SUGARPLUM SPICE BREAD
I make Christmas Eve magical with hot cocoa and toasted slices of this fragrant, fruit-studded bread. My son and I combined several recipes to come up with this winner. -Jackie Brown, Tully, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 mini loaves (5 slices per loaf).
Number Of Ingredients 19
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add 4 cups flour, yeast, cardamom, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Heat milk to 120°-130°; add to creamed mixture and beat until moistened. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough. Turn onto a heavily floured surface. Sprinkle with fruit and raisins; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 40 minutes., Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 8 portions. Shape into loaves. Place in 8 greased 5x3x2-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool., For frosting, in a small bowl, cream butter and shortening. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to reach desired spreading consistency. Frost loaves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 174 calories, Fat 5g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 29mg cholesterol, Sodium 101mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate (15g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
SUGAR PLUM BREAD WITH HOMEMADE BUTTER
This was my very first attempt at bread and has become a constant in our house. This is one of those things that just says "Christmas", but good any time of year. Freezes well. Our son became the 'official' butter maker when he was only 4. Great fun and wonderful memories. NOTE: Prep time does not include 3-1/2 hours of rising time.
Provided by Diana 2
Categories Yeast Breads
Yield 2 round loaves, 18 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large bowl, dissolve 1 tsp sugar in warm water.
- Sprinkle in yeast and let stand 10 minutes then stir well.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar, butter, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 more cups flour and eggs. Beat 3 minutes.
- Stir in remaining flour. You should have a soft dough. Knead for 8 minutes. Place in a lightly greased bowl. Cover with greased paper and a towel.
- Let rise for 2 hours in a warm oven.
- Punch down. Knead in fruit and nuts. Shape into 2 balls.
- Place in greased 8" cake pans. Cover with a towel and let rise for 1-1/2 hours. Bake for 45 - 50 minutes at 350°.
- Remove from pans at once. Drizzle with glaze.
- Glaze: Mix sugar and water together. If too stiff, add more water by drops.
- Butter: In a glass jar, shake the whipping cream until butter forms. Drain and chill until ready to use.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 376.8, Fat 17.5, SaturatedFat 9.8, Cholesterol 96.8, Sodium 322.6, Carbohydrate 48.7, Fiber 1.8, Sugar 14.1, Protein 7.1
What a lovely bread to serve at Christmas time--visions of sugar plums. I make a lot of sweet breads at the holidays and my family enjoys them. Baking is one of my hobbies which I cherish dearly. Slivered almonds can be substituted for pine nuts.
Provided by Carol
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Dissolve 1 teaspoon sugar in 1 cup warm water in large mixer bowl. Sprinkle in yeast. Let stand 10 minutes, then stir well.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar, melted butter or margarine, salt, lemon rind, and 2 cups flour. Beat for 2 minutes at medium speed with electric mixer. Add 2 cups more flour and eggs; beat 3 minutes. Stir in almost all remaining flour, using enough flour to make a soft dough.
- Knead dough on floured board until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes. Place in lightly greased bowl. Cover with greased waxed paper and a tea towel. Let rise in warm place 75 - 85 degrees F (25 - 30 degrees C)until doubled in volume, about 2 hours.
- Punch down dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured board, and knead in raisins, candied fruit, and nuts. Shape into two round loaves. Place each in a well greased, 9 inch, round cake pan. Cover with tea towel. Let rise in warm place until doubled, 1 - 1 1/2 hours.
- Bake at 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C) for 45 to 55 minutes. Remove from pans immediately. Cool on wire racks.
