TOFU WITH CILANTRO SAUCE
This dish, which can be served as a light entree or side dish, develops real zest from a sauce made with fresh cilantro and ginger root.
Provided by BerrySweet
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cut the tofu into 4 thick slices. Place slices in a pot containing 3 cups cold water and the salt. Soak for 30 minutes, then slowly bring it almost to a boil, and cook without boiling for 5 minutes.
- While tofu is heating, prepare the sauce. Heat the canola oil in a skillet and add the ginger. Stir-fry for 1 minute, then add the cilantro, soy sauce and sugar. Cook for 1 minute over high heat.
- Remove tofu from heat, drain, carefully transfer to a warm serving dish, and spoon sauce over it.
- Suggested serving: Brown rice and steamed veggies.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 158.7, Fat 11.8, SaturatedFat 1.5, Sodium 2263.6, Carbohydrate 5.3, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 3.1, Protein 10.4
TOFU WITH GINGER-CILANTRO SAUCE
A quick vegan main that will satisfy meat eaters too. Brushed with a zesty cilantro, jalapeno, ginger, and lime sauce this tofu just needs a short stint on the grill. This recipe comes from Martha Stewart's Grilling: 125+ Recipes for Gatherings Large and Small.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat grill to medium. In a food processor, combine cilantro, 1/4 cup oil, jalapeno, ginger, lime juice, and scallions. Blend until smooth; season with salt and pepper.
- Brush tofu with remaining 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Lightly brush grates with oil. Grill tofu, turning halfway through, until charred in spots, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from grill and brush with ginger-cilantro sauce. Serve with remaining sauce on the side.
PAN FRIED TOFU WITH SPICY GINGER SOUP
- To prepare the soup, in a saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the vegetable broth, ginger, sugar, rice vinegar, soy sauce, oyster sauce and sambal. Allow to simmer 15 minutes to mingle the flavors.
- To prepare the tofu steaks, cut the tofu block lengthwise, then cut in half to make 4 slabs. Lay several layers of paper towels on a cutting board then place the tofu, side by side, on top. Cover the steaks with more paper towels and press down to drain out some of the water in the curd (making it denser and hold together better when cooked.) Combine the bread crumbs, cayenne, paprika, salt and pepper. Dip each piece of tofu into the beaten eggs then dredge in the seasoned bread crumbs to coat. Heat peanut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the tofu steaks 4 minutes each side. Remove to a platter lined with fresh paper towels. Add sesame oil to the skillet, stir-fry the ginger and garlic with the chili for 2 minutes to build a base flavor. Add the broccoli and saute 3 minutes until it begins to soften, season with salt and pepper. Divide the udon noodles and spicy broth among 4 bowls. Add the broccoli then lay a piece of tofu on top. Garnish with a sprinkle of green onions, cilantro, and peanuts before serving.
GINGER, MISO AND CILANTRO SAUCE
- Heat oil in heavy small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and ginger and sauté 2 minutes. Add broth, orange juice concentrate and vinegar. Boil until mixture is reduced to 3/4 cup, about 6 minutes. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Return to boil before continuing.) Stir in miso and cilantro. Simmer 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
EASY SPICY TOFU WITH APRICOT-GINGER DIPPING SAUCE
This recipe for baked tofu is tossed in cornstarch and ground chipotle chile pepper to create a spicy crust on the outside. While the tofu bakes, a simple sweet and spicy sauce of ginger and apricot is made to help compliment the heat. Serve it as an appetizer or as a quick healthy lunch.
Provided by Chef Mo
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Slice tofu into thirds lengthwise so you have 3 even slabs. Stack the slabs on top of each other and slice through them lengthwise to make 3 even columns, then slice across to make 5 even rows.
- Lay tofu evenly on a plate lined with a couple of sheets of paper towels. Layer more paper towel on top of the tofu and place another plate on top of the stack. Press out as much water as possible and let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Transfer pressed tofu to a mixing bowl and drizzle with sesame oil. Lightly toss to combine. Sprinkle with cornstarch and ground chipotle chile pepper. Toss tofu until it is evenly coated with cornstarch and arrange in one layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake tofu in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Flip and continue baking until tofu is crisp, about 10 minutes more. Transfer tofu to a wire rack using a spatula; cool.
- While tofu bakes, combine apricot preserves, vegetable broth, ginger paste, garlic, and red pepper in a small saucepan over low heat. Heat and stir sauce until warmed and well combined, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Serve tofu with warm dipping sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 581 calories, Carbohydrate 70 g, Fat 27.4 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 23.7 g, SaturatedFat 3.3 g, Sodium 82.3 mg, Sugar 36.1 g
GARLIC GINGER TOFU
- Heat oil in a wok or skillet over medium heat. Stir in garlic and ginger, and cook for 1 minute. Add tofu to the pan with tamari, and stir to coat. Cover, and continue cooking for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Squeeze lime juice over tofu before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 216.4 calories, Carbohydrate 6.2 g, Fat 15.2 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 18.3 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 141.9 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
TOFU AND BOK CHOY WITH GINGER-TAHINI SAUCE
This simple dish showcases the uniquely silky texture of soft tofu. The tofu is steamed on top of a layer of bok choy, eliminating the need for a formal steamer and making this meal a cinch to prepare. (Napa or savoy cabbage leaves would also make a nice bed for the tofu.) Once steamed, the warm, mild tofu soaks in all of the bright flavors of a tangy and creamy tahini sauce that's spiked with aromatic ginger and fragrant herbs. For a heftier meal, either double the tofu or serve with a side of rice. To get vegetarian recipes like this one delivered to your inbox, sign up for The Veggie newsletter.
