GRILLED SESAME SALMON
From The South Beach Diet online. This flavorful, heart-healthy dish cooks up quickly but looks impressive, making it a perfect meal for entertaining. (Phase 1) Tip: To test for done-ness, insert a small, sharp knife in a fillet; fish should be opaque throughout. When pressed with your finger, salmon should feel firm but not hard.
Provided by WendyMaq
Categories Very Low Carbs
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- 1. Place cucumbers in strainer set in sink; toss with 1 tablespoon salt. Press kitchen towel on cucumbers; drain at least 1 hour or up to 3.
- 2. To make sauce, combine 2 tablespoons vinegar, 1 tablespoon lime juice, soy sauce, tahini, 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, ginger, and 1 tablespoon water in blender; puree until combined.
- 3. Preheat grill to medium-high. Season both sides of salmon with salt. Place skin side down on grill; cook 3 minutes, or until skin shrinks and separates from flesh. Flip; cook 4 minutes, until done.
- 4. Toss cucumbers with remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1 teaspoon oil, and sliced onions. Refrigerate until serving.
- 5. Divide arugula equally among four plates. Top each serving with salmon, then cucumbers. Drizzle sauce over servings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 493.5, Fat 19.5, SaturatedFat 3, Cholesterol 165.4, Sodium 2274.4, Carbohydrate 11.1, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 3.8, Protein 67.1
SPICY GRILLED SESAME SALMON
- Whisk soy sauce, brown sugar, scallions, vinegar, sesame seeds, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, sesame oil, Sriracha®, garlic, and ginger together in a bowl.
- Place salmon fillets in a shallow baking dish. Pour marinade over top and marinate for 30 to 60 minutes, turning once.
- Brush the cooking grates on an outdoor grill until they are clean. Preheat the grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove salmon from the marinade and blot gently with paper towels to remove excess. Brush salmon generously on both sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Discard remaining marinade.
- Place salmon fillets, flesh-sides down, on the preheated grill. Close the lid and cook until you can lift fillets up with tongs without them sticking to the grate, 6 to 8 minutes. Turn fillets and cook to desired doneness, about 2 to 3 minutes more for medium-rare. Slide a spatula between the skin and flesh and transfer fillets to serving plates.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 355.5 calories, Carbohydrate 21.1 g, Cholesterol 49.4 mg, Fat 19.7 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 23.6 g, SaturatedFat 3.3 g, Sodium 1608.9 mg, Sugar 17 g
GRILLED SALMON WITH SESAME BUTTER
- combine lime juice, vegetable oil, 1 T soy sauce, sesame seeds (un-toasted) and celery seeds in a large ziplock bag.
- add salmon and turn bag to coat.
- let it marinade for 1 hour, turning regularly.
- preheat over to 350 degrees.
- spread 2 T sesame seeds in a small baking pan.
- place in oven and toast seeds to a light brown (3-5 min.).
- remove and set aside to cool.
- once cool, combine the toasted sesame seeds, butter, scallions or chives, sesame oil and black pepper.
- stir until smooth.
- shape into a cylinder and roll into wax paper.
- chill until firm.
- preheat broiler or grill.
- cook salmon about 5 minutes per side.
- when plating, serve with 1 T slice of sesame butter.
VIETNAMESE GRILLED SALMON
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Prepare the salmon: Whisk the grapeseed oil, ginger, garlic, shallot, lemongrass, lime juice, fish sauce, brown sugar, a pinch of salt and 1/2 cup water in a medium bowl. Place the salmon on a rimmed baking sheet and pour the marinade on top. Turn the salmon so the marinade coats both sides. Cover and refrigerate, 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the carrot-sesame dressing: Whisk the fish sauce, rice vinegar, Sriracha, sesame oil, brown sugar, lime juice and a pinch of salt in a medium bowl until the sugar dissolves. Add the carrot, scallions and 1/4 cup water; stir to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat a grill to medium high. Remove the salmon from the marinade, wiping off any excess. Brush the grill grates with grapeseed oil. Brush the skin side of the salmon generously with grapeseed oil, then place on the grill skin-side down. Cover and cook until the skin is crisp and the salmon is nearly cooked through, about 8 minutes. Uncover and cook until the salmon is just cooked through, about 5 more minutes. (Do not flip the fish.)
- Transfer the salmon to a platter and spoon the carrot-sesame dressing on top.
GRILLED SALMON WITH FOIL-PACK SESAME BROCCOLI
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Prepare an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
- Toss the broccoli, carrots, vegetable oil and a sprinkle of salt and a few grinds of pepper together on an 18-inch-long piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bring the two long sides of foil up and together and fold over twice to seal. Bring the other two short sides up and in, crimping to seal; set aside.
