SPICE-RUBBED PORK CHOPS WITH SORGHUM BBQ SAUCE
- Combine the ketchup, sorghum, vinegar, mustard, ancho powder, habanero and some salt and pepper in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Set aside about 1/2 cup for serving; keep warm.
- Prepare a grill for medium-high indirect heat. Brush the top of the pork chops lightly with canola oil, and rub the oiled side with the spice rub. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Place the chops rub-side down over direct heat on the grill and cook until charred, about 4 minutes. Brush the tops with canola oil, flip, and cook for 1 minute, just to brown the bottom a bit. Brush the tops generously with barbecue sauce; shift them over to indirect heat and cook, covered, until a meat thermometer registers an internal temperature of 150 degrees F, about 5 minutes. Remove the chops from the grill, brush them with more of the sauce and let rest, loosely tented, for 10 minutes. Serve with the reserved BBQ sauce.
- In a bowl, whisk together the ancho, coriander, mustard, paprika, pepper, salt, chile de arbol, cumin and oregano until blended. Store in a cool, dark place, tightly covered, for up to 6 months.
- Yield: about 1 1/2 cups
PORK RUB RUBBED AND BAKED PORK CHOPS
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Mix paprika, sugar, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper together in a wide, shallow bowl. Dredge pork chops in the spice mixture to coat and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Bake chops in preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 291.8 calories, Carbohydrate 8.4 g, Cholesterol 106.6 mg, Fat 9.5 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 41.7 g, SaturatedFat 3.2 g, Sodium 1231.7 mg, Sugar 5.2 g
CORIANDER AND CUMIN RUBBED PORK CHOPS
- Mix the salt, cumin, coriander, garlic, and 1 tablespoon olive oil to form a paste. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper, and rub with the paste.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the pork chops about 5 minutes on each side, to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 277.9 calories, Carbohydrate 4.8 g, Cholesterol 38.2 mg, Fat 22 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 15.5 g, SaturatedFat 4.5 g, Sodium 615.3 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
SPICE-RUBBED GRILLED PORK CHOPS
Dry rubs are also a terrific way to season pork chops. Select chops of close to an inch in thickness - nothing flimsy - then grill them over steady medium heat. We opt for rib chops over the center-cut variety when cooking outdoors because their greater fat content helps keep them moist, and we always prefer bone-in chops for their juiciness. You might add a barbecue sauce on the side with these, but we relish their crispy surface unvarnished.
Provided by Cheryl Alters Jamison
Yield Makes 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- At least 1 and up to 8 hours before you plan to grill the pork chops, prepare the dry rub, combining the ingredients in a small bowl. Coat the chops with the spice mixture, place them in a large plastic bag, seal, and refrigerate.
- Fire up the grill, bringing the heat to medium (4 to 5 seconds with the hand test).
- Remove the chops from the refrigerator and let them sit covered at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- Spray the chops with oil and transfer them to the grill. Grill for 18 to 20 minutes total. Turn onto each side twice, rotating the chops a half turn each time to get criss-cross grill marks. The chops are done when just a hint of pink remains at the center. Serve hot.
MOROCCAN SPICE RUBBED PORK CHOPS
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, oil, cinnamon, coriander, cumin and paprika to form a paste. Press spice mixture onto both sides of each pork chop.
- Light coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray and heat to medium high. Grill pork until there is no trace of pink near the bone, 6-8 minutes per side. Sprinkle with salt and season with pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 353.8, Fat 19.2, SaturatedFat 6.1, Cholesterol 137.3, Sodium 255.8, Carbohydrate 1.1, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 0.1, Protein 41.4
SPICE-RUBBED PORK CHOPS WITH GRILLED ZUCCHINI
- In a large zip-top bag, combine coriander, brown sugar, cumin, and 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add pork and 1 tablespoon oil and toss to coat. Refrigerate at least 8 hours (or up to 1 day).
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high; clean and lightly oil hot grill. Grill pork, covered, about 5 minutes per side for medium. Let rest, covered, 10 minutes.
- Clean and lightly oil hot grill. Toss zucchini with 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill until tender, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Grate 1 tablespoon lime zest, then cut limes into wedges. Transfer half the zucchini to a serving plate and sprinkle with zest and feta. Chop and refrigerate remaining zucchini for Herbed Ricotta Pasta with Corn and Zucchini. Serve zucchini and pork with lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 585 g, Fat 35 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 58 g, SaturatedFat 12 g
GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH SPICE PASTE
- In a bowl, mix together garlic, oil, sugar, salt, paprika, pepper, and cayenne until a paste forms. Coat pork chops with paste and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 1 hour (or up to 3).
