7 VEGETABLE SALAD
Italian dressing jazzed up with basil and chives sparks the flavor of this eye-catching salad. The blanched veggies in this colorful combination retain their crispness quite nicely. -Sara Lindler of Irmo, South Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a saucepan, bring 2 in. of water to a boil. Add beans, peas, yellow squash, zucchini and onion. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain; rinse with cold water and pat dry., Place vegetables in a bowl; add the remaining ingredients. Gently stir to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 47 calories, Fat 2g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 132mg sodium, Carbohydrate 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
EASY SEVEN LAYER VEGETABLE SALAD
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside. In a 9x13 inch pan layer the lettuce followed by the peas, green pepper, bacon, cauliflower and celery.
- In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise and the sugar. Spread mixture over salad. Sprinkle cheese over top. Cover and chill for at least 8 to 12 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 471.4 calories, Carbohydrate 10.3 g, Cholesterol 42.9 mg, Fat 45 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 7.9 g, SaturatedFat 10.6 g, Sodium 539.1 mg, Sugar 6.2 g
- For the stew: Put the garlic, turnips, onion, carrot, fennel, raisins, ginger, salt, cumin, paprika, sugar, turmeric, cloves, and cinnamon in a large soup pot with a tight-fitting lid. Add 2 cups water and bring to a boil over high heat; cover, reduce the heat, and simmer until the vegetables are somewhat soft, about 10 minutes. Halve and seed the butternut squash and cut it into wedges. Tie parsley sprigs together with kitchen string. Add squash, zucchini, chickpeas, and parsley sprigs to the pot. Using your fingers and working over the pot, tear the tomatoes into big pieces and add them to the pot with their juices. Simmer the stew, covered, until it is slightly thick and fragrant, and the vegetables are fork tender but not mushy, about 15 minutes. (You can test the vegetables a bit sooner, remove them as soon as they are tender, and return them to the pot when you are ready to serve. All the vegetables should be tender enough to cut with the side of a fork, but still hold their shapes.) Remove cinnamon sticks.
- For the couscous: Bring water to a boil with the butter and salt in a small saucepan. Stir in the couscous, pull the saucepan off the heat, cover, and set aside until the water has been absorbed and the couscous is plump, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and fluff with a fork.
- To serve, spread the couscous over a large serving platter and, using a slotted spoon, mound the vegetables in the center. Pour some of the broth over the vegetables and sprinkle with the almonds. Pass the remaining broth and the harissa, if desired, at the
Seven-Vegetable Salad is colorful and crunchy. "This fun, no-lettuce salad is popular at home and when I take it to a potluck," relates Kim Wiehe-Kaylor of Sidney, Ohio.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large bowl, combine all the vegetables. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 37 calories, Fat 1g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 131mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SEVEN LAYER SALAD
- Layer first 5 ingredients in a shallow dish.
- Spread mayonnaise over the top as if you were icing a cake. Sprinkle Swiss cheese over the mayonnaise and chill.
- This taste best when chilled overnight.
- Just before serving, toss salad making sure mayonnaise and cheese is distributed throughout the salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 264.5, Fat 20, SaturatedFat 6.5, Cholesterol 131.7, Sodium 358.3, Carbohydrate 10.4, Fiber 3.6, Sugar 4.7, Protein 11
7 LAYER SALAD
This 7 layer salad recipe sounds like a bunch of vegetables thrown together, but every occasion people ask me if I will make this, it is really gooooooood. Overnight chilling not included in preparation time.
Provided by paula giles
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Layer all of the above vegetables in order, evenly.
- Cover with plastic wrap securely and refrigerate overnight.
More about "seven vegetable salad recipes"
EASY TRADITIONAL OVERNIGHT 7-LAYER SALAD RECIPE ...
4.7/5 (3)Total Time 15 minsCategory Salad, Side DishCalories 236 per serving
- In a large clear glass bowl, or a trifle bowl like this one, layer the lettuce, tomatoes, bell peppers, eggs, and red onions, in that order.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise and sour cream. Spread over the top of the salad. (It can be a little hard to spread over the onions without sticking. Just dollop a little at a time and spread a little, add a little more, and repeat.)
