WIENER SCHNITZEL WITH PORK
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees while you prepare the three components of the breading. Sift flour into a shallow dish and whisk to combine with 1 teaspoon salt and the pepper. In another shallow dish, lightly beat eggs. In a third shallow dish, whisk to combine breadcrumbs and remaining teaspoon of salt. Dredge one cutlet at a time in the seasoned flour, turning to coat, and shaking off excess. Next dip in the eggs, again making sure to coat completely and to allow the excess to drip back into bowl. Then coat with breadcrumbs, patting firmly so they adhere but being careful not to coat too thickly. Place coated cutlets on piece of parchment paper or a large baking sheet.
- Heat 1/4 inch of oil in a large skillet over medium heat until it is 350 degrees. Working in batches to avoid crowding pan, cook cutlets until golden brown on the bottom, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip with a flexible thin spatula and fry until the other side is golden brown and cutlets are cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes more, monitoring temperature of oil to maintain 350 degrees. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with a double layer of paper towels and keep warm in the oven.
- Pour off and discard oil remaining in skillet, then wipe clean with paper towels. Working in batches again if necessary, melt the butter in the same skillet over medium heat until sizzling. Set pan-fried cutlets in the pan to coat one side with butter, then quickly flip to coat the other side.
- Arrange the cutlets on a platter, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
- Place each veal cutlet between two pieces of plastic wrap, and pound with the flat side of a meat mallet until about 1/4 inch thick. Dip in flour to coat.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the Parmesan cheese, eggs, parsley, salt, pepper, nutmeg and milk. Place bread crumbs on a plate. Dip each cutlet into the egg mixture, then press in the bread crumbs to coat. Place coated cutlets on a plate and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the breaded cutlets until browned on each side, about 3 minutes per side. Remove to a serving platter, and pour the pan juices over them. Garnish with lemon slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 514.5 calories, Carbohydrate 33.7 g, Cholesterol 229.6 mg, Fat 29.1 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 29.1 g, SaturatedFat 15.5 g, Sodium 781.7 mg, Sugar 2.4 g
- Cover work surface with a sheet of waxed paper. Arrange cutlets with a few inches between them on paper. Top work surface with a second sheet of waxed paper. Pound cutlets out to 1/4-inch thick using the bottom of small heavy skillet or a rubber mallet.
- Heat a large skillet over moderate heat.
- Set veal aside and set up 3 disposable pie tins and a plate in a row. Place flour in 1 disposable tin and season with salt and pepper. In the second disposable tin, beat eggs with a drizzle of oil and season with salt. In the third disposable tin, pour out about 1 cup of cracker meal.
- Bread veal in flour. Coat the veal evenly with egg on both sides. Gently press veal into cracker meal and rest coated cutlets on a plate. Add a drizzle of oil and 1 1/2 tablespoons butter to the skillet.
- When butter foams, add 2 pieces of veal and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side until golden brown all over. Remove to a warm plate and grate a little nutmeg over hot schnitzel. Repeat with remaining 2 veal cutlets. Garnish veal with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
- Heat deep-fryer to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place meat on a solid, level surface and pound with a mallet until it is 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick.
- Place the flour and bread crumbs in separate dishes. Soup plates are useful. Lightly beat the eggs and add the milk. Lightly season with salt and pepper and put this into another soup plate.
- Coat the meat in flour, patting lightly by hand. Using a fork to hold the meat, dip into the egg mixture and drain slightly. Next, coat with the breadcrumbs by lightly pressing the crumbs into the meat. When each piece of meat has been prepared, deep fry in cooking oil until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 541.8 calories, Carbohydrate 45.1 g, Cholesterol 130.5 mg, Fat 25 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 31.9 g, SaturatedFat 5.1 g, Sodium 333.1 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Pound the veal cutlets to an even, approximately 1/8-inch thickness, or have your butcher do this for you. In a dish, sprinkle the cutlets with lemon juice and let stand for 30 minutes. Season both sides with salt. Place the flour on a flat plate, and place the egg/water mixture in a wide, shallow bowl. Add the oil to the egg mixture and beat in with a fork. Spread the bread crumbs on a large plate. Dip the cutlets lightly into the flour, making sure to coat all surfaces, then gently shake off the excess flour. Dip the cutlets into the egg mixture, letting the excess drip away, and then dredge them in the bread crumbs. Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes. Heat your largest, heavy skillets over medium-high heat and add the butter. When the butter is quite hot and the foam starts to subside, add the veal (cook in batches if necessary - but don't crowd them in the pan). If the butter browns too much after cooking the first batch, you may need to discard it, wipe out the pan, and add more butter for the next batch. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes on each side, until golden brown, and turn with a spatula (don't use a fork or tongs, or the breading may be pierced). When the second side is golden, the schnitzels should be cooked through. Transfer to a warm platter and keep warm in a 250 degree oven while you cook the second batch, if necessary.
