WARM MUSTARD POTATO SALAD
This is a truly great potato salad recipe. Everyone comments about how good it is whenever I make it. I found it in Taste of Home magazine and it is credited to Tiffany Mitchell.
Provided by Chris from Kansas
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water.
- Cover and bring to a boil; cook until tender, about 25 minutes.
- Drain thoroughly and cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Cut potatoes into chunks; place in a bowl.
- Add the mustard mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve warm.
WARM MUSTARD POTATO SALAD
This tangy mixture is wonderful and so different from traditional potato salads. The Dijon mustard and dill spark the flavor. It's a comforting and tasty side dish that's really simple to assemble.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil; cook until tender, about 25 minutes. Drain thoroughly and cool slightly. , Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients. Cut potatoes into chunks; place in a bowl. Add the mustard mixture and toss to coat. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 238 calories, Fat 18g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 8mg cholesterol, Sodium 396mg sodium, Carbohydrate 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
HERBED POTATO SALAD
- For the potato salad: Place the potatoes and whole garlic cloves in a large pot and cover by 2 inches with cold water. Season the water liberally with salt. Bring the potatoes to a simmer over medium heat and cook until fork-tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain the potatoes and garlic in a colander. Transfer to a sheet tray or cutting board. Gently press each potato and garlic clove to smash them and set them aside in a bowl, covering the bowl with aluminum foil to keep the potatoes warm.
- For the vinaigrette: In a large bowl, whisk together the shallots, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, honey, salt and a generous grinding of pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil to emulsify the vinaigrette.
- Add the warm potatoes to the vinaigrette and toss to combine. Add the parsley, dill and tarragon to the potatoes. Toss to coat, seasoning with additional lemon juice and salt to taste. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with the Fresno chile and chives. Serve at room temperature or keep covered in the refrigerator overnight, tossing again before serving.
HOT SMOOTH MUSTARD POTATO SALAD (LIKE MOM MADE)
I searched and didn't find the kind of potato salad I grew up on. My Mother always made mustard potato salad with the potatoes mashed and served warm. My family and I have carried this tradition on because it's what we like, I guess it just depends on what you grew up on!! The key to this recipe is making sure to keep the potatoes pretty dry when mashing because of adding the other liquids. This recipe will serve a lot..seems I just can't cook anything in small portions but I don't seem to have any trouble getting rid of it!!
Provided by Country Cook in Okl
Categories < 4 Hours
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Dice potatoes and cook until tender with skin on or off. Drain well. Mash potatoes with butter, milk, salt and pepper. Add only enough of the milk to keep potatoes stiff. Boil eggs and let cool. I boil mine while the potatoes are also boiling. When eggs are cool dice all but one of the eggs, cut the remaining one in half longways. I chop the pickles and onion while potatoes and eggs are cooking, I chop mine pretty fine. Add chopped onion and pickle to hot potato mixture. Add mustard, miracle whip,vinegar and just enough pickle juice to desired texture. Stir until well mixed.
- After potato salad is finished, put in a pretty bowl, place 1/2 of the yolk in the center of dish on top of the salad. Cut long narrow strips out of the white, place the strips next to the yolk so it looks like a sunburst. Sprinkle the paprika on top and serve hot,warm, or cold.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 133.4, Fat 3.5, SaturatedFat 1.4, Cholesterol 91.4, Sodium 331.7, Carbohydrate 20.7, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 2, Protein 5.2
MOMMA'S WARM POTATO SALAD
My friend's mom makes the absolute best potato salad. It is like a really good egg salad with potatoes in it.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl. Add the eggs, celery, onion and green pepper., In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients; add to potato mixture. Toss gently to coat. Serve warm. Cover and refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 291 calories, Fat 20g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 219mg cholesterol, Sodium 593mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
WARM POTATO SALAD RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: mini potato, olive oil, salt, pepper, eggs, walnuts, garlic, French's spicy brown mustard, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, honey, salt, olive oil, scallions, fresh basil leaf
Provided by Tayo Ola
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 425ºF (218 C).
- Spread potatoes out on a sheet tray. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and roll potatoes around so that they are all coated. Roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned and tender. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Use a fork to lightly crush half of the potatoes, then transfer all of them to a bowl. Set aside.
- Cut the eggs into quarters. Set aside.
- Roughly chop the walnuts. Add nuts to the bowl with the potatoes.
- Whisk together garlic, French's Spicy Brown Mustard, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, honey, salt, and olive oil. Pour dressing over potatoes and toss well.