THE BEST CLASSIC SEVEN LAYER SALAD RECIPE ON THE INTERNET
5/5 (3)Total Time 20 minsServings 12-14
10 BEST SIMPLE VEGETABLE SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
TRADITIONAL SEVEN LAYER SALAD - FEAST AND FARM
4.8/5 (13)Total Time 15 minsCategory Side DishCalories 361 per serving
- In a 3 1/2 quart glass bowl or trifle dish (make sure it's at least that large), chop the lettuce in to bite size pieces and add it to the bottom of the bowl in an even layer.
- Add the peas, eggs, onions, tomatoes, bacon and cheese, layering them closer to the edges of the bowl if you choose. Add another sprinkle of salt and pepper then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise, sour cream and sugar. Stir well and spread over the top of the salad "sealing" it all the way to the edge of the bowl. Sprinkle with a bit of cheese or bacon before serving, or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to two days.
SEVEN-LAYER CONGEALED VEGETABLE SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Drain beets, reserving liquid; set beets aside. Add water to beet liquid to equal 2 cups; set liquid aside.
- Soften gelatin in 1/2 cup cold water. Add boiling water, and stir until gelatin dissolves. Add reserved beet liquid mixture, vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce, stirring well; chill 1 hour.
- Sprinkle chopped eggs evenly in the bottom of a lightly oiled 9-cup mold. Layer diced beets, green peas, onions, celery, and green beans over eggs. Pour gelatin mixture over vegetables. Chill until firm. Unmold onto a lettuce-lined plate. Slice and serve with dressing.
7 EASY SALADS STARRING 7 SUMMER VEGETABLES | FOOD …
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
SEVEN LAYER SALAD - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS
5/5 (18)Category SaladCuisine AmericanTotal Time 10 mins
SEVEN-VEGETABLES WARM CHICKEN SALAD (YUM THAWAAI) | ASIAN ...
4.4/5 (5)Category AuthenticCuisine ThaiTotal Time 2 mins
SEVEN-VEGETABLE SALAD RECIPE
VEGETABLE FINGER SALAD | RECIPES | STLTODAY.COM
HEALTHY COOKING PROGRAM. SOYA MILK, FLAXSEED LADDU,SWEET ...
VEGETABLE SALAD RECIPES: 60 EASY VEGETABLE SALADS FOR ...
SEVEN VEGETABLE SALAD RECIPES | RECIPEBRIDGE RECIPE SEARCH
SEVEN-VEGETABLE SALAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
SEVEN VEGETABLE SALAD - RECIPES - PAGE 2 | COOKS.COM
BEST VEGETABLE PASTA SALAD RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
10 BEST VEGETABLE SALAD KFC RECIPES | YUMMLY
VEGETABLE SALAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
7 VEGETABLE SALAD RECIPES BEST RECIPES AND RELATED RECIPES
SEVEN VEGETABLE SALAD RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What are the best vegetables for salad?From broccoli and tomato to lettuce and carrots, you’ll have plenty of choices to make light and fresh vegetable salad recipes. If you want to toss together your own veggies salad, find these recipes and more through the Eatwell101 recipes index.
How do you make a 7 layer salad?Here is my step-by-step breakdown of how to make the classic 7 layer salad recipe. First, take one half a head of iceberg lettuce and cut it up into small pieces. Spread it as a layer on the very bottom of the bowl. Top the lettuce with six green onions (thinly sliced).
What is the healthiest salad recipe you can make?This easy avocado tomato salad is the simplest and healthiest salad recipe you can make! This chickpea quinoa salad is quick, healthy, and perfect to make ahead! This healthy cucumber salad is ideal for picnics or a quick lunch on the go! This shredded carrot salad makes the perfect addition to a potluck or brunch.
What is the best way to make lettuce salad?In a 9x13 inch pan layer the lettuce followed by the peas, green pepper, bacon, cauliflower and celery. In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise and the sugar. Spread mixture over salad. Sprinkle cheese over top. Cover and chill for at least 8 to 12 hours before serving.