- Heat grill to medium-high; clean and lightly oil hot grates. Grill pork, covered, 5 minutes per side for medium. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 574 g, Fat 35 g, Protein 54 g
SPICE-RUBBED GRILL PORK CHOPS
Provided by Patrick and Gina Neely : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat and brush the grill grates with olive oil.
- Whisk together 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, cumin and allspice in a small bowl. Sprinkle the pork chops with the rub. Grill the pork chops on each side 6 to 7 minutes, for a total of 12 to 14 minutes. Remove the chops to a plate and tent with foil.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Once the butter starts to foam, add the shallot and saute until tender. Add the flour and stir until pasty. Stir in the pomegranate juice, beef stock, red wine vinegar and raspberry preserves. Bring to a simmer while stirring. The sauce will thicken when it begins to simmer. Taste and then season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the pork chops over the rice with sauce ladled over top. Garnish with fresh pomegranate seeds.
More about "spice rubbed grilled pork chops recipes"
DRY RUBBED GRILLED PORK CHOPS RECIPE - COOKING LSL
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients for the dry rub.Wash and dry meat with paper towels.Rub meat with seasoning on both sides. Let it sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.In the mean time, preheat grill for medium-high heat. Clean grates.Grill pork chops for 5 minutes per side (chops are on the thin side, 1/2 inch thick), until fully cooked.Remove from the grill and let pork chops sit at room temperature for 2-3 minutes, then serve.
- In a bowl, place spinach, tomatoes and onions.Season with salt and pepper to taste, add olive oil, vinegar and balsamic.Toss and taste, add more salt or vinegar if needed.
GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH DRY SPICE RUB - GETTYSTEWART.COM
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Generously coat each pork chop with the spice rub. As the name suggests, rub the spice mix into the meat.
SPICE-RUBBED GRILLED PORK CHOPS - LEITE'S CULINARIA RECIPE ...
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- In a small bowl, combine the coriander, chipotle, salt, cumin, paprika, and mustard powder. Pat the chops dry with paper towels and season both sides with the spice mixture and then rub the seasoned chops with the olive oil.
- Sear the pork chops on the hot side of the grill until the exterior forms a nice crust, about 4 minutes per side. Move the pork to the low-heat side, cover the grill, and cook until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 140°F (60°C), 8 to 12 minutes.
FIVE-SPICE GRILLED PORK CHOPS - LEITE'S CULINARIA RECIPE ...
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Place the pork chops in a nonreactive dish. In a small bowl, stir together the ginger, garlic if using, five-spice powder, oil, and a few grinds of coarsely ground pepper. Rub the ginger mixture evenly over both sides of the chops, cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Season the pork chops on both sides with salt. Place them on the grill rack or grill pan and cook, turning once, until blazoned with grill marks, golden on the outside, and barely pink at the center when cut into with a knife, 6 to 7 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness. Transfer the chops to a warmed platter and let them rest for 5 minutes, during which time they’ll continue to cook from the residual heat. Then serve.
SPICE-RUBBED PORK CHOPS | RECIPES | WW USA
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, sugar, cumin and garlic powder. Add Worcestershire sauce and stir until paste forms.
- Rub paste onto both sides of each pork chop, place on prepared pan and broil 4 minutes on each side until inside is no longer pink.
PORK CHOPS WITH INDIAN SPICE RUB RECIPE
Calories 422Saturated Fat 8g 39%Cholesterol 134mg 45%Total Fat 24g 30% See details »
EASY PAN-GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH SPICY RUB RECIPE
Estimated Reading Time 1 min See details »
HOT & SPICY GRILLED PORK CHOPS | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY ...
5/5 (4) See details »
SPICE-RUBBED PORK CHOPS | RICARDO
See details »
SIMPLE GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH HOMEMADE BBQ RUB | HEY ...
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Prepare your grill for cooking. Allow the grill to preheat on medium high (around 400 degrees F) for 10 minutes.
SPICE-RUBBED PORK CHOPS - DIABETIC FOODIE
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Place the pork chops on a cutting board and spread about half of the seasoning mixture on the exposed surface.