- Fold in scallions and basil, reserving a little of each. Carefully fold in half of the eggs, then scatter the rest of the eggs on top along with the reserved scallions and basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 512 calories, Carbohydrate 49 grams, Fat 30 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 12 grams, Sugar 3 grams
WARM NEW POTATO SALAD WITH GRAINY MUSTARD
New potatoes are simply young spuds of any variety that haven't converted all their sugar to starch. We like them because they are small enough to be cooked whole and are excellent boiled or pan-roasted.
Yield Makes 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cover potatoes with water by 1 inch in a 3- to 4-quart saucepan, then bring to a boil with 1 teaspoon salt. Simmer, partially covered, until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes, then drain.
- Whisk together shallot, mustards, vinegar, pepper, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl, then add oil in a slow stream, whisking until emulsified.
- When potatoes are just cool enough to handle, halve them, then add to vinaigrette along with parsley and toss to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature.
MUSTARD POTATO SALAD RECIPE
- Prepare hard-boiled eggs using the desired method, peel, and set aside to cool.
- Wash potatoes and quarter.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil with a little bit of salt. Boil potatoes until very tender.
- Combine mayo, mustard, diced dill pickles, apple cider vinegar, sugar, celery seed, salt, and pepper.
- Mash potatoes with five of the hard-boiled eggs. Mix in dressing.
- Refrigerate and serve cold. Top with a sliced hard-boiled egg.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 329 calories, Carbohydrate 31 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 121 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 20 grams fat, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 8 grams protein, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, Sodium 444 grams sodium, Sugar 4 grams sugar, TransFat 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFat 15 grams unsaturated fat
WARM POTATO SALAD
- Scrub potatoes. Cook tiny potatoes whole in water to cover. Cube large potatoes, and cook the same way. The whole potatoes will take 10 to 20 minutes, depending on size; the cubed potatoes 7 to 10 minutes.
- Wash, trim, seed and dice the red peppers; mince the shallots.
- Wash, dry and mince the tarragon.
- Whisk vinegar, oil and mustard; stir in yogurt, red pepper, shallots and tarragon.
- When potatoes are cooked, drain; dice whole potatoes, and add to salad. Season with salt and black pepper.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 307, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 49 grams, Fat 9 grams, Fiber 9 grams, Protein 11 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 435 milligrams, Sugar 16 grams, TransFat 0 grams
WARM POTATO SALAD
- Place the potatoes in a pot with cold water and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer gently for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and place the potatoes on a serving platter.
- While potatoes are cooking, place the bacon in a skillet and saute until crisp. Remove the bacon, reserving 1 1/2 tablespoons of the bacon fat in the skillet. Place it over low heat and, using a wire whisk, make a roux by stirring in the flour and allowing it to cook for 5 minutes until thick and smooth. Remove from heat.
- In a saucepan, warm the chicken broth. Whisk in the roux. In a small bowl mix together the mustard, sugar, celery seed, cider vinegar, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add the mixture to the roux mixture and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until thickened slightly.
- Pour sauce over potatoes, sprinkle with reserved bacon and scallions, toss and serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 265, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 38 grams, Fat 9 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 8 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 938 milligrams, Sugar 7 grams, TransFat 0 grams
WARM HONEY-MUSTARD POTATO SALAD
Ready-to-use potato wedges are the time-saving start to this warm vegetable salad, coated with a glistening, ultra-easy blend of mustard and sweet honey.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In 2-quart microwavable casserole, place potatoes; cover. Microwave on High 3 to 5 minutes or until desired doneness. Cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix honey and mustard until well blended.
- Add remaining ingredients to potatoes in casserole. Pour honey mixture over salad; mix gently to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 60, Carbohydrate 13 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 2 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 160 mg, Sugar 8 g, TransFat 0 g
MUSTARD-VINAIGRETTE ROASTED POTATO SALAD
Skip the mayo and the dairy in an updated version of potato salad that's sure to be a hit at your next picnic. Serve it warm the day it's made, or let the flavors deepen in the refrigerator overnight.
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 450°F. In 13x9 pan, toss together potatoes, garlic, oil, salt and pepper. Roast uncovered about 30 minutes, stirring halfway through, until potatoes are golden and tender.
- In medium bowl, whisk together mustard, lemon juice and honey. Add roasted potatoes; including garlic, oil and parsley. Using a rubber spatula, stir mixture until potatoes are coated. Let stand 15 minutes to marinate before serving, or cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 Serving
More about "warm mustard potato salad recipes"
WARM MUSTARD POTATO SALAD · CHEF NOT REQUIRED...
Reviews 2Category Side DishCuisine Modern AustralianTotal Time 30 mins
- Bring the whole potatoes to the boil in a large saucepan with a good pinch of salt, and simmer for 10 mins - potatoes should be tender but not falling apart. Once cooked, drain and set aside to steam dry until cool enough (just) to handle - see notes.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat, and fry bacon for 2 - 3 mins then remove to a small bowl (leaving fat in the pan) and set aside.
