BAKED HAM WITH BROWN SUGAR MUSTARD GLAZE
Make your next holiday centerpiece this top-rated Baked Ham with Brown Sugar Mustard Glaze recipe from Food Network.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 12 servings with leftovers
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Score top of ham into diamonds and stud center of each diamond with a clove. Place ham on a rack in a roasting pan and bake for 1 1/2 hours. In a bowl combine the sugar, mustard and vinegar and spread glaze evenly over ham. Bake for another 35 minutes Transfer ham to a platter and let stand 15 minutes before carving.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine cloves, sugar and mustard and brush over Ham Steak. Bake in baking dish in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes until heated through.
BAKED HAM WITH BROWN SUGAR & MUSTARD GLAZE
- Place the raw ham in a large, clean bucket. Add enough water to cover and soak overnight, or up to 24 hrs ahead, changing the water twice.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Drain and place the ham in a large roasting tin, cover tightly with foil and bake for 3 hrs.
- Remove the ham from the oven and turn the heat up to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.Using a sharp knife, carefully slice the rind off the ham, leaving about 1-2 cm of fat; cut a diamond-shaped pattern into this. In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and mustard, then rub all over the ham. Roast for 30 mins until the ham is tender and the outside nice and sticky.
- Bring to the table on a large platter lined with bay leaves. To serve, cut 1cm-thick slices off the ham to go alongside the rye bread, pickles and mustard sauce (Make your own sauce with our recipe below).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 337 calories, Fat 19 grams fat, SaturatedFat 7 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 8 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 8 grams sugar, Protein 35 grams protein, Sodium 4.02 milligram of sodium
BAKED HONEY MUSTARD HAM
Ham is one of the traditional meat dishes served in Trinidadian homes at Christmas time. Many people I know bake it on Christmas Eve and have it for breakfast with freshly baked bread and a condiment called Chow Chow (Picalli Sauce). You are also likely to be served thick slices of ham with Christmas meat pies known as Pastelles. This recipe is simplicity itself and it's how I bake my ham every year. Enjoy!
Provided by WizzyTheStick
Yield 1 ham, 20 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place ham, skin side up, in a roasting pan and bake coverd at 325 degrees for 20 minutes per pound. Add 20 minutes extra. (In this case, 2 hours).
- Remove ham from the oven. Score fat in diamond shapes. Use a knife to stick the cloves in all over the ham.
- Combine honey, mustard and orange juice and spread over the ham.
- Return to the oven and continue to bake uncovered for 20 - 30 minutes more, basting occasionally with the glaze.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 326.4, Fat 23.5, SaturatedFat 8.2, Cholesterol 79.4, Sodium 1437.6, Carbohydrate 9.5, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 7.2, Protein 18.6
HAM SAUCE (MUSTARD SAUCE)
This recipe has been in our family and we love sharing it with others. One taste is all you need to fall in love with its distinct flavor. I really hope you like it. A wonderful way to dress up your ham for any occasion.
Provided by miwings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Bring about 3 inches of water to a simmer in the bottom of a double boiler. Whisk together the sugar, vinegar, tomato soup, mustard powder, egg yolks, and melted butter in the top of the double boiler. Transfer 1/4 cup of the mixture to a small bowl; mix in flour until smooth. Whisk flour mixture back into mustard sauce; combine thoroughly. Cover and turn heat to medium-high.
- Cook sauce until thick, approximately 30 minutes; stir occasionally. Turn heat to low and simmer sauce to hold.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 215.6 calories, Carbohydrate 21.8 g, Cholesterol 129.5 mg, Fat 13.4 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 2.4 g, SaturatedFat 7.3 g, Sodium 218.5 mg, Sugar 18.6 g
BAKED HAM WITH MUSTARD AND MARJORAM
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix first 6 ingredients in medium bowl. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate)
- Line large roasting pan with double layer of foil. Trim any tough rind and fat from upper side of ham, leaving 1/4-inch-thick layer of fat. Using long sharp knife, score fat in 1-inch-wide diamond pattern. Place ham in prepared pan. Pour Madeira and 1 cup orange juice into bottom of pan. Bake ham until heated through, about 45 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. Increase oven temperature to 450°F. Spread mustard mixture generously over top and sides of ham. Return to oven and continue to bake until mustard coating is golden brown, about 35 minutes.
