CHINESE STIR-FRIED TOMATOES AND EGGS
Home-style Chinese food at its simplest and, arguably, tastiest, this dish is the object of nostalgia for many Chinese immigrants (and their children). Well-seasoned eggs scrambled until just-set combine at the last moment with a sweet-tart ginger-tomato sauce. Serve with lots of steamed rice. When tomatoes are out of season, canned tomatoes in juice work best.
Provided by Francis Lam
Yield Serves 2 or 3, with rice
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs well with 1 teaspoon salt, sesame oil and rice wine or sherry. In a small bowl, stir together the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water until well combined, then stir in the sugar and ketchup.
- If using fresh tomatoes, core and cut them into 1/2-inch wide wedges.
- Heat a wide nonstick skillet over high heat with 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil. When the oil shimmers, add most of the scallions, saving some to garnish. Cook, stirring, until very aromatic, about 20 seconds. Add the eggs, and cook, stirring well with a spatula or chopsticks, until just set but still runny, about 45 seconds. Pour the eggs back into the mixing bowl, and wipe out the pan.
- Reheat the pan over high heat with the remaining tablespoon of oil. When it is hot, add the ginger and cook until aromatic, about 15 seconds. Add the tomatoes and salt to taste; cook, stirring occasionally, until the flesh has softened but still has some shape and the juices have begun to form a sauce, 2-3 minutes. (If using canned tomatoes, add the juice as well and cook about 4 minutes, to reduce it to a saucelike consistency.)
- Reduce the heat to medium. Give the cornstarch-ketchup mixture a stir in its bowl, then stir it into the pan. Cook, stirring, until the sauce returns to a boil and thickens. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, sugar or more ketchup - you want a savory, tart-sweet sauce. Stir the eggs in the bowl to cut up the curds a bit, then return them to the pan. Cook, stirring, for a few seconds to finish cooking the eggs and to combine. Top with the reserved scallions, and serve with steamed rice.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 351, UnsaturatedFat 22 grams, Carbohydrate 13 grams, Fat 28 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 12 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 676 milligrams, Sugar 8 grams, TransFat 0 grams
SCRAMBLED EGGS AND TOMATOES
A fast meal of eggs scrambled with tomatoes, and then seasoned with some salt, sugar, and soy sauce. This was the very first recipe I cooked, with a little help from my parents...I think I was about 5 or 6 at the time. Eat as it is, or serve over rice.
Provided by SCGOATS
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a skillet over medium heat, scramble eggs until almost done. Remove to a plate.
- Return skillet to medium heat, and stir in tomatoes. Cook 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in sugar, salt, and soy. Return eggs to skillet; cook, stirring, about 1 minute more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 93.9 calories, Carbohydrate 5.2 g, Cholesterol 186 mg, Fat 5.2 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 7.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.6 g, Sodium 104.3 mg, Sugar 3.6 g
SCRAMBLED EGG AND TOMATO
- Combine the tomato and basil and set aside.
- Beat the egg, water and garlic together.
- Heat oil (or use non-stick cooking spray), add the egg mixture.
- Cook and stir gently until the egg is nearly set.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Add the tomato mixture and the pepper.
- Cook and stir until the egg is completely set and the tomatoes are heated through.
- Serve with toast or English muffin.
SCRAMBLED EGGS WITH FINES HERBES AND TOMATOES
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Break the eggs into a large mixing bowl, reserving 2 yolks in a separate bowl. To the large mixing bowl add the fines herbes, salt, and pepper. Combine with a whisk.
- Combine the heavy cream and the mustard with the reserved egg yolks and mix well.
- In a heavy saute pan over medium-low heat, melt the butter. When the butter is melted, add the whole egg mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until creamy and slightly thickened.
- Add the yolk mixture and the tomatoes to the slightly thickened egg mixture And remove from the heat while continuing to stir constantly. The heat in the pan will continue to cook the eggs. Perfectly scrambled eggs should be creamy with very soft curds. Sprinkle with the chives and serve.
SCRAMBLED EGGS WITH TOMATO, CHEDDAR AND CILANTRO
- If using whole eggs, whisk together with 2 Tbsp water until well blended, this is not necessary if using egg substitute.
- In large skillet over medium heat, warm the olive oil.
- Add onion and cook, stirring until golden, approximately 5 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high and add diced tomto, cilantro, 1/2 tsp salt and black pepper.
- Cook until tomato is heated through and any juices have evaporated, about 1 minute.
- Add eggs all at once, reduce heat to medium and cook without stirring, for 1 minute.
- Using spatula, stir the eggs from the edges of the pan toward center.
- Continue to cook and stir gently until eggs are almost cooked, but are still moist, about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Divide and serve on warmed plates.
EGG AND TOMATO SCRAMBLE
- In a small bowl, combine tomato and basil; set aside. In another bowl, beat egg, water and garlic. Heat oil if desired in a small nonstick skillet; add egg mixture. Cook and stir gently until egg is nearly set. Add tomato mixture and salt and pepper if desired. , Cook and stir until egg is completely set and tomato is heated through. Serve with toast. Garnish with basil if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 152 calories, Fat 4g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 1mg cholesterol, Sodium 289mg sodium, Carbohydrate 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "scrambled eggs and tomatoes recipes"
BEST SCRAMBLED EGGS AND TOMATOES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE ...
