STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM SHORTBREAD COOKIES
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the softened butter, confectioners sugar, and vanilla and beat together on medium speed until creamy and combined.
- Place the mixer speed to low. Add the flour to the butter mixture and beat until the mixture is crumbly and resembles curds.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer. Add the crushed strawberries and gently mix until the strawberries are mixed in thoroughly.
- Turn the dough out onto some cling film. Press the dough together, forming a disc shape, about an inch in height. Wrap the dough with the cling film and place in the refrigerator to chill for 20 minutes.
- Dust your work surface with flour. Roll out your cookie dough to about 1/4 inch thick. Cut out the desired shapes and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheets, leaving about 2 inches in between the cookies.
- Place the cooking sheets into the refrigerator to chill for 45 minutes to an hour. If baking the following day, wrap the cookie sheets with cling film to prevent drying absorbing odors.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F while the cookies are chilling.
- Once the cookies are properly chilled, bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges of the cookies start to turn a light golden brown.
- Let cool completely on the cookie sheets or on a cooling rack.
- Place the white chocolate into a microwave safe bowl.
- Melt the chocolate in 30 second increments in the microwave until only a few lumps of chocolate remain.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir until there are no longer any lumps.
- Add in the strawberry powder and mix to combine.
- Pour the strawberry white chocolate into a piping bag and decorate the cookies as you wish.
STRAWBERRY SHORTBREAD AND CREAM
In this summery dessert, golden-edged cookies are paired with syrupy strawberries and fluffy whipped cream for a result that's a bit like strawberry shortcake, but crunchier and a lot more buttery. These cookies have a little more sugar than most shortbread recipes, so they're especially crisp, but since they are on the sweet side, use a light hand when adding sugar to the berries. You just need enough to get the juices flowing. A few pinches should do it. And if you use cultured butter, the cookies will be even richer.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Yield 4 servings, plus extra shortbread
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Using an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or an electric hand mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg yolk, salt, vanilla seeds and orange blossom water, if using. Beat in flour until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Scrape the dough onto a 12-inch-long piece of plastic wrap and form it into a log, 1 1/2 inches in diameter. It will be very sticky, so use the plastic wrap to help form the log (or make two shorter logs if that's easier). Then wrap it up and chill until it's thoroughly cold, at least 3 hours (and up to 5 days).
- When ready to bake, heat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick liners.
- Unwrap the dough log and slice it into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Arrange them on the prepared baking sheets and bake until the cookies are golden at the edges, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer baking sheets to a wire rack to cool completely. Cookies can be bake up to 4 days ahead and stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle strawberries with a little sugar and let them sit for 15 minutes to release their juices.
- Using an electric mixer fitted with the whisk, or a whisk and elbow grease, whip the cream, adding a teaspoon or two of sugar, if you like. Note that the cookies are very sweet so you may not want to add any sugar at all.
- Spoon the strawberries into serving bowls and top with whipped cream. Drizzle cream with juices from the strawberry bowl. Tuck a cookie or two in each bowl and serve with spoons.
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE BITES
This dessert wraps all the flavors of a traditional strawberry shortcake into one bite-size treat. Fresh strawberries, shortbread cookie crumbles and whipped cream come together in these delectable morsels.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 16 bites
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Combine the sugar and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan and bring to a rolling boil over medium heat. Add the sliced strawberries and continue to cook until the syrup thickens slightly and forms small foamy bubbles, about 5 minutes. Let cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Whisk the heavy cream in a medium mixing bowl until it forms soft peaks. Add 1 tablespoon of the strawberry syrup and whisk to firm peaks. Remove the sliced strawberries from the syrup and discard or save for another use.
- Process the shortbread cookies in a blender or food processor or crush by hand to make fine crumbs. Transfer the crumbs to a plate.
- Holding one of the strawberries by the stem, dip it into the syrup, let the excess drain off and then dip it into the cookie crumbs. You may need to pat on the crumbs a bit to make sure they adhere to the strawberry. Place the strawberry on a plate. Repeat with the remaining strawberries.
