STRAWBERRY CREAM PUFFS
Lots of people think cream puffs are difficult to make-but I've never had these fail me! By now, I can't remember whether I came across this recipe somewhere or made it up myself. I began cooking quite young, and strawberry Cream Puffs were always a favorite of my younger sister. She lives in California now...I make them whenever she visits! My husband's diversified farmer with an emphasis on farrow-to-finish hogs. We have three children (5 years, 3 years and 6 months).
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 cream puffs.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large saucepan, bring water, butter, sugar and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat and beat in eggs, one at a time. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. , Drop by tablespoonfuls 2-in. apart on a large ungreased baking sheet (make 10). Bake at 400° for about 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. , For filling, combine berries and 1/4 cup sugar. Chill 30 minutes. , Beat cream and remaining sugar until stiff. Just before serving, cut tops off puffs. Combine berries and cream mixture. Fill cream puffs and replace tops. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, and serve with additional berries and mint leaves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 377 calories, Fat 29g fat (17g saturated fat), Cholesterol 175mg cholesterol, Sodium 196mg sodium, Carbohydrate 26g carbohydrate (15g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
STRAWBERRY CREAM PUFFS
- In a saucepan, heat water, butter and salt over medium high heat until butter melts.
- Reduce heat to low and add flour all at once, stirring until mixture forms a ball.
- Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes.
- Add eggs to flour mixture one at a time, beating well after each addition, then cool for 10 minutes.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto greased baking sheet, making 12 puffs.
- Bake at 400° for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack.
- To prepare filling, beat heavy cream at medium speed just until thickened.
- At low speed, add confectioner's sugar, 2 tablespoons of reserved strawberry syrup and vanilla and beat until soft peaks form.
- Fold in drained strawberries.
- Cut tops off puffs and remove any soft dough from inside.
- Fill with strawberry filling and replace top.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 287.7, Fat 24.1, SaturatedFat 14.5, Cholesterol 145.2, Sodium 142.6, Carbohydrate 14.3, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 4, Protein 4.2
STRAWBERRY CREAM PUFFS EXTRAORDINAIRE
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In 10-inch Dutch oven over medium heat, heat butter, water and salt until boiling. Remove from heat. Add flour all at once. With a wooden spoon, vigorously stir until mixture forms a ball and leaves the sides of the Dutch oven. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each, until smooth. Cool mixture slightly.
- Using a pastry bag and large tip, drop 3-inch circles of choux paste around in a circle in a 12-inch shallow Dutch oven with a parchment paper circle on the bottom. Bake 50 to 70 minutes, or until golden, firm and dry. Take off heat and leave in oven for 15 minutes. Cool. Use a timer and rotate lid and pot.
- While puff ring is cooking, prepare Almond Pastry Cream. Mix sugar, flour, salt and milk together and cooking over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils. Boil 1 minute. In a small bowl beat egg yolks slightly. Temper the egg yolks by beating a small amount of the hot mixture into the eggs. Slowly pour the egg mixture back into the milk mixture, stirring well. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and coats spoon well. Do not boil. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and almond extracts and cool. Whip heavy whipping cream to stiff peaks, adding whip cream aid now, and fold into cooled pastry cream.
- After puff ring cools, with a sharp knife, carefully cut puff ring in half horizontally. With spoon, remove soft interior and discard, leaving hollow ring shell. Fill bottom shell with cream, then place sliced strawberries on the top and then replace the top of the shell. Refrigerate to set up.
- Prepare chocolate glaze by melting the chocolate and butter together in a 5-inch Dutch oven, stirring constantly. Stir in powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Cool. Spread on top of ring while slightly warm. Refrigerate ring.
- To serve, fill center of ring with fresh chocolate-dipped strawberries and serve immediately.
EASY MINI STRAWBERRY CREAM PUFFS
A perfect Valentine's Day treat! You'll need to put a bit of muscle into beating the dough, but just think of it as pre-burning calories. Once you taste these, it's really hard to stop at one. Delicious! Also great filled with ice cream and dipped in chocolate. These freeze well.
