EASY BLUE CHEESE SAUCE PASTA
- Gather the ingredients.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water, then drain the noodles.
- Turn the heat down to low and add the butter to the pot.
- When the butter has melted, add the noodles back to the pot and stir to coat.
- Slowly add the blue cheese, stirring the noodles so the cheese melts.
- As you add the cheese, also drizzle a little of the reserved pasta water over the noodles, using as much or as little as needed. The water will keep the noodles from clumping together and thin out the blue cheese as it melts so the sauce has a lighter, less-sticky texture.
- Once the blue cheese has mostly melted, stir in the parsley. Add salt to taste.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 274 kcal, Carbohydrate 19 g, Cholesterol 43 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 11 g, SaturatedFat 11 g, Sodium 432 mg, Sugar 1 g, Fat 17 g, ServingSize 1 jar (4 servings), UnsaturatedFat 0 g
BLUE CHEESE SAUCE, FOR STEAK
- Melt the butter in the pan and add the chopped shallot. Cook the shallot for about 5 minutes on a low to medium heat, stirring regularly.
- Then add the white wine and wait until it has reduced (about 1-2 minutes). Then add the blue cheese to the pan and wait until it has all melted before adding the cream.
- Stir well and heat for about one minute, seasoning with black pepper to suit. You will not need to add any salt, as the cheese is already very salty. Finally, garnish with the chives.
- Serve up separately, or on top of the steak as required.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 584 calories, Carbohydrate 8 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 150 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 51 grams fat, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 22 grams protein, SaturatedFat 33 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, Sodium 1518 milligrams sodium, Sugar 3 grams sugar, TransFat 1 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFat 16 grams unsaturated fat
BLUE CHEESE DRESSING
- Put the Gorgonzola in a small mixing bowl and mash it with a fork. Add the sour cream, buttermilk, mayonnaise, white wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and black pepper and whisk to combine. Serve or store in an airtight container, in the refrigerator, for up to 1 week.
HOMEMADE CHEESE SAUCE
- Place a double boiler over medium heat. Add the cubed cheese and milk and heat, stirring, until the cheese is melted and the mixture is combined, about 5 minutes. Stir in the mustard, vinegar and salt. Grate the garlic into the mixture using a rasp grater; stir to combine. Cook until the flavors meld, an additional 3 to 5 minutes.
BLUE-CHEESE-CRUSTED STEAKS WITH RED WINE SAUCE
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, shallot, and thyme. Sauté until shallot is tender, about 5 minutes. Add broth and wine. Boil until sauce is reduced to 1/2 cup, about 12 minutes. Set sauce aside.
- Blend cheese, panko, and parsley in small bowl to coat cheese evenly with panko. (Sauce and cheese mixture can be made 1 day ahead. Cover separately and chill.)
- Preheat broiler. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Add steaks to skillet and cook to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer steaks to rimmed baking sheet; reserve skillet. Press cheese mixture onto top of steaks, dividing equally. Broil until cheese browns, about 2 minutes. Transfer steaks to plates.
- Pour sauce into reserved skillet. Bring to boil, scraping up browned bits. Boil 2 minutes. Whisk in remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon sauce around steaks and serve.
- *Available at Asian markets and in the Asian section of some supermarkets.
BLUE CHEESE CRUSTED FILET MIGNON WITH PORT WINE SAUCE
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and thyme. Cook, stirring constantly, until onion is tender. Stir in the beef broth, scraping any onion bits from the bottom of the pan, then stir in the port wine. Bring to a boil, and cook until the mixture has reduced to about 1/2 cup. Set aside. This may also be made ahead of time, and reheated.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Heat oil in a cast-iron or other oven-safe skillet over high heat. Sear steaks quickly on both sides until brown, then place the whole pan into the oven.
- Roast steaks in the oven for about 15 minutes for medium rare - with an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (63 degrees C). You may adjust this time to allow the steaks to finish just below your desired degree of doneness if medium is not what you prefer. Remove from the oven, and place on a baking sheet. Stir together the panko crumbs and blue cheese. Top each steak with a layer of this mixture.
- Preheat the oven's broiler. Place steaks under the preheated broiler until the cheese topping is browned and bubbly. 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the oven, and let stand for at least 15 minutes before serving. Serve with warm port wine sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 402.2 calories, Carbohydrate 9 g, Cholesterol 84.7 mg, Fat 27.8 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 24.5 g, SaturatedFat 12.5 g, Sodium 462.6 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
BLUE CHEESE SAUCE
Pack a flavour punch with our cheese sauce made with stilton. Enjoy with meats or try on salads for a real kick
Provided by Miriam Nice
Yield Makes 4-6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat, then stir in the flour and let cook for 1 min or so. Gradually pour in the milk, stirring constantly, until the sauce is smooth and all the milk has been added. Bring the mixture to a simmer and stir in the cheese. Cook until the cheese has melted and the sauce has thickened slightly, then season to taste and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 89 calories, Fat 7 grams fat, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 4 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 1 grams sugar, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.2 milligram of sodium
BLUE CHEESE SAUCE FOR STEAKS, BURGERS, AND CHICKEN
- In a small saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender.
