SWEET SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly coat the inside of a baking dish with butter or butter substitute.
- Arrange pork chops in the prepared baking dish; season with salt and pepper. Spread mayonnaise over the tops of each pork chop with a spatula. Sprinkle panko bread crumbs over the mayonnaise. Drizzle honey over the bread crumbs. Season each chop with rosemary.
- Bake pork chops in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 45 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 739.4 calories, Carbohydrate 25.7 g, Cholesterol 127.5 mg, Fat 53.7 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 44.3 g, SaturatedFat 9.9 g, Sodium 1093.2 mg, Sugar 4.9 g
SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS
- For the ham hock gravy: Combine the ham hocks, corn and ice water in a pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 3 1/2 hours. Add the celery, carrots and onions, and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Strain the stock, reserving the ham hocks. When cool enough to handle, pick the meat off of the ham hocks.
- In a 4-quart pot, melt the butter and stir in the flour. Cook the roux for 2 minutes, then stir in 2 quarts of the ham hock broth, followed by half of the picked ham hock meat. Simmer the gravy for 15 to 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. (Reserve 8 cups of the ham hock broth and half of the picked ham hock meat for the collard greens.)
- For the collard greens: Melt the butter in a large pot. Add the onions and garlic, and saute for 3 to 4 minutes to sweat the onions. Add the chile flakes and saute 1 minute. Add the collard greens and ham hock meat, and stir to wilt the collards. Add the cider vinegar, apple juice and 8 cups of the ham hock broth. Bring to a simmer, cover the pot, and simmer until the greens are tender, 1 hour. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the roasted sweet potatoes: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Toss the diced sweet potatoes in a bowl with the grapeseed oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread the sweet potatoes out on a baking sheet and roast in the oven until tender and browned, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer the sweet potatoes to a saute pan. Add the molasses, chili powder and cayenne. Saute over high heat, tossing to coat the sweet potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the pork chops: Preheat a grill or grill pan to high.
- Sprinkle the pork chops with the salt and pepper. Grill until cooked through and nicely marked, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove the chops from the grill and plate immediately.
- For plating: Divide the sweet potatoes between six plates. Using a slotted spoon, strain the collard greens and plate them next to the sweet potatoes. Shingle the pork chops over one side of the sides. Smother with ham hock gravy. Serve.
PORK CHOPS WITH SWEET POTATO
"As snowbirds originally from Iowa, we love these tender chops and sweet potatoes with an orange sauce in the fall, no matter where we are," explains Jean Nieman from Mesa, Arizona.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a small nonstick skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with sweet potato; drizzle with butter. , In a small saucepan, combine the orange juice, brown sugar, salt, ginger, mace and pepper; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour over sweet potato., Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until the pork reaches 160° and potato is tender. Remove pork and potato; keep warm. Pour pan juices into a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with pork and sweet potato.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 356 calories, Fat 16g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 84mg cholesterol, Sodium 252mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (12g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
PORK CHOPS AND SWEET POTATO GRAVY
- Season the pork chops with the rub. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and brown the chops, about 5 minutes on each side. Transfer the chops to a warm platter and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the flour and, stirring constantly, cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the roux is chocolate brown. Add the onions and water and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until wilted. Add the pecans, water, salt, and cayenne and mix well. Bring to a boil. Add the sweet potatoes and blend to make a smooth mixture. Stir in the syrup and green onions. Return the pork chops to the pan, reduce the heat and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes, basting the chops with the gravy.
- Serve immediately.
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Recipe from New New Orleans Cooking by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch. Published by William and Morrow, 1993.
SWEET POTATO SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS
I LOVE this recipe. I found it online and have made a few tweaks to it. It is very quick and easy to make, even for beginner cooks.
Provided by MindyG13
Categories Yam/Sweet Potato
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Pre heat oven to 350°. In a small, non-stick skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Place in an 8 inch square baking dish, coated with non-stick cooking spray. Layer with sweet potato. Drizzle with butter.
- In small saucepan, combine orange juice, brown sugar, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour over sweet potato.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until pork reached 160° and potato is tender. Remove pork and potato, and keep warm.
- Pour pan juices into a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Then, stir into juices. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve over pork and sweet potato.
PORK CHOPS WITH APPLES, SWEET POTATOES, AND SAUERKRAUT
This sweet yet savory medley of apples, sweet potatoes, onions, and sauerkraut cooks up perfectly in the slow cooker! Don't be afraid of the sauerkraut---it becomes sweet and mild.
Provided by RCKim
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and coat with cooking spray. Quickly brown the pork chops on each side. Set aside.
- Arrange sweet potato slices in the bottom of a 3 to 4 quart slow cooker. Cover with the onion slices, then the apple slices. Sprinkle brown sugar, nutmeg and salt over the apples, and grind a little pepper. Place the pork chops on top of the pile, and cover with sauerkraut. Cover, and cook on Low for about 5 hours. It can go an extra hour without drying out though.
