Basic Gelato Recipe...from my Italian mother-in-law. This recipe may be used as a base for your favorite flavors. Try adding vanilla, shaved chocolate or your favorite fruits. Experiment with desired flavors!
Provided by OSTAFF1
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In a medium saucepan, mix milk and cream. Warm until foam forms around the edges. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar until frothy. Gradually pour the warm milk into the egg yolks, whisking constantly. Return mixture to saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon until the mixture gels slightly and coats the back of the spoon. If small egg lumps begin to show, remove from heat immediately.
- Pour the mixture through a sieve or fine strainer into a bowl. Cover, and chill for several hours or overnight.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Transfer to a sealed container, and freeze until firm. If the gelato is too firm, place it in the refrigerator until it reaches the desired consistency.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 415.6 calories, Carbohydrate 33 g, Cholesterol 296.1 mg, Fat 28.8 g, Protein 7.9 g, SaturatedFat 16.8 g, Sodium 80.6 mg, Sugar 30.8 g
Italian-style coffee-flavored gelato. True gelato does not contain eggs and it will melt fairly quickly when removed from the cold. On the plus side, it's far lower in cholesterol than ice cream. It is recommended to eat when ready, but you can store for up to 3 days in an airtight container in the freezer.
Provided by jwinthrop
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Mix milk, cream, and sugar together in a large bowl. Refrigerate to let sugar dissolve.
- Brew the coffee grounds with water in a coffee maker or French press. Refrigerate coffee until completely cooled, at least 30 minutes.
- Beat milk mixture using an electric mixture until slightly thickened to the consistency of buttermilk. Stir coffee into milk mixture.
- Transfer milk-coffee mixture to an ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's instructions for making ice cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 283.6 calories, Carbohydrate 38.5 g, Cholesterol 45.7 mg, Fat 13.6 g, Protein 3.6 g, SaturatedFat 8.4 g, Sodium 50.6 mg, Sugar 36.1 g
BRIOCHE GELATO SANDWICH
- Mix together the yeast and water in a large bowl. Add in the sugar, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time until a bit frothy. Gently beat in the salt and flour, a cup at a time, mixing well. Transfer to a greased bowl, cover the dough and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Bring the dough back to room temperature. Meanwhile, prepare a baking sheet for baking with a thick coat of butter, or use parchment paper or a silicone mat if you prefer.
- When the dough is warm and soft, put it in the bowl of an electric mixer and start to add the softened butter in pieces. Add a bit of flour if it becomes too wet or sticky. It needs to form a dough ball.
- Put the dough on a lightly floured surface and separate in halves until you have 12 pieces patted into brioche shapes. Place onto the prepared pan. Cover with a warm cloth or leave in a warm place to rise for 2 or more hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake long enough for the rolls to rise, about 20 minutes. Then baste with heavy cream and finish baking until brown, another 10 minutes.
- Cool and cut in half.
- Place up to 2 flavors of gelato inside the halved brioche for the perfect gelato sandwich!
DEEPLY CHOCOLATE GELATO
- Heat the milk, cream and 1/2 cup of the sugar in a 2-quart saucepan until the sugar dissolves and the milk starts to simmer. Add the cocoa powder and chocolate and whisk until smooth. Pour into a heat-proof measuring cup.
- Place the egg yolks and the remaining 1/4 cup sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat on high speed for 3 to 5 minutes, until light yellow and very thick. With the mixer on low speed, slowly pour the hot chocolate mixture into the egg mixture. Pour the egg and chocolate mixture back into the 2-quart saucepan and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. A candy thermometer will register about 180 degrees F. Don't allow the mixture to boil!
- Pour the mixture through a sieve into a bowl and stir in the Kahlua, vanilla and salt. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the custard and chill completely.
- Pour the custard into the bowl of an ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturer's directions. Stir in the Baci if using and freeze in quart containers. Allow the gelato to thaw slightly before serving.