Provided by Nicole
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place a mixing bowl in the freezer.
- Combine water, butter, and salt in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and immediately add flour; quickly beat in the flour with a wooden spoon, alternating between pressing on the dough and beating it quickly. Continue until dough has formed a ball and no longer sticks to the side of the pan.
- Add 1 egg, and using the same technique above, beat it in until dough has reached a smooth consistency. Repeat with the second egg. Beat until dough begins to break into strands, about 5 more minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 pieces. Round each piece and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until puffed up and browned, about 20 minutes. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, pour cold cream into the chilled mixing bowl. Add white sugar and beat with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Slice across the tops of the cooled cream puffs just enough to open; they will be hollow inside. Put a heaping tablespoon whipped cream in the top and bottom cavities. Put a strawberry in the middle and close the two halves. Set on a plate and dust with powdered sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 108.5 calories, Carbohydrate 6.7 g, Cholesterol 54.8 mg, Fat 8.4 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Sodium 29.5 mg, Sugar 1.9 g
STRAWBERRY-LEMON CREAM PUFFS
A tangy lemon filling chock-full of berry slices is tucked inside these tender puffs. My husband is impressed with their great taste and appearance. I like how easy the puffs are to make. -Janice Mitchell, Aurora, Colorado
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. , Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 3 in. apart onto greased baking sheets., Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. remove to wire racks. Immediately split puffs open and remove tops; discard soft dough from inside. Cool puffs., For filling, combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Stir in milk and yogurt until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in lemon extract and butter flavoring. Cool. Fold in strawberries. Chill. , Fill the cream puffs just before serving. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 192 calories, Fat 8g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 104mg cholesterol, Sodium 101mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY CREAM PUFFS RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: strawberries, egg yolks, heavy cream, granulated sugar, cornstarch, water, butter, flour, vanilla, eggs, chocolate chips
Provided by Alix Traeger
Yield 15 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Cut the tops off the strawberries and cut into pieces. Set aside.
- In a pot over low heat, combine egg yolks, heavy cream, sugar, and cornstarch. Turn the heat up to medium-high, whisking constantly to prevent any lumps.
- Once the mixture starts to thicken, add in the strawberries, stirring until smooth.
- Transfer the cream mixture into a bowl, covering the top with plastic wrap and pressing the wrap down onto the surface of the cream to prevent a skin from forming. Chill.
- In a pot, combine the water and butter, bringing it to a boil. Add the flour and stir until the dough comes together in a ball. Remove from heat.
- Add in the vanilla and eggs one a time, stirring until the dough becomes a paste. Transfer the dough into a piping bag with a large round tip.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, pipe 1-inch (2½ cm) mounds.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the pastry has risen considerably and the insides are dry.
- Transfer the chilled pastry cream into a piping bag with a small tip. Poke a hole in the center of the bottom of each cream puff and fill each puff with the pastry cream.
- Microwave the chocolate at 30-second intervals until smooth. Mix in coconut oil if using.
- Dip the top of each filled cream puff into the chocolate, dripping off any excess.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 313 calories, Carbohydrate 19 grams, Fat 26 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 5 grams, Sugar 8 grams
STRAWBERRY CREAM PUFFS WITH STRAWBERRY SAUCE
- For cream puffs:
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine water, butter, salt and sugar in heavy medium saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring to melt butter. Add flour; using wooden spoon, stir vigorously until mixture clumps together, forming ball. Stir 1 minute longer. Remove from heat. Transfer dough to medium bowl. Using electric mixer, add eggs 1 at time, beating until dough is smooth after each addition (dough will be slightly soft and shiny).
- Using 1 rounded tablespoon dough for each cream puff, spoon dough onto prepared baking sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart and forming mounds about 3/4 inch to 1 inch high and 1 1/4 inches in diameter. Using moist fingertips, gently press tops of cream puffs flatten any peaks. Bake until golden brown, about 37 minutes. Transfer baking sheet to rack; let cream puffs cool. (Can be made 4 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.)