Provided by Kay Chun
Yield 4 Servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large skillet with a lid, arrange bok choy in an even layer to cover the bottom of the pan, and season with salt and pepper. Nestle the tofu pieces on top of or in between the bok choy, depending on the depth of your pan. Add ½ cup of water to the skillet and bring to a boil over high heat. Cover securely to prevent steam from escaping, reduce heat to medium and steam until bok choy is tender and tofu is warm throughout, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine tahini, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic, scallions, cilantro and 1 tablespoon of water. Whisk until well blended, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a spatula or large slotted spoon, transfer bok choy and tofu to 4 serving plates. (Discard any remaining water in the skillet.) Spoon some of the sauce over the tofu and garnish with scallions, cilantro and sesame seeds. Serve warm.
TOFU IN LIME GINGER SAUCE
I am often swayed into purchasing those Tofu and sauce combos at the supermarket and finally decided that the bold, sassy sauce/dressing packaged with the tofu is really all that I need to make this dish at home. This recipe from mealsforyou.com
Provided by northernmom
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a blender or food processor. Process until smooth, adding a little water if necessary.
- Add next 4 ingredients and mix thoroughly. Transfer mixture to a shallow dish.
- Add tofu and toss to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Spread enough marinade to cover bottom of a large, heavy nonstick skillet. Add tofu to skillet. Spread remaining marinade over tofu. Cover skillet tightly and cook over medium low heat 15 minutes until tofu is cooked throughout.
More about "tofu with ginger cilantro sauce recipes"
TOFU WITH CILANTRO SAUCE | RECIPES | DR. WEIL'S HEALTHY …
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
GRILLED TOFU WITH GINGER-CILANTRO SAUCE - THE WASHINGTON …
4/5 (3)Servings 4Is Accessible For Free TrueCalories 290 per serving
GINGER-GARLIC TOFU RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
CRISPY BAKED TOFU WITH GINGER SOY SAUCE - HEALTHY …
CANTONESE-STYLE STEAMED TOFU WITH GINGER & SCALLIONS
BAKED TOFU WITH GINGER CILANTRO PESTO – ALBERTA CO-OP
ORANGE AND GINGER GLAZED TOFU - CILANTRO AND CITRONELLA
CRISPY TOFU SANDWICHES WITH GINGER PEANUT SAUCE RECIPE
TOFU WITH GINGER-CILANTRO SAUCE RECIPE
TOFU WITH GINGER-CILANTRO SAUCE RECIPE
TOFU WITH GINGER-CILANTRO SAUCE | PUNCHFORK
BROILED TOFU WITH CILANTRO-GINGER SAUCE - DELICIOUS LIVING
CRISPY GARLIC GINGER TOFU WITH CILANTRO LIME SAUCE - COOL BEANS
TOFU WITH GINGER-CILANTRO SAUCE - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
TOFU WITH GINGER-CILANTRO SAUCE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
TOFU WITH GINGER-CILANTRO SAUCE | CHRISTINE LEMOYNE | COPY ME THAT
GINGER SESAME TOFU - CILANTRO PARSLEY
TOFU AND VEGETABLE STIR-FRY WITH GINGER | RICARDO
TOFU-AVOCADO BOWL WITH CILANTRO-GINGER CASHEW SAUCE
BAKED TOFU GINGER VEGETABLES | COOKING ON THE WEEKENDS
TOFU WITH GINGER-CILANTRO SAUCE RECIPE | RECIPE | MARINATED TOFU, …
TOFU WITH CILANTRO SAUCE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
TOFU STIR FRY WITH SOY SAUCE, GARLIC AND GINGER - POSH JOURNAL
TOFU IN COCONUT SAUCE WITH GINGER AND LEMONGRASS - PINCH MY SALT
THE BEST CRISPY TOFU WITH HONEY GINGER SAUCE - TASTES OF THYME
TOFU IN GINGER SOY SAUCE - THE LAZY BROCCOLI
ASIAN TOFU STIR FRY WITH CILANTRO SAUCE ~ MAGNA WELLNESS
TOFU WITH GINGER-CILANTRO SAUCE RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
NOUCUISINE • CREAMY CILANTRO GINGER TOFU RECIPE BY MUNMAY
BEST EVER MARINATED TOFU RECIPE - PLANT-BASED ON A BUDGET
TOFU WITH GINGER-CILANTRO SAUCE RECIPE | RECIPE | TOFU, GRILLED TOFU ...
TOFU WITH PEANUT GINGER SAUCE RECIPE | V FOR VEGGY
GRILLED TOFU WITH GINGER-CILANTRO SAUCE | RECIPE | GRILLED TOFU, TOFU ...
GINGER, MISO AND CILANTRO SAUCE RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
SCALLION AND GINGER TOFU - CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
COLD TOFU WITH BONITO FLAKES - GINGER AND CILANTRO
TOFU WITH ROASTED GARDEN VEGETABLES AND CILANTRO DRESSING
TOFU IN COCONUT SAUCE WITH GINGER AND LEMONGRASS
SESAME GINGER TOFU AND VEGGIE STIR FRY RECIPE - LITTLE SPICE JAR
You'll also love