- Trim the broccoli into large florets.
- Place the broccoli in a steaming basket over boiling water; cover and steam for 3 minutes.
- Remove the lid for a moment, then cook, partially covered, until the stems are tender-firm, another 8-10 minutes.
- Remove to a platter; season with salt and pepper, the butter, and the lemon juice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 135.6, Fat 9.3, SaturatedFat 5.5, Cholesterol 22.9, Sodium 132.3, Carbohydrate 11.7, Fiber 4.4, Sugar 3, Protein 4.9
HOW TO STEAM BROCCOLI PERFECTLY EVERY TIME
- Prep the broccoli crowns and stems: Cut the crowns away from the large stems of the broccoli. Break the crown up into bite-sized florets. Rinse the broccoli florets thoroughly. Peel and discard the thick outer skin of the stems. Slice the stems or cut them into quarters lengthwise.
- Bring steamer water to a boil: Place 3/4 to 1 inch of water in a saucepan with a steamer and bring to a boil. (Note that if you don't have a steamer, you can simply put the broccoli directly into an inch of boiling water.)
- Add broccoli, steam 5 to 6 min: Add the broccoli to the steamer and cover; reduce heat to medium and let cook for 5-6 minutes. The broccoli is done when you can pierce it with a fork. As soon as it is pierce-able, remove from heat, place in serving dish. Note that green vegetables like broccoli will turn from vibrant green to drab olive green at about the 7 minute mark of cooking. So, watch the time, and don't let the broccoli overcook!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 32 kcal, Carbohydrate 7 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 3 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, Sodium 38 mg, Sugar 1 g, Fat 0 g, ServingSize Serves 2-4, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add broccoli, cover, and steam until tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Mix steamed broccoli, bacon, butter, salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 101.9 calories, Carbohydrate 10 g, Cholesterol 15.3 mg, Fat 6.3 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 4.3 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 90.4 mg, Sugar 2.6 g
- Wash the broccoli in cold water and pat dry. Peel the stems and cut them into rounds up to where the florets branch off. Break apart the florets.
- Pour about an inch of water into a skillet or wok and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Put the broccoli florets in a steamer basket and season with salt. Set the steamer basket over the boiling water and cook until crisp-tender, 8 to 10 minutes depending on the size of the florets. Transfer the broccoli to a plate, sprinkle with black pepper and serve with lemon wedges.
PERFECT STEAMED BROCCOLI
Provided by Food Network
Number Of Ingredients 1
- Cut off 2 inches from the stem end and peel the stalks. Bring an inch of water to a boil, set a vegetable steamer over the water, place the broccoli on the steamer, cover and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until the broccoli is cooked through but still firm. An alternative way is to separate the florets from the stalks; steam the florets and reserve the stalks for another day.
STEAMED BROCCOLI WITH OLIVE OIL, GARLIC, AND LEMON
Steamed Broccoli with Olive Oil, Garlic, and Lemon
Categories Garlic Vegetable Side Steam Low Fat Vegetarian Quick & Easy High Fiber Graduation Lemon Broccoli Healthy Gourmet Sugar Conscious Vegan Pescatarian Paleo Dairy Free Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Kosher
Yield Serves 2
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Discard tough lower third of broccoli stem. Peel remaining stem and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Cut broccoli into 2-inch florets. In a steamer set over boiling water steam broccoli, covered, until crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- While broccoli is steaming, finely chop garlic and in a small skillet combine with oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Heat garlic mixture over moderate heat until garlic is fragrant. In a bowl toss broccoli with garlic mixture.
- Using a paring knife, cut off and discard the tough bottoms of the stalks. Cut and trim the broccoli into florets.
- Put the broccoli into a steamer and steam for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the garlic, lemon juice, broccoli, salt and pepper. Saute 2 to 3 minutes and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 119, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 12 grams, Fat 7 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 5 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 342 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams
STEAMED BROCCOLI AND CARROTS WITH LEMON
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add broccoli florets and carrots, cover, and steam until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables to a bowl; add lemon juice and seasoned salt and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 35.4 calories, Carbohydrate 8.1 g, Fat 0.3 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 1.7 g, Sodium 497.2 mg, Sugar 2.7 g
SIMPLE STEAMED BROCCOLI
Lemon juice gives a lift to this steamed veggie side.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket set inside a pot of boiling water. Steam, covered, until crisp-tender, 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer broccoli to a serving bowl and toss with remaining ingredients.
STEAMED BROCCOLI WITH GARLIC
- Using a paring knife, cut off and discard tough bottoms of broccoli stalks. Cut broccoli into florets.
- Place broccoli in a steamer for 3 to 4 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Heat oil in a skillet, add garlic, broccoli and salt and pepper to taste. Saute briefly, being careful not to burn garlic. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 115, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 11 grams, Fat 7 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 4 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 374 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams
SIMPLE STEAMED BROCCOLI
My son adores steamed broccoli, especially the way they serve it at the Outback Restaurant. He loves it so much he asks for broccoli instead of fries when we eat there!! This is what I came up with that he deemed "perfect". (The sugar is merely to help the water boil, like salt does, without adding a salty flavor to the vegetables. I read that tip on a website when I was learning to use the steamer and have used it ever since.)
