TUSCAN ARTICHOKE & SPINACH STRUDEL
Strudels originated in Austria and often boast sweet flavors. This one is savory with Tuscan influences of tomatoes, mushrooms and pesto. -Jeanne Holt, Mendota Heights, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms and tomatoes in 2 teaspoons oil from sun-dried tomatoes until mushrooms are tender. Cool to room temperature., Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine spinach, pesto, pepper and, if desired, pepper flakes. Add artichokes, mozzarella cheese, 5 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and mushroom mixture; mix well., Unroll crescent dough onto a lightly greased baking sheet into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Roll out into a 14x9-in. rectangle. , Spread filling in a 3-in.-wide strip down center of rectangle. On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips to within 1/2 in. of filling. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling. Whisk egg and remaining oil; brush over dough. Sprinkle with walnuts. , Bake 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese; bake 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before cutting into 12 slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 353 calories, Fat 23g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 53mg cholesterol, Sodium 616mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 15g protein.
SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE DIP (ITALIAN STYLE)
- heat oil and butter over medium heat.
- add onion, mushrooms herbs, garlic and spices, sautee until browned and tender.
- add artichoke, break into small pcs while browning.
- add spinach.
- continue to stir and cook until all moisture is absorbed and mixture appears to be dry.
- add ricotta, mix well.
- add parmesian, mix well.
- create desired consistancey by adding cream or more parmesian.
- salt to taste (needs quite a bit).
- serve on crackers or chips.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 317, Fat 22.3, SaturatedFat 11.8, Cholesterol 60.5, Sodium 444.9, Carbohydrate 16.6, Fiber 5.8, Sugar 2.8, Protein 16
ARTICHOKE AND SPINACH STUFFED SHELLS
I love cooking with leftovers, and this artichoke and spinach stuffed shells recipe is a perfect example of why. There's something very satisfying about turning a dish of tired leftovers into a vibrant new creation.
Provided by Chef John
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine spinach artichoke dip and ricotta cheese in a bowl. Stir in egg, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper; mix until well-combined. Set aside.
- Bring white sauce to a simmer over medium-low heat. Stir in grated Gruyere cheese until cheese is melted and incorporated into sauce, 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a boil. Stir in shells and return to a boil. Cook pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, but still firm to the bite, about 11 minutes; drain. Set aside.
- Pour half the white sauce mixture into the bottom of a 9x13-inch casserole dish; spread evenly.
- Stuff pasta shells with the spinach artichoke mixture and place in casserole dish atop the white sauce, stuffed-side up.
- Pour remaining white sauce over the tops of the shells and sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and bubbling, about 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 660 calories, Carbohydrate 54 g, Cholesterol 100 mg, Fat 40.5 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 22.1 g, SaturatedFat 15.4 g, Sodium 1194 mg, Sugar 2.3 g
ARTICHOKE & CHEESE STRUDEL
Your friends will love you for making these artichoke appetizers! They are worth the effort. Great do ahead recipe, they freeze well I like to use 1 6oz jar in oil and 2 6oz jars in water or you may substitute 1 10 oz can for 2 6 oz jars. it works even if you are 2 oz short. Be sure to drain extremly well or the filling will be mushy
Provided by Bergy
Yield 30 appetizers
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a skillet and saute the onions until soft do not brown.
- add garlic, stir.
- Beat cream cheese and the cottage cheese until well mixed.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add garlic salt, parsley, tarragon & pepper.
- Beat to mix well.
- Add onions and any left over butter drippings.
- Add artichokes, parmesan & cracker crumbs, stir.
- Lay out the filo sheets & brush with melted butter, stack 5 sheets (you'll end up with 3 rolls).
- Put 1/3 mix on one end of each stack & roll up tucking edges of sheets around the filling.
