SPANISH SEAFOOD PAELLA
Looking for a traditional Spanish recipe? Without doubt, the best-known is going to be the prodigious paella ... that tasty, adaptable, gregarious dish famed throughout Spain.
Provided by Sageca
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- With a heavy cleaver, chop each breast half into 3 pieces and each leg into 4 pieces.
- Combine the oil, onion, and garlic in a 12- to 14-inch skillet or paella pan and place over low heat.
- When the onion begins to sizzle, increase the heat to medium.
- Add the chicken pieces a few at a time and cook until lightly browned, sprinkling them with a little of the salt, pepper and paprika as they cook.
- As they brown, move the chicken pieces to the outside of the pan to make room for more in the center.
- When all the chicken has lost its raw color, add the squid, peppers, green onion, and the remaining salt, and crumble in the saffron. Stir in the rice, cooking for a minute or so to coat it with the oil.
- Add warm stock to within 1 inch of the rim of the pan (not all the stock may be needed).
- Arrange the shrimp over the top, and the mussels or clams in a ring around the outside, hinged side down.
- Cook at a lively simmer until the rice is just tender, about 20 minutes; scatter the peas over the top halfway through the cooking time.
- The paella may seem a little soupy when it first comes off the fire, but the rice will absorb the excess liquid in a few minutes.
- Tip:This works well woth boneless, skinless chicken thighs as suggested by YaYa.
This impressive Spanish one pot, with monkfish, king prawns and mussels, is perfect for feeding a crowd at a dinner party
Provided by Katy Greenwood
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Peel and de-vein the prawns, reserving the heads and shells. Return the prawns to the fridge.
- To make the stock, heat the oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat and add the onion, tomatoes, garlic, and reserved prawn shells and heads. Cook for 3-4 mins, then pour in 2 litres of water and add the stock cube and star anise. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 mins. Leave to cool slightly, then whizz in batches in a blender or food processor. Strain through a fine sieve.
- Heat the oil in a large paella pan or an extra-large frying pan. Brown the monkfish for a few mins each side, then remove and set aside. Add the onion and fry for 4-5 mins until softened.
- Stir in the rice and cook for 30 secs to toast. Add the garlic, paprika, cayenne (if using) and saffron, cook for another 30 secs, then stir in the tomatoes and 1.5 litres of the fish stock. Bring to the boil, then turn down to a simmer and cook, stirring, for about 10 mins (the rice should still be al dente). Return the monkfish to the pan with the prawns, mussels, peas and broad beans.
- Cover the pan with a large baking tray, or foil, and cook on a low heat for another 10-15 mins until the mussels are open and the prawns are cooked through. Scatter over the parsley before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 384 calories, Fat 6 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 54 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 5 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 26 grams protein, Sodium 1.5 milligram of sodium
If you enjoy cooking ethnic foods, this Spanish paella recipe will be a favorite. It's brimming with generous chunks of sausage, shrimp and veggies.-Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a large saucepan or skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage and chicken in oil for 5 minutes or until sausage is lightly browned and chicken is no longer pink, stirring frequently. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain if necessary. , Stir in rice and onion. Cook until onion is tender and rice is lightly browned, stirring frequently. Add the broth, tomatoes, paprika, cayenne, salt and saffron. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 10 minutes. , Stir in the shrimp, peppers and peas. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer or until rice is tender, shrimp turn pink and liquid is absorbed. Top with fresh parsley and lemon wedges, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 237 calories, Fat 7g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 62mg cholesterol, Sodium 543mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 16g protein.
AUTHENTIC SEAFOOD PAELLA
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or paella pan over high heat. Cook and stir onion, tomato, salt, and smoked paprika into the hot oil until softened, about 3 minutes. Add romano beans, butter beans, and rice; cook and stir until rice is coated with oil, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place shrimp, mussels, and clams over the top of the rice mixture. Pour in white wine and seafood stock; sprinkle in saffron threads and rosemary. Bring mixture to a simmer. Turn shellfish and continue to cook until clams and mussels have opened, and shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove clams, mussels, and shrimp and set aside.
- Stir peas into the paella; simmer, uncovered, until rice is tender and has absorbed the liquid, 20 to 25 minutes. Stir in squid, and return clams, mussels, and shrimp to the pan. Cook until squid is opaque and cooked through, 2 to 3 more minutes. Serve with lemon wedges and chopped parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 784.1 calories, Carbohydrate 73.5 g, Cholesterol 301.1 mg, Fat 20.1 g, Fiber 8.9 g, Protein 53 g, SaturatedFat 3.3 g, Sodium 979.8 mg, Sugar 5.3 g
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the saffron and lemon juice in a small bowl and crush the threads with the back of a spoon until the mixture turns bright yellow. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Toss the shrimp with 1 teaspoon of the smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. When hot, add the roasted peppers, onion, parsley and bay leaf. Saute until the onion is translucent, 5 to 8 minutes. Add the garlic, cumin and the remaining 1 teaspoon smoked paprika; saute until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add the rice and toast until slightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour in the wine, scrapping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook, stirring, until the wine is fully absorbed. Pour in the tomatoes, stock, saffron mixture, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; stir until combined. Bring to a simmer, then nestle the clams into the rice. Cover and let simmer for 5 minutes. Add the mussels, shrimp and lobster. Cover and transfer to the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until the clams and mussels are opened.