- Transfer ham to platter. Skim fat from pan juices and discard. Pour pan juices into medium saucepan. Add marjoram and bring to boil. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Slice ham into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Serve with sauce.
HAM CROQUETTES WITH MUSTARD SAUCE
Any leftover ham is set aside for these crispy croquettes. I shape them early in the day, then simply fry them at dinnertime. The mustard sauce is mild and pairs well with ham.-Kathy Vincek, Toms River, New Jersey
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 19
- In a small bowl, combine the ham, onion and parsley; set aside., In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir into ham mixture., Spread into an 8-in. square baking dish; cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours., In a shallow bowl, combine egg and water. Place bread crumbs in a separate shallow bowl. Shape ham mixture into 12 balls (mixture will be soft); roll each ball in egg mixture, then in bread crumbs. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours longer., In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry croquettes, a few at a time, for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels., Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in mustard. Serve with croquettes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 188 calories, Fat 14g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 44mg cholesterol, Sodium 503mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 7g protein.
HONEY MUSTARD GLAZED HAM RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: onion, garlic, apple cider vinegar, stone ground mustard, orange juice, whole cloves, picnic ham, honey, dijon mustard, worcestershire sauce, brown sugar
Provided by Matthew Johnson
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Add the chopped onion, garlic cloves, apple cider vinegar, mustard, orange juice, and cloves to a large roasting pan, stirring to combine.
- Place the ham on the roasting rack over the liquid.
- Trim off tough outer skin, then score the remaining fat in a crosshatch pattern. Cover the entire roasting rack with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove the ham from the oven, and remove the foil. Baste the ham with the liquid, then remove the rack from the roasting pan and set aside.
- Remove all the whole cloves from the remaining liquid in the pan. Pour the remaining liquid into a pot, along with the honey, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar. Whisk to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium high heat, then simmer until thick and reduced, about 10 minutes.
- Brush the glaze on to the ham then transfer back to the roasting rack.
- Bake the ham for 30-45 minutes, or until the glaze is caramelized and the ham reaches 145°F (65°C).
- Slice the ham, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1221 calories, Carbohydrate 30 grams, Fat 79 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 87 grams, Sugar 27 grams
MUSTARD SAUCE FOR HAM
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, sugar and mustard powder until evenly blended. Whisk together the milk and egg yolks in a saucepan, and slowly whisk in the mustard mixture. Stir in the vinegar. Whisking constantly, bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, reduce heat to low, and simmer until thickened.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 55.3 calories, Carbohydrate 10.7 g, Cholesterol 26.8 mg, Fat 1.1 g, Protein 1.1 g, SaturatedFat 0.4 g, Sodium 7.3 mg, Sugar 10.1 g
HAM WITH MUSTARD SAUCE
- To prepare mustard sauce, in a small dish, combine mustard, brown sugar, honey, pepper and rosemary, mix well.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of sauce.
- Add ham steaks to sauce in dish, turning to coat.
- Cover dish with plastic wrap and chill 30 minutes, turning once.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place ham steaks on a foil-lined broiler pan.
- Broil ham steaks 4in from heat, turning once until browned and heated through, about 7 minutes.
CURRANT MUSTARD-GLAZED HAM
- If the ham comes with the skin still attached, remove most of it with a sharp knife, leaving a collar of skin around the shank bone and a layer of fat. Trim the fat, leaving a layer about 1/3 inch thick, score the layer remaining into diamonds, and stud the center of each diamond with a clove. Bake the ham on a rack in a roasting pan in a preheated 350°F. oven for 55 minutes.
- In a small saucepan heat the jelly over moderate heat, stirring, until it is melted and smooth, remove the pan from the heat, and stir in the mustard. Spoon the glaze over the ham, spreading it evenly, and bake the ham for 30 to 35 minutes more, or until the glaze is brown and bubbly. Transfer the ham to a platter and let it stand for 15 minutes before carving. If planning to make the ham, spinach, and pasta gratin (page 117), reserve 1 pound of the carved ham, covered and chilled.