- Mix together confectioners sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoons water, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Spoon onto loaves. Decorate with cherries or almonds. Alternatively, dust loaves with confectioners sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 307.4 calories, Carbohydrate 51.5 g, Cholesterol 49.4 mg, Fat 8.7 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 7 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 281.5 mg, Sugar 16.8 g
MY MOTHER-IN-LAW'S PLUM BREAD
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray, or line with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle chopped plums with 1 tablespoon of flour in a bowl, and toss to coat. Set aside. In a large bowl, beat the margarine, white sugar, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs. In another bowl, sift together 1 1/2 cup of flour with salt and baking soda. Stir the dry ingredients into the egg mixture, alternating with yogurt until the mixture forms a smooth batter. Lightly stir in the flour-coated plums, and pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle the top of the batter with brown sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool in the pan 10 to 15 minutes before removing from pan for slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 337.6 calories, Carbohydrate 51.4 g, Cholesterol 47.1 mg, Fat 12.9 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 4.9 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 342.5 mg, Sugar 32.5 g
SUGAR PLUM BREAD
I grew up with my Grandma Mitchell's irresistible plum bread. We slathered it with butter and ate it with cottage cheese and fresh fruit for a simple breakfast. And it always makes an appearance at the holidays! -Emily Tyra, Lake Ann, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 loaf (12 slices).
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small saucepan, combine dried plums, water and 2 tablespoons sugar. Bring to a simmer over medium heat for 1 minute. Remove from heat; let stand until plumped, about 10 minutes. Drain plums, reserving fruit and liquid. Measure liquid, adding enough water to yield 1/2 cup. , Cream shortening and remaining sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Beat in egg. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with cooking liquid; fold in cooled dried plums (batter will be thick)., Transfer batter to a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs, 40-45 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 202 calories, Fat 3g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 16mg cholesterol, Sodium 291mg sodium, Carbohydrate 41g carbohydrate (21g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
- Put the almonds, plums, apricots, and figs into the bowl of a food processor and pulse 20 to 25 times or until the fruit and nuts are chopped into small pieces, but before the mixture becomes a ball.
- Combine the powdered sugar, anise seeds, fennel seeds, caraway seeds, cardamom, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Add the nut and fruit mixture and the honey and mix using gloved hands until well combined.
- Scoop the mixture into 1/4-ounce portions and roll into balls. If serving immediately, roll in the coarse sugar and serve. If not serving immediately, put the balls on a cooling rack and leave uncovered until ready to serve. Roll in the coarse sugar prior to serving.
- The Sugarplums may be stored on the cooling rack for up to a week. After a week, store in an airtight container for up to a month.
This is a refreshing recipe for the best of the summers fruits. My mom made this often and we would always beg for her to make it more often
Provided by nnreq
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 2 loaves
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cream butter sugar and vanilla together until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beat after each addition.
- Sift together flour, salt, cream of tartar, and baking soda.
- Add about 1/3 of the yogurt to the mixture then 1/3 of the flour mixture, alternating until all is added.
- fill two greased and floured bread pans 1/2 full with batter, then add 1/4 of the fruit to each pan, then the remaining batter and top with the remaining fruit.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 50-55 minutes.
- cool in the pan for about 15 minutes and turn onto a platter.
- Makes two loaves but freezes well.
SUGARPLUM BRUNCH RING
Visions of Christmas breakfast without a lot of fuss? Assemble this pull-apart loaf in 20 minutes, then enjoy it warm from the oven.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Grease 12-cup fluted tube pan. In small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon. Cut each roll in half. Dip in butter; roll in sugar mixture. Place half of rolls in pan. Sprinkle with half of pecans and half of cherries. Drizzle with half of corn syrup. Repeat with remaining half of ingredients.
- Drizzle any remaining butter over top; sprinkle with any remaining sugar mixture. Cover with greased plastic wrap and cloth towel. Let rise in warm place (80 to 85°F.) until light and doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Uncover dough. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until top is deep golden brown. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Invert onto serving plate; remove pan. Serve warm to pull apart, or cool completely and slice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 240, Carbohydrate 38 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Fat 1 1/2, Fiber 2 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 240 mg, Sugar 17 g, TransFat 0 g
SUGAR PLUM BREAD RECIPE
Provided by rmille6277
Number Of Ingredients 7
- DIRECTIONS: Mix all well. Prepare 2 loaf pans by greasing with butter or veggie spray, such as Pam, then sprinkle bottom and sides with sugar. Pour batter into pans and bake at 325 for 50 to 60 minutes. Cool 10 minutes, turn out on rack.