- Lightly oil half of the grill grates. Pat the fish dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Put the vegetable pack on the un-oiled side of the grill and cook until the vegetables are crisp tender and the broccoli is bright green and lightly charred, about 10 minutes. Grill the salmon on the oiled side and skin-side up until well-marked, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip the salmon over and continue to grill until just cooked through but still a bit rosy in the center, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Careful of the steam, open the foil pack and toss well; divide among 4 plates and add a piece of salmon. Top the salmon with a small spoonful of chili garlic sauce and sprinkle the vegetables with some sesame seeds and a drizzle with some sesame oil.
SESAME GRILLED SALMON
- Whisk soy sauce, honey, ginger, and garlic together in a bowl until marinade is evenly mixed. Set aside 1/4 of the marinade.
- Place salmon fillets in shallow dish; pour the remaining marinade over the salmon. Cover dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove salmon from marinade, shaking to remove excess marinade, and place, skin-side up, into the hot oil; cook for 4 minutes. Discard unused marinade in the shallow dish. Flip salmon and drizzle the reserved 1/4 of the marinade over salmon; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Cook until fish flakes easily with a fork, 5 to 7 minutes. Flip salmon, remove skin, and cook 1 minute more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 406 calories, Carbohydrate 14.7 g, Cholesterol 111.5 mg, Fat 18.5 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 43.7 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 1878.6 mg, Sugar 13 g
GRILLED SALMON WITH LEMON-SESAME SAUCE RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: Walmart® Fresh Antibiotic-Free Salmon portions, olive oil, kosher salt, lemon, fresh basil, shallot, large lemon, large lemon, honey, sesame oil, olive oil, sesame seeds, kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper
Provided by Walmart
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Coat the Walmart® Fresh Antibiotic-Free Salmon portions with the olive oil and sprinkle the salt evenly on both sides. Set aside.
- Make the lemon-sesame sauce: In a small bowl, combine the shallot, lemon zest and juice, honey, sesame oil, olive oil, sesame seeds, salt, and pepper and whisk until well combined.
- Place the lemon slices on the grill and cook for 60-90 seconds on each side, until charred. Remove from the grill and set aside.
- Place the salmon fillets, skin-side down, on the grill. Cook with the lid closed for 5-6 minutes, then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through and has lightly charred grill marks on the flesh side.
- Place the salmon fillets skin-side down on a serving platter and spoon half the sauce over each fillet. Garnish with the charred lemon slices and basil.
CRISPY-SKINNED SALMON WITH WHOLE LEMON-SESAME SAUCE
Adding an entire lemon-skin, pith, and flesh-to the sauce provides brightness and texture. Any bitterness from the pith will be offset by the sesame oil and honey. That balance makes it a super versatile condiment that pairs well with grilled or roasted vegetables and is great as a topping for stews and braises come winter.
Provided by Andy Baraghani
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Prepare a grill for medium heat. Rub salmon with 2 Tbsp. olive oil; season both sides with kosher salt.
- Cut ends off lemon and discard. Set lemon upright on a cutting board and slice off 4 lobes, working around the core (the seeds will be left behind). Finely chop lobes (flesh, pith, and all) and transfer to a small bowl; you should have about 1/3 cup. Squeeze juice from core into bowl; discard core. Add shallot, sesame seeds, honey, sesame oil, and 1/3 cup olive oil; season with kosher salt and lots of pepper. Toss to combine.
- Clean and oil grate, then immediately place salmon on grill, skin side down. Cover and grill, without turning, until skin is lightly charred and flesh is opaque all the way through, 6-8 minutes. Transfer salmon to shallow bowls or plates; let cool slightly. Spoon sauce over salmon. Top with basil; sprinkle with sea salt.
CHINESE 5-SPICE AND SESAME GRILLED SALMON
Enjoy a variety of flavors when you fire up the grill and throw on our Chinese 5-Spice and Sesame Grilled Salmon.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Mix all ingredients except fish until blended. Pour over fish in shallow dish; turn to evenly coat both sides of fish fillets.
- Refrigerate 1 hour to marinate.
- Heat greased grill to medium-high heat. Remove fish from marinade; discard marinade.
