WATERCRESS, ROCKET, SWEET PEAR, WALNUT AND PARMESAN SALAD
Provided by Jamie Oliver
Number Of Ingredients 0
- What a pukka combination, simple and classy. Don't try to make this when you feel like it, make it when you can buy perfect pears, otherwise it will taste naff. For 1 person I normally use around 1/2 a pear, 2 big handfuls of watercress and 2 big handfuls of rocket. If the pear skins are nice I just give them a wash, if not I remove them with a peeler. Then cut them in 1/2 and deseed. It doesn't really matter how you cut them up. Sometimes in big rough chunks, maybe sliced up or even grated. Then place into a bowl with the watercress and rocket. The pepperiness of the leaves works so well with the sweetness of the pear. Drizzle with good extra-virgin olive oil just to coat, a small squeeze of lemon juice (because the pear juice is slightly acidic but very tasty), and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss all this together and serve. Shave over Parmesan or pecornio, crumble your nuts over and tuck in. I love this salad with roasted meat or as a starter on its own.
PEAR AND POMEGRANATE SALAD
- Divide the lettuce between two bowls. Halve and core the pear, then cut each half in slices. Divide the pear slices and pomegranate seeds among the two bowls and mix gently.
- Combine the vegetable oil, pomegranate juice, lemon juice, mustard, honey, and pepper in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until the dressing thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Pour the warm dressing over the salads and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 152.6 calories, Carbohydrate 23.5 g, Fat 7.1 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 1.6 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 88 mg, Sugar 15.4 g
WATERCRESS, PEAR AND GORGONZOLA SALAD
Mellow pears contrast the strong flavors of gorgonzola in this bright, lightly creamy salad. It's all finished with a sweet-tart dressing of onion, mustard and red wine vinegar. It makes a lovely first course, or simply treat it as two servings, rather than four, and serve it as a light lunch.
Provided by Florence Fabricant
Categories easy, quick, weekday, salads and dressings
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine the onion, mustard, vinegar, honey, lemon juice and grapeseed oil in a food processor or blender. Purée until onion is very fine. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk in olive oil.
- Rinse and dry the watercress. In a large bowl, season watercress with salt and pepper and toss with the dressing. Arrange cheese and fruit on four salad plates and top with watercress.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 468, UnsaturatedFat 32 grams, Carbohydrate 18 grams, Fat 42 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 7 grams, SaturatedFat 9 grams, Sodium 490 milligrams, Sugar 11 grams, TransFat 0 grams
WATERCRESS, PEAR, AND CASHEW SALAD
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, and soy sauce. Add watercress, pear, and cashews; toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 164 g, Fat 12 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 6 g
WATERCRESS, PEAR AND POMEGRANATE SALAD
- Whisk first 5 ingredients in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine watercress and lettuce in bowl. Pour all but 2 tablespoons dressing over; toss to coat. Divide greens among 6 plates. Arrange 4 pear wedges in spoke pattern on each plate. Drizzle 2 tablespoons dressing over pears. Sprinkle with cheese and pomegranate kernels.
WATERCRESS, PEAR, AND BLUE CHEESE SALAD
- Divide the greens among 4 salad plates and chill. Meanwhile, prepare the dressing: Combine all the ingredients in a jar and shake vigorously to blend. When ready to serve, arrange the pear slices over the chilled greens. Top with blue cheese and walnuts and drizzle with 1 or 2 spoonfuls of dressing. Put the remaining dressing in a bowl and pass separately.
PEAR, ENDIVE AND WATERCRESS SALAD
- Slice goat cheese into 6 equal portions; form each into ball. Flatten cheese balls into 2-inch-diameter rounds. Place breadcrumbs in shallow dish. Coat cheese rounds completely with breadcrumbs. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Mix vinegar, garlic clove, shallot and Dijon mustard in blender. With machine running, gradually add walnut oil. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. Set dressing aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add cheese rounds to skillet and sauté until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer cheese rounds to paper towels; let drain completely.