More about "sugar plum bread recipes"
SUGAR PLUM RECIPES - HOME COOKING - CHOWHOUND
SUGAR PLUM MIMOSA RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
PLUM SWEET BREAD CRESCENTS | IMPERIAL SUGAR
BROWN SUGAR & PLUM PULL-APART BREAD
RECIPE: SUGAR PLUM LOAF (YEAST BREAD USING CANDIED FRUIT ...
PLUM BREAD | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
SUGAR PLUM BREAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
SWEET PLUM BREAD | RECIPE | KITCHEN STORIES
SUGAR PLUM BREAD RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
SUGAR PLUM BREAD - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
LINCOLNSHIRE PLUM BREAD RECIPE - BBC FOOD
PLUM BREAD - LIKE MOTHER, LIKE DAUGHTER
SUGAR PLUM HAND PIES WITH HONEYED RICOTTA - SWEET AND SUMMERY
PLUM LOAF RECIPE - A PRETTY LIFE IN THE SUBURBS
SUGARPLUM BARS RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
SUGARPLUM BREAD - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
AUTHENTIC SUGAR PLUMS: MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM CANADA!
10 BEST PLUM BREAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
SUGAR PLUM PUDDING RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
PLUM BREAD – RECIPES BY VAL
PLUM BREAD RECIPE | YUMMLY | RECIPE | PLUM BREAD RECIPE, PLUM …
LINCOLNSHIRE PLUM BREAD: A FABULOUS FESTIVE FRUIT BREAD AND …
10 BEST PLUM BREAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
GINGERBREAD SUGAR PLUM LAYER CAKE - SWEET RECIPEAS
A DANCE OF THE IMAGINATION: SUGARPLUM BREAD - THE WONDERSMITH
SUGAR PLUM FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE - MARTIN'S FAMOUS POTATO ROLLS …
PLUM YEASTY BREAD | BREAD RECIPES | JAMIE MAGAZINE RECIPE
LINCOLNSHIRE PLUM BREAD - TEA BREAD WITH DRIED FRUIT
SUGARPLUM BREAD RECIPE
PLUM BREAD IN A HURRY - THE HAPPY FOODIE
THE BEST PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE - SUGAR SPUN RUN
SUGAR PLUM COOKIES RECIPE
LINCOLNSHIRE PLUM BREAD - SAVOR THE FLAVOUR
LINCOLNSHIRE PLUM BREAD - MY MUMS - EASY PEASY LEMON SQUEEZY
PLUM BREAD - GET THE RECIPE AT JOYFUL MOMMA'S KITCHEN BLOG
SUGAR PLUM COOKIES RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
PLUM BREAD RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make plum bread?Directions Preheat oven to 350°. In a small saucepan, combine dried plums, water and 2 tablespoons sugar. Cream shortening and remaining sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Beat in egg. Transfer batter to a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan.
What is the recipe for a plum casserole?Ingredients 1 cup pitted dried plums, coarsely chopped 3/4 cup water 2 tablespoons plus 3/4 cup sugar, divided 2 tablespoons shortening 1 large egg, room temperature 2 cups all-purpose flour 2 teaspoons baking powder 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 tablespoons coarse sugar
How to cook fresh plums in the oven?Preheat oven to 350°. In a small saucepan, combine dried plums, water and 2 tablespoons sugar. Bring to a simmer over medium heat for 1 minute. Remove from heat; let stand until plumped, about 10 minutes. Drain plums, reserving fruit and liquid.
What kind of plums do you use for a loaf?Plums: You can use any type of plums for this loaf recipe. My favourite are the prune plums (or sometimes called sugar plums). This loaf freezes well. Make sure to line your loaf pans with parchment paper. Add sliced plums to the tops of your loaves before baking, for a delicious and decorative touch.