THE BEST GRILLED PORK CHOPS RECIPE - LEMON BLOSSOMS
- Rub or brush the pork chops with olive oil and sprinkle generously with the spice mix, massaging it into the meat. You can allow the pork to sit on the counter while you heat up the grill or you can refrigerate them covered, overnight. When ready to cook allow the meat to come to room temperature for 20 minutes before grilling.
- For Gas Grill and Pellet Grill: Clean and oil the grill grate. Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat to about 400°F. - 450° F. (or you can use an indoor grill pan). Turn off the burners on one side of the grill to create 2 zones, a zone of direct heat and a zone of indirect heat.
- For Charcoal Grill: Clean and oil the grates. Light a chimney with enough charcoal to cover half of the grill (I fill a charcoal chimney ¾ full). When all charcoal is lit and covered with gray ash, pour out the coals on one side of the grill, leaving the other side empty. This creates 2-zones, a zone of direct heat and a zone for indirect heat. Set the clean and oiled cooking grate in place, cover the grill, and allow to preheat for about 5 minutes.
GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH BEST SPICE RUB AND BBQ SAUCE!
- In a gallon-size freezer bag, mix salt with warm water until the salt dissolves. Whisk in apple cider vinegar, brown sugar and ice. Add the pork and seal (make sure all the chops are submerged).
- Brine for 20-30 minutes at room temperature or up to 4 hours in the refrigerator. Don’t brine any longer or the pork can become mushy. If making homemade barbecue sauce, you can make it while the pork chops are brining. Remove pork from brine and thoroughly rinse in cool water. Pat dry.
- Lightly drizzle and rub the top side of the pork chops with olive oil then season and rub with half of the spice rub; repeat with the other side. Let pork chops sit at room temperature for 30 minutes if they have been refrigerated in the brine, otherwise, if you have brine at room temperature, you can grill right away.
GRILLED SPICE-RUBBED PORK CHOPS WITH SCALLION-LIME RICE ...
- Place pork chops on a rimmed baking sheet or in a shallow dish; rub with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Rub chops all over with choice of rub, pressing to adhere. Place chops and corn on grill grate coated with cooking spray. Grill, covered, until a thermometer inserted into thickest portion of pork registers 140°F (temperature will continue to rise to 145°F as it rests off heat), turning occasionally at a 90-degree angle to ensure even grill marks, about 3 minutes per side. Grill corn, turning occasionally, until charred and cooked, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove chops and corn from grill.
- Lightly coat scallions with cooking spray, and place on grate. Grill, turning often, until just softened and charred, about 90 seconds.
- Cook brown rice according to package directions. Cut corn kernels from cob into a large bowl. Chop scallions into 1-inch pieces, and add to corn. Add rice, tomatoes, lime juice, salt, pepper, and remaining 1 tablespoon oil; toss to combine. Serve rice mixture alongside pork chops.
SPICE-RUBBED GRILLED PORK CHOPS ON A STICK | MIDWEST LIVING
- To prevent wooden skewers or chopsticks from burning while grilling chops, soak them in water for 30 minutes before inserting into chops. Or, if you like, don't serve the pork chops on a stick.
- For rub: In a small bowl, combine paprika, brown sugar, onion salt, garlic powder, ginger, cinnamon, cumin, mustard, cayenne and black pepper. Brush chops on both sides with soy sauce. Sprinkle rub over chops and rub in with your fingers. Insert a wooden chopstick into a short side of each chop.
- For a charcoal grill, arrange medium-hot coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above pan. Place pork chops on grill rack over pan. Cover; grill chops 30 to 35 minutes or until chops are slightly pink in center and juices run clear (145°F to 160°F). (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Adjust for indirect cooking. Place chops on grill rack over burner that is turned off. Cover and grill as directed.) Remove from grill; let stand for 3 minutes before serving.
SPICE-RUBBED PORK CHOPS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
See details »
SPICED COFFEE RUBBED GRILLED PORK CHOPS RECIPE BY CHEF THOMAS
See details »
SAUCY GRILLED PORK CHOPS RECIPES
See details »
RUBBED PORK CHOPS RECIPES
See details »
GRILLED SPICE RUBBED PORK CHOPS WITH PEACH GLAZE RECIPES
See details »
You'll also love