ARUGULA - BIGOVEN.COM
SCALLOPS WITH WILTED SPINACH AND ARUGULA - STARKEL NUTRITION
BEST SEA SCALLOPS WITH WILTED LEMON SPINACH RECIPES - FOOD …
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS RECIPE WITH WILTED SPINACH - DINNER-MOM
SCALLOPS WITH WILTED SPINACH AND ARUGULA - MASTERCOOK
SEARED SCALLOPS IN SOY EMULSION WITH WILTED GREENS RECIPE
SEARED SEA SCALLOPS OVER GARLIC SPINACH - 2 COOKIN MAMAS
SCALLOPS WITH WILTED SPINACH AND ARUGULA RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
SCALLOPS WITH WILTED SPINACH AND ARUGULA – JUST FARMED
SCALLOPS WITH WILTED SPINACH - DIERBERGS MARKETS
RECIPES: SCALLOPS WITH WILTED SPINACH AND ARUGULA
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH WILTED FENNEL & SPINACH SALAD - RECIPE
SCALLOPS WITH WILTED SPINACH AND ARUGULA - TAG ARCHIVE - PUTTING IT …
SCALLOPS WITH WILTED SPINACH RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
SCALLOPS WITH WILTED SPINACH AND ARUGULA- WIKIFOODHUB
SCALLOPS AND SPINACH RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
SEARED SCALLOP SALAD WITH GRAPEFRUIT, ARUGULA AND SPINACH
SEARED SCALLOP SALAD WITH GRAPEFRUIT, ARUGULA AND SPINACH – EASY …
SCALLOPS WITH SPINACH - CIAO ITALIA
SCALLOPS OVER WILTED SPINACH PARMESAN RISOTTO - GRAB JUICE
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH WILTED WATERCRESS & BACON RECIPE
SCALLOPS WITH WILTED SPINACH & ARUGULA FROM MEALDIVA
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook scallops on the stove?Wipe skillet clean if necessary. Pat scallops dry with paper towels. In same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon drippings over medium-high heat. Add scallops; cook until golden brown and firm, 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan; keep warm. Heat remaining drippings in same pan over medium-high heat.
How to cook spinach and shallots in a pan?Directions. Heat remaining drippings in same pan over medium-high heat. Add shallots; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add wine; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Add spinach; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until wilted. Serve with scallops.
How to cook scallops and bacon in a pan?Cook bacon in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in pan; coarsely chop and set bacon aside. Increase heat to high. Pat scallops dry with paper towels. Sprinkle scallops evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
How do you cook spinach for a spinach salad?Add half of spinach; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add remaining half of spinach; cook 2 minutes or just until wilted, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Divide spinach mixture among 4 plates; top each serving evenly with crumbled bacon and 3 scallops.