- For filling:
- Beat cream, 1 teaspoon sugar, kirsch and vanilla in medium bowl until stiff peaks form. Combine 6 strawberries and 2 tablespoons sugar in small bowl. Using fork, crush berries. Fold crush strawberry mixture into cream.
- Cut top third off each cream puff. Place cream puff bottoms, cut side up, on plates. Spoon filling into bottoms, mounding slightly. Ladle sauce over, allowing sauce to spill onto plates. Top with cream puff tops. Dust with powdered sugar.
- For sauce:
- Puree 1 basket strawberries in processor. Transfer to bowl. Stir in sugar. Quarter remaining strawberries; add to sauce.
- Makes about 2 1/3 cups.
STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE CLOUDS
- Bake the frozen pastry shells as instructed on the box. Each box contains six pastry shells. Using two boxes, all twelve will fit on a large baking sheet. After they are done, remove top and hollow out the inside of pastries. Set tops aside to use later as garnish.
- Slice strawberries lengthwise into medium-thin pieces. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar and set aside to chill in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla until smooth. In a separate large mixing bowl, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form (about 3 minutes). Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Set aside and chill.
- Fill each pastry with cream cheese until it just reaches the top. Spoon strawberries over top. Use the pastry tops as a garnish with a dollop of the cream cheese mixture and a strawberry slice on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 522.1 calories, Carbohydrate 33.5 g, Cholesterol 95.4 mg, Fat 41 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 8.2 g, SaturatedFat 20.9 g, Sodium 358.1 mg, Sugar 15.3 g
More about "strawberry cream puffs recipes"
STRAWBERRY CREAM PUFFS - THE FLAVOR BENDER
Reviews 2Calories 184 per servingCategory Desserts, Pastry
- Place the butter, salt and sugar in a bowl and cream the ingredients together until creamy and fluffy.
- Place the strawberry and sugar in a saucepan. Heat the strawberries and sugar until the strawberries have softened, and the sugar is dissolved. Let the mixture come to a boil.
- Place the diced strawberry and sugar in a bowl. Mix well and let it sit in the fridge and macerate for at least 20 minutes.
STRAWBERRY CREAM PUFFS RECIPE - ED JILOCA | FOOD & WINE
5/5 Total Time 2 hrsServings 8
- Preheat the oven to 400° and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium saucepan, bring the water, salt, sugar and butter to a boil. Add the flour all at once, remove from the heat and stir until a smooth ball forms. Transfer the dough to a bowl and let cool for 1 minute. Using an electric mixer, beat in the eggs one at a time, beating well between additions, until smooth.
- Scoop the dough onto the baking sheet in 8 mounds. Using a lightly moistened finger, smooth the tops. Bake for 10 minutes, then lower the heat to 250° and bake for 15 minutes longer, until the puffs are lightly golden. Let cool completely.
- In a saucepan, bring the milk, salt, vanilla bean and seeds to a boil. In a bowl, whisk the sugar, cornstarch and eggs. Whisk in 1/2 cup of the hot milk. Whisk the mixture into the remaining milk in the saucepan and cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until very thick and bubbling, about 4 minutes. Off the heat, whisk in the butter. Strain the pastry cream into a bowl, place a sheet of plastic wrap directly onto the surface and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- In a small saucepan, combine the strawberry preserves with the water and bring to a simmer. Whisk vigorously to break up the fruit. Strain the mixture into a medium bowl. Add the confectioners' sugar and whisk until smooth.