Cuisine AmericanCategory BreakfastServings 2-4
SCRAMBLED EGGS WITH TOMATOES RECIPE - CHINA
SCRAMBLED EGGS WITH TOMATOES AND PEPPERS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
5/5 (1)Total Time 20 minsCategory Healthy Omelet RecipesCalories 114 per serving
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomato.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat together egg product, milk, salt, and black pepper. Add egg mixture to vegetable mixture in skillet. Cook over medium heat, without stirring, until mixture begins to set on the bottom and around edge.
- With a spatula or a large spoon, lift and fold the partially cooked egg mixture so that the uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until egg mixture is cooked through but is still glossy and moist. Remove from heat. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.
TOMATO BASIL SCRAMBLED EGGS - THE HARVEST KITCHEN
4.5/5 (11)Category BreakfastCuisine HealthyTotal Time 15 mins
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, 1 tablespoon basil and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the shallot and sauté, stirring occasionally for about a minute or until softened.
CHINESE SCRAMBLED EGGS WITH TOMATOES - DEVOUR.ASIA
Cuisine ChineseCategory BreakfastServings 4Total Time 27 mins
TOMATO EGGS – HOW TO COOK (EASY CHINESE RECIPE)
Reviews 8Calories 324 per servingCategory Main
- Saute the white section scallion in oil. Then add the remaining ingredients in A, Cook for 2 minutes. Add the cornstarch slurry. Remove.
- Mix the ingredient in B. Pour into a pan with some oil over medium heat. Stir until it becomes half-cooked scrambled eggs.
SCRAMBLED EGG WITH TOMATOES - EGGS FOR ... - PENNY'S RECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Stir gently over a medium heat with a wooden spoon to break the yolks and gently mix in with the whites
MENEMEN – TURKISH SCRAMBLED EGGS WITH TOMATOES - RECIPE ...
4.8/5 (14)Servings 2Cuisine Turkish FoodCategory Vegetarian
RECIPE FOR PERICO (SCRAMBLED EGGS, ONIONS, TOMATOES)
4.6/5 (27)Total Time 30 minsCategory Breakfast, BrunchCalories 162 per serving
CHINESE SCRAMBLED EGGS WITH TOMATOES RECIPE – YUMMCIOUS
5/5 (1)Total Time 10 minsCategory MainCalories 400 per serving
SCRAMBLED EGGS WITH TOMATO, CHEDDAR AND BASIL | …
5/5 (2)Total Time 20 minsServings 4
SCRAMBLED EGGS WITH TOMATOES RECIPE | SIDECHEF
5/5 (3)Total Time 20 minsCuisine ChineseCalories 125 per serving
SCRAMBLED EGGS WITH ARUGULA AND TOMATOES | TRIED AND TRUE ...
4/5 (16)Total Time 15 minsCategory Breakfast, BrunchCalories 350 per serving
SCRAMBLED EGGS WITH CHEESE AND TOMATOES - PILAR'S CHILEAN ...
4/5 (1)Category BreakfastCuisine ChileanTotal Time 25 mins
TOMATO TOASTS WITH SCRAMBLED EGGS, HERBS AND OLIVES ...
Cuisine Healthy, MediterraneanTotal Time 15 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 329 per serving
SCRAMBLED EGGS WITH CHEESE, TOMATOES, AND ARUGULA • THE ...
TOMATOES AND SCRAMBLED EGGS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
HOW TO COOK BREAKFAST? DELICIOUS SCRAMBLED …
SCRAMBLED EGGS WITH TOMATO CHEDDAR AND CILANTRO BEST RECIPES
SCRAMBLED EGGS AND TOMATOES RECIPES
SPICE UP YOUR SCRAMBLED EGGS WITH THIS IRRESISTIBLE BASQUE ...
CREAMY SCRAMBLED EGGS 'N TOMATOES | SHOPPERS DRUG MART®
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How long do you cook eggs and tomatoes for scrambled eggs?In a skillet over medium heat, scramble eggs until almost done. Remove to a plate. Return skillet to medium heat, and stir in tomatoes. Cook 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in sugar, salt, and soy.
What are tomato scrambled eggs made of?These Tomato Basil Scrambled Eggs take your average scrambled eggs up a notch or two. These eggs are loaded with sweet delicious pan-roasted heirloom cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and a wee bit of Parmesan cheese. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, 1 tablespoon basil and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
What was your first recipe for scrambled eggs?A fast meal of eggs scrambled with tomatoes, and then seasoned with some salt, sugar, and soy sauce. This was the very first recipe I cooked, with a little help from my parents...I think I was about 5 or 6 at the time. Eat as it is, or serve over rice. In a skillet over medium heat, scramble eggs until almost done. Remove to a plate.
How do you make egg salad with tomatoes and eggs?Cut the tomatoes into wedges. Lightly beat the eggs. Dump the corn starch in 1/3 cup of vegetable broth and mix until smooth. Heat half of the cooking oil in a frying pan. Pour in the eggs and, over medium-low heat, cook with constant stirring just until the edges are set but the center is still wet (see how to cook perfect scrambled eggs ).