CRANBERRY WILD RICE PILAF
- Heat up a large deep skillet or pot over medium low flame. Add the olive oil ( or a splash of water ) and the chopped onion. Sautee with a pinch of sea salt until translucent.
- Stir in the grated carrot, thyme, oregano, sage, rosemary, bay leaves and red pepper flakes. Add the wild rice mix and mix well to combine. Allow it to toast together with the aromatics for a couple of minute.
- Add in the chopped bell pepper and 1 cup of the cranberries. Pour in the vegetable stock or water, stir and taste for seasonings. Add more sea salt to your taste.
- Bring the pilaf to a simmer, cover with a tight lid and cook on low flame for 50 minutes.
- Turn off the flame but do not remove the lid. Allow the rice to sit covered for 10 to 15 minutes and continue cooking in its own steam.
- Discard the bay leaves and the woody sprigs from the herbs. Use a fork and gently fluff up the rice.
- Serve warm or cold garnished with the remaining cranberries and fresh herbs.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 368 kcal, Carbohydrate 75 g, Protein 10 g, Fat 3 g, Sodium 39 mg, Fiber 8 g, Sugar 21 g, ServingSize 1 serving
CRANBERRY WILD RICE PILAF
A lovely long grain and wild rice pilaf with touches of fruits and nuts. Perfect for serving with chicken and turkey. Different from the usual stuffings. Cook time is concurrent.
Provided by PalatablePastime
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large saucepan, bring 6 cups of the broth and 6 cups of water to a boil; add wild rice and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender but firm, about 35-40 minutes.
- In another saucepan, saute the onions in the butter until tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Add the spices and stir until aromatic, then add the remaining broth and 3 cups of water, the cranberries, raisins, and orange zest.
- Season with salt and pepper, bring to a boil, then add the white rice and reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain the wild rice.
- Remove the bay leaves from the white rice and discard.
- Mix together both rices and stir in the pine nuts; adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 454.4, Fat 12.4, SaturatedFat 4.2, Cholesterol 15.2, Sodium 59.5, Carbohydrate 81.2, Fiber 5.1, Sugar 23.9, Protein 8.9
CRANBERRY RICE PILAF
Tangy and tart cranberries and apples pair with nutty, wild rice to bring out festive flavors in Cranberry Rice Pilaf. The easy rice recipe is the perfect side dish for any of your fall and Christmas dinner!
Provided by Deanne Frieders - This Farm Girl Cooks
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Add chicken broth and wild rice blend to a medium saucepan. Turn heat to medium high until the mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low, add the lid and simmer for 45 minutes. Do not remove the lid during cooking time.
- While the rice cooks, add butter to a large 12" skillet over medium heat. Add the stick of butter to a large 12" skillet and turn on the heat to medium. Add the diced shallots and cook for 3 minutes until translucent.
- Add the diced apples, cranberries and pecans and turn off the heat. Stir gently to combine.
- Once the rice has cooked, stir the rice into the skillet and mix. Sprinkle with the fresh herbs and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 254 calories, Carbohydrate 37 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 6 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 12 grams fat, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 4 grams protein, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, Sodium 514 grams sodium, Sugar 19 grams sugar, TransFat 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFat 9 grams unsaturated fat
ALMOND CRANBERRY RICE PILAF
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the almonds and cook, stirring constantly, until golden and nutty smelling, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and reserve.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in the saucepan and add the onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the rice and cranberries and cook, stirring, until well coated, about 1 minute. Add the chicken broth, 1 1/2 cups water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste, and increase the heat to medium-high. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce the heat to low. Cook until all the liquid has been absorbed, about 18 minutes. Take off the heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Stir in half of the reserved almonds and the parsley, and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with the remaining toasted almonds.
WILD AND BROWN RICE PILAF WITH CRANBERRIES
- 1. Plump the cranberries in the wine for about 20 minutes. Drain the cranberries and reserve the liquid.
- 2. To make the brown rice, sweat the onions in the reserved cranberry liquid until the onions are translucent. Add the brown rice and stock. Bring the liquid to a boil and cover the pot tightly. Cook in a 350°F(175°C) oven until the rice is tender and has absorbed all the liquid, about 40 minutes.
