SOY SAUCE CHICKEN
A delicious, fast, and easy recipe for any week night dinner. The chicken comes out flavorful with a sweet and tangy glaze. Serve with rice and steamed snow peas for a complete meal.
Provided by Too Hot Tamale
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine sugar, soy sauce, water, garlic, and ginger in a large stock pot; stir until sugar is dissolved. Place chicken in stock pot and bring to a boil. Using tongs, turn chicken in pot every 5 minutes.
- Boil chicken until no longer pink at the bone and juices run clear, about 35 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Sauce mixture will turn into a rich, brown glaze. Remove pot from heat and let cool 10 minutes.
- Place chicken on a platter and sprinkle with chopped green onions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 564.1 calories, Carbohydrate 29.6 g, Cholesterol 159.6 mg, Fat 28.1 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 46.6 g, SaturatedFat 7.8 g, Sodium 1941.2 mg, Sugar 25.7 g
SIMPLE SOY SAUCE CHICKEN
My boys always begged for this chicken. It literally falls off the bones and the sauce gives a rich flavor to the rice. Made with pantry staples, it's easy to throw together, too! Use low-sodium soy sauce if you're sensitive to salt. My family prefers chicken thighs but any pieces will work. Skin the chicken pieces if preferred. A zesty Italian dressing works best.
Provided by springermom
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine chicken pieces, Italian salad dressing, mushrooms, water, soy sauce, dried minced onion, brown sugar, garlic powder, and black pepper in a heavy skillet or Dutch oven over low heat. Cover and simmer until chicken is very tender, about 45 minutes. Serve over hot cooked rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 295.5 calories, Carbohydrate 19.8 g, Cholesterol 58.4 mg, Fat 15.5 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 18.3 g, SaturatedFat 3.6 g, Sodium 1059.6 mg, Sugar 3.1 g
CHINESE SOY SAUCE CHICKEN
This recipe is an adaptation from a basic soy sauce chicken recipe from the internet and consultation with my grandma. I can eat this everyday! You can use skinless, boneless chicken parts, but the taste won't be the same.
Provided by WaterMelon
Categories Whole Chicken
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Mix all ingredients, except chicken, scallions, sesame seeds in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add chicken, then let simmer 30-40 minutes, turning chicken pieces occasionally.
- Remove chicken pieces from sauce and set aside in a serving platter.
- Skim fat from the sauce, thicken it with cornstarch mixture (1 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 1 TB water) and pour the sauce over chicken.
- Sprinkle scallions and sesame seeds and serve with rice.
SOY SAUCE CHICKEN
Make a homemade version of soy sauce chicken (see yao gai), a classic Chinese dish. This recipe has a less labour-intensive method that you can do at home
Provided by Thy Lundkvist
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Season the chicken with salt and set aside. Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over a medium heat, add the halved spring onions, ginger, star anise and bay leaves. Stir-fry for 5 mins until fragrant and the spring onions turn slightly golden.
- Pour in the light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, Shaoxing rice wine, 2 tbsp of the sugar and 480ml water. Turn the heat up to high and bring the liquid to the boil.
- Slide in the chicken thighs, skin-side down, arranging them in a single layer. Add water if needed to just about cover the chicken.
- Turn the heat down low, cover the wok or pan and simmer for 35 mins. Turn the thighs over and cook covered for another 10 mins.
- Remove the chicken to a plate. When the thighs are cool enough to handle, remove the bones and slice into pieces about 1cm thick. Arrange on a serving dish.
- While the chicken is cooling, strain 150ml of the braising liquid into a small pan and discard the solids. Put the pan over a medium heat and just before it starts to boil, add the cornflour mixture and remaining brown sugar. Once the sauce reaches your desired thickness, remove from the heat. (It should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.) Pour it over the sliced chicken or serve in a bowl on the side for dipping. Garnish with the sliced spring onion. Serve with jasmine rice and steamed greens, or vegetables of your choice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 423 calories, Fat 26 grams fat, SaturatedFat 7 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 13 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 10 grams sugar, Fiber 0.1 grams fiber, Protein 34 grams protein, Sodium 2.8 milligram of sodium
EASY SOY SAUCE MARINATED CHICKEN
This is a very simple marinade with two hours of fridge time before cooking. Excellent in pocket bread or over rice.
Provided by Judith Fraser
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cut chicken breast into 1 inch pieces combine soy sauce, sherry, cornstarch, garlic and sugar.
- Put chicken pieces into the mixture and refrigerate for an hour or two.
- When ready cook peppers and mushrooms in 1 tablespoon oil.
- Remove from skillet and cook chicken pieces in 3 tablespoon oil.
- When the chicken is cooked, add water to it and stir to thicken.
- Return vegetables to the chicken in skillet and serve in Pita pockets or with rice.
More about "simple soy sauce chicken recipes"
SHREDDED SWEET SOY SAUCE CHICKEN BREAST | RECIPETIN …
10 BEST CHICKEN MARINADE WITH SOY SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
BAKED SOY SAUCE CHICKEN - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
CHINESE RED COOKED SOY SAUCE CHICKEN RECIPE - THE …
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
CHINESE SOY SAUCE CHICKEN - RASA MALAYSIA
SOY SAUCE CHICKEN (SUPER EASY RECIPE!) - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
5/5 (4)Total Time 17 minsCategory DinnerCalories 308 per serving
- Place the chicken thighs into a bowl and pour the soy sauce over the top. Mix well and then put the bowl into your fridge. Let the thighs marinate for 30 minutes (or up to 2 hours).
