BASIC VINAIGRETTE DRESSING WITH 8 VARIATIONS
Bottled salad dressing can be convenient but its expensive and often full of salt, sugar, and chemical additives. Making your own is simple and allows you to customize the seasonings to suit whatever meal you are preparing. The amounts given make about 1/4 cup and can be expanded infinitely for larger salads. It can be made several days ahead and kept in the fridge. Sorry about the slightly odd way of putting the ingredients for the creamy dressing variations. The recipe editor is picky about what it will accept.
Provided by 3KillerBs
Categories Salad Dressings
Yield 1/4 cup
Number Of Ingredients 34
- Shake all ingredients for your chosen variation together in a tightly-lidded container OR whisk together in a small bowl.
- Let stand 10 minutes to rehydrate dried herbs and blend flavors.
- Shake again then dress salad as desired.
- Note -- I recommend the lemon dressing on spinach.
- Note -- I recommend the Bacon Dressing, Mustard Dressing, and Balsamic Vinaigrette on strong greens such as escarole, curly endive, and dandelion greens.
- Note -- The sweeter version of the mustard dressing is great for a vinegar coleslaw if you discover that you have accidentally gotten one of those occasional cabbages that are a touch on the bitter side.
- Note -- feel free to play with other seasonings, more complex blends, flavored oils, and flavored vinegars. Once you've learned the technique you can customize your salad dressing to suit just about any meal.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, and a pinch of sugar.
- Slowly add oil, whisking until emulsified, or shake the ingredients in a jar, or whirl them in a blender.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 1 cup
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Whisk the vinegar, mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a large bowl until combined. Slowly drizzle in the oil in a steady stream, whisking constantly, until the dressing is emulsified and smooth. (If you're using a vinegar high in acid, you might need to add a little more oil to taste.) Refrigerate any leftovers.
This classic dressing is easy to make at home, and stores in the jar for up to a week
Provided by Good Food team
Yield Easily doubled
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Put the mustard, vinegar and olive oil in a jar and season. Shake vigorously to mix. Store in a cool place (not the fridge) until ready to use. Use for all your salads or try one of our recipes, right. Vinaigrette will keep for a week.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 102 calories, Fat 11 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Sodium 0.29 milligram of sodium
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine vinegar, oil, garlic, sugar, and salt. Shake well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 130.4 calories, Carbohydrate 2.2 g, Fat 13.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 581.4 mg, Sugar 1 g
THE BEST VINAIGRETTE IN THE WORLD EVER, EVER
- Combine all the ingredients in a jam jar, make sure the lid is on tightly, and shake the living daylights out of it.
- Leave it to sit for at least half an hour before serving to allow the garlic to infuse.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1293.4, Fat 141.8, SaturatedFat 19.6, Sodium 1748.5, Carbohydrate 10.6, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 8.6, Protein 0.4
HONEY APPLE CIDER VINAIGRETTE
This is a super easy, super tasty vinaigrette to use on any salad. It's customizable to your own tastes, and uses fairly simple ingredients that are already available in most home pantries.
Provided by Kim
Categories Vinaigrette Dressing
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, honey, mustard, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and pepper in a small jar. Place lid on tightly and shake until ingredients are well combined. Pour in olive oil, and shake jar again to combine.
- Use immediately or keep extra stored in the fridge. Shake jar again before using.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 122 calories, Carbohydrate 2.4 g, Fat 12.3 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 0.1 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 183.8 mg
A basic vinaigrette deserves a permanent spot in every cook's repertoire. Ready in minutes and fine to keep in the fridge for weeks, it can totally change a salad. And it's highly adaptable. Add garlic or tarragon in place of the mustard, or infuse it with other herbs. For a creamy dressing, replace the oil with buttermilk, crème fraîche or mayonnaise. Some chefs even use vegetable purées or nut milks in place of the oil.
Provided by Julia Moskin
Categories easy, quick, salads and dressings
Yield 1/3 cup, enough for a salad serving 4 to 6 people
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Pour vinegar into a shallow bowl. Whisk in salt.
- Gradually whisk in olive oil. Adding it slowly will help the dressing emulsify. Whisk in the mustard, if using.
