SIRLOIN STEAK 'N ONIONS
- Position broiler rack so that top of meat in pan will be 4" from the heat source; OR Cook on grill, preheat broiler or grill.
- Combine oil, minced onion, 3/4 teaspoon Garlic, 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, brush over one side of steak.
- Place steak on grill seasoned side up, Broil 12 to 15 minutes with-out turning for medium-rare or cook on grill to your liking.
- In large skillet melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat.
- add onions and shallot.
- Cover; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened 5 minutes.
- Uncover; cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining garlic powder, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Add wine and broth; cook until liquid is reduced by half, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in remaining butter into onion sauce; serve over Steak and Mashed Potatoes.
GRILLED SIRLOIN STEAK AND VIDALIA ONIONS
- Heat your grill. Peel and slice onions about 3/4-inch thick. Brush oil on onions, place on hot grill and cook until they are translucent. Season steaks with rotisserie blend seasoning, salt and pepper and cook on grill to desired doneness. Arrange on serving plate with onion disks in middle of plate, and serve.
PAN-SEARED STEAK AND ONIONS
Usually cooked over an open fire in an iron skillet; this stove-top seared steak with bourbon-flavored onions is excellent eaten with sourdough bread. Sourdough, developed during the gold rush years, was made with a yeast started of flour mixed with water until it fermented and soured.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 15 minutes. Transfer the onions to a bowl and set aside.
- Generously season both sides of the steak with salt and pepper. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of the oil to the skillet and fry the steak over medium heat, turning once, until browned, about 6 minutes per side for medium. Transfer the steak to a serving platter and cover to keep warm.
- Add the bourbon to the skillet and, over medium heat, scrape up any bits that cling to the pan. Allow the liquor to simmer until reduced by half, about 1 minute. Add the onions and the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and stir until the butter is melted. Reduce the heat and gently simmer until the onions are heated through, about 2 minutes. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper and stir in any juices that have run off from the steak.
- To serve, cut the steak into 1/4-inch-thick slices and top with the onions.
SIRLOIN STEAK WITH RED ONION RELISH
Sirloin steak doesn't need much in the way of flavor enhancement. But somehow adding a sage-seasoned onion relish seems to amp up the awesome.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Cut steak into 6 equal portions. Rub both sides evenly with pepper.
- Heat 1 tsp. of the oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add steak; cook 5 min. on each side for medium doneness (160°F). Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining 1 tsp. oil to drippings in skillet. Add onions; cook and stir 5 to 7 min. or until crisp-tender. Add steak sauce and sage; cook an additional 2 min., stirring occasionally. Slice steak. Serve relish over the steak slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 180, Fat 8 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Sodium 230 mg, Carbohydrate 5 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 3 g, Protein 20 g
SIRLOIN STEAK WITH MUSHROOMS
- Season steak with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat a heavy skillet over high heat until a drop of water immediately sizzles and evaporates when flicked onto the skillet's surface. Pour in oil. Add steak and cook until it is beginning to firm and is hot and slightly pink in the center, about 4 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C).
- Remove steak from skillet and set aside. Tent with foil to keep warm. Discard oil remaining in the skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook mushrooms, shallot, and garlic, stirring frequently, until softened, about 5 minutes. Pour in white wine and cook until slightly reduced. Pour in beef broth. Reduce heat to low and stir in butter, 1 cube at a time, stirring well after each addition. Stir in tarragon. Season with salt and pepper. Serve mushroom sauce over the steak.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 568.6 calories, Carbohydrate 5.5 g, Cholesterol 119.3 mg, Fat 42.6 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 32.6 g, SaturatedFat 19 g, Sodium 446.6 mg, Sugar 1.1 g
STEAK WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS
Caramelized onions splashed with balsamic vinegar makes a full-flavored, lower-calorie alternative to a high-fat sauce.
Provided by mielhollinger
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a medium skillet melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Add onions and garlic.
- Cook, covered, for 13-15 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Add brown sugar and salt.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat 4-5 minutes or until onions are golden brown, stirring constantly.
- Meanwhile, cut meat into 4 serving-size pieces.
- Sprinkle pepper on both sides of each meat piece.
- Place on the unheated rack of a boiler pan.
- Broil 3 inches from the heat to desired doneness, turning once.
- (Allow 10-12 minutes for medium rare.) Stir vinegar into onions.
