WHOLLY HULI PULLED PORK
Wonni's ingredients, my measurements are all approximate, because I haven't found it local yet. Posting it here, off of the back of the bottle. So far, no luck finding it in Oregon, so I'll make it. Kids, this is Mom's go to recipe for pulled pork. As with all of my recipes, play with it, make it your own. I measure by the pinch, clump 'Oh, that looks about right method' that my family taught me.
Provided by Bay Haven Inn
Yield 2 pounds, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Mix up the sauce. MInce or grate onions, garlic and ginger. Dump everything but the pork and canola oil in a bowl, mason jar, whirry thing, whatever works for you. Shake it up, mix it up, make sure the sugar dissolves and the flavors get to know each other. Best if it sits in the fridge for a while, but not necessary. If you use granulated onion, garlic and ground ginger, it lasts a long, long time.
- Marinate the pork in the fridge. Flavor is good after 2 hours, but great without this step. (I skip this).
- Let pork sit at room temperature, about 30 minutes is good. Sear the pork in the pressure cooker, or pan, just get it to a nice brown because it adds a LOT of flavor. Use less oil if your pan is non stick.
- Dump the sauce on top. Stir, scraping the bottom of the pot a bit to mix all the flavor together.
- This is where it is up to you. Pressure cooker, at about 15 lbs pressure for 55 to 70 minutes is the best way to push all the flavor in the pork and get the right texture. IMPORTANT Let the pressure escape on it's own, do NOT release pressure quickly or the meat will seize up, get tough and lose moisture. Other methods work great, just make sure to deglaze the searing pan so you can use that flavor in the cooking process. Crock pot or slow cooker, 6 hours. Oven braise 325 for an hour and a half, covered, until meat reaches 160 and falls apart, not my favorite method. Grill it up, shred, dump the sauce over the top. Your choice, the pressure cooker works the best for us.
- Shred the pork as soon as it is cooled enough to handle with 2 forks or a fork and the back side of a butter knife, or clean fingers, before chilling or it will not fall apart. Great made in advance or frozen for OAMC.
- Also use sauce/marinade (can thicken with a corn starch slurry at a simmer in a small pot) for chicken, seafood, shrimp, whatever, it's a great sauce on rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 470.1, Fat 29.6, SaturatedFat 9.6, Cholesterol 107.3, Sodium 1444.4, Carbohydrate 18.3, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 14.8, Protein 28.9
HULI HULI PORK
This is a recipe from Better Homes and Gardens, and we thought it was terrific. The recipe says it can be used for chicken, too. But we stuck with the recipe as it was written and used pork, and it turned out perfect. Prep time includes the minimal marinating time.
Provided by Northwestgal
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place pork in a large, heavy zip-lock plastic bag set in a shallow dish; set aside.
- For marinade, in a small bowl combine ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, wine (or lime juice), ginger and garlic. Remove 1 cup of the mixture to a small bowl; cover and chill until needed. Pour remaining mixture over pork; seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Drain pork.
- FOR CHARCOAL GRILL, arrange coals around a drip pan. Test for medium-high heat above the pan. Place pork on grill rack over pan. Cover and grill 20 minutes. Brush with 1/4 cup of the reserved marinade. Cover and grill 15-20 minutes more or until an instant-read thermometer registeres 155°F when inserted into thickest part of the meat. FOR GAS GRILL, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium-high. Adjust for indirect cooking, and grill as directed above.
- Remove pork from grill. Cover pork with foil and let stand 10 minutes before slicing. (The pork will rise another 5°F during standing.).
- Meanwhile, place reserved 3/4 cup of marinade in a small saucepan, and heat through. Pass the sauce with the pork.
- Garnish with lime wedges and sprigs of fresh herbs.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 201.4, Fat 4.5, SaturatedFat 1.5, Cholesterol 82.1, Sodium 671.9, Carbohydrate 12.3, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 10.3, Protein 27.1
HULI HULI CHICKEN THIGHS
I'm allergic to store-bought barbecue sauces, so when I found a marinade recipe I could use, I tweaked it a little and began using it with chicken thighs. My fiance loves this over Parmesan couscous.-Erin Rockwell, Lowell, Massachusetts
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix first six ingredients. Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker; top with pineapple mixture., Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 4-5 hours. Serve with rice. If desired, top with green onions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 239 calories, Fat 8g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 76mg cholesterol, Sodium 733mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate (16g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
GRILLED HULI HULI CHICKEN
This popular Hawaiian chicken is a favorite at my BBQ's. Huli means "turn". The barbeque sauce for this dish is flavored with pineapple juice, soy sauce, sherry, and ginger.
Provided by Chef Russ
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Mix ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, chicken broth, sherry, pineapple juice concentrate, garlic, ginger, and Worcestershire in a bowl. Brush over the chicken pieces and reserve any remaining sauce.
- Place chicken on the preheated grill. Cook, brushing with sauce and turning repeatedly, until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 40 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone, should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 462.8 calories, Carbohydrate 10 g, Cholesterol 149.6 mg, Fat 24.1 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 47.8 g, SaturatedFat 6.7 g, Sodium 574.8 mg, Sugar 8.4 g
More about "wholly huli pulled pork recipes"
HULI HULI PORK | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
3.5/5 (4)Calories 206 per servingTotal Time 5 hrs 5 mins
- For marinade, in a small bowl combine the ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, wine or lime juice, ginger, and garlic. Remove 3/4 cup of the mixture to a small bowl; cover and chill until needed. Pour remaining mixture over pork; seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Drain pork, reserving marinade. For a charcoal grill arrange hot coals around a drip pan. Test for medium-high heat above the pan. Place pork on grill rack over pan. Cover and grill 20 minutes. Brush with drained marinade. Cover and grill 15 to 20 minutes more or until an instant-read thermometer registers 155 degrees F when inserted into the thickest part of the meat. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium-high. Adjust for indirect cooking. Grill as above.) Remove pork from grill. Cover pork with foil and let stand 10 minutes before slicing. (The meat's temperature will rise 5 degrees F during standing.)
