BROWN SUGAR AND SOY GLAZE
Provided by Geoffrey Zakarian
Yield About 1 1/2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine the agave, mirin, molasses, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, cardamom, cinnamon, bay leaf, chile and star anise in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a simmer and reduce to a glaze, 10 to 15 minutes. Strain, discarding the solids.
- Use as a glaze for baked ham, or when cooking lamb, chicken or pork. Warm before using, so the glaze coats the meat evenly.
SPICY SOY GLAZE
Categories Sauce Citrus Ginger Low Fat Quick & Easy Winter Jam or Jelly Gourmet
Yield Makes about 3/4 cup
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Chop enough shallots to measure 1 cup. In a heavy saucepan cook shallots in oil over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in soy sauce, water, sugar, jam, gingerroot, garlic, allspice, and red pepper flakes and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced to about 3/4 cup, about 20 minutes. Stir in lime juice and zest. (Glaze may be made 2 days ahead and cooled completely before being chilled, covered.)
Love it on grilled chicken or tuna. It gives an Asian flair.
Provided by Jack
Categories Side Dish Sauces and Condiments Recipes Sauce Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Stir brown sugar, soy sauce, white sugar, water, white wine vinegar, rice vinegar, and ground ginger together in a saucepan; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until reduced in volume by half, about 30 minutes.
- Let glaze cool to thicken, at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 116.8 calories, Carbohydrate 28.9 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 1.2 g, Sodium 758.4 mg, Sugar 26.7 g
SPICY-SWEET GLAZED SALMON
I looked for a recipe for glazed salmon and didn't find one that used the ingredients I had on hand. So I threw together what I had and came up with this tangy, spicy sweet marinade that adds flavor, but doesn't mask the flavor of the salmon. My kids and sister loved it. They said it was better than 'restaurant salmon' It's great served with wild rice and stir fried veggies.
Provided by MOMO623
Categories Main Dish Recipes Seafood Main Dish Recipes Salmon Broiled Salmon Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place salmon in a shallow, flat dish, and set aside. Combine the vinegar, olive oil, soy sauce, water, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, onion powder, garlic powder, cilantro, and brown sugar in a blender. Blend until brown sugar dissolves. Pour the marinade over the salmon to cover evenly. Cover the dish, and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Line a broiling pan with foil. Remove salmon from marinade, and place on prepared broiling pan; season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer remaining marinade to a saucepan.
- Turn on broiler to low.
- Broil salmon about 6 inches from the heat for 5 minutes; brush with remaining marinade. Broil an additional 5 to 10 minutes, brushing 2 or 3 more times with additional marinade. Salmon is done when fish is no longer bright red and can be flaked with a fork.
- Meanwhile, cook the remaining marinade over low heat until it thickens and reduces by one-third, 5 to 10 minutes. Use cooked marinade as a dipping sauce or drizzle over salmon just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 330.2 calories, Carbohydrate 14.5 g, Cholesterol 77.1 mg, Fat 18.8 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 25.1 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 664.2 mg, Sugar 12.4 g
RED SNAPPER WITH SPICY SOY GLAZE ON SAUTEED VEGETABLES AND SWEET POTATOES
- Separately cut carrots and bell pepper into thin strips and diagonally cut snow peas into 1/2-inch pieces. Chop coriander. Peel sweet potato and, if desired, with a channel knife cut 4 lengthwise grooves (one every quarter turn). Cut potato crosswise into 12 slices (about 1/4 inch thick) and in a steamer set over 1 inch boiling water steam slices, in one layer if possible, covered, until just cooked through and tender but not falling apart, about 8 minutes.
- Remove steamer from heat and season potato with salt and pepper. Keep potato warm in steamer, covered. In a small saucepan heat glaze and keep warm, covered.
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- In a non-stick skillet heat 1/2 teaspoon oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and sauté 2 fillets, skin sides down, pressing on fish with a metal spatula to help skin brown evenly, until skin is golden brown, about 1 minute. With spatula turn fillets over and sauté until golden, about 30 seconds more. Transfer fillets, skin sides up, to a non-stick baking pan and sauté remaining 2 fillets in 1/2 teaspoon oil in same manner. Bake fish in middle of oven until just cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- While fish is baking, in a large non-stick skillet heat 1/2 teaspoon remaining oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and sauté carrots until barely tender, about 2 minutes. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil, bell pepper, and snow peas and sauté vegetables, stirring, until just tender, about 30 seconds. Add cabbage and onion and sauté, stirring, until just tender, about 1 minute. Immediately transfer sautéed vegetables to a bowl and toss with coriander, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide potato among 4 plates and top with sautéed vegetables. Put fillets, skin sides up, on vegetables and drizzle with some glaze.
- Garnish plates with lime wedges and serve remaining glaze on the side.
SPICY SOY GLAZED SHORT RIBS (SLOW COOKER)
The flavor on these ribs is slightly sweet, slightly spicy, and the meat melts in your mouth. Definitely easier than the traditional method of hours long attended cooking. These can be served as an appetizer/party dish (would serve 6) or as an entree (would serve 4). From Secrets of slow cooking.
Provided by Chandra M
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Trim excess fat off ribs.
- In a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ribs on all sides in batches. Transfer browned ribs to an oval slow cooker (for a better fit, but round may be used).
- Deglaze the skillet with 1/2 cup water and pour the resulting liquid over the ribs.