Provided by Marg CaymanDesigns
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Place the sugar the bottom of your pan, insert steamer basket. Add the enough water to come just below the bottom of the steamer basket. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add broccoli to basket and cover with a lid. Steam for 7-8 minutes, depending on your tenderness preference.
- While steaming broccoli, melt butter in the serving bowl in the microwave.
- Add broccoli and stir to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120.7, Fat 11.7, SaturatedFat 7.3, Cholesterol 30.5, Sodium 115.7, Carbohydrate 3.9, Sugar 1.1, Protein 1.7
PERFECT STEAMED BROCCOLI
- Snap the broccoli into medium-sized florets. It's important to make them an even size so they all cook at the same rate. Put the florets into a steamer or colander set over a pan of boiling water. Cover with a lid or tight-fitting foil and steam for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, place the butter in a small pan and season well. Heat until the butter is foaming. When ready to serve, tip the broccoli into warmed serving dish and drizzle with the butter. Serve straight away.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 41 calories, Fat 1 grams fat, Carbohydrate 2 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 2 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 6 grams protein, Sodium 0.03 milligram of sodium
I first tried this sunny side dish because it seemed to be a fresh, nutritious and easy combination. Now it's the only way my husband will eat broccoli. I love to pair it with grilled meat on hot days.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket. Place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse in cold water; drain and set aside. , In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery and garlic in butter for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add the lemon zest and juice, salt, pepper and broccoli; heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 142 calories, Fat 9g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 23mg cholesterol, Sodium 451mg sodium, Carbohydrate 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
STEAMED BROCCOLI WITH GARLIC OIL
- Place a steamer basket in a saucepan filled with 1 inch water. Bring to a gentle boil. Add broccoli. Cover, and cook until crisp-tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium-high. Add garlic and lemon zest; season with salt and pepper. Cook until garlic is golden, 1 to 3 minutes. Immediately remove from heat, and drizzle over broccoli.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 98 g, Fat 7 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 3 g
More about "steamed broccoli recipes"
10 BEST STEAMED BROCCOLI WITH SEASONINGS RECIPES | YUMMLY
STEAMED BROCCOLI RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
STEAMED BROCCOLI RECIPE [VIDEO] - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
INSTANT POT STEAMED BROCCOLI - YOUTUBE
STEAMED BROCCOLI RECIPE - THE ANTHONY KITCHEN
STEAMED BROCCOLI - THE WOKS OF LIFE
STEAMED BROCCOLI: HOW TO STEAM BROCCOLI PERFECTLY ...
BEST STEAMED BROCCOLI RECIPES AND STEAMED BROCCOLI COOKING ...
BEST STEAMED BROCCOLI (EASY SIDE DISH!) – A COUPLE COOKS
10 BEST STEAMED BROCCOLI SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
7 WAYS TO UPGRADE BORING OLD STEAMED BROCCOLI | FOOD & …
GARLIC STEAMED BROCCOLI - CHEF MICHAEL SMITH
STEAM OVEN LEMON ROASTED BROCCOLI - STEAM & BAKE
HOW TO STEAM BROCCOLI - SPEND WITH PENNIES
PERFECT INSTANT POT STEAMED BROCCOLI - EATING INSTANTLY
NINJA FOODI STEAMED BROCCOLI (FROM FRESH OR FROZEN) - THE ...
THREE EASY WAYS TO STEAM BROCCOLI - THE SPRUCE EATS
SIMPLE STEAMED BROCCOLI - ONCE UPON A CHEF
STEAMED BROCCOLI - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
HOW TO STEAM BROCCOLI (EASY STEAMED BROCCOLI RECIPE)
HOW TO MAKE STEAMED BROCCOLI | CFYL @ FRED HUTCH
STEAMED BROCCOLI WITH LEMON AND PARMESAN RECIPE - GRACE ...
THE BEST STEAMED BROCCOLI EVER - STREETSMART KITCHEN
GARLICKY STEAMED BROCCOLI RECIPE | DIETHOOD
PERFECT STEAMED BROCCOLI - KRISTINE'S KITCHEN
HOW TO STEAM BROCCOLI PERFECTLY EVERY TIME - MILLER'S FOOD ...
STEAMED BROCCOLI RECIPE | MYRECIPES
HEALTHY BROCCOLI SIDE DISH RECIPES | EATINGWELL
SEASONED STEAMED BROCCOLI - BIGOVEN.COM
HOW TO STEAM BROCCOLI - CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET
STEAMED BROCCOLI WITH GARLIC AND RED ONION RECIPE ...
INSTANT POT STEAMED BROCCOLI (VIDEO+BEGINNERS GUIDE ...
STEAMED BROCCOLI RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
SERIOUSLY, THE BEST BROCCOLI OF YOUR LIFE - ERREN'S KITCHEN
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #for-1-or-2 #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #lunch #side-dishes #snacks #vegetables #easy #steam #beginner-cook #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #inexpensive #healthy-2 #low-in-something #broccoli #number-of-servings #technique
You'll also love