- Turn the heat down to medium low. Add butter to pan, then leeks & fry for 4 - 5 minutes until leeks are soft. Depending on how much fat was left from your bacon, add the remaining olive oil to the pan if needed.
WARM MUSTARD POTATO SALAD | SOUTHERN LIVING
Total Time 1 hr
- Fill a bowl with ice water; set aside. Place potatoes, eggs, and 2 teaspoons of the salt in a large saucepan. Cover with 12 cups tap water; bring to a boil over medium-high. Boil, undisturbed, for 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer eggs to ice water. Continue boiling potatoes, undisturbed, until fork-tender, about 15 minutes. Drain potatoes well. Peel eggs; roughly chop. Set both aside.
- Place bacon in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet. Cook over medium, turning occasionally, until crispy, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels; reserve drippings in skillet. Cool 5 minutes; crumble.
- Add sugar, mustard, vinegar, cayenne, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt to drippings. Bring to a simmer over medium, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place potatoes, crumbled bacon, and parsley in a large bowl. Add sugar-mustard mixture, and toss to coat evenly. Stir in eggs; garnish with additional parsley. Serve immediately.
WARM POTATO SALAD - DAMN DELICIOUS
HOT GERMAN POTATO SALAD (VINEGAR POTATO SALAD) - FOODIECRUSH
HONEY MUSTARD WARM POTATO SALAD RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
WARM MUSTARD POTATO SALAD - CHEFSTEPS
WARM MUSTARD AND HERB FINGERLING POTATO SALAD - WHAT'S GABY …
WARM POTATO SALAD WITH MUSTARD DRESSING RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
EASY GRILLED POTATO SALAD (WITH WARM MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE)
BEST GERMAN POTATO SALAD RECIPE | A FARMGIRL'S DABBLES
EASY WARM POTATO SALAD WITH MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE - SUNSHINE AND …
12 WARM POTATO SALAD RECIPES FOR YOUR NEXT POTLUCK
WARM MUSTARD SEED POTATO SALAD - HONEST COOKING - RECIPES
WARM POTATO SALAD - A PRETTY LIFE IN THE SUBURBS
MUSTARD POTATO SALAD RECIPE - HEALTHY RECIPES 101
HONEY MUSTARD WARM POTATO SALAD - SPEND WITH PENNIES
BEST HOT GERMAN POTATO SALAD RECIPE - DELISH
WARM MUSTARD & HERB GERMAN STYLE POTATO SALAD - 4 SONS 'R' US
MUSTARD POTATO SALAD (HEALTHY & FLAVOR-PACKED) - THE …
WARM POTATO SALAD WITH BEER & MUSTARD DRESSING RECIPE
WARM MUSTARD POTATO SALAD - LEX EATS
POTATO SALAD WITH WARM BACON DRESSING - JUST A TASTE
GERMAN MUSTARD POTATO SALAD RECIPE - WHOLE LOTTA YUM
SOUTHERN-ISH POTATO SALAD - WSJ RECIPES
WARM POTATO SALAD WITH BACON-MUSTARD DRESSING RECIPE
SOUTHERN YELLOW POTATO SALAD RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
GREEK POTATO SALAD | FOODIECRUSH.COM
SMOKY MUSTARD POTATO SALAD RECIPE - HAPPY AS A YAM RECIPES
10 MUSTARD POTATO SALAD RECIPES TO PLEASE A CROWD
ROASTED POTATO SALAD WITH MUSTARD DRESSING RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SOUTHERN MUSTARD POTATO SALAD - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
10 BEST POTATO SALAD WITH MUSTARD AND MAYONNAISE RECIPES
BEST POTATO SALAD WITH MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE …
SIMPLE WARM POTATO SALAD WITH DIJON MUSTARD - CTV
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #low-protein #salads #potatoes #vegetables #potluck #picnic #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #healthy-2 #low-in-something #to-go
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make potato salad with mustard?This is a traditional potato salad recipe with mustard — mashed and made from scratch. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, place in a large mixing bowl, and beat until smooth. Meanwhile, place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water.
How do you make potato salad with mayonnaise?Combine mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, Dijon mustard, vinegar, cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper, and paprika in a large bowl. Add potatoes, red onion, and green onions; gently toss to combine.
What do you put on a baked potato salad?Directions. Combine mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, Dijon mustard, vinegar, cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper, and paprika in a large bowl. Add potatoes, red onion, and green onions; gently toss to combine.
How do you make a potato salad with paprika?Directions. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop. In a mixing bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, onion, celery, relish and pimentos. Blend together the mustard and salad dressing, add to salad and mix well. Sprinkle with paprika and refrigerate until chilled.