- Spoon the whipped cream into a piping bag fitted with a small star tip. Pipe a small rosette of whipped cream in the middle of each strawberry. Serve within an hour.
STRAWBERRY & VANILLA SHORTCAKES
Encapsulate British summertime with these cute little shortcakes, perfect piled high with clotted cream and jam
Provided by Jane Hornby
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert, Treat
Yield Make 8
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7 and lightly flour a baking sheet. Put the flour, butter, sugar, half of the vanilla seeds and ¼ tsp salt into the bowl of a food processor, then pulse until fine. Tip into a large bowl. Beat the milk, egg and a good squeeze of lemon together, then tip into the bowl and bring together with a knife, using a cutting action, until you have a clumpy dough. Finally bring together with your hands if you need to.
- Lightly flour the work surface, tip the dough onto it, then quickly shape into a smooth-ish disc. Using a rolling pin, pat out to 2cm thick. Cut out 8 rounds with a smooth 7cm cutter (you'll need to pinch together the trimmings). Glaze just the tops with beaten egg, transfer to the floured sheet, then bake for 10-12 mins until risen and golden, and they sound hollow when tapped on the bottom. Cool on a wire rack.
- Beat the remaining vanilla seeds and icing sugar into the clotted cream. It will get runnier at first, but keep beating and it will thicken again. To serve, slice the very top from each shortcake to give a flat surface, then spoon over about 1 tsp jam. Top with a good dollop of the vanilla clotted cream and finish with the strawberries.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 502 calories, Fat 30 grams fat, SaturatedFat 18 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 55 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 22 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 6 grams protein, Sodium 0.82 milligram of sodium
- Slice the strawberries and toss them with 1/2 cup of white sugar. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease and flour one 8 inch round cake pan.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, 2 tablespoons white sugar and the salt. With a pastry blender cut in the shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center and add the beaten egg and milk. Stir until just combined.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool partially in pan on wire rack.
- Slice partially cooled cake in half, making two layers. Place half of the strawberries on one layer and top with the other layer. Top with remaining strawberries and cover with the whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 430.2 calories, Carbohydrate 55.2 g, Cholesterol 65.8 mg, Fat 21.4 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 6.6 g, SaturatedFat 9.5 g, Sodium 347 mg, Sugar 23.3 g
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE WITH THYME AND WHIPPED CREAM
This impressive, summery, thyme-scented layer cake is easier to pull off than it looks. The genoise-style sponge cake is made with melted butter for a more tender, flavorful base.
Provided by Anna Stockwell
Yield 10-12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Bake the cake layers:
- Place a rack in middle of oven; preheat to 350°F. Line bottom of pans with parchment paper, leaving sides unlined and ungreased. Melt butter in a small pot over medium heat; set aside.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Place stand mixer bowl over a pot of barely simmering water and cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is warm to the touch and sugar is dissolved (use your fingers to check). Transfer bowl to stand mixer and beat on medium-high speed with the whisk attachment until mixture is cooled and tripled in volume, about 5 minutes (when you lift the whisk, mixture should fall back on itself in thick ribbons).
- Transfer melted butter to a medium bowl. Add thyme, vanilla, and 1 cup egg mixture to butter and whisk to combine.
- Transfer remaining egg mixture to a large wide bowl. Sift half of the flour over egg mixture. Using a rubber spatula or large balloon whisk, fold flour gently into egg mixture until almost fully incorporated. Repeat with the remaining flour, then fold in butter mixture with spatula just until incorporated. Gently divide batter between prepared pans; smooth surface.
- Bake cakes until tops are deep golden and centers spring back when pressed lightly, 25-30 minutes. Immediately run a knife around edges and remove springform. Transfer pans to a wire rack and let cakes cool completely.