- Toss pears, endive and watercress in large bowl with enough dressing to coat. Divide salad among 6 plates. Sprinkle walnuts over salads. Place 1 goat cheese round in center of each salad and serve.
WATERCRESS, FRISEE, AND PEAR SALAD
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Meanwhile, in a small bowl or jar, whisk or shake vinegar and oil until thick and combined; season with salt and pepper. (Dressing can be made a day ahead and refrigerated, covered.)
- Place nuts on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 7 to 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine watercress, frisee, pears, and dressing; toss gently to coat. Divide among plates; sprinkle with walnut pieces.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 175 g, Fat 13 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 4 g
PAN-ROASTED PEAR SALAD WITH WATERCRESS, PARMESAN AND PECANS
Salads can be as simple as throwing together lettuce with some dressing to fabulously delectible and worthy of a special occassion. Here's a fabulously delicious one from The Best of America's Test Kitchen 2009. Also a fit in the Paleo diet. It takes a little time due to the pears cooling in the balsamic glaze, but utilize the time well and prepare the remainder.
Provided by gailanng
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- The success to the best salads is to first chill your serving plates. Place salad plates or bowls in the refrigerator while preparing. Simple as that.
- Toss the pears, 2 teaspoons of the sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the pears cut side down in a single layer and cook until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes. Using a small spatula or fork, tip each pear onto its second cut side; continue to cook until the second side is light brown, 2 to 4 minutes longer. Turn off the heat, leave the skillet on the burner and add 2 tablespoons of the balsamic vinegar; gently stir until the vinegar becomes glazed and coats the pears, about 30 seconds. Transfer the pears to a large plate and let cool to room temperature, about 45 minutes. Cut each pear quarter crosswise into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar, remaining 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 teaspoon sugar and shallot together in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Add the lettuce, watercress and cooled pears to the bowl; toss and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Divide the salad among individual chilled plates; top each with portions of the cheese and nuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 702.1, Fat 32.6, SaturatedFat 7.5, Cholesterol 25, Sodium 477.7, Carbohydrate 96.9, Fiber 18.9, Sugar 62.5, Protein 16.6
WATERCRESS, SWEET PEAR, ROCKET, WALNUT AND PARMESAN SALAD
Heavenly fresh and so easy to prepare. The What a beautiful combination of flavours, simple and classy. Don't try to make this when you feel like it, make it when you can find perfect pears and watercress, remember only the freshest in season is best. For one person I normally use around half a pear 2 big handfuls of watercress and 2 big handfuls of rocket. Quantities can be adjusted easily. I love this salad with roasted meat
Provided by An_Net
Yield 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- If the skins are nice just give them a wash, if not remove with a peeler. Then cut them in half and deseed. It doesn`t really matter how you cut them up. Sometimes in big rough chunks, maybe sliced up or even grated.
- Then place into the bowl with the watercress and rocket. The pepperiness of the leaves works so well with the sweetness of the pear.
- Drizzle with a good extra virgin olive oil just to coat, a small squeeze of lemon juice (because the pear juice is slightly acidic but very tasty), and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Toss all this together and serve. Shave over some Parmesan or Pecorino, crumble your nuts over.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 655.6, Fat 53.7, SaturatedFat 9.9, Cholesterol 22, Sodium 410.1, Carbohydrate 35.3, Fiber 8.1, Sugar 18.9, Protein 16.6
More about "watercress pear and pomegranate salad recipes"
PEAR, WATERCRESS AND POMEGRANATE SALAD - NZ HERALD
Estimated Reading Time 30 secs
PEAR AND WATERCRESS SALAD | HEALTHY RECIPES | WW …
PEAR AND POMEGRANATE SALAD (SIMPLE - ONE LOVELY LIFE
PEAR, WATERCRESS, AND ENDIVE SALAD - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
PEAR AND WATERCRESS SALAD RECIPE - CHATELAINE
SHAVED FENNEL ASIAN PEAR SALAD WITH POMEGRANATE AND …
PEAR AND POMEGRANATE SALAD - FRESH EXPRESS
WATERCRESS SALAD WITH PHEASANT, BLACKBERRY, PEARS AND PICKLED …
PEAR, WATERCRESS AND POMEGRANATE SALAD - NZ HERALD | RECIPE ...
