SPINACH - ARUGULA PESTO
Make and share this Spinach - Arugula Pesto recipe from Food.com.
Provided by A la Carte
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Microwave spinach, uncovered, on high heat until just wilted (about 1 1/2 minutes). Drain, then squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Combine the garlic, lemon peel, and crushed red pepper in processor and blend until garlic is finely chopped.
- Add spinach and arugula, pine nuts, and lemon juice: process until coarse puree forms.
- With the machine running, gradually add the oil in a thin stream and blend until almost smooth.
- Add the cheese and blend to mix.
- Season with salt. Cover and chill.
- Serve on burgers or sandwiches.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 157.5, Fat 15.8, SaturatedFat 2.3, Cholesterol 2.2, Sodium 70.5, Carbohydrate 2.7, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 0.5, Protein 2.9
- To make the pesto, zest and juice the lemon, straining out the seeds, and add both to the bowl of a food processor. Add the garlic, arugula, Pecorino, almonds, red pepper flakes, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste. Pulse everything until it's finely chopped, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- With the food processor running, slowly pour in the olive oil until everything is blended into a paste. Taste and add more salt, pepper, lemon juice or olive oil if needed. Transfer the pesto to an airtight container and refrigerate it for up to 10 days.
To most people, pesto means one thing: pesto Genovese, the famous and fabulous basil paste from the Italian Riviera. But there are sauces made with copious amounts of other herbs or greens not destined for pasta. They aren't called pestos, yet that's what they are - all made by grinding herbs and other ingredients to a paste, then thinning out and enriching with oil. This dish is inspired by one found in southern Italy. This sauce, like other forms of pesto, is all pungent with garlic. In addition to serving this vibrant pesto with pasta, it can be used with grains - risottos made with rice, barley, or wheat - and as a topping for tomatoes. It's great on its own, spooned onto a thick slice of country bread. Don't use a sharp olive oil with this, or it will overwhelm the arugula.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories easy, quick, condiments
Yield Makes about 2/3 cup
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Turn on a food processor fitted with the steel blade, and drop in the garlic cloves. When they are chopped and adhering to the sides, stop the machine, scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the walnuts. Turn on the machine, and process until they are finely ground. Scrape down the bowl again, and add the arugula and the salt. Pulse until the arugula is finely chopped, then turn on the machine and run while you slowly drizzle in the olive oil. When the mixture is smooth, stop the machine, scrape down the sides and process for another 30 seconds or so. Scrape out into the bowl of a mortar and pestle. Grind the mixture with the pestle for a smoother texture. Work in the cheese and combine well.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 851, UnsaturatedFat 67 grams, Carbohydrate 8 grams, Fat 86 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 17 grams, SaturatedFat 16 grams, Sodium 511 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams
Serve this vibrant pesto on pasta, pizza, sandwiches and more. If you don't have fresh oregano on hand, you can omit it. -Susan Westerfield, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place the first 6 ingredients in a food processor; cover and pulse until chopped. Add the walnuts, lemon juice and zest; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream., Serve desired amount of pesto with pasta. Transfer remaining pesto to ice cube trays. Cover and freeze up to 1 month., To use frozen pesto: Thaw in the refrigerator for 3 hours. Serve with pasta.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 177 calories, Fat 18g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 8mg cholesterol, Sodium 205mg sodium, Carbohydrate 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
BASIL, SPINACH AND ARUGULA PESTO
- For the garlic confit. Heat 1/2 cup of the olive oil in a small pan over low heat until warm. Add garlic cloves and cook until very soft, about 30 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the garlic cloves, reserving both cloves and oil.
- For the pesto: Have a large bowl of ice water ready. In a small pot over high heat, bring 4 cups of water to a boil, and blanch basil or chervil until tender, about 30 seconds. Remove with slotted spoon and transfer to ice water. Place spinach and arugula in boiling water until bright green and tender, about a minute. Drain well and transfer to ice water. When greens are well chilled, drain well, place in a kitchen towel, and squeeze as hard as possible to remove excess moisture.
- In a blender, combine half the garlic cloves, half of the garlic cooking oil, half of the blanched greens (basil or chervil, spinach, and arugula), half of the hazelnuts and half of the ricotta salata. Blend five minutes.