- Using a very sharp knife cut each roll into 10 pieces. If you are going to freeze the rolls leave the cut pieces together still forming the roll, wrap in plastic wrap and then foil & Freeze. Defrost before baking
- When you are ready to bake them preheat oven to 350F Separate the rolls into the pieces , lay cut side up on a lightly gresed cookie sheet Bake for 20-30 minutes or until nicely browned Serve warm
SPINATSTRUDEL (SPINACH STRUDEL)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix spinach, Parmesan cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, shallots, 1 egg, garlic, salt, black pepper, and nutmeg together in a bowl until filling is well-mixed.
- Roll puff pastry onto a clean work surface, a little thinner at the edges. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Spoon the filling down the middle length of the pastry sheet. Crack 1 egg into a cup but do not beat it. Brush the edges of the puff pastry with egg white and close the pastry around the filling. Close the ends of the roll and carefully turn it over so the seam is on the bottom.
- Beat what remains of the egg; brush over the top of puff pastry and cut a few slits in the pastry.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the strudel is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 620.1 calories, Carbohydrate 44.1 g, Cholesterol 85 mg, Fat 41.8 g, Fiber 2.8 g, Protein 18.4 g, SaturatedFat 13.8 g, Sodium 941.5 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
More about "tuscan artichoke and spinach strudel recipes"
ARTICHOKE AND SUNDRIED TOMATO STRUDEL - SEASONED KITCHEN
SPINACH, SWISS CHARD AND JERUSALEM ARTICHOKE STRUDEL
SPINACH CORN DIP - THERESCIPES.INFO
TUSCAN CHICKEN WITH SPINACH, TOMATOES AND ARTICHOKES
PASTA WITH ARTICHOKES AND SPINACH RECIPE - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
40+ BEST SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE RECIPES–DELISH.COM
15 MINUTE TUSCAN BEANS WITH ARTICHOKES AND SPINACH
TUSCAN ARTICHOKE & SPINACH STRUDEL | CB | COPY ME THAT
HEDLUND HOME COOKING: TUSCAN ARTICHOKE AND SPINACH …
TUSCAN ARTICHOKE & SPINACH STRUDEL RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
TUSCAN ARTICHOKE & SPINACH STRUDEL - VISUALIZATION WOMAN
SPINACH ARTICHOKE TORTELLINI SALAD - LIVE WELL BAKE OFTEN
DUTCH OVEN SPINACH ARTICHOKE LASAGNA - MOM'S DINNER
TUSCAN ARTICHOKE AND SPINACH STRUDEL - PINTEREST
TUSCAN ARTICHOKE & SPINACH STRUDEL RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE …
TUSCAN ARTICHOKE & SPINACH STRUDEL | RECIPE | STRUDEL RECIPES, …
TUSCAN ARTICHOKE & SPINACH STRUDEL | RECIPE | STRUDEL RECIPES, …
45 SUPER SIMPLE TUSCAN RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
TUSCAN ARTICHOKE SALAD – A SIMPLE PALATE
CREAMY TUSCAN CHICKEN WITH SPINACH AND ARTICHOKES
SPINACH-ARTICHOKE STUFFED SHELLS RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
TUSCAN ARTICHOKE AND SPINACH STRUDEL | FOOD, COOKING RECIPES, …
ITALIAN SPINACH-ARTICHOKE CROSTINI - TEATIME MAGAZINE
ITALIAN RAVIOLI WITH SPINACH, ARTICHOKES, CAPERS, SUN-DRIED TOMATOES
SWISS SPINACH STRUDEL RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
ITALIAN SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP - MELISSASSOUTHERNSTYLEKITCHEN.COM
BEEF, SPINACH AND MUSHROOM STRUDEL - BAKE.EAT.REPEAT. | RECIPE ...
TUSCAN-STYLE SAUTéED SPINACH RECIPE - NANCY HARMON JENKINS
STUFFED PATTY PAN SQUASH FOR DINNER | JOVINA COOKS
TUSCAN ARTICHOKE AND SPINACH STRUDEL | RECIPES, FOOD, COOKING …
You'll also love