- Place the pot back on the stovetop over medium-high heat. Add the peas. Cook until the bottom of the rice forms a crust, about 5 minutes. Serve the paella with lemon wedges.
SEAFOOD PAELLA, SPANISH MAMA STYLE
- Combine the fish broth, pimenton and salt to taste in a soup pot and keep warm over a low flame. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil until nearly smoking in a 16-inch paella pan set on a barbeque or paella burner or stradling 2 burners. Add the prawns and cook, flipping occasionally, for 6-7 minutes or until a bit browned. Remove to a plate and then add the lobsters to the pan, shell side down and cook 4-1/2 minutes, flip, and then cook for another 4-1/2 minutes. Put the lobsters on the plate with the prawns. If the pan is a bit dry, add a few more Tablespoons of oil. TTurn the heat down to medium, add the onions, pepper and garlic, and cook, stirring, for about 10 minutes, or until just softened. Pour the rice into the pan, in an even cross) (this is the way I was taught and I don's mess with tradition) and then stir to combine with the vegetables. Add the broth, bring to a boil, and then lower the heat to simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Arrange the prawns, lobster, clams and fish on top of the rice, cover with 1-2 large piece of tinfoil, add cook for 10 minutes. Remove the tinfoil and cook 5 more minutes. The clams should be open and the rice cooked through. You might start to hear a crackling sound -- this is a good thing, it means your'e forming a crust at the bottom of the pan (the "soccarat"), which distinguishes all great paellas. Remove the pan from the heat sourse, cover with you piece of large tinfoil, and let it sit undisturbed for 15 minutes before serving, sprinkled with parsley.
- Bring the pan to the table, scoop plenty of everything onto everyone's plates, and encourage your guests to squeeze lots of lemon on their dinner.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 645.3, Fat 17.1, SaturatedFat 2.7, Cholesterol 105.7, Sodium 889.3, Carbohydrate 91.3, Fiber 5.7, Sugar 4.5, Protein 29.7
More about "seafood paella spanish mama style recipes"
AUTHENTIC SPANISH SEAFOOD PAELLA RECIPE - SPAIN ON A FORK
4.8/5 (5)Category Main CourseCuisine SpanishCalories 365 per serving
PAELLA SEAFOOD RECIPE, THE MOST AUTHENTIC SPANISH PAELLA
SEAFOOD PAELLA RECIPE - ROCKINMAMA.NET
SPANISH SEAFOOD PAELLA - YUMMY ADDICTION
5/5 (8)Calories 665 per servingTotal Time 1 hr
- In a paella pan or a large skillet (I used a 12-inch non-stick skillet), add the olive oil and fry the onion until soft. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Add the tomatoes, sugar, salt, paprika, and saffron and stir well. Cook until the tomatoes are thickened and reduced (5-7 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, mix the stock and wine and bring to a boil. Pour over the rice and bring to a boil once again. Add more salt, if needed. Spread the rice out evenly in the skillet and from now on don't stir it anymore.
- Cook over medium-low heat for about 25 minutes. Move and rotate the pan so that the rice cooks evenly. After about 15 minutes, lay the shrimp on top. Cook until they have become pink on both sides. If the rice looks to dry, add more boiling stock.
SEAFOOD PAELLA - THE BEST SPANISH RECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCalories 414 per serving
- First, discard any mussels that are opened. Then clean and debeard the mussels. Scrub each mussel individually, trying to remove the things attached to the shell. To debeard, pull the threads from shells using your fingers.
- Steam the mussels until they open. To do it, place the mussels in a pot with 2 cups of water, cover the pot, and turn the heat to high. Reduce the heat to medium when steam starts to escape and wait until the shells have opened. Then remove them and discard any unopened mussels. Remove most of the mussels from shells.
SEAFOOD PAELLA (PAELLA DE MARISCO) - THE DARING GOURMET
4.4/5 (24)Total Time 40 minsServings 4Calories 431 per serving
- Heat the oil in a pan (I'm using a 38 cm paella pan) and cook the onions until soft and translucent, 3-4 minutes. Add the bell peppers and cook for another 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add the rice and stir it around until the rice grains are covered in oil. (This accomplishes three things: 1) It helps prevent the rice from releasing too much starch while cooking, 2) it helps prevent the rice from sticking together, and 3) it helps improve the texture of the rice by preventing it from becoming mushy.) Add the white wine and bring it to a boil for one minute.
- Add the peas and smoked paprika and stir to combine. Spread the rice mixture out on the bottom of the pan so that it's evenly distributed. Pour in the Aneto Seafood Paella Cooking Base.