- Make the syrup:
- Bring sugar, thyme, and 1/2 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan. Let sit until cool, about 30 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a measuring cup and chill until ready to use.
- Assemble the cake:
- Using a serrated knife, trim top of each cake to make them flat. Brush tops with 2-3 Tbsp. syrup per cake, depending on how concentrated you'd like the thyme flavor to be.
- Toss 10 oz. strawberries with1 Tbsp. syrup in a medium bowl and let sit at least 10 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, whip heavy cream to soft peaks in the bowl of stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Add sour cream and 2 Tbsp. syrup and whip to stiff peaks.
- Transfer 1 cake layer to a platter and top with syrup-macerated strawberries. Top with half of the whipped cream, then place second cake layer gently on the first. Top with remaining whipped cream. Chill to set, at least 1 hour. Just before serving, arrange remaining 6 oz. strawberries, baby strawberries, if using, and thyme over cake.
- Do Ahead
- Cakes can be baked and syrup-soaked, but not assembled, 2 days ahead; wrap layers separately in plastic and chill. Thyme syrup can be made 5 days ahead; chill in a resealable container. Assembled cake can be made 12 hours ahead; chill.
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE WITH CHEESECAKE WHIPPED CREAM
I cheat and use prepackaged angel food cake, but I absolutely, always, use fresh fruit and make the whipped cheesecake cream myself. I use a cream cheese whipped cream so that I stays looking nice when it has to sit around on a buffet for a few hours. Since the cream cheese gives it stability you can use WAY less sugar than traditional whipped cream calls for.
Provided by sophie
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Mix 1 1/2 quarts strawberries and white sugar in a large bowl; gently mash strawberries with a potato masher. Cover and refrigerate.
- Beat cream cheese in a bowl until light and fluffy; set aside. Beat heavy cream in another bowl until soft peaks form; add whipped cream cheese and continue to beat until stiff peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the cream should form a sharp peak that holds its shape. Beat confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract into cream cheese mixture.
- Layer about half the angel food cake in a large bowl or trifle. Spread a third of the cream cheese mixture over the cake and top with a layer of mashed strawberries. Repeat the layers, finishing with a final layer of the cream cheese mixture. Arrange the remaining 1/2 quart strawberry slices decoratively. Chill until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 321.3 calories, Carbohydrate 29.1 g, Cholesterol 74.9 mg, Fat 21.7 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 4.6 g, SaturatedFat 13.3 g, Sodium 281.1 mg, Sugar 8.5 g
STRAWBERRY SHORTBREAD ICE CREAM SANDWICH
Sandwich spoonfuls of strawberry cheesecake ice cream between two Viennese whirls to make this easy yet indulgent dessert. A perfect summertime sweet treat
Provided by Elena Silcock
Categories Dessert, Treat
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Mix the ice cream with the strawberries and freeze until solid.
- Sandwich spoonfuls of the ice cream between the biscuits, then eat immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 546 calories, Fat 31 grams fat, SaturatedFat 20 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 58 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 36 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 6 grams protein, Sodium 0.6 milligram of sodium
More about "strawberry shortbread and cream recipes"
STRAWBERRY CREAM SHORTBREAD | KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.6/5 (66)Calories 249 per servingTotal Time 1 hr 20 mins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9" square or 9" round springform pan., To make the crust: Put all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat at medium speed until the dough comes together; this could take up to 2 minutes.
- If the dough won't come together, drizzle in a teaspoon of milk at a time until it does., Pat the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan, and prick it all over with a fork.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to 300°F and bake 15 to 20 minutes longer, until golden.
- Remove the crust from the oven, and let it cool completely., To make the filling: Trim the top of the strawberries to remove their leaves, but don't bother slicing them.