- 3. To prepare the wild rice, bring the apple cider, stock and wild rice to a boil in a medium sauce pot. cover the pot tightly, and cook in a 350°F(175°C) oven until the rice is tender and has absorbed all the liquid, about 90 minutes.
- 4. Place the unpeeled shallots on a bed of coarse salt in a 375°F(190°C) oven until the exterior is very crisp about 20 minutes. Allow the shallots to cool. Remove the skin and shred the flesh.
- 5. Combine both rices and the plumped cranberries. Garnish with the roasted shallots.
WILD-RICE PILAF WITH CRANBERRIES AND PECANS
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3 minutes. Add rice, and cook for 1 minute. Add chicken stock, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, covered, until rice is tender and starting to burst, 45 to 50 minutes. Drain any excess liquid. Transfer to a bowl.
- While rice cooks, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange pecans on a rimmed baking sheet, and toast until browned and fragrant, about 8 minutes. Let cool. Coarsely chop pecans.
- Add toasted pecans, cranberries, raisins, and parsley to rice. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
BROWN AND WILD RICE PILAF
I created this a few years ago at Thanksgiving as substitute for stuffing for the vegetarians. The whole family has adopted it, as we do not cook a whole turkey anymore, just a turkey breast. I suppose it probably could be used to stuff a turkey. It is a bit of trouble to cook the two rices and the vegetable mixture in separate pans, but I find that the taste and texture turns out much better than when I've tried to cook them together.
Provided by Marlena
Categories Brown Rice
Yield 1 large dish
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Boil wild rice in two cups water about 50 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, place brown rice and 4 cups broth in another pot and bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat, cover, and cook for 50 minutes or until done.
- Pour the olive oil into a sauté pan.
- When it is hot, add the onion, celery, and mushrooms, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the parsley and sage, garlic if using, and a sprinkling of salt and pepper, then continue cooking until vegetables are soft.
- Mix both rices and vegetable mixture, add a bit more vegetable broth if it is too dry, reheat if necessary, and serve.
WILD AND BROWN RICE PILAF WITH BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND DRIED CRANBERRIES
- Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and carrot; sauté 5 minutes. Add ginger, curry powder, cumin, and garlic; stir 1 minute. Stir in squash and next 4 ingredients. Add 3 3/4 cups water and salt. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until water is absorbed and rice is tender, about 45 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in cranberries. Cover; let stand until cranberries soften, about 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand uncovered at room temperature. Cover with plastic wrap; rewarm in microwave.)
CRANBERRY WILD RICE PILAF
This tender side dish is perfect for the holidays or any time you want to add a special touch. Dried cranberries, currants and almonds serve up color and texture. My co-workers all make this rice pilaf for their families. -Pat Gardetta, Osage Beach, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a saucepan, combine wild rice and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in barley, currants and butter. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. , Bake, covered, until wild rice and barley are tender, 50-60 minutes. Stir in almonds and cranberries.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 166 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 6mg cholesterol, Sodium 382mg sodium, Carbohydrate 30g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 5g protein. Diabetic exchanges
WILD AND BROWN RICE
- In heavy saucepan, soak wild rice in boiling water for 30 minutes. Drain; rinse thoroughly.
- In large skillet or Dutch oven, combine drained wild rice, brown rice, onion, carrots, celery, chicken broth, thyme, marjoram, salt, and black pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, 50 to 60 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 146.7 calories, Carbohydrate 30.1 g, Cholesterol 2.3 mg, Fat 0.9 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 4.9 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Sodium 549.7 mg, Sugar 2.3 g
CRANBERRY AND ALMOND RICE PILAF
I've been making this dish for years - it's different from typical rice pilaf dishes in that the cranberries add the sweetness and the tartness that you don't expect in a savory dish. Oh, and it's super hard to fumble.
Provided by BOGINIA2
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook and stir onion in hot oil until tender and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir cranberries and jasmine rice into onion until rice is coated with oil and rice is lightly toasted, about 5 minutes more.
