FRESH CORN CASSEROLE WITH RED BELL PEPPERS AND JALAPENOS
Try Ree Drummond's Fresh Corn Casserole with Red Bell Peppers and Jalapenos Food Network recipe for a spicy take on corn casserole.
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the corn from the husks. In a large, deep bowl, slice off the kernels of corn with a sharp knife. Turn the knife to the dull side and scrape the cob all the way down to remove all the bits of kernel and creamy milk inside. (I do this inside the bowl because it goes everywhere if you cut it on a board.)
- Add the red bell peppers, jalapenos, heavy cream, milk, salt to taste, a generous amount of pepper and butter and mix it well. Pour into a 9 by 13-inch baking dish. Bake until thoroughly warmed through, 30 to 45 minutes.
I've been making this mild family-pleasing southwest casserole recipe for years. It tastes wonderful, fits nicely into our budget and, best of all, makes a second one to freeze and enjoy later. -Joan Hallford, North Richland Hills, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat, crumbling beef, until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in next 8 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Drain macaroni; stir into beef mixture., Preheat oven to 375°. Transfer macaroni mixture to 2 greased 2-qt. baking dishes. Top with cheese and jalapenos. Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake until bubbly and heated through, about 10 minutes longer. Serve 1 casserole. Cool the second; cover and freeze up to 3 months., To use frozen casserole: Thaw in refrigerator 8 hours. Preheat oven to 375°. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°, 20-25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 321 calories, Fat 15g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 64mg cholesterol, Sodium 673mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 24g protein.
SOUTHWESTERN CORN AND PEPPERS
- In a 2-quart microwave-safe casserole dish, combine corn, bell pepper, onion and butter.
- Cover and microwave on high until bell pepper is crisp-tender (5-7 minutes), stirring once.
- Stir in cumin, salt and ground pepper. Cover and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 150.9, Fat 3.9, SaturatedFat 2, Cholesterol 7.6, Sodium 317.7, Carbohydrate 29.7, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 2.1, Protein 4.2
SOUTHWESTERN CORN AND BLACK BEAN SKILLET
- Combine corn, bell pepper, jalapeno, onion, lime juice, chili powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Stir until evenly combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn mixture and cook until onion has softened, about 6 minutes. Stir in black beans and cook for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat and sprinkle cilantro over the top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 95.4 calories, Carbohydrate 19.1 g, Fat 0.8 g, Fiber 5.5 g, Protein 4.9 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Sodium 238.1 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
More about "southwestern corn and pepper casserole recipes"
SLOW COOKER SOUTHWESTERN CORN CASSEROLE - SPICY …
Cuisine Tex-MexCategory Side DishServings 8Calories 196 per serving
- Place peppers on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil until skin is blackened on all sides. Place in a zip-top bag for 10 minutes.Peel the skin from the peppers. Discard the stem and seeds. Chop the peppers.
- Place a double layer of paper towels on top of the slow cooker and place the lid on. You want the paper towels to be secure just beneath the lid.
TASTEE RECIPE EASY SOUTHWESTERN CORN CASSEROLE - STRAIGHT ...
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
SCALLOPED CORN CASSEROLE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Ratings 41Calories 209 per servingCategory Side Dish, Dinner
SOUTHWESTERN CORN AND PEPPER CASSEROLE - FOOD CHANNEL
Estimated Reading Time 40 secsTotal Time 35 mins
10 BEST SOUTHWESTERN CASSEROLE GROUND BEEF RECIPES | …
10 BEST SOUTHWESTERN CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SOUTHWESTERN SUMMER SQUASH CORN AND POBLANO CASSEROLE
4.6/5 (11)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Vegetarian / Vegan EntreesCalories 404 per serving
- Heat butter and oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until beginning to soften.
- Add the sliced zucchini, yellow squash and chopped poblano peppers and continue cooking, stirring often another 5 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are starting to become tender.
- Add the corn kernels and garlic and stir until garlic is fragrant, approximately 30 seconds. Set aside to cool slightly.
GROUND BEEF CASSEROLE RECIPE - AMANDA'S COOKIN'
Ratings 256Calories 340 per servingCategory Dinner
- In large skillet brown ground beef with onions, bell pepper and red pepper flakes. Season with Magic Dust or steak seasoning.
SOUTHWESTERN STUFFED PEPPER CASSEROLE - A KITCHEN ADDICTION
5/5 (1)Category Main DishServings 8Total Time 40 mins
- Cook ground beef in a large skillet until no longer pink. Drain excess grease. Add onion, garlic, green peppers, and salt. Cook until onions turn translucent.
- In a large bowl, stir together rice, spaghetti sauce, corn, beans, tomatoes, and 3/4 cup shredded cheese. Add in ground beef mixture and stir until combined. Spread mixture in a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup shredded cheese over the top.
SOUTHWEST BLACK BEANS POLENTA CASSEROLE - COTTER CRUNCH ...
3.7/5 (58)Total Time 45 minsCategory Main DishCalories 270 per serving
- When polenta is almost done cooking, add in butter or oil, and 4 ounces of shredded cheese. Stir until creamy.
- Next stir in the minced garlic, onion, salt, chili powder, 2 eggs, and coconut flour with the polenta. Mix thoroughly.
SOUTHWEST BACON, JALAPEñO & CORN CASSEROLE - MY FOOD AND ...
Cuisine SouthwestCategory DairyServings 12Total Time 1 hr 10 mins
SOUTHWESTERN CORN AND PEPPER CASSEROLE
SOUTHWEST CHICKEN CASSEROLE - CHUGWATER CHILI
SOUTHWESTERN CORN SALAD RECIPE EASY - ALL INFORMATION ...
SIMPLE COOKING, RECIPE : SOUTHWESTERN CORN AND PEPPER ...
SOUTHWEST CORN DISH - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
SOUTHWESTERN CORN DISH - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
SOUTHWEST CORN MIX - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES ...
EASY SOUTHWESTERN CHICKEN CASSEROLE - RECIPES ...
SOUTHWEST CORN CASSEROLE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
SOUTHWESTERN CORN - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES ...
NEW RECEIPES: RECIPES: SOUTHWESTERN CORN AND PEPPER CASSEROLE
SOUTHWESTERN CORN CASSEROLE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
SOUTHWESTERN CORN AND PEPPER CASSEROLE RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What do you put in a Scalloped Corn Casserole?This easy scalloped corn casserole is made with fresh, frozen, or canned corn. A simple white sauce and an egg act as the binder for this corn bake, while chopped green bell pepper adds color and flavor. Add some red or orange bell pepper to the green bell pepper for extra color.
How to cook corn on the cob and peppers in microwave?PER SERVING % DAILY VALUE In a 2-quart microwave-safe casserole dish, combine corn, bell pepper, onion and butter. Cover and microwave on high until bell pepper is crisp-tender (5-7 minutes), stirring once. Stir in cumin, salt and ground pepper.
How to cook corn on the cob with jalapenos?Directions 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. 2 Remove the corn from the husks. In a large, deep bowl, slice off the kernels of corn with a sharp knife. Turn the knife... 3 Add the red bell peppers, jalapenos, heavy cream, milk, salt to taste, a generous amount of pepper and butter and mix it... More ...
How do you reheat a frozen corn casserole?Wrap the casserole well with plastic wrap and then foil. Label and date the casserole and freeze it for up to two months. To reheat a corn casserole from frozen, unwrap the frozen casserole and place it back in the original baking dish. Cover with foil and thaw the casserole in the refrigerator overnight.