- Heat the oil in a large, nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Pour the chicken thighs and all of the marinade into the pan and spread out the thighs so that they are in a single layer. Let them cook for 6 minutes then stir them around and scrape the bottom of the pan before turning them over and cooking for another 6 minutes, or until they are cooked through.
SOY SAUCE CHICKEN RECIPE (豉油鸡)- HOW TO COOK EASY …
Reviews 1Video Duration 6 minCategory Main CourseUploaded 2022-03-30
- Marinate the chicken (optional) Since I am using the whole leg in this recipe, marinate is not necessary. I find that using chicken legs (or wings) is easier to handle than the whole chicken.
- Prepare the braising liquid. The primary ingredient of the braising liquid is light soy sauce. Therefore, the quality of the light soy sauce is critical for the outcome of the soy sauce chicken.
- Poach the chicken. The crucial step to ensure the chicken meat is tender and is to poach it at the sub-boiling point until it is just cooked. Here are the steps
- Make the sauce with the poaching liquid. Below are a few ideas to use the leftover poaching liquid. Here are my suggestions: Make a dipping sauce for the chicken by reducing the poaching liquid.
CHINESE SOY SAUCE CHICKEN - HONEST COOKING - RECIPES
HONEY GARLIC SOY SAUCE CHICKEN • SALT & LAVENDER
SOY SAUCE CHICKEN WITH COLA RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
SOY SAUCE CHICKEN MARINADE & RECIPE - THRIFTY NW MOM
SOY SAUCE WHITE SLICED CHICKEN RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
EASY CHINESE BRAISED SOY SAUCE CHICKEN THIGHS - GREEDY GIRL …
SOY SAUCE CHICKEN RECIPE - BY ANDREA JANSSEN
CHICKEN WITH SOY SAUCE RECIPE - THESUPERHEALTHYFOOD
SOYA SAUCE CHICKEN (SI YAU KAI / 豉油鸡) - THE BURNING …
EASY AND DELICIOUS SOY SAUCE CHICKEN - POWERED BY MOM
EASY CHINESE SOY SAUCE CHICKEN - CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
SOY SAUCE CHICKEN — DASH OF SOY CULINARY SCHOOL
SOY SAUCE CHICKEN RECIPE: MAKE MAMA WEN'S SOY SAUCE CHICKEN
EASY SOY SAUCE CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS - THE SHORTCUT KITCHEN
SOY SAUCE CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
HONEY SOY SAUCE CHICKEN RECIPE | THE PERFECT FAMILY OVEN DISH
5 EASY 3-INGREDIENT SAUCES FOR CHICKEN | KITCHN
GARLIC SOY SAUCE CHICKEN - TIFFY COOKS
SOYA SAUCE CHICKEN - HONG KONG STYLE RECIPE - COOKMORPHOSIS
HONEY SOY CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS - EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
SOY SAUCE CHICKEN RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN BREASTS - EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
HONEY SOY CHICKEN - EASY CHICKEN DINNER RECIPE WITH ASIAN FLAVORS
SOY SAUCE CHICKEN: A CHINATOWN CLASSIC - THE WOKS OF LIFE
EASY HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN - CAFE DELITES
SOY SAUCE BAKED CHICKEN THIGHS IN THE OVEN - ALL WE EAT
SOY SAUCE CHICKEN RECIPE #SHORTS - YOUTUBE
3 INGREDIENT BARBECUE SOY CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS - CAFE DELITES
REAL-DEAL SOY SAUCE CHICKEN (豉油鸡, SEE YAO GAI)
SOY SAUCE CHICKEN (豉油雞) | MADE WITH LAU
EASY HONEY GARLIC SOY CHICKEN RECIPE - COOKIN' WITH MIMA
10 BEST SOY SAUCE CHICKEN QUICK EASY RECIPES - YUMMLY
HONEY SOY CHICKEN THIGHS OVEN : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
HONEY SOY CHICKEN – MARINADE & SAUCE (EXCELLENT GRILLED!)
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook chicken in soy sauce?Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. In a pot large enough to hold the chicken (e.g., 8-quart pot) combine the light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, rice wine or sherry, sugar, fennel seeds, star anise, roasted Szechuan peppercorn, ginger, cinnamon stick, and the water. Bring to a boil. Add the chicken, breast side down.
What is soya sauce chicken?Soya sauce chicken is a tasty dish that is from Hong Kong. It's something that sounds very simple but it requires a lots of cooking arts to create such amazing recipe. Chicken is marinated and braised in soy sauce, cut into pieces, and served with mouthwatering soy mixture sauce.
How to bake soy sauce chicken thighs?An easy recipe for baked soy sauce chicken thighs. Marinate briefly, then bake for one hour at 350 degrees F, and your tasty dinner is ready! Mix the marinade ingredients in a medium bowl. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag and add the chicken thighs. Place on a plate and marinate in the fridge for 1 hour, turning the bag midway.
How do you make the best stir fry sauce?Heat on medium high heat, then add star anise, cinnamon stick, shallot, ginger, and bay leaves. Sauteed for 5 minutes or until their fragrance is released. Add sugar, dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, 2 cups of temper broth, and 2 cups of water. Stir to combine everything. Bring to boil then reduce the heat to medium high, simmer for 10 minutes.