- Pour chicken broth into skillet and season with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Bring rice mixture to a boil over high heat, then cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 22 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat; stir green onions, cilantro, and almonds into rice mixture. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 212.6 calories, Carbohydrate 39.4 g, Cholesterol 1.5 mg, Fat 3.9 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 5.1 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 285.2 mg, Sugar 6.1 g
WILD RICE AND BARLEY PILAF
- Bring three cups of the water to boil, add salt and wild rice. Lower heat and simmer, covered, for about 45 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- In another pot, bring the remaining water to boil and add barley. Lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Drain the cranberries.
- Mix together the rice, barley, cranberries, pine nuts, oil and lemon. Season with thyme, salt, and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 252, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 38 grams, Fat 9 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 8 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 605 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CRANBERRY RICE PILAF
This deliciously different pilaf gets its festive color from tart cranberries, while brown rice provides wholesome flavor. It's excellent alongside poultry.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large saucepan, bring the broth, orange juice and sugar to a boil. Stir in the rice, cranberries and butter. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5-8 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 217 calories, Fat 6g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 8mg cholesterol, Sodium 269mg sodium, Carbohydrate 37g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
WILD RICE PILAF WITH CRANBERRIES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a heavy ovenproof casserole, heat the butter or oil. Add the celery and onion and saute over medium heat until tender. Stir in the mushrooms and cranberries and saute until softened.
- Stir in the wild rice and the stock. Bring to a simmer and season with salt and pepper.
- Put in the oven and bake one hour and 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside, covered, for 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 267, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 42 grams, Fat 8 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 9 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 535 milligrams, Sugar 12 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "wild and brown rice pilaf with cranberries recipes"
RECIPE: WILD AND BROWN RICE PILAF WITH CRANBERRIES - RECIPELINK.COM
Category Side Dishes-Rice, GrainsReply to RecipeFrom Betsy at Recipelink.com, 08-22-2002
VEGETARIAN RICE PILAF RECIPE | HEALTHY DELICIOUS
WHITE EARTH WILD RICE RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
WILD RICE PILAF WITH CRANBERRIES, CARROTS AND PECANS
WILD RICE PILAF WITH DRIED CRANBERRIES - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
WILD RICE-AND-CIDER-CRANBERRY PILAF
WILD RICE AND MUSHROOM PILAF WITH CRANBERRIES RECIPE
WILD RICE PILAF WITH DRIED CRANBERRIES AND PECANS
FINGER-LICKING GOOD BROWN AND WILD RICE PILAF - GETTY …
WILD RICE PILAF WITH APPLES AND CRANBERRIES - FORKINGSPOON
WILD RICE AND MUSHROOM PILAF WITH CRANBERRIES RECIPE - REAL SIMPLE
WILD RICE PILAF WITH CRANBERRIES AND PECANS - PACER KRISTEN
WILD RICE PILAF WITH CRANBERRIES - A PERFECT SIDE DISH FOR FALL!
WILD AND BROWN RICE PILAF WITH DRIED FRUIT AND PECANS - ROSE …
WILD RICE PILAF WITH CRANBERRIES AND APPLE - COOK NOURISH BLISS
RICE PILAF WITH CRANBERRIES AND PECANS - DINNER AT THE ZOO
WILD RICE PILAF WITH CRANBERRIES AND PECANS - VALERIE'S KITCHEN
WILD RICE PILAF WITH CRANBERRIES, APPLES AND PECANS
EASY RICE PILAF WITH DRIED CRANBERRIES - THE SCHMIDTY WIFE
WILD RICE PILAF WITH CRANBERRIES AND PINE NUTS - JULIA'S CUISINE
BARLEY, WILD RICE BLEND AND CRANBERRY PILAF - OLIVE THAT
BROWN RICE PILAF WITH CRANBERRIES & PISTACHIOS RECIPE
WILD RICE AND CRANBERRY PILAF : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
HERBED RICE PILAF RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
WILD RICE PILAF WITH CRANBERRIES AND WALNUTS | RICARDO
WILD RICE PILAF WITH CRANBERRIES AND APPLES - MAYO CLINIC
WILD RICE AND KALE - THERESCIPES.INFO
RICE PILAF WITH CRANBERRIES AND PECANS RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
BROWN RICE PILAF WITH CRANBERRIES - THERESCIPES.INFO
CRANBERRY APPLE RICE PILAF - MELISSASSOUTHERNSTYLEKITCHEN.COM
WILD RICE PILAF | KITCHN
You'll also love