SOUR CHERRY CRUMBLE PIE
This is an amazing sour cherry pie that I bake every summer with fresh sour cherries that we pick up in our garden! I got the original recipe from epicurious. The pie can even be cooked with Bing cherries if you add 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon to the filling.
Provided by Akeleie
Yield 1 pie, 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Roll out a pie crust disk on floured surpace. Transfer to a 12 inch pie dish. Trim overhang to 1 inchl. Fold edges under. Crim, forming high rim. Chill at least 30 minutes and up to a day.
- For crumble:Mix first 6 ingredients in a bowl. Add butter which should be at room temperature as well as vanilla. Rub with fingers until small clumps form.
- For filling:Position rack in enter of oven. Preheat to 375°F Place foil-lined baking sheet in bottom of oven to catch spills. Mix sugar, flour, cinnamon and sald in large bowl. Add cherries, toss to coat. Let stand until cherries begin to release juice, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Add almond extract and tapioca before mixing gently and transfering filling to chilled crust, mounding in center. You can decrease amount of tapioca if your cherries are not very juicy. Sprinkle crumble over, covering completely and pressing to adhere.
- Bake pie 20 minutes. Tent loosely with foil. Bake until filling bubbles thickly and streusel is golden, about 1 hour 15 minutes longer. Cool on a rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 355.7, Fat 9.9, SaturatedFat 6, Cholesterol 24.4, Sodium 100.5, Carbohydrate 66.1, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 45.2, Protein 3.5
CHERRY STREUSEL COFFEE CAKE
This is one of my family's favorite coffeecakes. The original recipe called for 3/4 cup evaporate milk with 1 Tbls. lemon juice in it and it was very good. However, using the sour cream and milk makes it even better. It is so moist and tender and delicious you will have to eat seconds! Works well for company or to give as a gift too. I always prepare it on Saturday night for Sunday morning. Just cover lightly with a towel.
Provided by Marg CaymanDesigns
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of the mixture.
- Add baking powder and baking soda to the remaining flour mixture.
- Put approximately 1/2 cup of sour cream (I use Breakstone Fat Free) in a 'liquid' measuring cup.
- Add enough milk to make 3/4 cup.
- Blend together well and add to dry ingredients along with beaten egg and extract; stir just until moistened.
- Spread 2/3 of the batter over bottom and about 1 inch up the side of a greased 9-inch springform pan to form a shell.
- Spread pie filling in shell.
- Drop small spoonfuls of remaining batter over pie filling.
- Stir almonds into reserved crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle evenly over cake.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 50 to 55 minutes.
MARTHA'S SOUR CHERRY PIE
- Make the filling: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toss together the cherries, sugar, cornstarch, and vanilla in a bowl.
- Make the crust: Roll out 1 disk pate brisee to a 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Fit dough into a 9-inch pie plate. Pour in filling; dot with butter. Refrigerate while making top crust.
- Roll remaining disk pate brisee to a 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut out 4 to 5 holes using a 3/4-inch round cookie cutter or pastry tip. Place on top of pie.
- Trim bottom and top crusts to a 1-inch overhang using kitchen shears and press together to seal around edges. Fold edges under; crimp as desired. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Brush crust with egg wash. Bake pie on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet set on the middle rack, until pie is bubbling in center and crust is golden, 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours. Transfer pie to a wire rack and let cool before serving.
CHERRY STREUSEL BARS
Ellen Borst writes from Park Falls, Wisconsin,"I combined my grandmother's apple crisp topping with a traditional cherry pie recipe to come up with these flavorful bars."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 2-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. In another bowl, whisk the egg, water and vinegar. stir into flour mixture with a fork until a soft ball forms. , On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into a 15x10-in. rectangle. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until firm and dry to the touch., Meanwhile, combine pie filling and orange zest; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and remaining flour; cut in butter until crumbly. , Spread cherry mixture over crust. Sprinkle with crumb mixture. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 227 calories, Fat 14g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 33mg cholesterol, Sodium 176mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (12g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
CHERRY-ALMOND STREUSEL TART
Brimming with fresh cherries and topped with a crunchy streusel, this tempting tart is a great way to end dinner on a sweet note. It's elegant, tastes delicious, and is so easy to make. -Marion Lee, Mount Hope, Ontario
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom; trim edges., In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in cherries; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Pour into crust., For topping, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar and almonds. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over filling. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 298 calories, Fat 11g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 13mg cholesterol, Sodium 143mg sodium, Carbohydrate 49g carbohydrate (27g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
More about "sour cherry streusel pie recipes"
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions