STEAMED BEEF DUMPLINGS
Bisquick® mix provides a simple addition to these beef dumplings that's ready in 45 minutes - perfect for appetizers.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 13
- To make beef dumplings, mix soy sauce and cornstarch in large bowl. Stir in carrots, onions, cilantro and salt. Add beef; mix well. Shape mixture into 30 meatballs, using about 1 tablespoon for each; set aside.
- Stir Bisquick and boiling water in medium bowl until soft dough forms. Stir in cold water until dough forms a ball (dough will be sticky). Divide dough in half. Return one half of dough to bowl; cover and set aside. Divide other half of dough into 15 balls. Roll each ball into 3-inch circle on surface sprinkled with Bisquick. Place 1 meatball in center of each dough circle. Fold dough up and around meatball, allowing meatball to show at the top. Press dough firmly around meatball, pleating to fit. Gently flatten bottom of each dumpling. Repeat with remaining dough and meatballs.
- Place steamer basket in 1/2 inch water in 3-quart saucepan (water should not touch bottom of basket). Place dumplings, open side up, in basket so edges don't touch. (If all dumplings won't fit in basket, refrigerate remainder until ready to steam.) Cover tightly and heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Cover and steam dumplings 16 to 18 minutes or until beef is no longer pink in center.
- Meanwhile, make Soy Dipping Sauce. In small bowl, stir together vinegar and soy sauce. Sprinkle with onion.
- Remove dumplings from steamer. Press dough firmly around meatballs. Serve warm with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 60, Carbohydrate 6 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Fiber 0 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 Appetize, Sodium 310 mg, Sugar 0 g, TransFat 0 g
HEALTHY STEAMED DUMPLINGS
My family loves Chinese food, but it's hard to find healthy choices in restaurants or at the grocery store. So instead, I make these healthy dumplings into a great family activity. With many hands helping out, filling the dumplings goes by fast. When we are done, we have lots of dumplings to put in the freezer for months to come. -Melody Crain, Houston, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 50 dumplings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Add turkey; mix lightly but thoroughly. , Place 1 tablespoon filling in center of each pot sticker wrapper. (Cover remaining wrappers with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Moisten wrapper edge with water. Fold wrapper over filling; seal edges, pleating the front side several times to form a pleated pouch. Stand dumplings on a work surface to flatten bottoms; curve slightly to form crescent shapes, if desired., Line a steamer basket with six cabbage leaves. In batches, arrange dumplings 1 in. apart over cabbage; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; steam, covered, 6-8 minutes or until cooked through. Discard cabbage. If desired, serve with chili sauce. Freeze option: Cover and freeze cooled dumplings on waxed paper-lined baking sheets until firm. Transfer to a large freezer container. To use, microwave dumplings, covered, for 30-45 seconds or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 44 calories, Fat 2g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 17mg cholesterol, Sodium 79mg sodium, Carbohydrate 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 3g protein.
STEAMED BEEF & GINGER POT STICKERS
These dumplings have a hearty filling that's easy to make and a dipping sauce that's too irresistible to pass up. I prepare them in advance and freeze them. -Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Place a scant 1 tablespoon filling in center of each wrapper. (Cover remaining wrappers with a damp paper towel until ready to use.), Moisten wrapper edges with water. Fold wrapper over filling; seal edges, pleating the front side several times to form a pleated pouch. Stand pot stickers on a work surface to flatten bottoms; curve slightly to form crescent shapes, if desired., In a 6-qt. stockpot, place a greased steamer basket over 3/4 in. of water. In batches, place dumplings in basket. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a low boil; steam, covered, 4-5 minutes or until cooked through., Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients. Serve with dumplings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 37 calories, Fat 1g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 6mg cholesterol, Sodium 115mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 2g protein.
MOM'S HEARTY BEEF STEW WITH DUMPLINGS
My mom's beef stew recipe that she's perfected over 25 years. Tender chunks of beef couple with hearty vegetables in a rich gravy for a soul-warming treat. And Oh! The dumplings!
Provided by ambikins
Categories Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes Stews Beef
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat until the oil is shimmering, and place the onion and beef into the hot oil. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the steak seasoning, stir the meat and onions well, and sprinkle with 1 more teaspoon of seasoning. Add the celery, and cook and stir until the meat is browned, about 10 minutes.
- Pour in 2 cups of water to just cover the meat, onion, and celery, bring to a boil, and stir and scrape the browned bits of flavor from the bottom of the pan. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until the beef is very tender, about 2 hours. Remove the meat and celery pieces from the pan, set the meat aside, and discard the celery.
- In a bowl, whisk together the gravy mix with 4 cups of water. Add the mixture to the juices in the pot, bring to a boil, and stir the meat back into the gravy mixture. Stir in the turnip and carrots, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in the potatoes, cover, and simmer an additional 20 minutes.
- To make dumplings, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Cut the shortening into the flour mixture with a pastry cutter or two knives until the mixture looks crumbly. Pour in the milk, and lightly stir the mixture just until it combines to form a dough.
- Remove 2 cups of gravy from the pot, and reserve. Drop the dumplings by heaping tablespoon onto the meat and vegetables in the pot, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Do not peek until the time is up. Pour the reserved gravy back over the dumplings, stir lightly, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 514.6 calories, Carbohydrate 64.7 g, Cholesterol 62.1 mg, Fat 15.1 g, Fiber 6.5 g, Protein 29.7 g, SaturatedFat 4.7 g, Sodium 1261.3 mg, Sugar 5.3 g
STEAMED BEEF DUMPLINGS
This is not my original recipe, TRUE! Was asked to post this as had "success" making this today too! Economical, easy to do, LOVE the versatility and look forward to the first review! :) http://www.grouprecipes.com/5490/steamed-beef-dumplings.html What I will add is recipe is FANTASTIC as can be! Next time, might add some ginger and chilli! UPDATE: Have substituted tamari for soy sauce from the original as will GREATLY lower the salt content
Provided by mickeydownunder
Yield 30 wontons, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- For dough, combine flour, the 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 2/3 cup boiling water in a medium mixing bowl, stirring constantly with a fork. Add 1/4 cup cold water; mix with your hands until dough forms a ball. (The dough will be sticky.) Cover; set aside.
- NOTE: I had to add a little bit more water than posted; go by the look and feel.
- For filling, stir together hoisin and cornstrach in a medium mixing bowl. Stir in finely diced bok choy, carrot, finely sliced green onion, cilantro and salt. Add ground beef; mix well. Using about 1 tablespoon of the filling for each, shape filling into 30 balls. Set aside.
- NOTE: I used an egg ring to form the wraps; made it easier for filling.
- Divide dough in half. Return one portion to the bowl; cover and set aside. Divide the other portion into 15 balls. On a well-floured surface, roll each dough ball into a 3-inch circle. Place a meatball in the center of each circle. Fold the dough up and around all but the top of the meatball, pleating dough firmly. Gently flatten the bottom of each dumpling. Repeat with remaining dough and meatballs to make 30 dumplings total.
- NOTE: Keep a moistened towel over the wontons so they do not dry out while you continue to make the batch.
- Bring water to boiling in a steamer or Dutch oven. Place dumplings, open sides up, on a greased steamer rack; make sure the dumplings don't touch one another. (If all the dumplings won't fit on a steamer rack, refrigerate remainder until ready to steam.) Place rack over, but not touching, boiling water. Cover and steam dumplings for 16 to 18 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F. Meanwhile, combine rice vinegar and soy sauce. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon thinly sliced green onion. Serve with dumplings.
- NOTE: Used a rice steamer and oil sprayed the top insert each time.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 278.5, Fat 6.3, SaturatedFat 2.4, Cholesterol 37, Sodium 1100.5, Carbohydrate 36.6, Fiber 1.8, Sugar 2.4, Protein 17.4
STEAMED OPEN-TOPPED DUMPLINGS
Provided by Nina Simonds
Categories dinner, project, appetizer, main course
Yield 44 dumplings or six servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Place the ground pork in a mixing bowl. Wrap the shrimp or scallops in a dish towel or paper towels and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Dice the shrimp or scallops fine and add to bowl. Add remaining ingredients, through the cornstarch, and then stir vigorously.
- Line steamer trays with lightly oiled parchment or punch lightly oiled aluminum pie plates with holes. Place a heaping tablespoon of the filling in the middle of one dumpling skin and gather the edges of the skin around the filling, leaving the top open. Pick it up and press bottom flat to it will stand upright. Dip the back of a spoon in water and smooth the filling on top. Arrange the dumplings 1/4-inch apart.
- Fill a wok or a pot with water and bring to boil. Place the steamer trays with the dumplings over the boiling water and steam 15 minutes. Remove and sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Mix soy sauce and black vinegar and use as a dip.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 860, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 147 grams, Fat 9 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 43 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 3135 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 0 grams
BEEF STEW WITH DUMPLINGS
I was given this recipe when my husband and I were first married. I've been making this wonderful beef stew recipe for 35 years and have never found a better one.
Provided by carolj
Categories Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes Stews Beef
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a bowl, toss cubed beef with flour to coat.
- Heat 4 tablespoons butter in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Place flour in a bag or bowl, and add beef cubes. Toss to coat with flour. Place coated cubes in the skillet and fry until well-browned on all sides; remove from pan and set aside.
- Cook onion and garlic in same pan until tender. Return meat to pan with water, parsley, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally and adding more water if needed. Stir in potatoes, carrots, celery, and green pepper, and continue cooking another 15 minutes. Remove the bay leaf, and stir in mushrooms.
