GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH DRY SPICE RUB
These flavorful grilled pork chops are perfect for a weekend dinner party or quick and easy family dinner any night of the week. The rub is a perfect combo of sweet, salty, savory and spicy and is made with common pantry ingredients.
Provided by Getty Stewart
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In small bowl combine all dry rub ingredients, mix well.
- Generously coat each pork chop with the spice rub. As the name suggests, rub the spice mix into the meat.
- Place chops in single layer in a sealed container in the fridge for at least 1 hour for best results.
- Remove chops from fridge half an hour before grilling to bring up to room temperature.
- Use a paper towel to coat grill grates evenly but sparingly with canola oil to help prevent food from sticking.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Grill chops for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until juices run clear. Flip only once or twice max.
- Remove from grill and tent loosely with foil for 5 minutes for maximum juiciness.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 720 kcal, Carbohydrate 9 g, Protein 121 g, Fat 19 g, Sodium 2690 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 4 g, ServingSize 1 serving
SPICE-RUBBED GRILL PORK CHOPS
Provided by Patrick and Gina Neely : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat and brush the grill grates with olive oil.
- Whisk together 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, cumin and allspice in a small bowl. Sprinkle the pork chops with the rub. Grill the pork chops on each side 6 to 7 minutes, for a total of 12 to 14 minutes. Remove the chops to a plate and tent with foil.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Once the butter starts to foam, add the shallot and saute until tender. Add the flour and stir until pasty. Stir in the pomegranate juice, beef stock, red wine vinegar and raspberry preserves. Bring to a simmer while stirring. The sauce will thicken when it begins to simmer. Taste and then season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the pork chops over the rice with sauce ladled over top. Garnish with fresh pomegranate seeds.
EASY PAN-GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH SPICY RUB RECIPE
- Gather the ingredients.
- Combine seasonings-thyme, chipotle chili powder, chili powder, Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper-and cover pork thoroughly. Let the chops stand at room temperature for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Coat the grill pan or broiler rack with olive oil.
- Pan grill over medium heat or broil about 4 inches from the heat source for about 6 minutes.
- Turn and grill for 6 to 8 minutes longer-until chops are cooked through.
- Cook time depends on the thickness of chops, but check to make sure meat is at least 145 F in the center of the thickest chop. Use an instant-read thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chops.
- Serve with potatoes and a leafy green vegetable or salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 96 kcal, Carbohydrate 0 g, Cholesterol 22 mg, Fiber 0 g, Protein 7 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 291 mg, Sugar 0 g, Fat 7 g, ServingSize 4 to 6 servings, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
SPICE-RUBBED PORK CHOPS WITH SORGHUM BBQ SAUCE
- Combine the ketchup, sorghum, vinegar, mustard, ancho powder, habanero and some salt and pepper in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Set aside about 1/2 cup for serving; keep warm.
- Prepare a grill for medium-high indirect heat. Brush the top of the pork chops lightly with canola oil, and rub the oiled side with the spice rub. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Place the chops rub-side down over direct heat on the grill and cook until charred, about 4 minutes. Brush the tops with canola oil, flip, and cook for 1 minute, just to brown the bottom a bit. Brush the tops generously with barbecue sauce; shift them over to indirect heat and cook, covered, until a meat thermometer registers an internal temperature of 150 degrees F, about 5 minutes. Remove the chops from the grill, brush them with more of the sauce and let rest, loosely tented, for 10 minutes. Serve with the reserved BBQ sauce.
- In a bowl, whisk together the ancho, coriander, mustard, paprika, pepper, salt, chile de arbol, cumin and oregano until blended. Store in a cool, dark place, tightly covered, for up to 6 months.
- Yield: about 1 1/2 cups
SPICE-RUBBED GRILLED PORK CHOPS
Dry rubs are also a terrific way to season pork chops. Select chops of close to an inch in thickness - nothing flimsy - then grill them over steady medium heat. We opt for rib chops over the center-cut variety when cooking outdoors because their greater fat content helps keep them moist, and we always prefer bone-in chops for their juiciness. You might add a barbecue sauce on the side with these, but we relish their crispy surface unvarnished.
Provided by Cheryl Alters Jamison
Yield Makes 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- At least 1 and up to 8 hours before you plan to grill the pork chops, prepare the dry rub, combining the ingredients in a small bowl. Coat the chops with the spice mixture, place them in a large plastic bag, seal, and refrigerate.
- Fire up the grill, bringing the heat to medium (4 to 5 seconds with the hand test).
- Remove the chops from the refrigerator and let them sit covered at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- Spray the chops with oil and transfer them to the grill. Grill for 18 to 20 minutes total. Turn onto each side twice, rotating the chops a half turn each time to get criss-cross grill marks. The chops are done when just a hint of pink remains at the center. Serve hot.
SPICE-RUBBED PORK CHOPS WITH GRILLED ZUCCHINI
- In a large zip-top bag, combine coriander, brown sugar, cumin, and 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add pork and 1 tablespoon oil and toss to coat. Refrigerate at least 8 hours (or up to 1 day).