I love alcohol-flavored gelato because the alcohol cuts the richness of the dairy and also allows the gelato to get super-cold. But because alcohol doesn't freeze, if you add too much to the gelato it won't freeze at all. After making many versions with varying amounts of booze, we determined that the recipe below contains the maximum amount of alcohol that will freeze in a home ice cream maker. If it's still not boozy enough for you, do as I do: drizzle a few drops of bourbon over the top.
Yield makes 1 quart
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Fill a large bowl with ice water and set a smaller bowl inside. Set a fine-mesh strainer in the smaller bowl. Whisk the cornstarch and 1 cup of the milk together in a medium bowl until the cornstarch dissolves. Combine the sugar, milk powder, corn syrup, salt, and the remaining 3 cups of milk in a medium (4-quart) saucepan over high heat. Whisk to break up and dissolve the milk powder and heat the milk until it just begins to bubble. Turn off the heat and gradually add the milk and cornstarch mixture, whisking constantly. Return the heat to high and bring the milk back to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium high and cook, stirring constantly with the whisk, until the gelato base thickens slightly, 4 to 5 minutes. It will get viscous but will not thicken enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Pour the gelato base through the strainer into the bowl set over the ice water and set aside to cool to room temperature. Transfer the base to an airtight container and refrigerate for at least several hours and up to three days.
- Remove the base from the refrigerator, pour it into a large bowl, and stir in the cream and bourbon. Pour the base into the bowl of an ice cream or gelato maker and spin it according to the machine instructions. Serve the gelato straight from the maker or transfer it to an airtight container and place it in the freezer until you're ready to serve it. Serve the gelato within a few hours of spinning it, before it hardens.
UN GELATO BAROCCO
Yield makes 1 quart
Number Of Ingredients 7
- With a small, sharp knife, slit the beans and scoop out their seeds. Over a lively flame in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine vanilla seeds and pods, the cream and the sugar, bringing the mixture just to a simmer. Remove from the flame, cover the pot, and permit the vanilla to infuse the cream for an hour.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the candied peel, the candied ginger, the bittersweet chocolate, and the almonds. Combine them and set them aside. Strain the infused mixture, cover it with plastic wrap, and chill it for several hours or overnight.
- Transfer the mixture to your ice cream maker and freeze it-in two batches, if necessary-according to the instructions of the manufacturer, folding in the fruit and nut mixture at the point in the process recommended by the instructions.
More about "un gelato barocco recipes"
CLASSIC GELATO RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
HOW TO MAKE AUTHENTIC ITALIAN GELATO AT HOME - RECIPES FROM ITALY
5/5 (17)Total Time 1 hrCategory Dessert RecipesCalories 240 per serving
A TASTE OF SOUTHERN ITALY: DELICIOUS RECIPES AND A DASH OF CULTURE ...
Reviews 10Format HardcoverAuthor Marlena de Blasi
10 BEST GELATO FLAVORS RECIPES | YUMMLY
BLUEBERRY GELATO - A BAKER'S HOUSE
MARIO BATALI’S OLIVE OIL GELATO RECIPE (FROM OTTO)
77 GELATO RECIPE IDEAS | GELATO RECIPE, GELATO, FROZEN DESSERTS
GELATO RECIPES! CLASSIC & CONTEMPORARY GELATO AND ... - GELATO …
HOMEMADE TUSCAN GELATO: HOW TO - VISIT TUSCANY
BEST CLASSIC GELATO RECIPE AND SEVERAL VARIATIONS
THE BEST BANANA GELATO – HOMEMADE ITALIAN COOKING
BLUEBERRY GELATO - HOMEMADE ITALIAN COOKING
MY ELEVEN FAVORITE GELATO RECIPES FOR YOUR DESSERT TABLE
HOW TO MAKE PERFECT COFFEE GELATO - BIGGER BOLDER BAKING
SICILIAN GELATO-STYLE ICE CREAM – ICE CREAM NATION
THE EASIEST HOMEMADE GELATO (NO MACHINE, 3 FLAVORS!)
