THE BEST BEEF TRI-TIP
I received a food wish for roast beef recently, which can be done with many different cuts. I ended up deciding on beef tri-tip, since it's affordable, flavorful, great for parties, and, using this low-temp roasting technique, nearly fool-proof. No marinating, no searing, no nothing; just rub on some salt and spices and pop it into the oven until it reaches the doneness you want. Plate it up with a Romano bean salad or enjoy as a roast beef sandwich!
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C).
- Mix salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne, dried rosemary, and fresh rosemary together in a small bowl.
- Place tri-tip in a baking pan. Season generously with the spice rub until both sides are completely covered.
- Bake in the preheated oven until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 130 degrees F (54 degrees C) for medium-rare, or until desired doneness, 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Flip meat over halfway.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and let meat rest for 20 minutes. Remove tri-tip to a cutting board and cut into 2 pieces along where the grain changes direction. Slice meat across the grain and transfer to serving plates.
- Mix beef broth in with the pan drippings and drizzle over the slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 273.9 calories, Carbohydrate 1.4 g, Cholesterol 131.7 mg, Fat 11.8 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 38.4 g, SaturatedFat 4.3 g, Sodium 1539.7 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
ULTIMATE TRI-TIP ROAST
This is soooo Mmmmm good! Too hot to cook? Fire up the BBQ or grill, make a tossed green salad, and grilled garlic bread to accompany - serve to ice cold beer & you've got it made! Note: From Russ Parsons - Food and Drink - a weekly guide. Originally published June 29, 2005. Oak chips are available at Barbecues Galore stores & Walmarts (LOL).
Provided by Busters friend
Categories Roast Beef
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a blender, grind the garlic, oil, salt and black peppercorns to a coarse paste.
- Pat the tri-tip dry with a paper towel and score the fat layer with a sharp knife, cutting through the fat, but not through the meat.
- Place the meat in a sealable plastic bag, scrape in the garlic paste, press out the air and seal tightly. Massage the meat with the garlic paste until it is evenly coated. Set aside at room temperature for at least 1 hour. If you are going to marinate more than 2 hours, refrigerate the meat but remove it 1 hour before cooking to allow it to come to room temperature.
- About 1 hour before serving, start a fire on the grill using 1 chimney full of charcoal briquettes, about 50. Put one-fourth pound of oak or hickory chips in a bowl and cover them with water. Place an inverted plate on top of the chips to keep them submerged. When the flames have subsided and the coals are covered with white ash, dump the chimney into a mound on one side of the grill. Drain the wood chips and scatter them across the top of the coals.
- Sear the fat side of the tri-tip, cooking directly over the flames with the grill lid off. This will only take 3 or 4 minutes. Don't worry if there is a little char; that is almost necessary in order to get a good crust. When the fat side is seared, turn the tri-tip and sear the lean side directly over the coals. This will take another 3 or 4 minutes; again, don't worry about a little char.
- When the lean side is seared, move the tri-tip to the cool side of the grill and replace the lid, with the vents open. Cook to the desired doneness, checking the temperature of the meat every 4 or 5 minutes. It will take 20 to 25 minutes for 125 degrees, which is on the rare side of medium-rare, 25 to 30 minutes for 135 degrees (on the medium side). Cooking times will vary according to the type of grill and temperature of the fire.
- Remove the roast to a platter and set aside for 10 minutes to finish cooking and for the juices to settle. Carve the tri-tip fairly thinly (at most one-fourth-inch thick), against the grain and with the knife held at an angle to give wide slices. Spoon the carving juices over the meat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 127.2, Fat 13.7, SaturatedFat 1.8, Sodium 2326.2, Carbohydrate 1.5, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 0.1, Protein 0.3
GRILLED TRI-TIP ROAST
- Prepare an outdoor grill for indirect heat, and lightly oil grate.
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and salt. Rub mixture all over the roast.
- Place the roast, fat side up on the hot grill with a pan underneath it to catch the drippings. Bake/roast for 4 to 6 hours, or until done. Check for doneness with a meat thermometer. Minimum temperature should be around 165 degrees F (78 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 494.9 calories, Carbohydrate 0.6 g, Cholesterol 152 mg, Fat 34.1 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 43.5 g, SaturatedFat 13.6 g, Sodium 411.2 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
GRILLED OR OVEN-ROASTED SANTA MARIA TRI-TIP
You might need to ask your butcher (assuming you have one) or even a store meat manager to order in a tri-tip roast. Two pounds is a good size, but if you come across a larger one, by all means grab it as the extra meat makes amazing sandwiches. The trick is to carve the tri-tip against the grain, which can change directions in this cut. So before you rub it and roast it, take a look at the raw meat and see which direction the long strands of muscle fiber are running on each part of the roast. After the roast has been cooked, and it has rested for 15 minutes or so, slice the roast in two at the place where the fibers change direction. Carve each piece separately.
Provided by Kim Severson
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 2
- Trim silver skin. The meat may have a thick layer of fat, some of which can be sliced off, but keep a good amount to help baste meat.