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high; clean and lightly oil hot grill. Grill pork, covered, about 5 minutes per side for medium. Let rest, covered, 10 minutes.
- Clean and lightly oil hot grill. Toss zucchini with 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill until tender, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Grate 1 tablespoon lime zest, then cut limes into wedges. Transfer half the zucchini to a serving plate and sprinkle with zest and feta. Chop and refrigerate remaining zucchini for Herbed Ricotta Pasta with Corn and Zucchini. Serve zucchini and pork with lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 585 g, Fat 35 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 58 g, SaturatedFat 12 g
COFFEE-SPICE PORK RUB FOR GRILLING
Take your grilled pork to a new flavor level. Deep flavors of coffee with the smoky background of chipotle complement the richness of pork very well.
Provided by Chef Mo
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine ground coffee, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt, chipotle powder, and cinnamon in a bowl until well blended.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 15.4 calories, Carbohydrate 2.8 g, Fat 0.4 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 0.7 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, Sodium 491.3 mg
GRILLED SPICE-RUBBED PORK CHOPS WITH PEACH GLAZE
This recipe is so simple and delicious--a lovely combination of sweet and savory for grilled pork chops. The pork chops are seasoned with smokey spices and topped with peach jam to compliment these spices. I like to garnish each serving with fresh peach slices to add a little extra "zing".
Provided by MarthaStewartWanabe
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine spices (ginger, paprika, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper). Rub mixture over both sides of pork chops. Allow to dry-marinate for 20-30 minutes at room temperature.
- Grill pork chops for 7-10 minutes on each side or until cooked thoroughly (or juices run clear when pricked with a fork).
- Remove pork chops to a serving platter. Top each pork chop with 1 tbs. peach jam (or preserves) and allow to melt. Garnish with fresh peach slices if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 396, Fat 18, SaturatedFat 6, Cholesterol 137.3, Sodium 189, Carbohydrate 14.2, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 9.7, Protein 41.4
GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH SMOKED PAPRIKA RUB
A lot of purchased barbecue sauces are really high in sugar. If you need to watch the amount of sugar in your diet, try grilling pork chops with this flavorful rub, instead. The rub goes on in advance so the flavors can penetrate the chops.
Provided by Bibi
Categories BBQ & Grilled Pork Chops
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine smoked paprika, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic, and cayenne in a small bowl.
- Pat chops dry with a paper towel and evenly distribute dry ingredient mixture on front and back of each chop. With fingertips, lightly rub dry ingredient mixture into the chops on both sides.
- Place chops on a plate and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Remove rubbed chops from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature, about 20 minutes.
- While chops are getting to room temperature, clean the grate of an outdoor gas grill and preheat to medium heat.
- When the grill is ready, lightly spray chops with avocado oil spray.
- Lightly oil the grill grates, place chops on the grill, and cook for about 3 minutes. Rotate chops 90 degrees to create a criss-cross grill pattern and continue grilling for 3 minutes. Turn chops and grill until pork chops are no longer pink inside, about 4 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- Remove to a serving platter and allow to rest under a foil tent, for about 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 226.7 calories, Carbohydrate 1.5 g, Cholesterol 94.9 mg, Fat 10.1 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 30.9 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 548.9 mg
ULTIMATE GRILLED PORK CHOPS
A little brining and a special dry rub go a long way to making the perfect pork chop. Once you've mastered how to cook thick pork chops, you'll be enjoying them all summer long. -Matthew Hass, Franklin, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large saucepan, combine salt, sugar and 2 cups water; cook and stir over medium heat until salt and sugar are dissolved. Remove from heat. Add 2 cups ice water to cool brine to room temperature., Place pork chops in a large resealable plastic bag; add cooled brine. Seal bag, pressing out as much air as possible; turn to coat chops. Place in a 13x9-in. baking dish. Refrigerate 8-12 hours., Remove chops from brine; rinse and pat dry. Discard brine. Brush both sides of chops with oil. In a small bowl, mix rub ingredients; rub over pork chops. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes., Grill chops on an oiled rack, covered, over medium heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300 calories, Fat 18g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 72mg cholesterol, Sodium 130mg sodium, Carbohydrate 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 30g protein.
QUICK BRINED PORK CHOPS, GRILLED WITH INDIAN SPICE RUB
From Cooks Illustrated Magazine. I haven't made this yet but it looked fabulous and I don't want to lose the recipe. Work and prep times do not include hour brining.
Provided by CHRISSYG
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Grind fennel in a spice grinder.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl except sugar.
- Place in a cold sauté pan.
- Turn heat to medium and heat/toast spices just until fragrant.
- DO NOT BURN.
- Remove from pan allow to cool to room temperature and add the sugar.
- Set aside.
- (can be made in advance and stored, tightly covered) Dissolve salt and sugar in COLD water.
- Pour into a two gallon zip lock type bag and add the chops.