- Meanwhile, place reserved sauce mixture in a small saucepan; heat through. Pass sauce with pork. Garnish with lime wedges and fresh herbs. Makes 8 servings.
HULI HULI CHICKEN RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
HULI HULI CHICKEN - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
HULI HULI PORK | RECIPE | PORK RECIPES, RECIPES, PORK
GORDON’S HAWAIIAN POTATOES AND HULI HULI PORKCHOPS ...
HULI-HULI PORK? - PITMASTER CLUB
OUR HULI HULI PORK TENDERLOIN IS SWEET AND TANGY | RELISH
WHAT TO SERVE WITH HAWAIIAN PULLED PORK? 6 SIDE DISHES TO ...
THE BEST 19 PULLED PORK RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
HAWAIIAN PULLED PORK (KALUA PORK RECIPE) - WEST VIA …
HAWAIIAN PULLED PORK - SMOKED MEAT RECIPES AND TIPS TO ...
15 LEFTOVER PULLED PORK RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
HULI HULI PULLED PORK WITH JASMINE RICE AND PINEAPPLE ...
HULI HULI PORK RIBS – HAWAIIAN BBQ RIBS – SPARE RIB RECIPE ...
WHOLLY HULI PULLED PORK RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | BBQ ...
HAWAIIAN STYLE SLOW COOKER KALUA PULLED PORK | THE RECIPE ...
SLOW COOKER HAWAIIAN PULLED PORK - JUST A TASTE
HAWAIIAN HULI-HULI CHICKEN DONE TO PERFECTION IN YOUR BACKYARD
SLOW COOKER HAWAIIAN PULLED PORK - AVERIE COOKS
WHOLLY HULI PULLED PORK - PLAIN.RECIPES
HAWAIIAN BBQ SAUCE: HULI HULI - WEST VIA MIDWEST
HULA PULLED PORK - WICKLES PICKLES
BAKED HULI HULI CHICKEN (WITH EASY HOMEMADE HAWAIIAN BBQ ...
HAWAIIAN HULI HULI MARINADE SAUCE RECIPE
HULI HULI PORK RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | RECIPES, PORK ...
20 LEFTOVER PULLED PORK RECIPES - FOOD LOVIN' FAMILY
SLOW COOKER HULI HULI CHICKEN - CRAVINGS OF A LUNATIC
HULI-HULI SPARE RIBS RECIPE FROM STEVEN RAICHLEN ...
HULI HULI CHICKEN (HAWAIIAN TROPICAL CHICKEN) | RECIPETIN EATS
HULI HULI PORK RECIPE
HAWAIIAN GRILLED HULI HULI CHICKEN | COOKIES AND CUPS
SLOW COOKER HULI HULI PORK TENDERLOIN - PLAIN CHICKEN
EASY HULI HULI CHICKEN - FOX AND BRIAR
HULI-HULI PORK STEAK - LATEST RECIPES
HULI HULI CHICKEN | RICARDO
HULI HULI PORK RIBS - NO SPOON NECESSARY
HAWAIIAN HULI HULI CHICKEN - COOKING CLASSY
GRILLED HULI HULI PORK CHOPS - PLAIN CHICKEN
HULI-HULI PORK STEAK | RECIPE | PORK STEAK, PORK STEAK ...
HULI-HULI BBQ PORK CHOPS OVER GINGER-SCALLION RICE MEAL ...
PULLED PORK – WHOLLYCOWBBQ
SLOW-ROASTED HAWAIIAN PORK RECIPE - ATTA GIRL SAYS
#time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #north-american #main-dish #condiments-etc #american #oven #kid-friendly #crock-pot-slow-cooker #pressure-cooker #stove-top #hawaiian #dietary #oamc-freezer-make-ahead #low-carb #low-in-something #equipment #small-appliance #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make huli huli pork?Huli Huli Pork. Ingredients. Directions. Place pork in a large, heavy self-sealing plastic bag set in a shallow dish; set aside. For marinade, in a small bowl combine the ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, wine or lime juice, ginger, and garlic. Remove 3/4 cup of the mixture to a small bowl; cover and chill until needed.
What is huli huli pork ribs?Huli Huli is a Hawaiian dish, traditionally prepared with chicken. Huli huli pork ribs take all the wonderful and authentic flavors of huli huli chicken, such as pineapple juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger and garlic, and applies them to ribs. The result?
How to cook Juicy BBQ Pulled Pork?Juicy BBQ pulled pork served with home-made, creamy coleslaw on fresh, toasted rolls. The ultimate fuss-free recipe to serve to a crowd. Pre-heat the oven to 160°c. For the pork, drizzle the olive oil over the leg of pork and rub the seasonings into the meat. Place in a greased baking dish and cover with foil.
What kind of sauce do you put on huli huli chops?Grilled Huli Huli Pork Chops – pork chops marinated in a quick homemade ginger bbq sauce and grilled. Brown sugar, ketchup, ginger, soy sauce, garlic, sherry and pork chops. Can use boneless or bone-in pork chops. Save some of the marinade to baste pork chops when grilling.