- Sprinkle meat with rub and massage lightly all over. Cover and refrigerate at least an hour or as long as overnight. Remove from refrigerator an hour before cooking.
- Prepare charcoal grill or heat a gas grill to high. Place roast on grill and sear one side well, 6 to 8 minutes, checking for flare-ups. Turn the roast and sear other side for about the same time. Then lower gas to medium-high or move the meat to a cooler part of the charcoal grill.
- Turn meat again and cook another 8 to 10 minutes. Flip and cook again. A 2-pound roast will require about 20 to 25 minutes total cooking time. The roast is ready when an instant-read thermometer reaches 130 degrees when inserted into the thickest part of the meat.
- Rest roast on a cutting board 10 to 20 minutes. Slice against the grain. The roast is shaped like a boomerang, so either cut it in half at the center of the angle, or slice against the grain on one side, turn the roast and slice against the grain on the other side.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 158, UnsaturatedFat 5 grams, Carbohydrate 0 grams, Fat 9 grams, Protein 19 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 47 milligrams, TransFat 0 grams
TRI TIP ROAST
- Rub roast all over with thyme, basil, marjoram, mustard, salt, and black pepper. Place meat in a sealable plastic bag, seal the bag, and refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight. Pour red wine into bag with meat 4 hours before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Drizzle olive oil all over the bottom of a roasting pan.
- Place meat in the prepared roasting pan.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and continue roasting meat until hot and slightly pink in the center, 20 to 25 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C). Let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 372.4 calories, Carbohydrate 1.2 g, Cholesterol 158.1 mg, Fat 17.7 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 45.9 g, SaturatedFat 5.6 g, Sodium 99.6 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
More about "ultimate tri tip roast recipes"
10 BEST ROAST TRI TIP ROAST RECIPES - YUMMLY
ULTIMATE TRI-TIP RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
PERFECTLY OVEN-ROASTED TRI TIP STEAK (EASY RECIPE)
THE BEST TRI-TIP ROAST IN THE OVEN AND HOW TO MAKE IT
THE BEST ROAST TRI TIP - THE ROASTED ROOT
ULTIMATE TRI-TIP - RECIPES LIST
3 WAYS TO COOK A TRI-TIP ROAST FOR THE MOST SUCCULENT …
TOP 10 BEEF TRI-TIP RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
ULTIMATE TRI TIP • GRILLAX
Category BeefTotal Time 9 hrs 30 minsEstimated Reading Time 1 min
TRI-TIP ROAST | TRAEGER GRILLS
THE ULTIMATE PERFECTLY COOKED SIRLOIN TIP ROAST - THOMASON RANCH
11 BEST LEFTOVER TRI-TIP RECIPES - THEONLINEGRILL.COM
4-INGREDIENT SLOW COOKER TRI-TIP ROAST - BORROWED BITES
ULTIMATE TRI-TIP ROAST RECIPE - FOOD.COM
PIONEER WOMAN'S TRI-TIP ROAST - HALF-SCRATCHED
10 BEST ROAST TRI TIP ROAST RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY TRI-TIP (OVEN OR BBQ) RECIPE [VIDEO] - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
TRI-TIP BEEF ROAST WITH SHALLOT JUS RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
HOW TO COOK A TRI-TIP ROAST IN THE OVEN - SAVOR THE BEST
350 TRI TIP ROAST RECIPES IDEAS | TRI TIP, ROAST RECIPES, RECIPES
BEEF TRI TIP RECIPES | TRAEGER GRILLS
ROTISSERIE TRI-TIP ROAST RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
JUICY OVEN TRI-TIP ROAST - AMANDA COOKS & STYLES
COOKING TRI TIP ROASTS: 5-INGREDIENT RECIPE - MEATHACKER
ULTIMATE TRI-TIP ROAST RECIPE - FOOD.COM
ULTIMATE TRI-TIP GRILL BOX – HAT BRAND BEEF
BBQ TRITIP RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS.COM
TRI TIP CROCK POT - EVERYDAY FAMILY COOKING
HOW TO MAKE A TRI-TIP ROAST - VIDEO | MYRECIPES
ULTIMATE TRI-TIP ROAST - THOMASON RANCH
THE BEST BBQ TRI TIP - HEY GRILL HEY
ROASTED TRI TIP - COOKING CLASSY
TRI TIP PELLET GRILL RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
DINNER TONIGHT! ULTIMATE TRI-TIP | DAILY DISH | LOS ANGELES TIMES
WHAT IS A TRI-TIP ROAST? A DEEP DIVE INTO THIS MAGNIFICENT CUT OF …
ULTIMATE TRI TIP: HOW TO GRILL TO PERFECTION • GRILLAX
SMOKED TRI TIP RECIPE - ULTIMATE GUIDE | GRILL BABY GRILL
BEST GRILLED TRI-TIP - HOW TO GRILL TRI-TIP
10 BEST WINE PAIRING WITH TRI-TIP (ULTIMATE GUIDE)
TRI-TIP ROAST | OKLAHOMA JOE'S®
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #5-ingredients-or-less #beef #american #barbecue #easy #dietary #meat #roast-beef #equipment #grilling
You'll also love