- In a medium bowl combine half of the scallions and all remaining ingredients except the sesame seeds. Stir until the sugar is dissolved, pour over the ribs.
- Cook on the low setting 6 hours or until the meat is tender (some will fall from the bone).
- Toast the sesame seeds in a small skillet until lightly browned. Transfer to a bowl to cool and set aside.
- Serve the ribs with some of the sauce, sprinkle with the sesame seeds and remaining scallions.
This sweet-sour glaze is great on grilled shrimp, turkey, beef, chicken, and pork, as well as salmon. When grilling, brush glaze on all sides 2 minutes before meat or seafood finishes cooking, then brush on again right after removing from the grill. For roasted salmon, brush fish with glaze before baking.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Dessert & Treats Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 3
- In a small bowl, stir together marmalade, soy sauce, and ginger.
SWEET & SPICY GLAZED SALMON
There's a bit of magic going on here: A glaze of brown sugar, mustard, soy sauce and ginger is baked atop salmon to create a sweet-tangy entree. If you want to reward the family with a little something special, this recipe definitely fits the bill. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine the brown sugar, mustard, soy sauce, paprika, ginger and oil in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir until brown sugar is dissolved., Place salmon skin side down on a greased broiler pan. Sprinkle with pepper and salt., Broil 6 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, brushing glaze over salmon during the last 1-2 minutes of cooking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 338 calories, Fat 16g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 85mg cholesterol, Sodium 795mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (13g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 29g protein.
HONEY SOY GLAZED SALMON RECIPE BY TASTY
Two words: honey salmon! Sure, it takes a tiny bit of prep work, but once you marinate your salmon, you won't be able to go back. A simple mix of honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger coats and flavors your fish for 30 minutes before you throw it on the pan until the outside is perfectly crispy. Once that's done, you heat up and reduce some extra marinade to make a thick, to-die-for glaze to pour over your filet. Serve with your favorite veggies or rice and enjoy!
Provided by Robin Broadfoot
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place salmon in a sealable bag or medium bowl.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix marinade ingredients.
- Pour half of the marinade on the salmon. Save the other half for later.
- Let the salmon marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- In a medium pan, heat oil. Add salmon to the pan, but discard the used marinade. Cook salmon on one side for about 2-3 minutes, then flip over and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Remove salmon from pan. Pour in remaining marinade and reduce.
- Serve the salmon with sauce and a side of veggies. We used broccoli.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 705 calories, Carbohydrate 60 grams, Fat 35 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 37 grams, Sugar 57 grams
More about "spicy soy glaze recipes"
SPICY SOY GLAZE RECIPE - FRIENDSEAT
SPICY HONEY-GLAZED SALMON RECIPE - TASTING TABLE
SPICY HONEY SOY GLAZED SALMON - RECIPE DIARIES
THE GOOD DISH SPICY MAPLE SYRUP & GINGER GLAZE FOR RIBS
SPICY TUNA BURGERS WITH SOY GLAZE RECIPE - KEEPRECIPES.COM
LOW CARB BROILED JAPANESE EGGPLANT WITH SPICY SOY GLAZE (JUST 15 ...
10 BEST SPICY SWEET GLAZE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SIMPLE RECIPE FOR KOREAN SOY HONEY GLAZE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SWEET AND SPICY SOY GLAZED EDAMAME - SHARED APPETITE
SPICY HONEY SOY GLAZE - TEXAS PETE FOODSERVICE
ASIAN SOY GLAZE RECIPE (STICKY & SWEET SAUCE) - HUNGRY …
SPICY TUNA BURGERS WITH SOY GLAZE RECIPE
SWEET AND TANGY STICKY SOY GLAZE - DRIVE ME HUNGRY
SPICY HONEY GLAZED SALMON - SAUCED UP! FOODS
SWEET AND SPICY SOY GLAZED EDAMAME - FOR THE LOVE OF COOKING
SWEET & SPICY SOY DIPPING SAUCE RECIPE - ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
SPICY SOY GLAZED SALMON RECIPE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
SOY GARLIC GLAZE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SWEET & SPICY SOY-GLAZED MUSHROOMS- VEGAN ASIAN RECIPES
SPICY RAMEN WITH SOY-GLAZED CHICKEN - HALF A COCONUT
BARBEQUED SALMON WITH A SPICY SESAME-SOY GLAZE - LISA G COOKS
SPICY SALMON WITH A MAPLE-SOY GLAZE - MARINE STEWARDSHIP COUNCIL
SPICY SOY GLAZE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SPICY HONEY GLAZED SALMON RECIPE - SAVING ROOM FOR DESSERT
RED SNAPPER WITH SPICY SOY GLAZE ON SAUTEED VEGETABLES
HELLOFRESH SWEET SOY GLAZE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
SWEET AND SPICY SOY GLAZED EDAMAME RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SOY-GLAZED CHICKEN - RASA MALAYSIA
10 BEST SOY GLAZED EDAMAME RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPICY GLAZED BRUSSELS SPROUTS - STETTED
SPICY SOY GLAZE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
SPICY HONEY GLAZED SALMON (PERFECT SALMON EVERY TIME!)
RECIPE: SPICY SOY-GLAZED TOFU WITH BROWN RICE, VEGETABLES
WHAT IS SOY GLAZE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SOY-HONEY-SESAME GLAZE - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
SPICY HONEY SOY GLAZED SALMON | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
RECIPE: SPICY SOY-GLAZED TOFU WITH BROWN RICE, VEGETABLES
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love