- Serve pork and vegetables with juice from the slow cooker spooned over them.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 275.6 calories, Carbohydrate 43.4 g, Cholesterol 30.4 mg, Fat 5.6 g, Fiber 8.6 g, Protein 14.6 g, SaturatedFat 2.1 g, Sodium 968 mg, Sugar 18.3 g
More about "sweet potato smothered pork chops recipes"
SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS AND POTATOES - DON'T SWEAT THE …
4.1/5 (11)Total Time 1 hr 45 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 582 per serving
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, season the chops with salt and pepper. Brown both sides of the pork chops. Remove and set aside. Add onions to the skillet and saute about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Prepare a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray. Spread half of the onions on the bottom, layer 1/2 of the potatoes over the onions, salt, and pepper to taste, sprinkle 1/2 of the cheese over the potatoes.
CLASSIC SOUTHERN SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
5/5 (3)Total Time 45 minsCategory DinnerCalories 596 per serving
- Season the pork chops by sprinkling with the salt and pepper on all sides. In a shallow dish, combine the flour, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Lightly dredge the pork chops in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess flour and reserving 2 tablespoons of the flour mixture for the sauce.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, brown the pork chops by cooking for about 3-4 minutes on each side, then transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the onions to the pan and saute for 5 minutes, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Once the onions have softened and begun to brown slightly, add the garlic and cook for 1 additional minute.
- Push the softened onions to one side of the pan and add the butter to the empty side of the pan. Once the butter has melted, sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the reserved flour mixture used for dredging the pork chops over the butter and stir constantly, cooking for 5-6 minutes to create a nice, dark roux. It should be about the color of peanut butter. Whisk in the chicken stock and water.
SOUTHERN SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS & GRAVY | I HEART RECIPES
4.9/5 (45)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main Dish
RECIPE: MAPLE GRAVY-SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS WITH STEWED ...
4/5 Total Time 35 minsCuisine SouthernCalories 610 per serving
RECIPE: MAPLE GRAVY-SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS WITH COLLARD ...
4.1/5 (265)Total Time 40 minsCuisine SouthernCalories 750 per serving
SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS AND POTATOES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 4Total Time 30 mins
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp. Remove bacon with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Drain all but 1 tablespoon bacon fat from skillet.
- Sprinkle pork chops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add pork chops to bacon fat in skillet over medium heat. Cook pork 3 to 4 minutes, turning once, until lightly browned. Remove pork from skillet; set aside. Stir in cooking sauce, potatoes, 1/4 cup of the green onions and the cream; heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Return pork to skillet. Cover; simmer 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until pork is no longer pink in center. Sprinkle with bacon and remaining green onions.
SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS: A TASTE OF SOUL FOOD | KITCHEN FRAU
Estimated Reading Time 9 mins
SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
Cuisine SouthernTotal Time 1 hrCategory EntreeCalories 369 per serving
SMOTHERED POTATOES RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
Servings 8Total Time 20 minsCategory Pan-Fry & Skillet
25 BEST PORK CHOP SIDES - WHAT TO SERVE WITH PORK DISHES ...
Author Sheela Prakash
SWEET TEA AND CORNBREAD: SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS!
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
TWO STEP MUSHROOM PORK CHOPS WITH SWEET POTATOES RECIPE ...
4.5/5 (6)Calories 320Servings 4Calories 320 per serving
PAN STEAMED PORK CHOP RECIPES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
10 BEST POTATO SIDE DISHES WITH PORK CHOPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
BROWNING PORK CHOPS IN SKILLET - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
ONE POT PORK CHOP MEAL - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
SWEET SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS - PORK CHOP RECIPES
SWEET SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS RECIPE
SWEET SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS RECIPES
SMOTHERED PORK CHOP SCALLOPED POTATO CASSEROLE!
SWEET POTATO SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS RECIPES
SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS RECIPE | KITCHN
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #yams-sweet-potatoes #for-1-or-2 #main-dish #pork #potatoes #vegetables #easy #beginner-cook #dietary #low-sodium #low-carb #inexpensive #low-in-something #meat #pork-chops #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook pork chops and sweet potatoes?In a small nonstick skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with sweet potato; drizzle with butter. In a small saucepan, combine the orange juice, brown sugar, salt, ginger, mace and pepper; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour over sweet potato.
What is a good recipe for pork chops and potatoes?Smothered Pork Chops and Potatoes. Remove the chops, set aside and add the onions to the pan. Saute until just tender. Prepare a 9×13 casserole dish with olive oil spray, spread a thin layer of onions, then 1/2 of the potatoes, then half of the cheese. Place the pork chops on top. Whisk together in a separate bowl the soup, milk, cream, parsley,...
What are smothered pork chops?Smothered pork chops are a Southern classic comfort food of tender, juicy pan-fried pork chops swimming in a rich and savory onion gravy that’s kissed with buttermilk. The whole thing comes together in a single skillet, is totally doable on a weeknight, and hits the table in about 40 minutes.
How to cook sweet potato and pork tenderloin?In a small saucepan, combine the orange juice, brown sugar, salt, ginger, mace and pepper; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour over sweet potato. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until the pork reaches 160° and potato is tender. Remove pork and potato; keep warm. Pour pan juices into a small saucepan.