- In a small bowl, mix together baking mix, 3 tablespoons melted butter, and milk until just blended. Drop dough by the tablespoonful into stew. Simmer, uncovered, approximately 10 minutes. Cover, and simmer 10 minutes more, or until dumplings are cooked through, but not dry.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 829.8 calories, Carbohydrate 48.3 g, Cholesterol 164.4 mg, Fat 51.8 g, Fiber 4.7 g, Protein 42.5 g, SaturatedFat 23.7 g, Sodium 1181 mg, Sugar 6.6 g
More about "steamed beef dumplings recipes"
STEAMED DUMPLINGS | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
3/5 (13)Total Time 3 hrsServings 48Calories 55 per serving
- For dough*, place flour in a large bowl. Make a well in center; pour in warm water. Using a fork, stir just until a shaggy dough forms. Cover with plastic wrap. Let stand 15 minutes. Add oil. Mix until combined and dough forms a ball. Transfer to a lightly floured surface. Knead until soft and smooth, about 5 minutes, adding flour as needed to prevent sticking. Sprinkle lightly with flour; cover with plastic wrap. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare desired filling; chill. Line the bottom of a bamboo steamer basket with a piece of parchment cut to fit. Using a sharp knife, make several slits in paper; lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Divide dough into four equal portions. Roll one portion of dough at a time into a 12-inch log (keep remaining dough covered with plastic wrap). Using a ruler as a guide, cut into 1-inch pieces. Press each piece into a circle, then roll to a 4-inch circle. Spoon 1 tablespoon filling in center. Working your way around the dumpling, pull the dough up over filling, creating pleats to enclose. Pinch dough at the top and twist.
- Transfer to prepared steamer basket. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. (Fill and shape remaining batches of dumplings while the first batches steam.)
STEAMED BEEF DUMPLINGS RECIPE - TASTINGTABLE.COM
5/5 (29)Calories 68 per servingCategory Main Course, Dinner, Lunch, Snack, Appetizer
STEAMED BEEF DUMPLINGS – HOW TO MAKE THEM PRETTY AND TASTY
Cuisine AsianCategory AppetizerServings 30Total Time 1 hr 48 mins
CHINESE STEAMED DUMPLINGS RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
HOW TO MAKE STEAMED DUMPLINGS, TWO METHODS (蒸饺)
CHINESE BEEF DUMPLINGS - OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
BEEF DUMPLINGS, 3 WAYS - SWEET & SAVORY
STEAMED CHINESE DUMPLINGS - HOMEMADE CHINESE …
10 BEST CHINESE BEEF DUMPLINGS RECIPES | YUMMLY
STEAMED BEEF & CELERY DUMPLINGS IN 2022 | INTERESTING FOOD …
STEAMED BEEF DUMPLINGS | FOOD TO LOVE
STEAMED BEEF WONTONS WITH CABBAGE AND GINGER | TASTY BEEF …
STEAMED DUMPLINGS WITH THE BEST DIPPING SAUCE
STEAMED BEEF DUMPLINGS | RECIPES WIKI | FANDOM
THAI STEAMED DUMPLINGS AND DIPPING SAUCE RECIPE
STEAMED BEEF DUMPLINGS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
STEAMED BEEF BALL RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
VEGETARIAN DUMPLINGS - TASTE OF THE FRONTIER
STEAMED BEEF DUMPLINGS - BIGOVEN.COM
STEAMED CRYSTAL DUMPLINGS, A DIM SUM CLASSIC - THE WOKS OF LIFE
THE STEAMED DUMPLINGS WITH BEEF AND ONION | MISS CHINESE FOOD
STEAMED BEEF DUMPLING RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
STEAMED BEEF DUMPLINGS RECIPE | SAY MMM
HOW TO MAKE STEAMED DUMPLINGS FROM SCRATCH - OMNIVORE'S …
STEAMED BEEF DUMPLINGS RECIPE - BETTYCROCKER.COM
STEAMED BEEF AND CELERY DUMPLINGS | FEASTY
RECIPES FOR STEAMED BEEF DUMPLINGS WITH GROCERY LISTS AND …
SCALLION BEEF STEAMED DUMPLINGS RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
STEAMED BEEF DUMPLINGS | RECIPE | BEEF DUMPLINGS, DUMPLING …
STEAMED BEEF DUMPLINGS - DAIRY FREE RECIPES
BEEF POTSTICKER RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
STEAMED DUMPLINGS (HEALTHY CHINESE RECIPE) - RASA MALAYSIA
STEAMED BEEF BUN DUMPLING – EASY EATS RECIPES
BEEF STEAMED DUMPLINGS RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
STEAMED MEAT DUMPLINGS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
STEAMED BEEF DUMPLINGS - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
STEAMED DUMPLINGS | STUFFED | PORK | TASTE LIFE
HOMEMADE BEEF DUMPLINGS RECIPE [CHINESE POPSTICKERS]
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love