More about "vienna schnitzel recipes"
WIENER SCHNITZEL RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
3.7/5 (27)Estimated Reading Time 1 minServings 4
- Line a large baking sheet with a double layer of paper towels. Whisk flour and 1 tsp. salt in a wide shallow bowl. Lightly whisk eggs and cream in another wide shallow bowl until the yolks and whites are just streaky. Mix breadcrumbs and 2 tsp. salt in a third wide shallow bowl. Pound veal slices between sheets of plastic wrap to 1/8”–1/16” thickness, being careful not to tear. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Prop a dry-fry thermometer in a large deep skillet; pour in oil so that bulb is submerged. Heat oil over medium heat to 350°. Add butter to skillet and adjust heat to maintain 350°.
- Dredge 2 veal slices in flour mixture; shake off excess. Dip in egg. Turn to coat; shake off excess. Dredge in breadcrumbs, pressing to adhere; shake off excess. Transfer slices to skillet. Using a large spoon, carefully baste the top of the veal with the hot oil. Cook until breading puffs and starts to brown, about 1 minute. Turn and cook until browned, about 1 minute longer. Transfer to a paper towel-lined sheet. Repeat with remaining veal slices.
AUTHENTIC WIENER SCHNITZEL RECIPE
Ratings 463Calories 704 per servingCategory Dinner, Entree See details »
VIENNESE-STYLE PORK SCHNITZEL RECIPE | GET CRACKING
Servings 4Total Time 50 minsCategory DinnerCalories 1005 per serving See details »
RECIPE FOR WIENER SCHNITZEL HOW TO MAKE IT
Phone 080040020000 See details »
THE BEST JAGERSCHNITZEL (JäGERSCHNITZEL) MADE JUST LIKE OMA
See details »
AUTHENTIC GERMAN SCHNITZEL (SCHWEINESCHNITZEL) - THE ...
Ratings 103Calories 376 per servingCategory Main Course
- Place the pork chops between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound them until just 1/4 inch thick with the flat side of a meat tenderizer. Lightly season both sides with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the flour mixture, egg, and breadcrumbs in 3 separate shallow bowls. Dip the chops in the flour, the egg, and the breadcrumbs, coating both sides and all edges at each stage. Be careful not to press the breadcrumbs into the meat. Gently shake off the excess crumbs. Don't let the schnitzel sit in the coating or they will not be as crispy once fried - fry immediately.
- Make sure the cooking oil is hot enough at this point (about 330 degrees F) as you don't want the Schnitzel to sit around in the coating before frying. Use enough oil so that the Schnitzels "swim" in it.
- Fry the Schnitzel for about 2-3 minutes on both sides until a deep golden brown. Transfer briefly to a plate lined with paper towels.
EASY WIENER SCHNITZEL RECIPE WITH PORK TENDERLOIN
Calories 663Saturated Fat 14g 69%Cholesterol 225mg 75%Total Fat 38g 49%
- Cut pork tenderloin into six pieces crosswise. Place between sheets of plastic wrap, cut side down and pound until pieces are about 1/3" thick.
- Dip pork pieces into flour mixture and shake off excess. Then dip each piece into egg mixture, then place in bread crumbs, pressing to coat.
WIENER SCHNITZEL - AUSTRIAN RECIPES
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- irstly, the quality of the veal as well as a good crisp coating are decisive for the classic Wiener Schnitzel.
- Carefully beat the veal pieces with a meat mallet until they are only a few millimetres thick and make several small cuts at the ends.Season the meat on both sides with salt and pepper.To make the classic Viennese breadcrumb coating: arrange two flat plates and one deep plate next to each other.
- Put the flour and breadcrumbs in both flat plates and beat the eggs with a shot of milk well in the deep plate.Further, coat the meat in the flour and brush off any surplus.
BEST VIENNA SCHNITZEL RECIPE (AUSTRIAN VEAL SCHNITZEL ...
5/5 (4)Category Main CourseCuisine AustrianTotal Time 30 mins
- If your butcher has not done it for you, place the escalopes between some cling film and tenderise them until flat. You can use a meat tenderizer, or alternatively use a rolling pin.
AUTHENTIC WIENER SCHNITZEL RECIPE 🥩 MASALAHERB.COM
5/5 (3)Calories 245 per servingCategory Main Course
- Heat up a skillet with lard or butter. Wait for it to get hot but don't let it fume. Drop a tiny piece of bread crumbs into the skillet to check if the oil is hot enough and sizzling.
THE ORIGINAL WIENER SCHNITZEL - FIGLMÜLLER
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT WIENER SCHNITZEL | FOOD | THE …
Author Felicity CloakePublished 2014-05-28Estimated Reading Time 7 mins See details »
AUTHENTIC VIENNESE PORK SCHNITZEL - WITH VIDEO » LITTLE VIENNA
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins See details »
NATIONAL RECIPES: AUTHENTIC WIENER SCHNITZEL RECIPE ...
See details »
VIENNA SCHNITZEL | RECIPE | RECIPES, SCHNITZEL RECIPES ...
See details »
WIENER SCHNITZEL RECIPE TOP 3*** | THOMAS SIXT FOODBLOG
See details »
VIENNA SCHNITZEL RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
See details »
THE WIENER SCHNITZEL - VIENNESE RECIPE | VIENNA/NOW ...
See details »
RECIPE: VIENNA SCHNITZEL | THE GREAT RECIPES
See details »
VIENNA SCHNITZEL RECIPES
See details »
VIENNA SCHNITZEL POPULAR RECIPES - CHEF JOHN'S RECIPE
See details »
You'll also love