SPANISH PAELLA RECIPE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
4.9/5 (172)Calories 535 per servingCategory Main Course
- *Please note, this is my version of Paella Mixta I learned to make while living in Madrid, Spain. I've simplified the recipe as best I could for anyone to be able to make without a special pan or equipment. There are MANY variations to Paella so please be respectful that my authentic recipe may be different from yours!
- Add olive oil to a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, bell peppers and garlic and cook until onion is translucent. Add chopped tomato, bay leaf, paprika, saffron salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 5 minutes. Add white wine and cook for 10 minutes. Taste and add salt if needed.
- Pour the broth slowly all around the pan and jiggle the pan to get the rice into an even layer. (Do not stir the mixture going forward!).
PAELLA RECIPE: SEAFOOD-AND-CHICKEN WITH CHORIZO | FOOD & WINE
5/5 Category Comfort Food Recipes, Rice Dishes, Paella
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a 10-inch paella pan or ovenproof skillet, cook the chorizo over moderate heat, breaking it up with a spoon, until some of the fat is rendered and the chorizo is browned, 4 minutes. Add the onion and garlic and cook over low heat, stirring, until softened and just beginning to brown, 8 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, rice, saffron with its liquid and the 1 1/2 cups of water. Season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat, without stirring, until the rice is al dente and the liquid is absorbed, 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat the 1/4 cup of olive oil until shimmering. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper, add them to the skillet and cook over high heat, turning once, until pink and cooked through, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the shrimp to the rice. Discard the oil.
- Wipe out the skillet. Pour in the wine and lemon juice. Add the mussels and cockles, cover and cook, shaking the skillet, until the mussels open, about 3 minutes. Pour the mussels and cockles and their cooking liquid over the rice.
- Stir the cooked chicken into the rice. Cover and cook in the oven for about 5 minutes, until the paella is just heated through. Garnish with the parsley and scallion, drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and serve.
SEAFOOD PAELLA RECIPE - SPANISH SABORES
5/5 (19)Total Time 50 minsCategory MainCalories 621 per serving
- In a large saucepan over high heat, bring the white wine and seafood stock to a simmer. Add a pinch of saffron threads and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, put a large (16-inch) paella pan (see notes) over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. When hot, add the onion to the pan and saute until translucent, stirring often.
- Add the garlic and cook until aromatic (about 1-2 minutes). Before it starts to brown, add the tomato and stir, adding in the paprika and a pinch of salt. Continue to stir and saute until the tomatoes are reduced and the oil is sizzling.
- Gently add the squid to the pan and stir to coat in the tomato mixture. Saute for about a minute, to give some color to the squid.
THE BEST SPANISH SEAFOOD PAELLA 🥘 RECIPE | THE ...
4.7/5 (7)Calories 449 per servingCategory Main Course
EASY SEAFOOD PAELLA RECIPE FOR 4 OR MORE! | BASCO SPANISH ...
Servings 4Total Time 50 minsEstimated Reading Time 5 mins
PAELLA FILIPINA - MAMA SITA'S PRODUCTS, RECIPES, NEWS
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
WORLD PAELLA DAY: SEAFOOD PAELLA RECIPE - ABSOLUTELY.LONDON
Author Layla Turner
SPANISH RICE DISH SEAFOOD PAELLA RECIPE (SPANISH RICE …
SEAFOOD PAELLA SPAIN RECIPE - VACATION-HOMES-KENTUCKY
SEAFOOD PAELLA SPAIN RECIPE - ASIAN OMELETTE
EASY RECIPE FOR SEAFOOD PAELLA - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
HOW TO MAKE SIMPLE SEAFOOD PAELLA | DEPORECIPE.CO
SEAFOOD PAELLA, SPANISH MAMA STYLE RECIPE
SEAFOOD PAELLA SPANISH MAMA STYLE RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make seafood paella with mussels and peas?The first 5 minutes, cook the paella on a very high heat until the rice rises to the surface. Check the stock for seasoning and add some more salt if necessary. Stir the rice again, add the mussels and peas and place the pan in the oven. After 12 minutes, remove the pan from the oven. Allow the paella to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
What's the best way to make shrimp paella?Toss the shrimp with 1 teaspoon of the smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Set aside. Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. When hot, add the roasted peppers, onion, parsley and bay leaf. Saute until the onion is translucent, 5 to 8 minutes.
How do you make paella de Marisco at home?Heat the oil in a pan (I'm using a 38 cm paella pan) and cook the onions until soft and translucent, 3-4 minutes. Add the bell peppers and cook for another 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for a minute. Add the rice and stir it around until the rice grains are covered in oil.
How long does it take to cook paella in a pan?Heat the oil in a pan (I’m using a 38 cm paella pan, ideal for serving 4-5 people) and cook the onions until soft and translucent, 3-4 minutes. Add the bell peppers and cook for another 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for a minute.