- Add the remaining garlic cloves, garlic cooking oil, blanched greens, hazelnuts and ricotta salata. Blend, adding 1/4 cup additional olive oil, or more as needed, for two to five minutes, to make a thick but pourable pesto. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Blend one minute more. If desired, serve over hot linguini or other pasta.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 927, UnsaturatedFat 78 grams, Carbohydrate 13 grams, Fat 96 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 10 grams, SaturatedFat 15 grams, Sodium 600 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams
Provided by Tori Ritchie
Categories Sauce Food Processor Cheese Garlic Vegetarian Pistachio Arugula Bon Appétit
Yield Makes about 1 1/4 cup
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Finely chop garlic in processor. Add cheese and nuts. Process until nuts are finely chopped. Add arugula, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and peel. Blend to coarse paste. Blend in oil. Season pesto with salt and pepper and more lemon juice, if desired. Transfer to bowl. Cover and chill up to 3 days.
More about "spinach and arugula pesto recipes"
SPINACH ARUGULA PESTO | KELLY NEIL
5/5 (4)Total Time 25 minsCategory Jams & PreservesCalories 163 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scatter the slivered almonds on the baking sheet and roast for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring halfway through. The almonds should be fragrant and golden. Set aside to cool.
- While the nuts are toasting, wash and dry the spinach and arugula, using a salad spinner if you have one.
- Place the spinach, arugula, toasted almonds, grated Parmesan, salt, and garlic in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse 5 to 10 times, or until the mixture is coarse and chunky.
- With the food processor running, drizzle the olive oil into the greens in a slow, steady stream. Stop to scrape down the sides of the food processor a couple of time while adding the oil. Once all of the oil is incorporated, run the food processor 5 to 10 seconds longer. Adjust the pesto to taste.
SPINACH AND ARUGULA PESTO | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY …
ARUGULA PESTO PIZZA WITH TOMATO & PROSCIUTTO - THE RUSTIC FOODIE®
FIVE MINUTE LEMON ARUGULA PESTO - BOWL OF DELICIOUS
SPINACH ARUGULA PESTO | RECIPE | ARUGULA PESTO, ARUGULA, PESTO
SPINACH ARUGULA PESTO RECIPE - ANDREA MEYERS
SPINACH ARUGULA PESTO | RECIPE | ARUGULA PESTO, PESTO, ARUGULA
SPINACH AND ARUGULA PESTO | RECIPE | ARUGULA PESTO, FOOD …
ARUGULA & SPINACH PESTO - EAT LIKE NO ONE ELSE
SKINNY ARUGULA, BASIL AND SPINACH PESTO | SLIMMING EATS
5 ARUGULA PESTO RECIPES THAT ARE FRESH AND FLAVORFUL | ALLRECIPES
SPINACH ARUGULA PESTO - WHOLESOME + HAPPY LIFE
ARUGULA AND SPINACH PESTO - FLAVOR FINDS
ARUGULA-SPINACH PESTO - FLIPPED-OUT FOOD
ARUGULA SPINACH PESTO - DEBRA KLEIN | EASY PLANT BASED …
SPINACH ARUGULA PESTO RECIPE - MOTHER EARTH LIVING
SPINACH, ARUGULA & WALNUT PESTO - THE BETTERED BLONDIE
ARUGULA, ANCHOVIES & SPINACH PESTO WITH FETTUCCINE - LIVING
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
TUNA PESTO PASTA WITH ARUGULA SPINACH PESTO - UGLY DUCKLING BAKERY
ARUGULA, AVOCADO, AND SPINACH PESTO | SARCASTIC COOKING
ARUGULA PECAN PESTO - INQUIRING CHEF
SPINACH ARUGULA PESTO WITH WALNUTS - GREENLITEBITES
SPINACH OR ARUGULA AND MISO PESTO - VEGKITCHEN
BEST TORTELLINI AND SPINACH SALAD - THERESCIPES.INFO
BASIL, SPINACH AND ARUGULA PESTO RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BAKING WITH BLONDIE : SPINACH AND ARUGULA PESTO | ARUGULA PESTO, …
SPICY SPINACH ARUGULA PESTO RECIPE | THE ARTFUL APPETITE
SPINACH ARUGULA PESTO - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
SPINACH AND ARUGULA PESTO – RECIPES NETWORK
THIS HERBY ARUGULA-MINT PESTO WORKS WITH EVERYTHING FROM STEAK …
SPINACH AND ARUGULA PESTO - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
SHRIMP WITH ARUGULA PESTO
VEGETARIAN RECIPE: BASIL, SPINACH AND ARUGULA PESTO
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love