- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C); prepare a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the butter, lemon juice, and garlic in a microwave-safe bowl; heat in microwave in 10-second increments until the butter is completely melted and the garlic has softened, stirring between each session, about 1 minute total.
- Arrange the tilapia in the bottom of the prepared baking dish; pour the butter mixture over the fillets assuring they are all evenly covered. Sprinkle the parsley over the tilapia.
- Bake in the preheated oven, turning the fillets every 10 minutes, until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 40 minutes total.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 483.2 calories, Carbohydrate 2.4 g, Cholesterol 153.1 mg, Fat 36.8 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 35.3 g, SaturatedFat 22.3 g, Sodium 322.4 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
BAKED ITALIAN TILAPIA
It's easy to include healthful fish in your weekly menus with recipes as tasty and simple as this one! -Kimberly McGee, Mosheim, Tennessee
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place tilapia in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with pepper. Spoon tomatoes over tilapia; top with onion and green pepper., Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork., Freeze option: Cool fish mixture. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet, stirring occasionally, until a thermometer inserted in fish reads 145°.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 215 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 86mg cholesterol, Sodium 645mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SICILIAN PENNE WITH TILAPIA AND SPINACH RECIPE - (4.6/5)
Provided by mistynoelle13
Number Of Ingredients 12
- 1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta. 2. Meanwhile, place a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. 3. Add the 1/3 cup olive oil, garlic, red chili flakes, and 1/4 cup parsley. Stir and cook until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes. 4. Add the spinach and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove the from the pan and set aside. 5. Season the tilapia cubes with salt and pepper. 6. Using the same pan, over medium-high heat, add the 2 remaining tablespoons of olive oil and cook the tilapa until opaque. 7. Add the white wine and cook until almost evaporated, about 2 minutes. Turn off the heat. 8. Add the tomatoes, spinach, cooked pasta, the remaining 1/3 cup parsley and stir. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
Side dish: Garlic Spinach 1 bag spinach 1 Tbsp olive oil minced garlic pepper to taste heat oil on med, add garlic saute 1 min. Add spinach saute 2 more mins. Add pepper.
Provided by Tammy Williams
Number Of Ingredients 5
- 1. In lg skillet, heat 1 Tbsp oil over med heat. Add fish, pepper to taste. Cook 2-5 mins per side, or until cooked. Remove & keep warm.
- 2. Wipe skillet clean. Heat 1 Tbsp oil over med heat. Add onion, mushrooms & italian seasoning. Cook until tender, about 5 mins.
- 3. Serve vegetables over fish. ENJOY!
EASY TILAPIA TACOS
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tilapia fillets and sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, turn, and continue cooking until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 5 more minutes. Break fillets apart with a spatula, remove from the heat, and allow to cool. Wipe skillet clean with a paper towel.
- While fish is cooling, mash avocado in a small bowl for guacamole. Mix in sour cream and season with garlic powder and salt.
- Place 1 tortilla in the cleaned skillet and cook over low heat until warm, about 1 minute. Remove tortilla and set on a plate with the uncooked side facing up. Cover one half of the tortilla with 2 lettuce leaves and salsa. Spread guacamole on the other half, then add 1/4 of the fish. Fold halves together. Repeat to make the remaining tacos.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 455.2 calories, Carbohydrate 46 g, Cholesterol 48.9 mg, Fat 17.7 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 28.6 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 656.6 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
More about "sicilian tilapia recipes"
SICILIAN RECIPES - GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
RECIPE: ITALIAN-STYLE POACHED TILAPIA WITH SWEET PEPPERS, ZUCCHINI …
4/5 Total Time 30 minsCuisine MediterraneanCalories 270 per serving
SICILIAN TILAPIA WITH ROASTED LEMON ASPARAGUS - OUR ITALIAN TABLE
SICILIAN TILAPIA RECIPE - SPRY LIVING
HOW I LEARNED TO COOK WHOLE FISH, SICILIAN STYLE (AND HOW YOU CAN …
5/5 (2)Category Main DishesAuthor Stephanie LangfordCalories 133 per serving
- Warm up olive oil on medium heat in a frying pan. Add onions first to soften, then all stuffing ingredients, until warm and well mixed.
- Stuff open cavities of fish with warm stuffing, and lay in a baking dish. I used parchment paper in my pan to prevent the skin from sticking and to minimize cleanup. First, spread olive oil over the parchment, then lay the fish down head-to-tail so that they fit well.
- Bake at 375 for approximately 10 min. per inch of thickness. This is just a general rule. Set your timer for 10 minutes and start checking in 5 minute intervals from that point forward. Avoiding overcooking is key. Test with a fork to see if the fish flakes when you open it. Another key for me was noticing that the gill area burst open slightly and I could see a little cooked white flesh coming out.
19 LIGHT AND EASY TILAPIA RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
- Lemon and Herb Tilapia. When you're craving something light and tasty for dinner, look no further than this simple broiled fish recipe. Butter, lemon juice, and simple seasonings are all that's needed to bring out the natural sweetness of firm, flaky tilapia.