HAM WITH MUSTARD-CREAM SAUCE
This recipe really is too easy to taste so good! It's hard to believe three common ingredients can turn a ham slice into something so uncommonly special. Microwave some potatoes and open a bag of salad mix for a fuss-free meal. -Lisa Nelson, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place ham steaks in a large skillet. In a small bowl, combine water and mustard; pour over ham. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes on each side or until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and onions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 326 calories, Fat 18g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 96mg cholesterol, Sodium 1950mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 28g protein.
BAKED HAM WITH MUSTARD GLAZE - CROCK POT
I don't remember where I got this recipe from, but my late husband loved this ham and always looked forward to dinner on the days I made this.
Provided by Debala
Yield 12-15 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Score ham in a diamond pattern and stud with cloves.
- Place in crock pot.
- Combine brown sugar, mustard, and lemon juice then spoon on ham.
- Cover and cook on High (1 hour) then on Low for (6 to 7 hours) or until ham is hot.
- Remove ham to a warm serving platter.
- Turn crock pot to High.
- Combine orange juice and cornstarch to form a smooth paste.
- Stir into drippings in crock pot.
- Cook stirring occasionally until sauce is thickened.
- Spoon over ham.
More about "baked ham with mustard sauce recipes"
MUSTARD BAKED HAM RECIPE - HAM RECIPES - COUNTRY …
BOILED HAM RECIPE (WITH BAKED HONEY MUSTARD GLAZE)
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
10 BEST DIJON MUSTARD SAUCE HAM RECIPES | YUMMLY
BROWN SUGAR AND MUSTARD GLAZED BONE-IN HAM WITH …
MUSTARD SAUCE FOR HAM - BAKE. EAT. REPEAT.
BAKED HAM WITH MUSTARD SAUCE - THYME FOR COOKING
BAKED HAM WITH MAPLE CARAMELIZED ONIONS & MUSTARD …
10 BEST MUSTARD SAUCE HAM RECIPES | YUMMLY
BROWN SUGAR MUSTARD BAKED HAM - A SOUTHERN SOUL
HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE FOR HAM | HILDA'S KITCHEN BLOG
BEST MUSTARD SAUCE - FOR BAKED HAM · THYME FOR COOKING
BAKED HAM WITH BROWN SUGAR MUSTARD GLAZE RECIPE
4.3/5 (39)Total Time 4 hrs 15 minsCategory Dinner, EntreeCalories 1372 per serving
BAKED HAM WITH SWEET BOURBON-MUSTARD GLAZE RECIPE
BAKED GLAZED HAM - RECIPE FOR MUSTARD AND BROWN SUGAR GLAZED …
COLA AND MUSTARD GLAZED HAM - SOULFULLY MADE
MUSTARD HAM STEAK - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
HONEY MUSTARD BAKED HAM - THE PERFECT TANGY HOLIDAY HAM RECIPE!
ROASTED FRESH HAM WITH MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE | TRAEGER GRILLS
MUSTARD SAUCE FOR BAKED HAM - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
BAKED HAM WITH BROWN SUGAR-MUSTARD GLAZE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
DELICIOUS HOMEMADE MUSTARD SAUCE | ALEXANDRA'S KITCHEN
BAKED HAM WITH MUSTARD SAUCE; HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH?
BAKED HAM WITH BROWN SUGAR MUSTARD GLAZE - THE LEMON BOWL®
BAKED HAM WITH MUSTARD AND BROWN SUGAR | PYREX
BAKED HAM WITH BROWN SUGAR AND MUSTARD GLAZE
BAKED HAM WITH MUSTARD-PEACH GLAZE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BROWN SUGAR MUSTARD GLAZED HAM RECIPE - CAFE DELITES
ROSEMARY & MUSTARD CRUSTED BAKED HAM - I BREATHE I'M HUNGRY
DIJON MUSTARD GLAZED HAM | FRENCH'S - MCCORMICK
HOMEMADE HAM WITH BROWN SUGAR MUSTARD GLAZE - GARLIC & ZEST
OVEN-BAKED SPIRAL HAM WITH RASPBERRY MUSTARD GLAZE
BAKED HAM SANDWICHES MUSTARD SAUCE - THERESCIPES.INFO
RECIPE FOR GLAZED BAKED HAM - THERESCIPES.INFO
BAKED HAM WITH THE BEST GLAZE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
You'll also love