- Grill fish 4 to 6 min. on each side or until fish flakes easily with fork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 210, Fat 11 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Sodium 220 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 22 g
More about "sesame grilled salmon recipes"
GRILLED SALMON RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
4.4/5 (35)Estimated Reading Time 1 minServings 4
- Cut ends off lemon and discard. Place lemon upright and slice off outer lobes in 4 sections, leaving a square-shaped core and seeds behind. Finely chop lobes (flesh, pith, and all) and transfer to a small bowl (you should have about ⅓ cup). Squeeze out juice from core over bowl. Add shallot, sesame seeds, honey, sesame oil, and remaining ⅓ cup olive oil; season with salt and lots of pepper. Toss to combine.
- Clean and oil grate, then immediately place salmon on grill skin side down. Cover grill and cook, skin side down the entire time, until skin is lightly charred and fish is opaque, 6–8 minutes. Transfer salmon to a plate and let cool slightly.
GAS-GRILLED SALMON BURGERS | AMERICA'S TEST KITCHEN
SESAME GRILLED SALMON | RECIPE | RECIPES, SALMON RECIPES
GRILLED ORANGE SESAME SALMON — BLUE DRAGON
GRILLED SESAME SOY SALMON SKEWERS - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
SESAME CHILI GRILLED SALMON - RELUCTANT ENTERTAINER
SESAME SALMON WITH GREEN ONIONS AND LEMON RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SESAME GRILLED SALMON RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
25 BEST SALMON RECIPES! | FEASTING AT HOME
GRILLED SESAME GINGER SALMON - 2 SISTERS RECIPES BY ANNA AND LIZ
SESAME GRILLED SALMON - NINJA TEST KITCHEN
15 POPULAR GRILLED SALMON RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
SALMON WITH SESAME BUTTER FROM THE NEW BASICS COOKBOOK BY …
SESAME-GINGER GRILLED SALMON | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
BROILED SALMON WITH HONEY SESAME GLAZE | KEVIN IS COOKING
THE BEST GRILLED SALMON | MEATEATER COOK
GRILLED SESAME SALMON BROCHETTES | METRO
EASY HONEY SESAME SALMON IN FOIL - CAFE DELITES
SESAME GINGER SALMON - DAMN DELICIOUS
SESAME CABBAGE SALAD WITH GRILLED SALMON RECIPE | MYRECIPES
15 GRILLED SALMON SANDWICH RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
SESAME SOY SALMON (AN EASY 4-INGREDIENT MARINADE)
EASY GRILLED PISTACHIO SESAME SALMON - BONAPPETEACH
TERIYAKI SESAME GRILLED SALMON SALAD - INSPIRED BY CHARM
SESAME GINGER SALMON IN FOIL RECIPE - KITCHEN SWAGGER
RECIPE - IRON CHEF PRODUCTS
ORANGE AND SESAME GRILLED SALMON STEAKS | METRO
SESAME GRILLED SALMON : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
GRILLED SESAME GINGER SALMON | LAWRY'S - MCCORMICK
PAN GRILLED SALMON WITH SESAME CABBAGE SALAD - SIDEWALK SHOES
SESAME GRILLED SALMON WITH WASABI SLAW | MCCORMICK GOURMET
GRILLED SALMON WITH SESAME GLAZE - FITWOMAN.COM
GRILLED SESAME-SOY SALMON | FINDING TIME FOR COOKING
ORANGE SESAME GRILLED SALMON - PINEAPPLE AND COCONUT
ASIAN GRILLED SALMON RECIPE WITH SOY, MAPLE, GINGER, AND SESAME
GINGER GARLIC SALMON MARINADE (GRILLED, BAKED OR BROILED)
EASY MAPLE SESAME SALMON - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook salmon on the grill?Squeeze out juice from core over bowl. Add shallot, sesame seeds, honey, sesame oil, and remaining ⅓ cup olive oil; season with salt and lots of pepper. Toss to combine. Clean and oil grate, then immediately place salmon on grill skin side down.
How do you cook salmon in sesame oil?Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove salmon from marinade, shaking to remove excess marinade, and place, skin-side up, into the hot oil; cook for 4 minutes. Discard unused marinade in the shallow dish. Flip salmon and drizzle the reserved 1/4 of the marinade over salmon; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
How to cook salmon fillets in soy sauce?Whisk soy sauce, honey, ginger, and garlic together in a bowl until marinade is evenly mixed. Set aside 1/4 of the marinade. Place salmon fillets in shallow dish; pour the remaining marinade over the salmon. Cover dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 5 minutes. Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
How long do you cook salmon in marinade?Remove salmon from marinade, shaking to remove excess marinade, and place, skin-side up, into the hot oil; cook for 4 minutes. Discard unused marinade in the shallow dish. Flip salmon and drizzle the reserved 1/4 of the marinade over salmon; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Cook until fish flakes easily with a fork, 5 to 7 minutes.