CUISINER UN GELATO MAISON - LE MUST
GELATO DI PARMIGIANO REGGIANO RECIPE - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
10 GELATO RECIPES IDEAS | GELATO RECIPE, GELATO, RECIPES
GELATO RECIPES - COOKING WITH NONNA
BAKED GELATO, WHY NOT? - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
HOW TO MAKE GELATO AT HOME | FEATURES | JAMIE OLIVER
CHOCOLATE GELATO | RICARDO
GOOD TASTE: DIY GELATO RECIPES TO BRIGHTEN YOUR HOLIDAYS - CLINIQUE
NINJA CREAMI DARKEST CHOCOLATE GELATO - THE ICE CREAM …
GELATO RECIPES | MYRECIPES
UN GELATO PER TE, BARCELONA - EL CONGRES I ELS INDIANS - UPDATED …
HOW TO MAKE REAL-DEAL ITALIAN GELATO AT HOME - SAVEUR
POWER CHOCOLATE GELATO | CALLEBAUT
CAPPUCCINO GELATO A NO CHURN COFFEE ICE CREAM - ALL OUR WAY
I DOLCI SICILIANI IN 450 RICETTE - SERVICE.AARMS.MATH.CA
AUTHENTIC HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE GELATO RECIPE - RECIPES FROM ITALY
HOW TO MAKE AUTHENTIC ITALIAN GELATO - 2022 - MASTERCLASS
FRUTTI DI BOSCO GELATO – AN ITALIAN ICE CREAM SPECIALTY
DARK CHOCOLATE GELATO RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
THE 10 BEST PLACES FOR GELATO IN ROME, ITALY - CULTURE TRIP
HOMEMADE BACIO GELATO (WITHOUT ICE CREAM MAKER) - SOLO-DOLCE
THREE RECIPES FROM GELUPO GELATO - A LITTLE BIRD
GELATO AL BACIO (CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT GELATO ... - THE NOURISHED …
EMPEROR OF ICE CREAM | EVERYTHING ICE CREAM
11 MOUTHWATERING & DELICIOUS GELATO RECIPES - DOOBA REVIEWS
MASCARPONE GELATO RECIPE - SAVORY SIMPLE
BISCOTTI GELATO AL COCCO #food #recipe #gelato #icecream #foodie #ricettafacile #icecreamrecipe3.7K views-00:16
Gelato Buzz - Recipe - Gelato Mont Blanc206 views-00:53
Torta caramello & gelato 🍎😋 Perfetto per le giornate caldissime #SHORTS4.7K views-00:40
Gelato alla Nutella - Ricetta Facile Senza Gelatiera - Solo 3 ingredienti - Senza Latte Condensato1.2K views-02:55
Crêpe bicolore con gelato 🍨😍 Una crêpe bicolore al doppio cioccolato al posto della coppetta #SHORTS5K views-00:30
Biscotto Gelato | gelato artigianale | torta gelato12K views-02:34
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the recipe for a gelato?Plain Gelato Base 1 2 cups (16floz/450ml) whole milk 2 4 large egg yolks , room temperature 3 ¾ cup (6oz/170g) granulated sugar 4 1 cup (8floz/225ml) heavy whipping cream (36%) 5 ¾ teaspoon salt 6 2 teaspoons vanilla extract More ...
What is authentic Italian gelato?Authentic Italian Gelato is a frozen creamy dessert made with milk, heavy cream and sugar. With or without eggs (depending on the taste), you can make dense creamy gelato at home, following a slow freezing/creaming process, usually with the help of an ice cream maker.
Can you make gelato with coffee and milk?Stir coffee into milk mixture. Transfer milk-coffee mixture to an ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's instructions for making ice cream. For a thicker gelato, use heavy whipping cream instead of light cream. For a lower fat gelato, use whole milk instead of the cream, for a total of 3 cups milk.
How to make gelato with an ice cream machine?You’re now ready to churn it into gelato. Start by passing it through a fine sieve. Blitz with a hand blender. Pour into your ice cream machine and churn until frozen. Scoop your freshly churned gelato into a container and cover with greaseproof paper and a tight fitting lid. Place in the freezer and consume within one month.