SWEET 'N' SAVORY APPLE STUFFING
After a few dozen Thanksgivings, I began to search for a new stuffing recipe. With its bits of fruit and nuts, this one has become my favorite. -Karen Horne Staab of New Rochelle, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a large skillet, cook the apple, celery, onion, parsley, green onions and celery leaves in butter until tender. Add the fruit mix, cranberries, pecans, poultry seasoning, salt, sage and pepper. Stir in the broth, water and stuffing. Toss to coat., Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through and lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 183 calories, Fat 5g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 5mg cholesterol, Sodium 671mg sodium, Carbohydrate 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
Common fruit and veggies give store bought stuffing mix flavor that's anything but ordinary. It's an easy alternative to from-scratch apple stuffing that can take over an hour to make. -Terri McKitrick, Delafield, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a large skillet, saute the apple, onion and celery in butter until tender. Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions. Stir in apple mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 256 calories, Fat 13g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 30mg cholesterol, Sodium 706mg sodium, Carbohydrate 30g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
GRANDMOM JACOBS' SAVORY STUFFING
My grandmom's secret ingredient to her stuffing was stale Italian bread to soak up the stock, and Trisha's grandmother used saltines for a nice crunch. On the show, we cooked up a combination of both of our family traditions!
Provided by Food Network
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- Place the bread cubes on a baking sheet lined with parchment and drizzle over the olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toast for 3 to 5 minutes until golden brown. Make sure to watch them so they don't burn. Remove the cubes and switch the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the carrots, celery, onion and thyme and season with salt and pepper. Saute until softened, about 8 minutes. Remove the vegetables to a large bowl.
- Add the toasted bread and saltines to the vegetables. Add the stock slowly, tossing gently, until the bread is moist but not too soggy; you may not use all of your stock. Place in a greased 9-by-13-inch baking dish and bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes until golden brown.
STUFFING SWEET AND SAVORY
Sweet and savory, a thanksgiving favorite for everyone who tastes it. Simple, Sweet, and Satisfying. This stuffing is a family recipe that has been passed down for over fifty years. We cannot have stuffing served at any holiday meal unless this one is on the table.
Provided by Cindi in South Flor
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Melt the butter in a large pot.
- Add the celery and onion and cook until soft.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Remove the pot from the heat and pour in the bag of stuffing.
- Mix well.
- Add the cranraisins, honey, pecans, and egg and mix lightly.
- Spoon the stuffing mixture into a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until the stuffing is hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 656.7, Fat 28.7, SaturatedFat 11.5, Cholesterol 72.3, Sodium 1350.8, Carbohydrate 91.7, Fiber 4.8, Sugar 42.9, Protein 11.9
SAVORY APPLE STUFFING
Putting a delicious spin on your favorite stuffing mix is as easy as adding chopped apples and cooked onions.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Prepare stuffing as directed on package, adding apples and onions with the stuffing mix.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 190, Fat 9 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 550 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 4 g
More about "sweet n savory apple stuffing recipes"
BEST SAVORY STUFFED APPLES - GORGEOUS SIDE DISH
APPLE STUFFING AND DRESSING RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
EASY APPLE STUFFING RECIPE FOR THANKSGIVING | DIETHOOD
SWEET 'N' SAVORY APPLE STUFFING RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
APPLE SAUSAGE STUFFING - BELLE OF THE KITCHEN
APPLE SAUSAGE STUFFING - WELLNESS BY KAY
SWEET APPLE STUFFING - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
15 SAVORY APPLE RECIPES (THE JACKPOT OF DELICIOUS IDEAS)
20 SWEET AND SAVORY APPLE RECIPES - LOVE ON A PLATE
RECIPE SWEET N SAVORY APPLE STUFFING RECIPE - YOUTUBE
SWEET 'N' SAVORY APPLE STUFFING | KOOLS FAMILY FAVORITES
SAVORY MAIN DISH RECIPES STARRING SWEET APPLES | ALLRECIPES
SWEET 'N' SAVORY APPLE STUFFING RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF …
BAKED APPLES WITH SAVORY STUFFING - SHUTTERBEAN
HOMEMADE STUFFING WITH APPLES AND SAUSAGE + MENU | CHEW OUT …
EASY APPLE STUFFING FOR TWO - BAKING MISCHIEF
SWEET AND SAVORY STUFFING - CANADIANCOOKINGADVENTURES.COM
SWEET-'N-SAVORY STUFFING - CACHE VALLEY FAMILY MAGAZINE
SAVORY STUFFED BAKED APPLES - TOTALLYCHEFS
PORK WITH SAVORY APPLE STUFFING - FRENCH'S
50+ SWEET AND SAVORY APPLE RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
RECIPE - SAVORY HERB STUFFING WITH SAUSAGE, APPLES & NUTS
SAVORY APPLE AND CHESTNUT DRESSING - EATS BY THE BEACH
SWEET 'N' SAVORY APPLE STUFFING (4 PTS) - RECIPES FOR WEIGHT …
CRANBERRY APPLE STUFFING | SAVORY
SAVORY APPLE STUFFING | SWISS DIAMOND RECIPES
APPLESAUCE STUFFING RECIPE - CHEAP RECIPE BLOG
50 APPLE RECIPE IDEAS- SWEET & SAVORY! | THE SALTY POT
SAVORY APPLE SAUSAGE STUFFING RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
APPLE STUFFING - A SWEET TWIST ON A CLASSIC! — PIMP MY RECIPE
EASY APPLE SAUSAGE STUFFING - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
SAVORY STUFFED BAKED APPLES - DISHING UP THE DIRT
You'll also love