- Sprinkle with flour; stir until blended.
- Gradually add milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add blue cheese, wine or chicken broth, white pepper and pepper sauce.
- Heat through.
- Serve sauce over meat.
CHICKEN, CHEESE, AND WINE
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Layer the chicken breast halves into the bottom of a baking dish. Stir the cream of mushroom soup, mushrooms, garlic, curry powder, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl until mixed. Add the white wine to the soup mixture and stir until smooth; pour over the chicken breast halves. Sprinkle the Cheddar cheese and paprika over the mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 90 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of a chicken breast should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 354.8 calories, Carbohydrate 7.2 g, Cholesterol 98.1 mg, Fat 17.9 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 32.9 g, SaturatedFat 9.3 g, Sodium 731.2 mg, Sugar 1.9 g
BLUE CHEESE CRUSTED FILET MIGNON WITH PORT WINE SAUCE
This is a flavorful and tasty presentation of a very tender cut of beef. We made it for a birthday dinner and it was memorable. From Allrecipes.
Provided by CaliforniaJan
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and thyme. Cook, stirring constantly, until onion is tender. Stir in the beef broth, scraping any onion bits from the bottom of the pan, then stir in the port wine. Bring to a boil, and cook until the mixture has reduced to about 1/2 cup. Set aside. This may also be made ahead of time and reheated.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Heat oil in a cast-iron or other oven-safe skillet over high heat. Sear steaks quickly on both sides until brown, then place the entire pan into the oven.
- Roast steaks in the oven for about 15 minutes for medium rare, with an internal temperature of 145°F You may adjust this time to allow the steaks to finish just below your desired degree of doneness if medium is not what you prefer. Remove from the oven. Stir together the bread crumbs and blue cheese. Top each steak with a layer of this mixture.
- Preheat the oven's broiler. Place steaks under the preheated broiler until the cheese topping is browned and bubbly, 3 - 4 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with warm port wine sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 233.8, Fat 14.1, SaturatedFat 7.1, Cholesterol 26.6, Sodium 599.2, Carbohydrate 12.3, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 3.7, Protein 7.3
More about "white wine blue cheese sauce recipes"
BLUE CHEESE SAUCE STEAK SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Ratings 193Calories 156 per servingCategory Dinner, Sauce, Condiment
10 BEST CREAMY WHITE WINE CHEESE SAUCE RECIPES
TILAPIA WITH BLUE CHEESE SAUCE RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
BLUE CHEESE SAUCE RECIPE - YOUTUBE
CHICKEN IN WHITE WINE SAUCE - COOKING CLASSY
BLUE CHEESE DIPPING SAUCE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
MUSSELS WITH BLUE CHEESE (MOULES AU ROQUEFORT) - STEFAN'S …
BLUE CHEESE SAUCE RECIPE | OLIVEMAGAZINE
BLUE-CHEESE-CHIVE SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BLUE CHEESE SAUCE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
BLUE CHEESE SAUCE RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
10 BEST RED WINE BLUE CHEESE SAUCE RECIPES - YUMMLY
EASY WHITE WINE SAUCE – A COUPLE COOKS
RESTAURANT QUALITY BLUE CHEESE SAUCE RECIPE FOR STEAK
10 BEST CREAMY WHITE WINE CHEESE SAUCE RECIPES - YUMMLY
BLUE CHEESE SAUCE - NICKY'S KITCHEN SANCTUARY
WHAT WINE GOES WITH CHICKEN BLUE CHEESE SAUCE RECIPE YUMMLY
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
WINE-CHEESE SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
WHITE WINE MARINATED STEAK WITH BLUE CHEESE - CAROLINE'S …
WHITE WINE SAUCE RECIPES | GOODTO
FISH WITH WHITE WINE SAUCE - RECIPETIN EATS
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU WITH CREAMY WHITE SAUCE
RECIPE: 3-INGREDIENT BUTTERY WHITE WINE PASTA SAUCE - KITCHN
GORGONZOLA SAUCE - THE ANTHONY KITCHEN
WHITE WINE PASTA SAUCE - FOOD WITH FEELING
EASY BLUE CHEESE SAUCE FOR STEAK - THE DINNER-MOM
BASIC CHEESE SAUCE | BLUE JEAN CHEF - MEREDITH LAURENCE
WHITE WINE SAUCE FOR PASTA | PERFECT FOR SEAFOOD AND CHICKEN
STEAK WITH BLUE CHEESE SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD.COM - PINTEREST
CHEESE SAUCE WITH WHITE WINE RECIPE - COOKSRECIPES.COM
EASY CHEESE FONDUE RECIPE WITH WHITE WINE - CREAMY AND …
WHITE WINE MAC AND CHEESE - FORK IN THE KITCHEN
BLUE CHEESE PAIRINGS - WINE ENTHUSIAST
MUSSELS IN BLUE CHEESE SAUCE - FRAMED COOKS
VERSATILE BLUE CHEESE SAUCE RECIPE | THE FOODIE AFFAIR
You'll also love