EASY HOMEMADE SUGAR PLUMS RECIPE
Quick and easy homemade sugar plums recipe! This Christmas classic is made with dried plums, warming spices, a bit of orange, and coating of sugar.
Provided by Trish Bozeman
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a food processor, combine all of the ingredients except the sugar. Pulse until everything is combined, but not completely pureed.
- Spread a piece of parchment paper over a plate or baking sheet and spoon 13 1" spoonfuls onto the parchment. Like you would with cookies. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Place the sugar onto a shallow dish so that you can roll the balls into the sugar to coat them. Roll a ball with the palms of your hands and then roll it in the sugar with your finger tips. Repeat with all the spoonfuls. You want these to stay cold, so try not to over roll them. They should conform to a ball easily. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 103 kcal, ServingSize 1 serving
When our kids read about sugarplums in a holiday tale, they were intrigued...and so was I! In short order, I figured out a no-bake way to make the sweets from dried fruits and nuts.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 8 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a food processor, combine the raisins, plums, mixed fruit and pecans. Cover and process until chopped. Transfer to a large bowl., Roll into 1-in. balls, then roll in sugar. Place on waxed paper and let stand at room temperature for 4 hours. Store in an airtight container. Roll in additional sugar before serving if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 83 calories, Fat 3g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 3mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
SUGARPLUM CHRISTMAS CANDY
- Gather the ingredients.
- Place the chopped dates, walnuts, cranberries, prunes, and hazelnuts in the food processor . Pulse the mixture a few times.
- Add the cherry preserves, cinnamon , and cloves, and pulse several more times until the mixture begins to come together. It should hold itself in a ball when you squeeze it between your fingers. You want to retain some of the coarse texture. Do not overprocess it into a sticky paste.
- Roll the candy into small 1-inch balls. Then roll the balls in the granulated sugar until they are fully covered with the sugar.
- Store the finished sugarplums in an airtight container between layers of waxed paper until you are ready to serve them. Sugarplums can be kept refrigerated, for up to one month.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 63 kcal, Carbohydrate 11 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, Sodium 1 mg, Sugar 9 g, Fat 2 g, ServingSize 24 sugarplums (24 servings), UnsaturatedFat 0 g
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Whisk egg white, then roll the plums first in egg white and then the cinnamon sugar until very well coated in a sugary crust.
- Space apart in a buttered baking dish, then bake for 15 mins or until the plums are crusty, cooked through and starting to be juicy. To test, poke in a cocktail stick; if it goes in easily, they are ready.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 207 calories, Carbohydrate 53 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 53 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 2 grams protein, Sodium 0.06 milligram of sodium
While working as a secretary in a library, I got a request from someone looking for a sugar plum recipe. I searched high and low but eventually stumbled upon this version in a local publication.-Virginia Barber, Waynesville, Georgia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large bowl, beat eggs for 1 minute. Gradually add 1 cup sugar; beat 1 minute longer or until thickened. Stir in the almonds, coconut, dates and extracts. Transfer to an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish., Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until browned and a thermometer reads 160°. Remove from the oven; stir. Let stand for 6-8 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Roll into 1-in. balls; roll in remaining sugar. Cool completely on waxed paper. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts :
- Mix graham crumbs, coconut, large package of jello (dry mix) and milk together really well.
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Roll in remaining package of jello (dry mix).
- Reshape if necessary (You can shape them like strawberries if you want).
- Keep them in the fridge or freezer-they taste better cold.
This is from Land O'Lakes ad in the December, 1967 issue of Better Homes and Gardens. You shape the candies with your hands.
Provided by Chocolatl
Yield 1 1/2 pounds
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Beat the butter until light and fluffy.
- Slowly beat in sugar and continue to mix until light and crumbly.
- Add cream and vanilla, and beat until completely blended.
- Shape and decorate as desired.
- Store in a cool place.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1309.8, Fat 76.2, SaturatedFat 48, Cholesterol 217, Sodium 452.8, Carbohydrate 160.9, Sugar 157.1, Protein 1.5
More about "sugarplums recipes"
SUGARPLUMS RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
SUGAR PLUMS - CUPCAKE PROJECT
CHRISTMAS CANDIES: VICTORIAN SUGARPLUMS - CHATELAINE
SUGAR PLUM RECIPE - LEARNINGHERBS
NO-BAKE SUGAR PLUMS - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
SUGAR PLUM RECIPE FOR CHRISTMAS | TIKKIDO.COM
SUGARPLUMS RECIPE - FOOD CHANNEL
AUTHENTIC SUGAR PLUMS: MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM CANADA!
HOMEMADE SUGAR PLUMS | HOWSTUFFWORKS
LAST-MINUTE SUGARPLUMS | THE MESSY BAKER
SUGARPLUMS : RECIPES : COOKING CHANNEL RECIPE | ALTON …
SUGARPLUMS RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
RECIPE FOR SUGARPLUMS CHRISTMAS CANDY | ALMANAC.COM
SUGAR PLUM RECIPE - SHE LOVES BISCOTTI
TRADITIONAL SUGAR PLUMS RECIPE | REAL SUGAR PLUM CANDY
HOW TO MAKE VICTORIAN SUGARPLUMS | PUBLICATIONS - ADVICE
BEST SUGAR PLUMS RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
SUGARPLUMS | PLUM RECIPES, SUGAR PLUM RECIPES, FOOD
SUGARPLUMS - CHATELAINE
SUGARPLUMS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SUGAR PLUMS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE AUTHENTIC SUGARPLUM CANDY
SUGAR PLUMS - INSPIRED CUISINE
SUGARPLUMS - READER'S DIGEST CANADA
SWEET AND SPICY SUGARPLUMS RECIPE | ALTON BROWN
SUGARPLUMS RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
SUGAR PLUMS - NOURISHED KITCHEN
SUGARPLUMS - TUESDAY RECIPE
SUGARPLUMS | WILLIAMS SONOMA
PLUM GALETTE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
SUGAR PLUMS (WHAT ARE THEY & HOW TO MAKE) - THE HONEYBEE
SUGARPLUMS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
RECIPES - HI SUGARPLUM!
SUGARPLUMS | RECIPE | SUGAR PLUM RECIPES, FOOD NETWORK RECIPES, …
SUGARPLUMS - DEDE WILSON
SUGARPLUMS: DREAMING OF THE SWEET UNKNOWN : NPR
EASY SUGARPLUMS WITH CONDENSED MILK, COCONUT, AND VANILLA EXTRACT
SUGAR PLUMS | SAVEUR
SUGARPLUMS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #for-large-groups #healthy #desserts #fruit #heirloom-historical #holiday-event #candy #nuts #dietary #gifts #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #healthy-2 #low-in-something #number-of-servings
You'll also love