STRAWBERRY CREAM PUFF RECIPE - KITCHEN FUN WITH MY 3 SONS
STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE CREAM PUFFS RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM PUFF PASTRY - TORNADOUGH ALLI
VEGAN STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM PUFFS - THE LITTLE BLOG OF VEGAN
CREAM PUFFS WITH STRAWBERRY CURD - LOVE AS FOOD
STRAWBERRY CREAM PUFFS (CHOUX CRAQUELIN) - EL MUNDO EATS
THE BEST STRAWBERRY CREAM PUFFS RECIPE - LIFE LOVE LIZ
STRAWBERRY CREAM PUFFS RECIPE — EATWELL101
STRAWBERRY CREAM PUFFS - SUGAR SALT MAGIC
RECIPES, VIDEOS, FOOD & TRAVEL SHOWS | TASTEMADE
STRAWBERRY CREAM PUFFS RECIPE
STRAWBERRY CREAM PUFFS | COOKING ON THE FRONT BURNER
EASY STRAWBERRY CREAM PUFFS RECIPE (VIDEO) - TATYANAS EVERYDAY …
STRAWBERRY CREAM PUFFS RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
MY GRANDMOTHER'S STRAWBERRY CREAM PUFFS | KITCHEN VIGNETTES FOR …
CREAM PUFFS FILLED WITH STRAWBERRY AND MASCARPONE - EASY RECIPES …
MY GRANDMOTHER'S STRAWBERRYCREAM PUFFS RECIPE | PBS FOOD
STRAWBERRY CREAM PUFFS – RECIPE FROM YUMMIEST FOOD COOKBOOK
STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE CREAM PUFFS | FOODIECRUSH.COM
STRAWBERRY CREAM PUFFS | COOKERRU
STRAWBERRY CREAM PUFFS RECIPE - BEST CRAFTS AND RECIPES
ROBINHOOD | CREAM PUFFS FILLED WITH STRAWBERRY CREAM
EASY STRAWBERRY CREAM PUFFS - FROM SOMEWHAT SIMPLE
STRAWBERRY LEMONADE CRESCENT CREAM PUFFS RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
STRAWBERRY CREAM PUFFS | CBC LIFE
MALTED STRAWBERRY CREAM PUFFS - MIDWEST LIVING
STRAWBERRY CREAM PUFFS | WITH A BLAST
STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE HEART PUFFS - THE TWIN COOKING PROJECT …
STRAWBERRY CREAM PUFFS - MARIA'S MIXING BOWL
STRAWBERRY CREAM PUFFS AKA PROFITEROLES | PROPORTIONAL PLATE
STRAWBERRY CREAM PUFFS - THE ITSY-BITSY KITCHEN
CREAM PUFFS WITH STRAWBERRY CREAM FILLING RECIPE - EAT SMARTER USA
STRAWBERRY CREAM PUFFS - CHOWHOUND
STRAWBERRY TURNOVERS (WITH PUFF PASTRY!) - LIVE WELL BAKE OFTEN
STRAWBERRY CREAM PUFFS & DATE NIGHT IN IDEAS
HOW TO BAKE STRAWBERRY CREAM PUFFS - RECIPE MASH
STRAWBERRY CREAM PUFF CAKE RECIPE | MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
STRAWBERRY CREAM PUFFS - GLORIOUS TREATS
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #desserts #fruit #dietary #berries #strawberries #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make strawberry puff pastry?In bowl mix together your cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla. Spread your cream cheese mixture over the top of your puff pastry, inside your cut lines. Beat your egg and brush it on the sides of the puff pastry. Place your slices of strawberry on top of your cream cheese in rows of about 3. Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until golden.
How do you make strawberry jam cream puffs?Beat at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks from. Combine cream cheese, sugar, salt and vanilla in a separate medium bowl. Beat until smooth. Gently fold in the whipped cream. Cut the top one-third off of each cream puff. Spoon a scoop of the strawberry jam into the bottom of the cream puff.
What is strawberry cream puff made of?These Strawberry Cream Puffs are delightfully easy to make, bringing together sweet cream and strawberries filled in light and buttery choux pastry. Brighten your day with this delicious French dessert in the comfort of your own home.
How do you make cream puffs with pastry cream?Transfer the chilled pastry cream into a piping bag with a small tip. Poke a hole in the center of the bottom of each cream puff and fill each puff with the pastry cream. Microwave the chocolate at 30-second intervals until smooth. Mix in coconut oil if using. Dip the top of each filled cream puff into the chocolate, dripping off any excess.