- Spoon onion mixture over steak.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
STEAK WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS
- Place steaks on a large plate, and rub with garlic paste and 2 tablespoons oil, coating completely. Season generously with salt and pepper. Set aside to marinate 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until hot and just starting to smoke. Reduce heat to medium; add onions, and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and golden brown, about 7 minutes. Add sugar, vinegar, and 2 tablespoons water; simmer, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender, about 3 minutes more. Transfer onions to a bowl, and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Wipe skillet clean. Heat remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking. Cook steaks until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board, and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
TOP SIRLOIN STEAK WITH BELL PEPPER AND ONION SAUTé
- Place steaks in glass baking dish. Mix 4 tablespoons oil, vinegar and half of garlic in small bowl. Pour over steaks; turn to coat. Marinate 30 minutes at room temperature or refrigerate 3 hours.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bell peppers and remaining garlic and sauté 8 minutes. Add broth, increase heat and boil until vegetables are tender and liquid thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 3 hours ahead. Cover and chill.)
- Prepare barbeque (high heat) or preheat broiler. Remove steaks from marinade. Sprinkle with salt and generous amount of pepper. Grill steaks until cooked as desired, about 5 minutes per side for rare. Transfer steaks to platter and let stand 5 minutes. Bring vegetables to simmer. Slice steaks; arrange on platter. Top with vegetables and skillet juices. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
More about "sirloin steak n onions recipes"
SIRLOIN STEAKS WITH RED WINE ONIONS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SIRLOIN STEAK 'N ONIONS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND ...
SIRLOIN STEAK 'N ONIONS RECIPE | CHAMPSDIET.COM
SIRLOIN STEAK WITH SPRING ONIONS RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
SIRLOIN STEAK WITH GARLIC BUTTER - DINNER AT THE ZOO
BONELESS SIRLOIN STEAK WITH ONIONS & TOMATOES!!! - LIVING THE
BEEF SIRLOIN STEAK WITH ONION BARBECUE SAUCE | METRO
SIRLOIN STEAK RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
10 BEST SMOTHERED SIRLOIN STEAK RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST SIRLOIN STEAK RECIPES | YUMMLY
PAN SEARED SIRLOIN STEAKS WITH SAUTEED ONIONS RECIPE
SIRLOIN STEAK WITH GOLDEN ONIONS RECIPE - WOMAN'S DAY
STEAK STRIPS AND ONIONS RECIPE - RECIPELAND.COM
OVEN ROASTED SIRLOIN STEAK WITH ONION SAUCE - COOKING CHAT
SIRLOIN STEAK 'N ONIONS RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
BEEF SIRLOIN WITH ONIONS RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
TOP SIRLOIN STEAK WITH ONIONS AND MUSHROOMS RECIPE
HOW TO COOK TOP SIRLOIN STEAK IN THE OVEN - WHOLESOME YUM
SIRLOIN STEAKS WITH CREAMY ONION SAUCE - MILK MEANS MORE
THE BEST EASY SIRLOIN STEAK MARINADE RECIPE - WHITNEYBOND.COM
SIRLOIN STEAK 'N ONIONS - PLAIN.RECIPES
QUICK SKILLET STEAK WITH ONIONS AND MUSHROOMS - SKINNYTASTE
SIRLOIN STEAK WITH GOLDEN ONION RINGS | TESCO REAL FOOD
SIRLOIN STEAK PEPPERS ONIONS RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
EASY STEAK PEPPERS AND ONIONS FOIL PACKETS - SUNDAY SUPPER …
BALSAMIC GLAZED STEAK AND ONIONS - SWIRLS OF FLAVOR
SIRLOIN STEAK 'N ONIONS RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | STEAK AND …
LONGHORN BEEF SIRLOIN RECIPE WITH CHARRED ONIONS
SIRLOIN STEAK AND POTATOES RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SAUTéED SIRLOIN TIPS WITH BELL PEPPERS AND ONION
CREAMY SIRLOIN STEAK WITH MUSHROOMS - THE MIDNIGHT BAKER
SIRLOIN STEAK AND CARAMELIZED ONION WINE SAUCE RECIPE - HOME …
SIRLOIN STEAK AND POTATOES CROCK POT RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
10 EASY SIRLOIN STEAK RECIPES | REAL SIMPLE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook a steak with onions and garlic?
What are the best recipes for sirloin steak strips?
How do you cook a top sirloin steak without a grill?
How to cook Bourbon Steak in a pan?