STRAWBERRY CREAM ON SHORTBREAD - KING ARTHUR BAKING
STRAWBERRIES & CREAM SHORTBREAD - ILOVECOOKING
Estimated Reading Time 2 minsTotal Time 10 mins
STRAWBERRY AND CREAM SHORTCAKE | AMERICAN RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
BEST STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE RECIPE - TWO PEAS & THEIR POD
STRAWBERRY SHORTBREAD RECIPE - BBC FOOD
STRAWBERRY AND MASCARPONE SHORTBREADS | DESSERT RECIPES
STRAWBERRY AND CREAM SHORTCAKES | TESCO REAL FOOD
STRAWBERRY SHORTBREAD WITH CHANTILLY CREAM – THE IRISH …
STRAWBERRY SHORTBREAD • DELICIOUS FROM SCRATCH
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE - PREPPY KITCHEN
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE MUFFINS - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
46 DREAMY STRAWBERRY AND CREAM DESSERTS | TASTE OF HOME
STRAWBERRY CREAM MATCHA SHORTBREAD BARS RECIPE
CLASSIC STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE RECIPE - THE FOOD CHARLATAN
STRAWBERRY SHORTBREAD WITH CHANTILLY CREAM: A ... - THE IRISH TIMES
SHORTCAKE - WIKIPEDIA
CLOTTED CREAM SHORTBREAD AND STRAWBERRIES RECIPE
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE CUPCAKES - SUGAR AND SOUL
EASY STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE WITH WHIPPED CREAM - JUST A TASTE
LIGHT AND FLUFFY STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE CAKE
STRAWBERRY SHORTBREAD ICE CREAM - NICKY'S KITCHEN SANCTUARY
FRESH STRAWBERRY PIE WITH SHORTBREAD & CREAM - A HEDGEHOG IN …
STRAWBERRY SHORTBREAD AND CREAM RECIPE | RECIPE | CREAM RECIPES ...
NO-CHURN STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ICE CREAM RECIPE - PUREWOW
STRAWBERRY SHORTBREAD AND CREAM RECIPE | RECIPE | RECIPES, CREAM ...
EASY STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE CAKE RECIPE | LIFE LOVE AND SUGAR
A STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE STACK CAKE RECIPE & SHORTCAKE HISTORY
STRAWBERRY SHORTBREAD AND CREAM RECIPE | RECIPE | RECIPES, FOOD, …
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE WITH ANGEL FOOD - THERESCIPES.INFO
HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE - SIMPLY SCRATCH
BEST STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE RECIPE - MOM ON TIMEOUT
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE CUPCAKES - BELLY FULL
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE - SWANKY RECIPES
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ICE CREAM RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
AMERICAN STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE – CLASSIC RECIPE - WHERE IS MY …
NINJA CREAMI STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ICE CREAM
STRAWBERRY RIPPLE AND SHORTBREAD ICE CREAM - CLOUDY KITCHEN
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
INA GARTEN JUST SHARED A SUMMERY JUMBO STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make strawberry ice cream?Ingredients. 1 3 pints fresh strawberries. 2 ½ cup white sugar. 3 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour. 4 4 teaspoons baking powder. 5 2 tablespoons white sugar. 6 ¼ teaspoon salt. 7 ⅓ cup shortening. 8 1 egg. 9 ⅔ cup milk. 10 2 cups whipped heavy cream Add all ingredients to shopping list.
What is the best way to make Strawberry Shortcake?(Aka the best part about strawberry shortcake!) I recommend mixing the strawberries and sugar together before you make the biscuits; this gives the strawberries some time to juice up. Use a food processor or pastry cutter to cut the cold butter into the dry ingredients, as detailed in the printable recipe below.
How do you Make Strawberry shortbread vegan?Whip the double cream to stiff peaks and dollop a good tablespoon in the middle of each shortbread. Slice the strawberries in half along their length and arrange in a circle around the cream. To make this recipe vegan, substitute coconut fat for the butter.
How do you serve strawberries with shortbread biscuits?Gently fold in the strawberries. To serve, use the cream filling to sandwich the shortbread biscuits together and place onto a serving plate. Dust with icing sugar and garnish with extra strawberries.