- Add a few grinds of black pepper and taste. Add more of whatever you think it needs, a bit at a time. (Too tart? Add oil. Too bland? Add salt and vinegar.)
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 81, UnsaturatedFat 8 grams, Carbohydrate 0 grams, Fat 9 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 0 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 33 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams
It's hard to imagine five minutes better spent in the kitchen than those making vinaigrette, the closest thing there is to an all-purpose sauce. At its most basic, vinaigrette is acid and oil, salt and pepper, with additional flavors as desired. This standard vinaigrette begins, not surprisingly, with extra-virgin olive oil. To vary the flavor, you could use walnut or hazelnut oil or, if you want to play down the flavor of oil, a neutral oil like grapeseed or canola. It continues with good wine vinegar, which could take you from champagne vinegar to an extra-mild Asian rice vinegar. (Balsamic and sherry vinegars are too dominant for many uses.) Lemon juice is a fine substitute, but because it is less acidic than most vinegars, you will need more of it.
Provided by Mark Bittman
Categories easy, condiments
Yield About 3/4 cup
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Combine all ingredients except shallot in a blender and turn on machine; a creamy emulsion will form within 30 seconds. Taste and add vinegar a teaspoon or two at a time until balance tastes right to you.
- Add shallot, if using, and turn machine on and off a few times until shallot is minced within dressing. Taste, adjust seasoning and serve. (This will keep, refrigerated, for a few days.)
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 161, UnsaturatedFat 15 grams, Carbohydrate 0 grams, Fat 18 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 0 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 59 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams
More about "simple vinaigrette recipes"
SIMPLE VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
3.5/5 (13)Total Time 5 minsServings 4Calories 92 per serving
SIMPLE VINAIGRETTE, PREPARE IT ONCE A WEEK | BROWNSUGAR&VANILLA
EASY VINAIGRETTE DRESSING (3 INGREDIENTS!) - I HEART NAPTIME
BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - COOKING CLASSY
HOW TO MAKE VINAIGRETTES AND DRESSINGS - BBC GOOD FOOD
BASIC VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - HUGH ACHESON | FOOD & WINE
SIMPLE VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
SIMPLE VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - KRISTINE'S KITCHEN
VINAIGRETTE DRESSING RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
EASY, BASIC VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - PRIMAVERA KITCHEN
EASY LEMON VINAIGRETTE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
21 VINAIGRETTE RECIPES THAT YOUR SALADS NEED | BON APPéTIT
BEST RED WINE VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE RED WINE …
SIMPLE VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
JULIA CHILD SIMPLE VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
7 BASIC VINAIGRETTE RECIPES - SWEET PEAS AND SAFFRON
BEET SALAD WITH EASY BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE A BASIC VINAIGRETTE - KITCHN
5 EASY VINAIGRETTE RECIPES YOU CAN MAKE AT HOME
SIMPLE VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
BASIC VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
BASIC VINAIGRETTE RECIPE (PLUS 3 ESSENTIAL VARIATIONS ... - COOKIE AND …
HOW TO MAKE VINAIGRETTE (PLUS, TIPS AND TRICKS) | TASTE OF HOME
SIMPLE LEMON VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | WHOLEFULLY
SIMPLE VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
EASY HOMEMADE VINAIGRETTE - LOVING IT VEGAN
REAL SIMPLE VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
10 HEALTHY AND EASY VINAIGRETTE RECIPES - STEP TO HEALTH
SIMPLE LIME VINAIGRETTE - THE HARVEST KITCHEN
REAL SIMPLE VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE A SIMPLE VINAIGRETTE - CANADIAN FOOD FOCUS
LEMON VINAIGRETTE RECIPE (EASY) | KITCHN
EVERY VINAIGRETTE RECIPE YOU’LL EVER NEED (15 RECIPES!)
RASPBERRY VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
VINAIGRETTE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
HOW TO MAKE BASIC VINAIGRETTE RECIPES | COOKING LIGHT
BASIC VINAIGRETTE RECIPE — PLUS EASY VARIATIONS!
HOW TO MAKE A VINAIGRETTE DESSING - SALT PEPPER SKILLET
You'll also love