- (Or divide evenly between smaller bags) Squeeze out as much air as possible before sealing.
- Refrigerate for about an hour, turning occasionally.
- Remove chops from brine and pat dry with paper towels.
- Coat with spice mixture and massage into the meat.
- Allow to sit with rub while preparing the grill.
- Prepare Grill to very hot.
- (Gas grill pre-heat 10-15 minutes) if using a gas grill turn off one burner, if using charcoal, move coals to one side of the grill.
- Place chops on the very hot side of the grill, cover and cook until browned on each side (approx 3-4 min per side) then move over to the cooler side of the grill to continue cooking.
- Turning once until internal temperature reaches 135 degrees (approx 7-9 minutes longer) remove from heat and allow to rest at least 5 minutes.
- (Internal temp will rise to about 145 degrees) Serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 356.1, Fat 20.8, SaturatedFat 7.5, Cholesterol 68.8, Sodium 21295.6, Carbohydrate 23.7, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 21.2, Protein 18.8
GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH SPICE PASTE
- In a bowl, mix together garlic, oil, sugar, salt, paprika, pepper, and cayenne until a paste forms. Coat pork chops with paste and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 1 hour (or up to 3).
- Heat grill to medium-high; clean and lightly oil hot grates. Grill pork, covered, 5 minutes per side for medium. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 574 g, Fat 35 g, Protein 54 g
More about "spice rubbed grilled pork chops recipes"
SPICE-RUBBED GRILLED PORK CHOPS | LEITE'S CULINARIA
5/5 (1)Total Time 25 minsCategory MainsCalories 555 per serving
- In a small bowl, combine the coriander, chipotle, salt, cumin, paprika, and mustard powder. Pat the chops dry with paper towels and season both sides with the spice mixture and then rub the seasoned chops with the olive oil.
- Sear the pork chops on the hot side of the grill until the exterior forms a nice crust, about 4 minutes per side. Move the pork to the low-heat side, cover the grill, and cook until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 140°F (60°C), 8 to 12 minutes.
SPICE-RUBBED GRILLED PORK CHOPS ON A STICK | MIDWEST …
SPICE RUBBED GRILLED PORK CHOPS - EAGLE EYE WINES
10 BEST DRY RUB PORK CHOPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPICE-RUBBED PORK CHOPS WITH GRILLED TOMATO ... - JILL …
PORK CHOP SEASONING [SIMPLE DRY RUB FOR GRILLING]
DRY RUBBED GRILLED PORK CHOPS RECIPE - COOKING LSL
HOMEMADE DRY SPICE RUB RECIPE FOR PORK
SOUTHWESTERN GRILLED PORK CHOPS - SLENDER KITCHEN
SPICE-RUBBED PORK CHOPS | RICARDO
5/5 (94)Category Main DishesServings 4Total Time 18 mins
BEST SMOKY GRILLED DRY-RUB PORK CHOPS RECIPE - COUNTRY LIVING
GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH BEST SPICE RUB AND BBQ SAUCE!
SPICE-RUBBED PORK CHOPS - DIABETIC FOODIE
CHIMICHURRI PORK CHOPS WITH SPICY PORK CHOP RUB - A WELL …
SPICY GRILLED PORK CHOPS - THE MIDNIGHT BAKER - STOVETOP GRILLING
GRILLED SPICED PORK CHOPS - HEATHER'S HOMEMADE KITCHEN
GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH HOMEMADE SWEET RUB - HEY GRILL, HEY
THE BEST PORK CHOP SEASONING - GRILL MASTER UNIVERSITY - CAVE TOOLS
GRILLED PORK RECIPES | COOKING LIGHT
SPICE-RUBBED PORK CHOPS RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
SPICED COFFEE RUBBED GRILLED PORK CHOPS - CHEF'S PENCIL
BEST GRILLED PORK CHOPS RECIPE - LEMON BLOSSOMS
SPICE RUBBED PORK CHOPS WITH SUMMERTIME SALSA RECIPE
15 BEST GRILLED PORK CHOPS RUB – EASY RECIPES TO MAKE AT HOME
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST GRILLED PORK CHOPS - EASY WEEKNIGHT RECIPES
SPICE-RUBBED GRILLED PORK CHOPS - MYFREEZEASY
21 PORK CHOP SPICE RUB RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH INDIAN SPICE RUB - THE SPRUCE EATS
GRILLED PORK TENDERLOIN WITH SPICE RUB - THE SEASONED MOM
JUICY GRILLED PORK CHOPS - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
ADOBO SPICE RUBBED PORK CHOPS WITH GRILLED CORN AND LIME …
CAJUN GRILLED PORK CHOPS - YELLOW BLISS ROAD
SPICE-RUBBED PORK CHOPS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PORK CHOP SEASONING (DRY RUB FOR PORK, RIBS, CHOPS, AND MORE)
21 GRILLED THICK CUT PORK CHOP RECIPES - SELECTED RECIPES
You'll also love