PEAR AND POMEGRANATE SALAD RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
POACHED PEAR SALAD DRESSING - THERESCIPES.INFO
WATERCRESS, PEAR AND POMEGRANATE SALAD
ROQUEFORT, PEAR & WATERCRESS SALAD RECIPE | EATINGWELL
WATERCRESS AND POMEGRANATE SALAD - LOVE THE KITCHEN
SPICY GREENS AND PEAR SALAD WITH POMEGRANATE GREMOLATA RECIPE
PEAR AND WATERCRESS SALAD • BOUNTY FROM THE BOX RECIPES
18 PEAR SALAD RECIPES TO MAKE THE MOST OF PEAR SEASON
POMEGRANATE PEAR SALAD - SAVOR THE BEST
SALAD RECIPE: CRUNCHY WATERCRESS POMEGRANATE AND PEAR SALAD
WATERCRESS CITRUS SALAD WITH POMEGRANATE-POPPY SEED DRESSING
EASY, STUNNING PEAR AND POMEGRANATE SALAD - GETTYSTEWART.COM
FETA, PEAR, AND WATERCRESS SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PEAR POMEGRANATE SALAD RECIPE - TWO PEAS & THEIR POD
PEAR, WATERCRESS AND POMEGRANATE SALAD - FOOD TO LOVE
WATERCRESS SALAD RECIPE WITH GRILLED PEACHES - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
STEAK PEAR AND WATERCRESS SALAD - RUNNING TO THE KITCHEN®
BEEF, WATERCRESS AND PEAR SALAD | PALEO LEAP
STEAK, PEAR, AND WATERCRESS SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PEAR AND ROMAINE SALAD - THERESCIPES.INFO
APPLE, PEAR, ALMOND AND WATERCRESS SALAD - THE DEVIL WEARS SALAD
WATERCRESS, PEAR AND PECAN SALAD - CHRISTINA COOKS
WATERCRESS, PEAR AND POMEGRANATE SALAD - PLAIN.RECIPES
PEAR, FENNEL & WATERCRESS SALAD | RECIPE | NATALIE PENNY
POMEGRANATE AND PEAR SALAD : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
7 BEST WATERCRESS SALADS | FOOD & WINE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make a salad with pomegranate seeds?Divide the lettuce between two bowls. Halve and core the pear, then cut each half in slices. Divide the pear slices and pomegranate seeds among the two bowls and mix gently. Combine the vegetable oil, pomegranate juice, lemon juice, mustard, honey, and pepper in a saucepan.
How to make a salad with watercress?Combine the watercress, cucumbers, beef strips and pears in a bowl. In another small bowl, combine the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, ginger and green onions. Whisk everything together and season with salt and pepper. Dress the salad with the vinaigrette right before serving.
What is in a pomegranate and pear salad?This Pomegranate and Pear Salad includes goat or feta cheese, pears, nuts, and pomegranates over a bed of fresh spinach, drizzled with a homemade dressing. It only takes 15 minutes and is sure to impress any guest! Looking for salad recipes? Try Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad, Burrata Salad, or Three Bean Salad!
How do you make a salad with Pears?Steps to Make It. Divide the lettuce onto four chilled plates and top with sliced pears and currants or raisins. Crumble the cheese evenly over the salads and top with walnut halves. In a small bowl combine the lemon juice, rice vinegar, and olive oil. Whisk together and season with salt and fresh-ground black pepper to taste.