- Baked Stuffed Fish Fillet. Impress company when you serve this elegant stuffed fish dinner that has a secret—it's prepared in muffin cups. The fish is filled with a scrumptious mixture of buttery breadcrumbs, sage, and chopped celery to create an entrée that looks beautiful perched atop a bed of white rice with lemon wedges on the side.
- Tilapia With Cilantro Lime Cream. Weeknights are the perfect time to make this 30-minute recipe. The fish is prepared in a rich, flavorful sauce made with fresh cilantro, lime juice, and zest, and a good amount of heavy cream.
- Baked Tilapia Fillets With Mustard-Pecan Crust. Only four ingredients and 20 minutes are needed to create a delicious fish dinner that you can enjoy any day of the week.
- Baked Panko-Crusted Fish Fillets. Once you learn this essential preparation method for tender white fish, you'll want to use it again and again. Tilapia fillets are dusted with flour, dipped into a Cajun-seasoned mayonnaise and egg wash, then coated in breadcrumbs and parsley before going into the oven to bake to perfection.
- Baked Tilapia With Spinach Pecan Pesto. A homemade spinach and pecan pesto makes a tasty and nutritious sauce for oven-baked tilapia fillets. You can adjust the garlic level in the pesto to suit your family's tastes.
- Baked Tilapia With Tamarind Sauce. Enjoy the signature sweet, sour, spicy, and salty flavors of Thai cuisine in this easy, 30-minute recipe for baked tilapia.
- Broiled Tilapia Fillets With Lemon and Butter. Broiling is a healthy way to prepare tilapia and ensure that the meaty fillets come out of your oven juicy and fork-tender.
- Seafood a la King With Tilapia, Shrimp, and Crab. Seafood a la king is an excellent way to enjoy fish and shellfish. A classic, creamy white sauce envelops tasty morsels of seafood, with your favorite fresh or frozen vegetables adding color, texture, and added nutrition.
- Spicy Grilled Tilapia With Aioli. Amp up the mild taste of tilapia with this easy, healthy recipe featuring a creamy, garlicky aioli. Keep a close eye on the fish while grilling since it cooks very quickly.
TOP 10 FAVORITE TILAPIA RECIPES - PANLASANG PINOY
Reviews 1Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
ITALIAN RECIPES AUTHENTIC, SICILIAN RECIPES, RECIPES - PINTEREST
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
DELICIOUS FISH RECIPES FOR ALL YOUR FRIDAY NIGHT LENTEN DINNERS ... - …
4.3/5 (50)Estimated Reading Time 1 min
EASY SICILIAN FISHERMAN'S STEW - BIGOVEN.COM
4.3/5 (3)Category Soups, Stews And ChiliCuisine ItalianTotal Time 2 hrs 10 mins
SICILIAN TILAPIA- TFRECIPES
8 AIR FRYER FISH RECIPE IDEAS IN 2021 | AIR FRYER FISH, COOKING RECIPES, …
SICILIAN TILAPIA RECIPE - EASY KITCHEN
ONE SKILLET TILAPIA VERACRUZ - DELICIOUS MEETS HEALTHY | RECIPES, …
BAKED TILAPIA RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SICILIAN TIMBALLO | RECIPE | SICILIAN RECIPES, RECIPES, FOOD
10 BEST ITALIAN TILAPIA RECIPES | YUMMLY
SICILIAN+TILAPIA+-+READ+MORE+AT+SPRYLIVING.COM | RECIPES, …
PAN-FRIED TILAPIA RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SICILIAN TILAPIA | RECIPES, FISH RECIPES, FOOD
SICILIAN TILAPIA- TFRECIPES
SICILIAN PENNE WITH TILAPIA AND SPINACH RECIPE 465
100+ TILAPIA RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What's the best way to cook tilapia fillets?Directions. Arrange the tilapia in the bottom of the prepared baking dish; pour the butter mixture over the fillets assuring they are all evenly covered. Sprinkle the parsley over the tilapia. Bake in the preheated oven, turning the fillets every 10 minutes, until the fish flakes easily with a fork,...
How long do you cook tilapia scampi in the oven?Sprinkle the parsley over the tilapia. Bake in the preheated oven, turning the fillets every 10 minutes, until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 40 minutes total. 483 calories; protein 35.3g; carbohydrates 2.4g; fat 36.8g; cholesterol 153.1mg; sodium 322.4mg. Full Nutrition
What kind of broth is used for Sicilian fish stew?The comfort of Italian flavors in one delicious stew cooked in a white wine-tomato broth with garlic, capers, raisins more! In Italy, as in many parts of the Mediterranean basin, fish is often combined with tomatoes and other local ingredients to make delicious and quick one-pot-wonders like today's Sicilian-style fish stew.
How many recipes can you find for tilapia?With over 180 tilapia recipes from zesty lemon to almond-crusted, find a quick and healthy option for grilled or baked tilapia. A quick and yummy way to prepare crispy tilapia the whole family will love, without frying. I get asked to make this several times a week by everyone in my family, especially the kids!